The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Considering Iago from the Aladdin Trilogy, do you see him as a hero, villain, or antihero?  

He's actually a pretty complicated character and seems to almost fit antihero definition.

He doesn't seem too loyal to Jafar, yet doesn't seem too loyal to Aladdin either.  In fact, I think his song "I'm Looking Out for Me" best sums him up in many ways.  

Akiko

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://wahyawolf.deviantart.com
Iago is one of my favorite characters of all time! I love when villains are shown to have 'shades of grey' or get a chance at redemption. I also love how they have Iago switch from bad to good without ruining his personality. Technically he is a hero in Return of Jafar but he doesn't turn into a goody two-shoes, which is one of the things I love about him. I'd absolutely consider him an antihero and I think that really shows in the Aladdin series too. He remained a loud-mouthed, short-tempered, greedy little parrot but at the end of the day he did care about his friends.