The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 3: The Curse of the Haunted Hotel

Nick22 · 8631 · 248813

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Greetings.  Is something up? I"m picking up some uncertainty and some fear." The Tourist's tardis said through the communications device.

"Yes, I came here to look at some of the mysterious goings on and then was sorta attacked by a strange creature, then I saw some others in the hotel lobby..  They don't look anything in any biology books I've read.  Is Jason there? I'd like to speak to him about this." Velma said.  She preferred using the name he usually used instead of calling him the tourist, it seemed a rather odd name.

"He's in a dragon magic lesson with Sara.  But I'll tell them and they should be in the console room by the time you are here." The Tardis said.

"I'll just get out of my car then, though it's raining here I'm already wet." Velma said.  

"No need, I'll just materialize around your car, it's safer that way." The tardis said.  

As Velma heard the sound of the tardis materializing coming from all around her she put the communications device away.  The world quickly faded as the console room faded into appearance around her.  Velma got out of her car, dripping onto the floor.  

She heard a voice and turned in the direction of it.  

"What's goin on? I was in the middle of a workout." Sam said. Why do we have to work out? I don't like working out. Ian said mentally to Sam.  Tough, I"m in charge and I say we have to work out.  We have to be ready for any fight or danger.  Strength is always useful.

Velma could tell by the gruff voice and the amber glowing eyes with slit pupils that Ian's female personality was in charge.  

"I saw some real monsters, and this earth isn't supposed to have those."

"Excellent, a fight." Sam said.   We don't have to always fight. Ian said, not to happy she was the on in charge at the time, but it was hard for to resist when she really wanted to take over his human body and she always did at workout time.

"The others are on their way." Said the pleasant sounding tardis voice.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Bulk and skull reached their room,  next to Scooby and Dixie's room. 'coool, two beds, we each get our own Bulky. too bad this place doesn't have any Tv. 'Skull, when this place was built they probably didn't even have cars yet" Bulk snapped.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Let's do it," Cynder said. "I've been practicing my singing."

"Me, too," Spyro said. He had actually thrown himself vigorously into practicing, since it was his only chance to beat Dixie and Cynder.

"I've stayed in worse places," Blackguilmon said, poking his head into Bulk and Skull's room. "There was this one time I stay in what I thought was an abandoned castle, but it turned out that it still had one resident..."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So, Whgat songs should we sing, and who should sing first?" Dixie asked.
_
Ri'll ro ret Ripetail rand rask' Scooby said, getting up and heading down to the third floor.
_
 Did it have chandelliers swaying by themselves " skull asked, throwing himself under the covers as Blackguilmon entered the room.
_ Close the door behind you man" Bulk said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"I'm good at 'Guide You Home'," Cynder said.

"I'm not sure what I want to sing," Spyro said. "Any ideas, Scooby?"

----------------------------

He reached for the door knob and abruptly, pulled his hand away and holding it in his other one. "Ow, I think that guy who attacked me hurt my hand as well as my tail. You'll have to close the door for me," he said, his acting was a little overdramatic, but he felt sure it would work on these two. "And I don't suppose you would go find me something to eat?"

Blackguilmon walked over to the bed Skull hadn't taken and leapt unto it. "It had chandeliars coming out of the floor, doors on the ceiling, pathways on the wall. It was like one of those modern art paintings."

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
The Pelvanida crew followed Shaggy into the hotel.

"Greetings sir. May I help you with anything?" Ms. Swimmer asked.

The Pelvanida crew all shook their heads.

"Mr. Bigmouth?" Deimos asked.

"Hello, Deimos, James, Zach, Strut, Rime, Yuri. It's been a while." Mr. Bigmouth said. He then turned to Shaggy. "Hey, can Ms. Swimmer and I stay with you?" he whispered. He then turned to the rest of the Pelvanida crew. "Please, take a seat."

Rime and Deimos moved nearer the desk where Nick was.

"Hey Nick, we all need a job." Dr. Zanasiu said, gesturing to each of his friends in turn.

"This place feels weird." Deimos said. "Now, I really wish I had my rifle!"

"Aww. Is the Utahraptor scared?" Rime teased.

Deimos glared at Rime. "At least I wasn't the one giving Zanasiu a peck on the cheek!"

"Guys! Cut it out!" Strut sighed.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Bulk grumbled, "alright I'll close the door for you.." he said Shutting the door.
_ Skull pulled out a drawer revealing an ancient list of eating out places.."Yeah I don't think any of these places are still here
_
Row arour "Reorgia Ron Ry Rind'?" Scooby suggested.
_ You mean Georgia on my Mind?" Dixie smiled, and she began to sing in a  clear and beuatiful soprano
"Other arms that reach out to me, other eyes smile tenderly, still in peaceful dreams I see the road leads back to you..." She stopped sfter singing that stanza, her point was made..
_
 Nani stuck her head in the door. "Wow! That was ggreat! Who was singing that?"
_ Scooby's face fell. "Row! Rixie, Rou're really rood."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We camn always use new bellboys. Apart From Nick, Clark, and Joe, we keep losing them. They disappear, or are found dead or nuts' Briggins said. "Pay is eleven an hour, you get paid once a month, at the end of the month. And you may keep any tips you make, " He waved his hands in dismissive gesture "Just follow nick's lead, and don't try to damage anything, it costs money to fix up this place.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"No fair!" Spyro frowned.

"That's right, Spyro," Cynder smirked. "You don't stand a chance. Perhaps you'd like to save yourself some embarrassment and admit defeat now?"

"It's not over yet," Spyro replied.

-----------------------------

"Well, I guess I'll just have to starve then," Blackguilmon pouted.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It was then Stripetail walked into the room. "A fine piece of singing Dixie I could hear it from my room, which is a bit of a dump.. But never mind that'
 He glanced at the four of them. "So I take you wish to resume the contest?'
 Yes." Dixie said smiling broadly.
_
Very well then,  We're tied 1-1-1, this is the 4th contest, a singing contest. Spyro, you'll go first" The wizard said. "What song would like to sing.. have you been practicing any songs?"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We'll call up the front desk, geeze" Skull said. The phone was an old-fashioned rotary phone where you turned the dial after you picked a number. "I'll ask the front desk if We can order take out.."
_
Skull we don't have the money to order take out. we've only got 16 bucks!" Bulk said.
_
We'll just have the hotel charge the squirellSkull grinned mischeviously.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sure you guys can stay with us when you're not working.." Shaggy nodded, and pulled out his wallet. " 10 people please. "200 dollars at 20 dollars per person" Briggins said. You'll all be on the 3rd floor, numbers 310,311, 312, 313 and 314." He handed the keys to Shaggy. "gentlemen, your first day starts at 6 a.m tommorow. Have a good night's sleep."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"While we're taking things out of the squirrel's pocket, what else can we get on top of food?" Blackguilmon asked, a smirk appearing on his face.

"I don't know..." Spyro said, suddenly feeling very shy.

"Go on," Cynder encouraged. "You're not going to let all those months of practice go to waste are you?"

Spyro inhaled deeply. "Okay, the song I have in mind is called Land of Light."

(OOC: Land of Light is by Freedom Call if anyone cares to look it up.)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Alright. But lets warm up your voice first. I'll have   you do an octave first/. An octave is a series a 8 notes. Do, Re MI, Fa, So, La, Ti, and Do again.  The first Do is at the bottom. Lets start low, and little by little raise your voice. Lets begin" stripetail said
(I've sung in choir for years the octave is used to warm up your voice..)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Okay," Spyro said nervously. He cleared his throat and recited the octave, raising his voice little-by-little.

-----------------------------------

"Can you see if they have some kind of expensive wine downstairs?" the digimon asked. "Aren't hotels supposed to keep that sort of thing for rich and famous guests?" He kind of doubted that this place would attract anyone who was rich and famous though.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dude, I doubt they have anything like that, these days. Maybe at the turn of the century, the 20th century" Sjkull deadpanned.
_
Good , Spyro. Whenever you're ready you may begin." Stripetail said. He could tell Spyro was a raw baritone, but that if properly trained he could be a good singer..Stripetail glanced at Cynder and Scooby. "Who wants to go after Spyro? "
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"This place seems so old, who knows what it has," the reptile shrugged.

"I will," Cynder shrugged.

Spyro gulped and began to sing. "I'm diving through an empty space where shadows flash around. An angel's voice, so close, too far. I'm reaching holy ground. A broken heart-." At this point he nervously stumbled through one or two words. "A silent lake of tears. When I cry, you can see the tears in my eyes. Like the pouring rain. With the hand on my heart, I am leaving the night. The land of the light! ... the garden of life! Remember the golden times.The land of the light! An ancient time, forgotten land I've never seen before..."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stripetail listened to the entire song. "Alright Spyro. You stumbled a little bit, but that can be attributed to nerves. You have a pleasant voice, a good voice, that can be improved with training. You have obviously worked at singing, and it has showed in your singing. If I was rating your song on a scale from 1-5 with 5 being the best. I would give it a 4. You strumbled through some words, and your voice wasn't always clear, but on the whole you sang well. You should feel proud of yourself Spyro" stripetail said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"You did great," Cynder said.

"Thanks," Spyro smiled.

"But not good enough to beat me and Dixie," Cynder added.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Could you beat him Cynder?" Stripetail raised his eyebrow. "What song will you sing? he asked her as Spyro sat down.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: