The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Video Game soundtrack websites

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just wanted to point out a few resources for video game music/soundtracks.

1) The Video Game Music Archive - Contains a huge collection of MIDI tracks by fans, for fans, spanning the entire history of gaming.

2) Overclocked Remix - The home of usermade re-arrangements (mp3 format) of video game tracks.  Everything from remasters to complete overhauls can be found here.

3) KH Insider - Thanks to Petrie - Huge database of mp3 tracks ripped straight from various video games.

4) Piano Themes - This site contains a small collection of Piano arrangements of video game themes, as well as some movie themes.  Guess what film made it to this site? :D  :D

5) http://www.ninsheetmusic.net/index.php - Submitted by Flathead770 - Piano sheet music for a decent variety of video games.  Requires Finale Notepad (Free) to open the .mus files which are downloadable from the site.

6) Galbadia Hotel - Submitted by Manny Cav - Piano scores, MP3s and MIDIs from various video games.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
THANK YOU MUSIC MASTER!!!!!!! (I wish we had a worship smilie like on DeviantArt.com)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
THANK YOU MUSIC MASTER!!!!!!!
You're welcome!  We had something like this floating around somewhere but it seems to have disappered so I thought I'd repost it. B)
Music master?  Looks like I'd better get back to studying if I need to hold up a title like that! :P:

(I wish we had a worship smilie like on DeviantArt.com)
I'll put it on the GoF to-do list. :lol

If anyone has anything to add to this website list, you're more than welcome to throw it up here! :yes

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have a site. Though just recentley its starting to do music from movies, it used to be only video games, specifically nintendo games. Heres the Link:
http://www.ninsheetmusic.net/index.php
You need finale notepad installed to be able to open the sheet music, theres a link somewhere on the site to download it.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I wonder how many others here already had Finale NotePad. :lol:  :lol

Nice one, Flathead! I'll add it above. B)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ninsheetmusic was one of the reasons why i actually tried to get back into playing the piano, but it never lasted long. My Bass Guitar took its place, especially since im getting some free lessons from my friend.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
You forgot one of my favorites, action9000 -- Galbadia Hotel. I stop by for their large video game music collection (the majority of which seem to be MP3 rips straight from the games), but the site also has quite a bit more than that.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks, Manny. B)
I added it to the list above.

Hmm...here's something odd...
Seems Galbadia is using MIDIs without getting permission first. <_<
I have found a few MIDIs that I have sequenced, up on this site...yesI have never heard of this site before.  Very odd...

This wouldn't bother me except for the fact that some of my older MIDIs aren't too good and I'm not proud enough of them to have them circulating around.  Thankfully, the e-mail address attached to the MIDIs is no longer valid!  I haven't had that e-mail for years :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
An interesting list, many songs to listen to and have fun with, thanks.  It may bring back the memory of playing the games and having fun with the game or watching others play.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Dec 17 2007 on  09:10 AM
Thanks, Manny. B)
I added it to the list above.

Hmm...here's something odd...
Seems Galbadia is using MIDIs without getting permission first. <_<
I have found a few MIDIs that I have sequenced, up on this site...yesI have never heard of this site before.  Very odd...

This wouldn't bother me except for the fact that some of my older MIDIs aren't too good and I'm not proud enough of them to have them circulating around.  Thankfully, the e-mail address attached to the MIDIs is no longer valid!  I haven't had that e-mail for years :p
Very odd. The site itself reminded me quite a lot of KH Insider. I heard that you have a few submissions on http://www.vgmusic.com/, so mabey they were took from there.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
mabey they were took from there.
They must have been.  That is the only place I have submitted my vg MIDI work.  That means that this site probably doesn't have much content that VGMusic.com doesn't.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
KHInsider is one of my favorites for unreleased or near impossible to find stuff. :)

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
I found a small one I use frequently: sound-test.org