The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What about Ruby?

Ruby2 · 24 · 4448

Andre98

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Chomperrules1993, this is also my idea XD.
Well, I really hope that we are both right

Andre98

• Ruby
    • View Profile

DaveTheAnalyzer

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://davetheanalyzer.dreamwidth.org
I do enjoy Ruby. She likes to look out for others and spread her knowledge to the group but there is a curious streak about her. I bet that’s one of the reasons she became friends with Chomper. She became drawn to him through the endearing enthusiasm he brings to fun. But I suspect he encouraged they explore new places in the Mysterious Beyond and she liked learning about the world with him. When she accompanied Chomper to the valley, I bet it was for more than the reason of looking after her friend and finding a way to defeat Redclaw. It was about exposing herself to places, peoples, and ideas she never saw before. I bet in the valley, she finds some connection in others curious about the world like Littlefoot and Mr. Thicknose.

Depending on how long she stays in the valley, I wonder if she sometimes worry if she’s actually learning anything that might lead to Redclaw’s downfall or if she’s just goofing off with her friends. Even when Redclaw’s defeated, she might be conflicted on which place to call her home. She very much wants to be back with her family but she has established such roots in the valley she doesn’t want to leave. That would be an interesting conflict to explore.

As for where movie 14 takes place and how it relates to animation - I don't put much stock in animation inconsistency and I always assumed it took place after the TV series.

(I came up with that motive stuff about Ruby's friendship with Chomper because I'm writing a story where they first bond and go to the valley. I didn't want to simplify her motives to be something like "I'm Chomper's nanny.")

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, we now know that Ruby IS in LBT 14 and that it's not a flashback we saw in the trailer ^^

Ruby is a really likeable character, very curious, friendly and funny (her speech in particular :p) I hope she will remain part of the gang together with Chomper :)
Inactive, probably forever.