The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

About the latest version of the game

action9000 · 945 · 76868

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I wasn't. I'll try it now. Thanks for the tip!

EDIT: Agreed, when right-clicking I got to the dialogue boxes perfectly. I ran into two problems though...

1) Occasionally, the "Goodbye" button is missing from the chat box, meaning I have no way to stop talking to the NPC except pressing the Escape button. Since there is the Escape button, this problem is avoidable.

2) This one was a little weirder. :blink:  I'll explain everything I did, 'cause I don't why this happened.

The first time I ever logged on as Ducky, I tried to talk to who I now know to be Mr. Clubtail. After failing, I quit.

This time, to be safe, I logged in as Cera and headed straight for Mr. Threehorn. I didn't even notice whether Mr. Clubtail was in his spot or not. I chatted, it wokred fine, I went back to the main menu.

I logged back in as Ducky. I decided to talk to every NPC to see who everyone was. In order, I met Buzz Conedrin, Mama Flyer, Mama Swimmer, Grandpa Longneck, and skipped Mr. Threehorn. But I was sure there was one more. Hadn't there been a cube straight ahead of the hill where you begin the game?

I checked the map, and found it indeed said there was somebody there. I moved until I overlapped with the green dot on the map. Mr. Clubtail had disappeared!

I logged out and then logged in as Spike. Mr. Clubtail was back. I never knew why he was missing that one time.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I gave it a whirl and it seems to work fine.

Erm, don't take this as an insult but, Mr. Threehorn looks rather...stoned. I expected him to have a stern expression.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe he's been eating some leaves that help you to feel different and more relaxed.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Mr. Clubtail had disappeared!
This bug has actually been fixed and the changes will be in v0.21.  Great to have you back, LB&T! :D  Lots of new stuff coming for .21 including our first sounds! :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Or Threehorn grumbling or cussing in nonsense words?

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Ahhh, a new update head somewhere in the future?  Can't wait.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well I tried downloading the demo but when I clicked on the link I was told it was deleted, wonder how this happened   :oops

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Belmont2500,Aug 5 2009 on  09:06 AM
Well I tried downloading the demo but when I clicked on the link I was told it was deleted, wonder how this happened   :oops
I'm working on arrangements to host the game on landbeforetimelover's server permanently but I haven't got the okay yet that it's fine with him to grab that much of (potentially many GB) his storage space and bandwidth. :p

Anyway, here is a temporary link to v0.20 (before the mentioned bugfixes).  v0.21 will have all of the fixes that I mentioned after v0.20 was originally posted, as well as a bunch of new stuff! :)

http://www.2shared.com/file/7050002/c8a1ef...T_RPG_v020.html

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
yeah I do to to bad I can never try it since this other site enjoys sending me to random sites whenever I try to download the game  :lol

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The download link is really tiny.  It's near the bottom right corner of the rounded blue box in small text.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
no worries I finally downloaded the game and got it working and its pretty awesome I can't wait until you put in the character animations and NPC skins and I think you need to work a bit on the faces especilly Littlefoot's(longneck) he looks shocked with those big eyes  :lol I like that you can go into the background but it might be better to have a barrier keeping you from doing so. anyhow I really liked it.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I like that you can go into the background but it might be better to have a barrier keeping you from doing so.
There is actually a reason there is no barrier.  This is because this map is going to connect to other maps seamlessly in the near future and I don't want to put up barriers for a demo version just to have to take them down again.

Eventually there will be no need for invisible walls or anything like that because the maps will be designed to be wide-open.  If an area looks like it can be accessed, there is probably some way to. As for the map going into the open ocean, players will be able to travel into the ocean *but* because of limitations on stamina and breathing, the player will never be able to travel far enough to get to any boundaries or barriers.  That will let us keep the size of the world beyond the borders of the game under control without needing to use invisible walls.  If a player is crazy enough to swim out into the open ocean, I won't stop them but they will probably die. :p

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
oh that will be cool but you should work on LF's face mainly the eyes they make him look like he has a cartoon expression.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'm frankly surprised they look as good as they do. Did you make them, action, or was it some of those people I vaguely recall who claimed they'd do it?

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well yeah, not yet. It takes time to render things well.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Has anybody started doing animations for existing models yet? :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Razzie made the models, and if I'm not mistaken there are a couple of people who would like to animate, but they didn't start on it yet because there's a huge thing to it.

Littlefoot only doesn't look like littlefoot because his mouth is wideopen and his eyes are a bit too big, I guess both can be fixed :)