The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

About the latest version of the game

action9000 · 945 · 77041

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Success! :D

We just finished our very first successful test run of multiplayer with the LBT RPG!! :D :D

Special thanks to DarkWolf91 and raga for testing this with me! :D

And of course, the screenshot to prove it: ;)

As for the report:

The network was very reliable with no problems whatsoever. :)

The second line of chat still doesn't work properly.

The host can see all players.  Those who joined can only see themselves and the host.

Request to put all human players on the fullscreen map.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Haha, I love how darkwolf is way of in the distance, but i'm hugging close by, afraid to travell on my own

edit: ur chat box dosen't get cutoff?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
edit: ur chat box dosen't get cutoff?
I'm trying to figure out why the chatbox gets cutoff in 1024x768 resolution.  In 1680x1050 (my resolution) it looks like my screenshot.

You're right though, I have to look into that, too.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Oh yeeeah, I remember that! I was over by Petrie's mom, doing my quest :p

And yeah, my chatbox gets slightly cut off on the left, too.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
And yeah, my chatbox gets slightly cut off on the left, too.
Okay hmm...I honestly don't know why, because it should line up with the left side of your screen but I'll look into that!

That that to me too in some resolutions.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
wow, everytime I open my mouth I seem to dump more onto ur work load.  srry bout that

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
wow, everytime I open my mouth I seem to dump more onto ur work load. srry bout that
Hey, not a problem. ;) Every time I look at the code or the game, I find more work to do so hey, I'm used to it. :p

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey, I've been messing around with a flying ability just now.  I've got something working pretty good and hopefully I'll have a v0.19 available to everyone shortly.  I would like to get some other new content in v0.19 before I release it so bear with me.  

Here's a screenshot to take a look at the new Flight system.  All the technical data on the left will also be possible to show or hide by pressing a key now.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
cool, is it flyer only already or can any kind of cube do it for now

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
cool, is it flyer only already or can any kind of cube do it for now
At this moment, any cube can do it but I'll have it changed very soon so that only the flyer can do it.

[EDIT] Fixed now so only the flyer can fly. :)

NaNaNa

• Spike
    • View Profile
lots of progress makes for lots of optimism, keep it up

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just working on fixing a bug where if there are more than 2 players in a game, not everyone can see everyone else.

NaNaNa

• Spike
    • View Profile
I dont really get all these new updates though. When I unzip the downloads, they're just images and files to me. Is there some really early version I need or something?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Is there some really early version I need or something?
Nope, there should be a file in the zip called LBT RPG, or, depending on your computer setup, LBT RPG.exe

Run that file to play the game.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey everyone, time for a new release! :D
LBT RPG v0.19

New stuff in this version:

1) Flyers are now able to fly using the F key and the Spacebar!  See the instructions for details on how to fly.  Note that you must pick a flyer in order to be able to fly. :p
Something I forgot to mention in the instructions:  Fly mode is automatically turned off when you touch the ground or the water.

2) Multiplayer is now stable and functional! Recent bug fixes include:
- Reduced the amount of data sent over the network.
- All players are now able to see all other players in the game (fixed since our test, Darkwolf and raga).
- When a player leaves the game, their cube will disppear properly for all players and that player slot will be opened up for anyone else to fill it.

Tested on my home network with 6 connections and was perfectly stable and functional.  Should in theory be stable up to hundreds of players
There are still some bugs with the text chatting (it's functional but a bit..quirky :p) but everything else should be working beautifully now.

3) You can show or hide a bunch of technical, nerdy text on the left side of the screen by pressing CTRL+B (it has to be the left CTRL key :p).

Since the next release will be v0.20, I will attempt to get a bunch of new stuff in it to make it a memorable release!

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Aaaaah, I walked on top of the mountain! That was soooo cool! Oh, I had an idea. Stop me if you already thought of this, but I think it would be neat if you set up a system were you could toggle glide on and off. Like, you could maintain a roughly constant vertical position (with slight descent of course) while retaining freedom in horizontal movement. Just a thought! This is so awesome!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Looking great! Just a question though. How high will you actually be able to fly when the game is finished? Will there just be an invisible wall or will it be based on your Stamina? Cause i'm pretty sure you don't want this happening in the game  :lol

I guess i should take the multilayer out for a spin as well. I need to get Hamachi again. Could someone PM the network that we're using please?