The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fandub of The Land Before Time (1988)

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
idk, I'd like to participate, but I don't know if I could voice any of the characters that well at all.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Jun 25 2011 on  11:13 PM
idk, I'd like to participate, but I don't know if I could voice any of the characters that well at all.
Why not?
Sorry wrong question. Well let's start with who would you like to voice?

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ah awesome i'm glad to hear that this will be in production.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I guess I could try out for all of them, and see if I can actually do any of them. When your ready to start auditions, let me know.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I would be interested in the Littlefoot role, but I don't sound like a kid anymore.  Oddly enough, I sounded a lot like Littlefoot when I was younger. :p

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, it’s not that I don’t want to participate, but I highly doubt any of you would want me to if we dubbed the whole movie. I don’t sound right in everyday conversation, so I can’t imagine what I could contribute to a dub. Still, if anyone would like me to at least try, I will. If no one will do Ducky (as it looks like no one offered to do her yet) I’ll give her a try. Me trying to mimic her might not go all badly, and it might be amusing, to say the least. I suppose I could give it an attempt if there would be a point to it. So, I’ll go where I’m possibly wanted.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Friendly Sharptooth,Jun 26 2011 on  12:45 PM
Well, it’s not that I don’t want to participate, but I highly doubt any of you would want me to if we dubbed the whole movie. I don’t sound right in everyday conversation, so I can’t imagine what I could contribute to a dub. Still, if anyone would like me to at least try, I will. If no one will do Ducky (as it looks like no one offered to do her yet) I’ll give her a try. Me trying to mimic her might not go all badly, and it might be amusing, to say the least. I suppose I could give it an attempt if there would be a point to it. So, I’ll go where I’m possibly wanted.
I want anyone to participate. If you could manipulate your voice to sound a bit like ducky good. When I feel like this part of "production" is done, we'll move on to auditions.
I think everyone should audition for more than one part. For instance, if you're male try out for more than one of the male parts and vice versa for females. Then maybe a poll could be taken to see who is better on each part. I'm looking for more of the acting then whether or not you can sound like them. If you can play the part well, I'm sure you'll get it.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
However, is the thought to just replace the existing voices with the voices of GOF members and keep the same text?

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jun 27 2011 on  03:12 AM
However, is the thought to just replace the existing voices with the voices of GOF members and keep the same text?
Yep. So I guess technically it wouldn't be considered a fandub would it? More of just a dub of the movie.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Hey there. Nice to hear that another dub project is running. Like before I could give my voice for Littlefoot. I think I kinda sound like him. I could also try to voice Ducky, but I don¥t think that this sounds too good. Chomper would be pretty fine as well. :) Because of all my singing I managed to keep my younger voice pretty good and think that I can manage the high pitched voices better than the lower ones.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: Nimrod,Jun 28 2011 on  03:31 PM
Hey there. Nice to hear that another dub project is running. Like before I could give my voice for Littlefoot. I think I kinda sound like him. I could also try to voice Ducky, but I don¥t think that this sounds too good. Chomper would be pretty fine as well. :) Because of all my singing I managed to keep my younger voice pretty good and think that I can manage the high pitched voices better than the lower ones.
Excellent. A Littlefoot voice is the one I knew would be difficult. And don't worry about Chomper. As far as I can tell, this is just for the original. or maybe it could become a series thing.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Allicloud,Jun 28 2011 on  04:04 PM
Excellent. A Littlefoot voice is the one I knew would be difficult. And don't worry about Chomper. As far as I can tell, this is just for the original. or maybe it could become a series thing.
If this goes well maybe I can get everyone on board with the sequel dubs.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I need help. I have been trying to extract the vocals from the movie without damaging most of the background sounds and music. I've managed to rid most vocals although echos and such are still present. And the sound is a bit anomalous. If anybody who has a background in working with audio in the sense could help me, it'd be greatly appreciated. Listen here to see what I mean.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Justin1993,Jul 16 2011 on  05:08 AM
I need help. I have been trying to extract the vocals from the movie without damaging most of the background sounds and music. I've managed to rid most vocals although echos and such are still present. And the sound is a bit anomalous. If anybody who has a background in working with audio in the sense could help me, it'd be greatly appreciated. Listen here to see what I mean.
I'd think that as long as the dubbed voices are loud enough, it shouldn't be that big a problem. I've seen major fandub projects before that have backing tracks just like this, and they do fine by making their voice dubs a little bit louder than the regular track.

And the possible anomalies in the musical soundtrack could be fixed by simply overlaying the music from the soundtrack album on the scene. I have a copy of the soundtrack album, I'd be willing to share it if it helps.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
If you could share the soundtrack with me that would be greatly appreciated. I gave my old computer to a friend yesterday and wiped the hard drive without backing up the files I still wanted  :bang. And my CD is lost somewhere in storage.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Justin1993,Jul 23 2011 on  11:19 AM
If you could share the soundtrack with me that would be greatly appreciated. I gave my old computer to a friend yesterday and wiped the hard drive without backing up the files I still wanted  :bang. And my CD is lost somewhere in storage.
No problem. Just PM me your email address, and I'll send you the files ASAP.