The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Worst Movie Ever!

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
what about that one War Of The Worlds film that stared C.Thomas Howell and Jake Busey that is by far the worst novel based movie out there even over Twilight.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Dude, the Farenheit 451 movie takes the cake for "Worst film based on a book". It's just stupid.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I feel that this thread needs an xkcd to help show, objectively, the WORST MOVIE EVER!!!!

Plan 9 From Outer Space was horrible, but it was meant to be horrible, so it comes out funny.

Manos: The Hands of Fate was also horrible, but it wasn't meant to be horrible. And you know what that means? MST3K the be-jeebies out of that bad boy.

However, the Star Wars Holiday Special should have been used by the Bush Administration instead of water-boarding. I watched it solely for the nerd cred, but it wasn't worth it. I can see why George Lucas wants to erase that blasphemy against entertainment from the universe.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
and what about Gus Van Sant's remake of Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho, all GVS did was copy the original film and make it go by faster,also,  Vince Vaugn as Norman Bates,you've gotta be kidding me, good actor but he dosen't fit the part.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I watched one of the Nostalgia Critic's videos earlier today and it seems he'd vote for North being the worst movie.  I never heard of the movie till I watched his video.  

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've seen the movie Twilight and ugh, that was just stupid.....so pathetic.

That movie along with Borat.

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
I like bad movies, I'm a fan of so-called "Trash Movies". :lol:

But there are some movies that I really disliked... these movies were only a waste of time. <_<

Wargames: The Dead Code (stupid storyline)
Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan :slap (worst storyline ever and there weren't any splatter scenes!! Maybe these scenes were cut off the movie, because horror and splatter movies in Germany are often censored, if they are shown in TV)

Hm... I guess that's all! Anyway, there are some trash movies I really enjoyed, like "Alien Arsenal", "Microscopic Boy (very unknown movie which was never released on any video or DVD), and "Decampitated"!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The Star wars Holiday special was the product of oversaturationg  Star wars in the late 70s.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've seen the star wars holiday special.  It's even on youtube for those curious.  One of those things that I wish mst3k had done.   I guess the George Lucas folks don't care that it is on youtube.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Jan 13 2010 on  11:20 AM
I've seen the star wars holiday special.  It's even on youtube for those curious.  One of those things that I wish mst3k had done.   I guess the George Lucas folks don't care that it is on youtube.
Why should they when it's so bad they can't get anything out of it even if they DIDN'T try.  Seriously, you just CAN'T make any money off this movie.  It doesn't matter if they removed it from YouTube or not.  It just wouldn't help them.

Truthfully, I think it's best George Lucas thinks it NEVER happened.  It really is that bad.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Needless to say I have heard that he has said it is not canon.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
You want terrible movie? Here's a couple:

Rumor Has It - With Jennifer Aniston. God awful! It sucks badly!

Master of Disguise - Whoever made this film should be shot

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Master of Disguise starred the otherwise very funny Dana Carvey. Hes most well known for the Church Lady and Wayne world from Saturday Night Live, but every career includes a some clunker, and this was Carvey's.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
*the following may contain spoilers*

Knowing - Okay, this was good to start off with, it was going so well, then in the end, it ran out of ideas and decided to say "Screw it, lets end this movies with aliens" yes, aliens were more or less responsible in the end, which killed the movie for me.  If it weren't for the whole alien ordeal in the end, it would've been good.....

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
I forgot one movie!!!

A very very very bad movie is "Voodoo Lagoon". The whole movie... oh god. I can't describe it. xD EVERYTHING was bad! So I'll tell you the good things about this bad movie:

The mystic music had a good atmosphere, it fits in a few scenes.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
I'm probably going to get a ton of hate for this but...

Dreamworks' Movies- Alright, for those who have read my posts on the How to Train Your Dragon topic, you may get the feeling that I have a strong hatred for their movies. Now before everyone starts pointing fingers and calling me a "Pixar fanboy"(And for the record, I don't think that every Pixar movie is the bee's knees of animation), let me explain why it is I don't like them. One reason is because it doesn't even seem like they try with their movies. As both an artist and writer, it disgusts me to see such horrible movies make so much money... they put zero effort into telling a story or developing their characters and rely too heavily on jokes. There are  animated movies that are far superior that haven't even come close to what Dreamworks films make (Princess and the Frog, Ponyo, Spirited Away, Fantastic Mr. Fox which I haven't seen but looks pretty good) so why do these movies make so much?

Another thing that bothers me about them is how they treat their audience like they don't have a brain in their heads. One such example, in the HtTYD trailers, they actually had to TELL us the moral of the story (Hiccup:"Everything we knew about you guys...is wrong."). Yeah I seriously doubt I could have figured THAT one out on my own[/Obvious sarcasm is obvious]. In addition, the jokes are just   :slap  worthy. Poopoo jokes and pop culture references are only funny for so long before they start to lose their humor. I should know as I'm someone who finds that kind of humor funny. Yet even I tire of hearing the same joke over and over. I'm still expecting there to be a scene in HtTYD where the viking and the dragon start dancing to Crank Dat Soldja Boi(wait, that'll probably be on the DVD). We already have the toilet humor(The dragon puking on the viking and the viking eating whatever the dragon puked up) so now we just need the dance number.

Now despite my undying hatred for Dreamworks, I do have one positive thing to say about them. The backgrounds in their movies usually look really great. Unfortunately, this is also a downside. While the backgrounds are indeed nice, the characters usually look horrible which brings down the quality in the backgrounds. The characters stand out TOO MUCH! A character should be able to blend in with its surroundings, making it look like their world might just be out there somewhere. This is not the case for these movies. The backgrounds look too realistic and the characters too cartoony. I'm not saying a cartoony style is bad but if the backgrounds are going to look real yet the characters not then yes, it is a bad thing.

Finally what I can't stand about them, although not as big a deal as the others, is that STUPID smirk all the characters have on their posters! You know http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3472/339896..._05527c04b1.jpg  . Really makes them look cocky and unlikeable.

Now I did like Shrek 1 and 2. I thought they were Dreamworks only good movies. I saw the trailer for Kung Fu Panda back in '08 and it didn't look at all promising. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe someday I'll decide to give it a try.

And finally, the movie I consider the worst ever. So bad that it toppled Meet the Spartans from the number 1 spot on my worst movies ever list is...

BA DA BUM BUM BUM BUUMMMMMM!!!!

Dragonball Evolution- As much as I don't like Dreamworks, nothing can topple this cinematic excretement in terribleness. I never wish this on anyone or anything but this is one movie that I wish didn't exist. I don't even think I can describe how bad it is. I mean, there are movies out there that are bad and that you can explain just why they're bad and there are movies like this. Movies so bad that you just have to see it to believe it. I just hate this movie so much. If Uwe Boll, The Asylum, Uli Lommel and Ed Wood's zombie made a movie together, it would still be better than DBE.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Hmm...  I have seen a bunch of bad movies, as much as I have seen good ones.  But the absolute worst?  That's kind of tough to think about...  I can definitely say most Roland Emmerich(2012, Godzilla, 10,000BC, etc.) movies wind up on my list, along with Michael Bay(Transformers, Pearl Harbor, Friday the 13th remake).  As well as Uwe ToiletBoll(though Postal was freaking funny).

Dracula 3000 was a freaking terrible movie, indescribably terrible, and I don't think I'd want anybody else watching it.  I might as well just spoil everything about this movie, even though there isn't really much to spoil.  The movie doesn't even have a proper ending, it just...  STOPS.  A spaceship blows up and that's it!  And all they had was a guy in a generic Vampire costume.  There's also a guy in a wheelchair...  In the year 3000!  I'd probably wind up giving an entire Nostalgia Critic-esque rant on it, but then I'd be typing all day.  XD

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Animeboye,Jan 16 2010 on  03:05 PM
Dragonball Evolution- As much as I don't like Dreamworks, nothing can topple this cinematic excretement in terribleness. I never wish this on anyone or anything but this is one movie that I wish didn't exist. I don't even think I can describe how bad it is. I mean, there are movies out there that are bad and that you can explain just why they're bad and there are movies like this. Movies so bad that you just have to see it to believe it. I just hate this movie so much. If Uwe Boll, The Asylum, Uli Lommel and Ed Wood's zombie made a movie together, it would still be better than DBE.
Oh yeah, I forgot all about the terrible movie.....giving DBZ a bad name and what not.....ugh.....

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Quote from: MrDrake,Jan 17 2010 on  05:33 PM
Quote from: Animeboye,Jan 16 2010 on  03:05 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot all about the terrible movie.....giving DBZ a bad name and what not.....ugh.....
Dragonball Devolution was an "experience" I wish I could forget. As  someone who grew up watching the Dragonball series, this movie was so horrifying that I just want to cry whenever I think of it. I actually feel depressed right now as I write about it. Whenever I'm reminded of this movie, I think of the South Park episode where Stephen Spielberg and George Lucas r*** Indiana Jones. I think that's what Justin Chatloser and James Wrong did to Goku.

Seriously, why turn Goku into an emo? In the anime, he was a fun, peaceful, energetic and very likeable character. I looked up to Goku when I was a kid so to see him turned into an unlikeable, whiny, emo teenage brat whose only motivation is to get into some girl's pants(despite that in the original Dragonball it was the other way around), it just makes me want to find Chatloser and punch him square in the face. I could go on and on about why I despise this stain on the Dragonball legacy, this slap in the face to Akira Toriyama, this r*** of my childhood but if I did, I'd be here all night. So I'm gonna go calm down, play some Pilotwings 64, and finish up a picture I had been working on.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: MrDrake,Jan 12 2010 on  07:56 PM
I've seen the movie Twilight and ugh, that was just stupid.....so pathetic.

That movie along with Borat.
I agree with you on Twilight, but NNNNNNOOOOOOOO not Borat! Anything but Borat! :( It was friggen funny for me at least...lol