The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Digimon games

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Did any one of you play any digimon game? I was a long-time fan of pokemon, I liked digimon too, but I did not notice for a very long time, that even digimon series has a lot of games too.

I played digimon world: Next order. If I remember well, I played more then 70 hours.  The speed of the game was slow, because digimon were ageing and dying many times, only to be reborn with slightly better skills over and over again. The game difficulty was also challenging, I died many times by slightly overestimating enemies, picking raw materials, and thus improving Floatia was also good, as well as system of improvement. I did not finish it, though.

Then Cyber Sleuth, and Cyber Sleuth: Hackers Memory. The Story was very elaborated, interesting, with many smaller quests, many digimon. The idea, that in the game, I can most time freely go either in very large number of digital worlds in the virtual reality, and then go back, and battling in some of them, is very appealing to me. It isn't walk in the park, I have to train  the digimon a little, otherwise the enemies will soon be too strong for me.
The game also is certainly not for just a few evenings, it requires a lot more time, and I even watched the story again on youtube, because these two games require concentration on the story, if I want to grasp it more, and if I forget some important details, it can very decrease the experience.
Cyber Sleuth: Hackers memory is basically the same, with a few good improvements and more digimon.

One thing, that I would love, would be, that new digimon games would include also much more elaborated communication with own digimon, option to play with them, make them better friends, even play as them, or something that sort of thing. Pokemon Y, and Ultra Moon, and even Pokemon Let's Go included some of these things, and I am sure, that these things nowadays are very feasible, unlike 10-15 years ago.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 10:09:21 PM by Compsognathus »