The Land Before Time > General Land Before Time

Who knows you watch LBT? Do you watch it alone?

(1/22) > >>

landbeforetimelover:
There seems to be a certain age at which you are "supposed" to stop watching these things.  My parents do not think it's normal that I still watch LBT.  They think that at the age of 15, you should be over stuff like that.  Not even one of my friends know that I like it.  It seems that society has made a certain age limit to a movie and if you do not fall into that age limit but you still watch it, you are considered to be wierd or immature.  I find that it is normal to like LBT at any age.  I usually watch it whenever I get the chance.  I have all of the lbt movies on my ipod and I sometimes watch them on the bus when no one is paying attention.  I would be horribly embarrassed if a kid at school got a hold of my ipod and found LBT videos on it.  I don't know why I would be embarresed.  I only watch LBT on the computer at home because I can encrypt the videos so no one knows I have them.  I bought all of the dvd's and ripped them onto the computer.  Then I threw the origional dvd's away.  Why are we so ashamed to like these video's?  Why are we so concerned with others opinion?  Why do people like to degrade others who still like LBT when they are past the age of 11?  My actions and reactions are illogical when my life involves LBT and others.  Where is the logic in embarressment and why do these movies make us embarressed?  It seems to me from all of the previous responses that we typically watch LBT when we are alone.  Is it truly because we can't find anyone to watch it with or is it because we are so afraid of becoming embarressed and what other people think?

Ratiasu:
My parents and brother know I watch The Land Before Time series, but no one else - I don't have any friends, see. As for watching it alone, yep, unless I force my dad to watch a movie, which hasn't happened in...a few years. I remember trying to watch all of the movies in one day - I only got up to #5 before I wanted to do something else.

landbeforetimelover:
No friends?  That's sad.  Well you have or will soon have friends here.  How old are you?  When did you first begin to like LBT?  Do you have all of the movies?

Ratiasu:

--- Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Apr 19 2007 on  08:58 PM --- No friends?  That's sad.  Well you have or will soon have friends here.  How old are you?  When did you first begin to like LBT?  Do you have all of the movies?
--- End quote ---
I am 17 years old. I began to like LBT around 1997 or so - I don't quite remember, but I was really young, young enough to be able to crawl through a cat door. As for all the movies, no. I only bought the movies up until number seven - everything after that didn't interest me much, sad to say.

novaflare:

--- Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Apr 19 2007 on  09:24 PM --- There seems to be a certain age at which you are "supposed" to stop watching these things.  My parents do not think it's normal that I still watch LBT.  They think that at the age of 15, you should be over stuff like that.  Not even one of my friends know that I like it.  It seems that society has made a certain age limit to a movie and if you do not fall into that age limit but you still watch it, you are considered to be wierd or immature.  I find that it is normal to like LBT at any age.  I usually watch it whenever I get the chance.  I have all of the lbt movies on my ipod and I sometimes watch them on the bus when no one is paying attention.  I would be horribly embarrassed if a kid at school got a hold of my ipod and found LBT videos on it.  I don't know why I would be embarresed.  I only watch LBT on the computer at home because I can encrypt the videos so no one knows I have them.  I bought all of the dvd's and ripped them onto the computer.  Then I threw the origional dvd's away.  Why are we so ashamed to like these video's?  Why are we so concerned with others opinion?  Why do people like to degrade others who still like LBT when they are past the age of 11?  My actions and reactions are illogical when my life involves LBT and others.  Where is the logic in embarressment and why do these movies make us embarressed?  It seems to me from all of the previous responses that we typically watch LBT when we are alone.  Is it truly because we can't find anyone to watch it with or is it because we are so afraid of becoming embarressed and what other people think?
--- End quote ---
I never really hid the fact i watch them. I got em all on ither dvd or vhs that i put on dvd. I watch the series every time its new some times in the reruns as well. Now the same is also true of me and all animation. Ive watched arious land before times then poped in my reviewers cut (and yes its legally mine a friend gave me it when he was done with it ) of finale fantasy spirits with in or blood the little vampire or vampire hunter d.

So for me while lbt is my fave animated film its not the only animation film im a fan of nor the only style of animation. I like those triaminic thing strips comercials. A very simple style of animation but very cool it its simplistic nature. In a way telling a tory with that style of simple animation is more difficult than movies like lbt.

I think its up to us when we hae kids to teach them theres no shame what o ever about enjoying animated films and shows. If the story is good and is a deeply involing one whats not to like"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version