The Land Before Time > Character Discussion

Songs that fit the characters

(1/7) > >>

Allicloud:
This was something I touched on while on my way to work today. I was listening to a bunch of songs on my ipod, and I started thinking, what songs that I know would describe each character in LBT? That aren't related to LBT already?

Here are the ones I got so far:

Spike- What a Wonderful World, by Louis Armstrong. This is for 2 big reasons. First of all, the lyrics of the song basically reflect Spike's worldview, where everything is pleasant and pretty, days are relaxed, and life is generally good. The other reason is a bit more obvious: Spike sounds just like Louis Armstrong.

Littlefoot- Who Says You Can't Go Home, by Bon Jovi. This is another favourite of mine, and it reflects a real mood for adventure and travel, going off on great journeys. But it also muses on how no matter where the vocalist ends up, his home is always the same. Here are a few lyrics that really matched his personality:

"Every step I take,
I know that I'm not alone
You take the home from the boy,
but not the boy from his home."

"Who says you can't go home?
There's only one place where they call me one of their own,
Just a hometown boy, born a rolling stone."

Cera- Strange Things, by Randy Newman. This song is basically about a secure and confident protagonist becoming challenged by a flashy newcomer (Part of the soundtrack for Toy Story). It basically reflects her feelings towards any newcomer, be it Mo, Ali or Tricia. She always becomes jealous and insecure when someone new steals the spotlight from her.

LBTDiclonius:
Eh, why not?

Littlefoot - My Immortal by Evanescence. It really seems to fit him, in the first movie at least. How he can't let the memory of his mother go and how it kind of "haunts" him in the back of his mind and always keeps coming back to him. It's also pretty gloomy, like the atmosphere of the first movie.

Yeah, I had one for Cera but then I lost it. :p

trulyfantasticme:
Pieces-Sum 41 fits Pterano perfectly. Read the lyrics below and it'll explain everything.

I tried to be perfect
But nothing was worth it
I don't believe it makes me real
I thought it'd be easy
But no one believes me
I meant all the things I said

If you believe it's in my soul
I'd say all the words that I know
Just to see if it would show
That I'm trying to let you know
That I'm better off on my own

This place is so empty
My thoughts are so tempting
I don't know how it got so bad
Sometimes it's so crazy
That nothing can save me
But it's the only thing that I have

On my own

I tried to be perfect
It just wasn't worth it
Nothing could ever be so wrong
It's hard to believe me
It never gets easy
I guess I knew that all along

If Pterano wrote a song, it would be quite similar to this, don't you think? :lol

Here's the song if ya wanna hear it. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&...fGkC9rmrwUVYEIw
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&...fGkC9rmrwUVYEIw

It's funny, there's a Pterano tribute with this song as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvPoFV6Q1BA

Petrie85:
Yeah I can see that song fitting him very well.

LBTDiclonius:
Cera - The Best Damn Thing by Avril Lavigne.  Yayz! I got it back. So, I was just listening to the song and then I realized, "Hey, this fits Cera pretty well." I got into the lyrics and realized, yeah, it fits. The reason I think it does is because she's always talking about how she'll be able to do things so much better than they others and how she isn't scared of anything. Basically, she's herself, and she's saying that she's the best.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version