The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mr.Thicknose

Saft · 22 · 4117

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Now that you mention it, there's indeed some potential lost between Thicknose and the Gang. Ruby and Chomper both most likely carried knowledge that would have been of interest to him. In the TV series he mostly treats the as a group and while his contributions are oftentimes quite nice, there could have been more depth there.

The way I see it, I would say he believed his own stories at the beginning of the eighth film. After all, he had heard the stories from someone he probably thought to be genuine and they most likely weren't ever proved to be wrong. I'm not sure whether he thought he knew everything but I'm quite positive he believed in the things he had heard and taught.

Otherwise, nice job again with this analysis.  :)

DaveTheAnalyzer

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://davetheanalyzer.dreamwidth.org
Ruby and Chomper coming to the valley must have been an interesting time for Mr. Thicknose. He might have shared everyone else’s wariness of bringing a sharptooth and fast runner youth to the valley but since the gang might have explained their reasons and if there’s hostility to the gang, he might defend them out of gratefulness for how they positively changed his life. Once he started to know Ruby and Chomper, he likely became more trusting and fond of the pair. I can see Mr. Thicknose resisting the urge to bombard Ruby and Chomper with too many questions about what they knew in order to not overwhelm them and give them some privacy.

Yeah, he probably did his best to divulge the second hand information he was sure was right and what he suspected was nonsense. After all the tough work of parsing this information which gave him the ability to make educated guesses, he didn’t take too kindly to all of that being unwittingly shaken up by Littlefoot’s penetrating inquiries.