The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers 2: Survival of the Fittest

Serris · 1232 · 74850

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Don't worry , We'll just explain things by sayying. you're a recent transfer from Pelvanida and you're starting your first day tommorow' Aisha said. They'll give you a securiity card, and a short debriefingm, just keep your composure.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Hang on I've got to get it up,' hans said getting a laptop out.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Alford took a breath. "Okay and what am I supposed to do once the rest of the group get in?"

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You'll be accompanying me.. as a sort of Persional bodyguard' Aisha grinned.. "You follow me wherever I go.. I'll likely be sent to the labs .."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Ahh, that will allow us to get to the bottom of Dragonstorm." Alford said, stroking his chin. "Now, what about the others?"

----------

"Got anything Hans?" Zachary asked. Dr. Online by Zeromancer was now playing. "Ah, geez! I hate this track!"

Dr. Zanasiu switched over to the electronic dance channel. Running Man by Brain Inc. was playing. "Better?"

Zachary nodded. "Yep? Anybody need to take a break?"

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You mean DR zaniusu and the others? Well, Thats really out of my hands.."Aisha said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Oh, that could bet ugly. Hmm. Are those are the so called 'Heroes of Pelvanida' I overheard some of the scientists and guards talking about?" Alford asked, draining the rest of his water bottle.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes" Aisha said. "they helped to Uncover and Delay dragonstorm, but the program was not shut down, and if the reports of missing children are true, its been restarted .."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Yeah I'm bringing it up,' hans said loading the page and giving to to james.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dr. Zanasiu accepted the page and read over it. "Hmm. Looks like they added defensive turrets to the perimeter and upgraded the ones inside the base from .30 caliber to .50 caliber. It looks like the locks were upgraded too and the CO2 fire extinguishing system has been weaponized."

"What do you mean the 'CO2 fire extinguishing system has been weaponized'?" Zachary asked.

"That means that in the event of intruders, the CO2 fire extinguishing system can be used to suffocate them. It appears to be used in areas where gunfire would be unacceptable, like the reactor core and the labs." He then turned to Hawkeye and Kagetora. "Hawkeye, Kagetora, what do you make of this new intelligence?"

Sandstorm by Darude was now playing.

----------

One of the scientists, a thin Russian man, was working inside one of the labs. His supervising scientist, an anthro Doberman was preparing a syringe of the test nanomachines.

"Is the subject ready?" the man asked.

The head scientist nodded. "Yes. Connect the monitoring equipment and inject the nanomachines."

The man picked up the capped syringe and followed the supervisor. He entered another room where an unconscious 4 year old Human was strapped to an operating table.

The man's expression darkened. "Is this some kind of sick joke!? The subject is a child! We're not supposed to do this." He placed the syringe of nanomachines on a tray.

The head scientist  grinned. "Yes we are."

"The admin will have a few things to say about this."

"Go on, he won't care." the head scientist replied.

"The public will! And the family of that boy will be very interested to know what happened to their son." The scientist headed for the lab's exit only to find it locked. "Open the door." The door did not open. "I said open the [censored] door!"

Dr. Branston's voice, cold and sneering, came on the intercom. "So sorry, but Pelvanida is under lockdown for security reasons. We can't have our staff walking out of the complex; it's not safe."

"You bastard! I'll expose this travesty of ethics even if it kills me."

Dr. Branston's icy laugh came over the intercom. "Go on, try it."

The head scientist reached inside his labcoat and pulled out a .45 caliber pistol and aimed it at his subordinate. "I dare you to leave." He gently fingered the trigger.

The man rushed past his supervisor and tried to head to the emergency exit. Just as soon as he opened it, the supervisor shot him in the back. He tried to run, but the supervisor chased him down the hallways and shot him to death.

Dr. Branston's voice came over the head scientist's radio. "Is the threat eliminated."

The head scientist placed his pistol back in his labcoat and radioed Dr. Branston. "Yes.

"Good, continue your work on Project R-4901."

The Doberman scientist headed back to his lab.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As the Doberman injected the unfortunate child, Aisha reached the outskirts of carson City.. "Only abnpout an hour to the base.." She said. Dr Landon was taking a nap in the back..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(Sorry I've been gone for a while.  School trip.  Did I miss anything important?)

Kagetora shook his head.
"It's at best, a double-edged sword..."
He said quietly.

"If we, or any of our allies has it, it's wonderful.  But if someone out to get us has it, then it'll present a masice risk..."
Hawkeye added, looking at the page...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Looks like we're almost there." the Cobalt Soldier said, looking out the window.

Dr. Zanasiu was looking over the paper. "Hmm. It looks like the control room commands all the defensive systems. And I have a feeling that they will be hostile to us since we uncovered Dragonstorm. I don't think we can just walk in."

Zachary nodded. "Looks like we'll have to find some other way in.

Dancing Galaxy by Astral Projection was playing.

----------

Alford yawned as he awoke from his nap. "So, let me get this straight, once we get inside Pelvanida, I'm supposed to be your guard? There is only one problem, I was already inside there as a contractor; they'll be suspicious if they see someone who looks like Alford Byford but claims he's assigned to protect Aisha."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, you're going to show your contractor pass, and that you've been hired to shadow me.. me being so innocent" Aisha smirked
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"I've got an old friend of mine that owes me a favor he's a tank driver so I could get him to lend us a tank,' hans said.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Let's not get a tank unless we have absolutely no choice. Besides, we can't fit a tank inside the complex." the Cobalt Soldier replied.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Ah, we're approaching Carson City Camp!" the Cobalt Soldier said. He was looking at a large road sign that read, "Carson City Camp - 35 miles."

Zachary nodded and turned down the road. He switched the radio back to the hard rock station

At the same time the radio blared. "This is 101.3 LVHR, Las Vegas's hard rock station. Right now we have a special piece from the famous video game Halo. Now prepare yourselves for, Rock Anthem for Saving the World."

Zachary sighed. "Wow. That can't be a coincidence."

--------------

Alford looked out the window and saw a sign that read, Carson City Camp 50 miles. "We're almost there."

Mars, the Bringer of War was playing.

Alford chuckled. "How appropriate. Gustav Holst's Mars, the Bringer of War is playing. And we're going to be bringing a war to Pelvanida."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Coinicidence right. DR langston grinmned from the back seat. He had eaten most of the goodies in the cooler,  and had takjen a nap for a good portion of the trip..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku sat up, grinning faintly.
"So, looks like it's just about time we started kicking butt again, huh?"
He said, flicking his arm and drawing the familiar prototype energy sword he had taken from Pelendavia.  He had, of course modified it with some help from Hawkeye, allowing the blade to cut with much greater ease, and to draw it's power from his arm, giving it nearly-unlimited energy supplies.  He smiled, feeling the comforting weight once again...

Cale uncloaked inside the back of the truck, smiling at the group.
"Looks that way, Neku.  You two ready?"
He asked Slash and Agito, both of whom nodded.

"Always, Cale.  It's been too long since we've seen action."
Slash said, grinning as best he could on each half of his face...

Agito flipped lightly in place.
"He's right...Let's...Oh, I can't hardly wait..."
He chuckled...

Kagetora cracked his neck slightly.  
"Soon...We'll all return to the place it began..."
He said quietly, looking out the window.

Hawkeye looked at Kagetora.
"And this time...We're going to put an end to it, too."
He said, his cybernetic eye flashing red...

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"It'll be an honor to fight side by side with all of you again,' hans said.