The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

About the latest version of the game

action9000 · 945 · 75348

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I like it, but I'm never around when others are playing, so I can't test he multiplayer. Does anyone have a time in the future they plan on being logged in to the RPG, and an IP address for me to type in?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Aug 12 2009 on  12:52 AM
I like it, but I'm never around when others are playing, so I can't test he multiplayer. Does anyone have a time in the future they plan on being logged in to the RPG, and an IP address for me to type in?
Sure. We'd just have to plan forward on gof :)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i know we had a network on Hamachi that was used for testing the multiplayer out. It makes it way easier for getting IP addresses and such. Anyways, I'm up for testing some multiplayer. Maybe we can see how many people we can get into one game.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,Aug 12 2009 on  09:52 AM
i know we had a network on Hamachi that was used for testing the multiplayer out. It makes it way easier for getting IP addresses and such. Anyways, I'm up for testing some multiplayer. Maybe we can see how many people we can get into one game.
Sure we could... Maybe create a new topic for it and do so in the weekend(when more members have time) We'd have to make a universal time that works for both europeans and americans... Meaning somewhere in the morning for the americans and the evening for us, europeans. Do you want to create a topic to keep everything nice and organised?(otherwise I'll do so :p )

Edit: Since I think you went off to bed I'll make one ;)

Guido

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LBT.de.nr
Hi , war long nicht mer hier ^^. Action 9000 good works fore The RPG Game . Sorry nicht so good englisch ^^. Wen gibt es mal wieder ein Miusik Projekt zum Singen. H‰tte mal wieder lust drauf. Achso hoffe wier sehen uns mal Malte ist schon lange her . Wo wir geschrieben haben habe dich nicht vergessen ^^ . Schreibe dir demn‰chst mal ne E mail kannst du mir auch schreiben wenn du zeit hast. Gibt bestimmt einieges zu Erz‰hlen untereinander gru? Marcel. Und nart¸rlich auch All LBT Fans  :lol

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I think I could test multiplayer minus the fact I don't know any IP adresses.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It may be easier for some to test the multiplayer if they are a type of team and 1 uses their isp address if such a thing is needed.  & they'd need a way to tell the others when the game is up and running, or do a standard time frame when it is.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm just putting it out there, as it's just an idea that came to me. There are several sites that let you download and use 3d models royalty free (as long as they arn't used commercially). Models like trees and grass could be used to make a great valley. Or they could be used temporarily until we can get some original material for the game. Or if ya'll want the game to be 100% original, that's cool. I'm just putting it out there. (And, if anyone wants to have a look at these sites, please use your discretion, as there is some [artistic] nudity on some sites.)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I actually am looking at a nice, cheap application to make our in-game trees.  It's a little bit of money but the results will be outstanding, I'm thinking! :o  :D

http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=tree_party

As for rocks, flowers, etc.
http://www.aliencodec.com/product_plantlife.php

This is what we'll probably do.  It seems like an easier solution than trying to get some poor soul to model all this stuff for us.

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yeah, both of those look absolutly awesome. Would make the game look great. Little expesnive though.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey everyone!

I've been trying to design a layout for all the interface stuff that will exist in the game so I know what the heck I'm doing next. :p

You might wanna check this out: I drew up an image in photoshop of what our interface layout could look like.  Our final images for all these windows and things are not yet drawn up so these are just placeholders, but I thought I'd share this design with everyone to get some feedback! :D

Yes, this is photoshopped; the game doesn't have all this stuff in it quite yet.  I wanted to get an idea of what I'm doing before I actually go and program it.

I won't put the image right here in the post because it is 1680x1050 resolution and you will need to view it at basically full size in order to be able to read everything.  You can view the image here:
http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af74/lb...-GUI-Layout.jpg

What do you think, does this look reasonable? :)

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Haha, a Great Valley minimap.

I love it. Great job, you covered everything, I think. ;)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Aug 16 2009 on  12:28 AM
Agreed. You know how to make all those things?
After looking at some of the other stuff he did, I'm convinced Tim can walk on water and heal the sick and cure the blind.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
looking great, but are you still going to keep the portrait and health/ level of target? (like in WoW)?

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile