The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart Prompt Challenge Discussion

Ducky123 · 455 · 55874

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Figured I'd give another quick reminder that there's only a few more days before the deadline for the Crossover prompt. I know that @RainbowFaceProtege and @StardustSoldier , both of you are looking to participate in this. How's it coming along?

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Figured I'd give another quick reminder that there's only a few more days before the deadline for the Crossover prompt. I know that @RainbowFaceProtege and @StardustSoldier , both of you are looking to participate in this. How's it coming along?
I worked on it today. Three days to get it done should be plenty! :)petrie

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
@Flathead770: I'm sorry to make this request again, but could I have an extension please? Just to May 7th or 8th would be fine. I had wanted to get my drawing done sooner, but the past few weeks were rather stressful.

I will make an effort to start my next prompt sooner.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I can probably give you a week extension, yeah. Trying to cut back on over extending deadlines so don't want to go beyond that.  ;)Cera

Good luck!  :chompysmile

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay, I finally finished my entry for this prompt. Who do I send the link to so I can be added to the masterlist/voting?

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh! You just need to specify which drawing is for your prompt on the post itself (so you can't retroactively use older drawings as a submission). I generally check the fanart section frequently so I'll catch it and add it to the list!

If that feels to sketchy then you can always send me a PM or something to let me know :p
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 12:33:01 AM by Flathead770 »

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay @Flathead770 thanks for clarifying!
If it's alright, though, I now have a new question. :thinking Last night when I submitted my picture, I was in too much of a hurry to make the deadline to notice you'd already extended the deadline for StardustSoldier. Now that I realize the prompts won't be judged until a week into May, would it be okay if I added more to my picture? I hadn't gotten to complete my original plan for it, which involved a background that I ended up not having enough time for. Let me know if continuing to draw until Stardust is finished would be okay!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well we ended up dropping the voting part of it and it's now just for participation. But yeah, if you want to add a background to it that would be fine. May 7 is the current extended deadline and won't go passed that. The fanart prompts have a history of deadline extensions (and I will admit I was late a good amount of times myself) but I'm trying to slowly reel that back to follow the schedule better :p

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh, okay. Voting or not, I would've been in for the participation points alone to begin with. :^^spike Thanks for the quick response, I'll have a new and improved pic by May 7! :Mo

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, participation was low and the idea was brought up that choosing what art is the best (even if it was stated to be based on creativity and not technical skill) was a deterrent for people joining in. Could be a coincidence but there has been more activity with the prompts since we dropped it.

Looking forward to your updated drawing then!  :)littlefoot

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, participation was low and the idea was brought up that choosing what art is the best (even if it was stated to be based on creativity and not technical skill) was a deterrent for people joining in.
Hm, that's kind of surprising to me. :olittlefoot I don't know what makes it different than the fanfiction vote myself...guess the fanfic people must not mind it as much somehow.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Whoops, forgot to mention that the new fanart prompt is now up!

May/June: Comic: Create a short comic/graphic novel strip to depict a scene or short story, whether it's your own re-imagining from the movies, a part from a fanfic (make sure to get permission first), or your own custom story! (within the LBT universe of course   ;) )

This one could potentially be a lot of work, but it's something that I've wanted to try out for a while now. Might be a good idea to keep each individual frame more on the simple side to make things easier. I might also recommend starting early and with a rough storyboard to plan things out. I'm looking forward to seeing what people can come up with!  :chompysmile

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
whoa.  :olittlefoot
THAT is interesting.

questions:
1) how many comic frames and pages should be?
2) Does scene, pictured in comic, should be completed (well, beginning and its logial conclusion before next scene starts), or it can be ended in the middle of action?
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I would say as many as you want to tell whatever story you're doing, but I think there will need to be at least a few frames, otherwise it would just be a regular drawing. Don't need to go overboard though. If someone wants they could potentially end it on a cliffhanger and do a "To Be Continued" type of thing, which could be neat.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think at least a page with at least 4 panels is what I'd consider the minimum to consider it a comic.

At least I know that Mangas usually don't go below 4 panels per page unless it's some specific detail-rich scene or whatever :P
Inactive, probably forever.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't think that should be a hard requirement. Most comics I read in the newspaper for example tend to have 3 panels, which works well enough.

Excited to see what everyone will come up with!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It all depends on what you want to go for. If you want to go for a more newspaper comic strip style then by all means go for it! Something like this would be acceptable in my opinion.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I've been absent for a couple of days getting caught up on my various projects, and now that I come back here, you guys shove something else at me that I can't resist adding to my plate! :lol I've actually made LBT comics before, but my artistic skills at that point in my life were, say, still developing. :p That being said, I'd love to take another shot at it now! :)petrie

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Good to see you're interested in joining in on this one as well Rainbow! No need to feel too rushed however as you do have around 2 months to finish it.