The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rainbowfaces RP “The Quest for Telling”

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That sounds like a good idea @Goldenwind:) This would allow us to get things going and to allow the story to develop organically.  I would be open to playing Spike  :^^spike and Ruby  :thinking if no one else wants to play them. 

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Sounds like a great idea @rhombus . I imagine Littlefoot or someone seeing something land far off of the side of the valley before going to check it out, probably after getting the gang together. Then it can used to introduce whatever plot device that is related to the Rainbow Faces (Maybe my robot dino OC. XD)

My OC will be named Al, it's like A.I. but with a L instead of an I. He is a quirky fellow who wishes to learn about the world around him, as he is a newly designed robot to research worlds while being hidden. However the land procedure went array, resulting in a system error that causes a condition similar to amnesia. Don't worry he isn't gonna be a robot Guido.  :PCera He is adventurous and likes to say hello to everyone he see's, sharptooth or not. I'd imagine the sharpteeth would show disinterest in him because he is a machine, and would use this as a advantage. I think his personality could be a result of the male Rainbow Face wanting him to be a companion and swooped it in while the female Rainbow Face wasn't looking.

@Goldenwind I like this idea, but here's my idea that could connect off of yours.

What if the gang can't tell it's a robot? They think it's a real dino, and then it gets wet and short circuits or something along those lines. I don't know just something I'm throwing out here.  :lol Also, real quick, I think that the robot should accidentally land on Earth. I think the Rainbow Faces would be smarter than to send a robot on Earth.  :PCera
Go Chomper!

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
That's very interesting! @Little Bro I actually think they would assume that. Espically since they don't know a thing about robots. Though poor Al getting short circuited.  :PCera

And yeah, I think it be too coincidental they chose Earth again. Maybe previous coordinates that were saved to a computer (The ones used for the Stone of Cold Fire) was accidentally used somehow. Resulting in him being sent to the wrong place.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
And if a certain orange fastbiter OC is permitted to show up in the RP then he might be introduced to your robot dino OC when he has a hunt that does not go as planned.

"Ow, my teeth!  What the heck are your scales made of?"

:bestsharptooth
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 02:23:18 PM by rhombus »

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Welp, I've missed out on a lot of activity. :PCera Warning: big post ahead!

@RainbowFaceProtege

Yeah, part of that has been due to work keeping me busy, and the other part is due to confusion concerning the RP.  Before I would pick out any characters I think that we need a plan as to what is going on.  Otherwise I would be going into any RP blind.

@rhombus Oh, that's fine, I understand you being busy. (I realize I've been absent here for some time now, too.) I just wanted to make sure you were still interested, didn't want you to feel like you had to participate if there was any reason you didn't want to. :)

As for dividing up the characters, I wasn't saying we were ready to start the RP yet. Sorry if I accidentally gave that impression. I just find it easier to come up with RP ideas if I know beforehand which characters I'll be controlling, but maybe that's just me.

Sounds like a great idea @rhombus . I imagine Littlefoot or someone seeing something land far off of the side of the valley before going to check it out, probably after getting the gang together. Then it can used to introduce whatever plot device that is related to the Rainbow Faces (Maybe my robot dino OC. XD)

My OC will be named Al, it's like A.I. but with a L instead of an I. He is a quirky fellow who wishes to learn about the world around him, as he is a newly designed robot to research worlds while being hidden. However the land procedure went array, resulting in a system error that causes a condition similar to amnesia. Don't worry he isn't gonna be a robot Guido.  :PCera He is adventurous and likes to say hello to everyone he see's, sharptooth or not. I'd imagine the sharpteeth would show disinterest in him because he is a machine, and would use this as a advantage. I think his personality could be a result of the male Rainbow Face wanting him to be a companion and swooped it in while the female Rainbow Face wasn't looking.
@Goldenwind This sounds like a great start! :)littlefoot An additional idea I have: what if Al is losing power, so the Gang has a limited amount of time to get him back to the Rainbow Faces before his battery is completely drained? While the battery charge being completely drained wouldn't make Al "dead," since he could just be charged again, the Gang wouldn't be aware of such a concept. Having had no experience with electronics before, the Gang would view Al as they would any living being, sort of like what @Little Bro said. From what you've said, perhaps even Al himself, due to his amnesia, would think he's a living creature like Littlefoot and his friends, thinking he's "sick" as his low charge causes glitches.

As for the sharptooth idea, I like where you're going with that, I'm just not sure if most sharpteeth would be smart enough to be indifferent to Al right away. (Grandpa Longneck: "It's a good thing sharpteeth aren't very smart..." :lol) However, I can imagine a sharptooth trying to eat Al once, to the Gang's horror, then giving up once it realizes its teeth can't even get through the metal (or whatever indestructable tech Al is made of). ;)

Heh, I like your explanation for Al's personality...I can definitely picture that happening. :lol

--tries to post--
"Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted."
:olittlefoot

And if a certain orange fastbiter OC is permitted to show up in the RP then he might be introduced to your OC when he has a hunt that does not go as planned.

"Ow, my teeth!  What the heck are your scales made of?"

:bestsharptooth

@rhombus Exactly. :lol
I don't know much about Taunt except that he's into April Fools' Day ;)Cera but I wouldn't object to him making an appearance as our sharptooth. Go for it!

Btw, I'd been thinking about keeping Ruby as one of my chars, but if you'd rather take her, I don't mind. :DD I'm not too picky about my Gang characters.

That's very interesting! @Little Bro I actually think they would assume that. Espically since they don't know a thing about robots. Though poor Al getting short circuited.  :PCera

And yeah, I think it be too coincidental they chose Earth again. Maybe previous coordinates that were saved to a computer (The ones used for the Stone of Cold Fire) was accidentally used somehow. Resulting in him being sent to the wrong place.

That sounds plausible to me! :yes The "Stone of Cold Fire" could have been an unmanned probe of some sort that had been purposefully sent to Earth to measure climate conditions or something like that, so now Al could accidentally be launched under the same coordinates.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege

Btw, I'd been thinking about keeping Ruby as one of my chars, but if you'd rather take her, I don't mind. :DD I'm not too picky about my Gang characters.

Sure, you can have Ruby.  I can take Spike and some other gang characters if some of them end up being unpicked.  Especially if Taunt gets to make an appearance here.  :bestsharptooth

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege

Sure, you can have Ruby.  I can take Spike and some other gang characters if some of them end up being unpicked.  Especially if Taunt gets to make an appearance here.  :bestsharptooth
Haha, okay then. :OhYou

Just wondering, do you guys think our first scene should be the Rainbow Faces accidentally launching Al towards Earth, or should we cut straight to the Gang seeing Al fly over the Great Wall? (Btw, are Bro and I still playing the Rainbow Faces? I forgot to ask about that.)

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Huh, you guys got a lot done.

I'm okay with both options, and I guess I can take Petrie. :p
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I'd take Chomper and maybe Littlefoot if no one is interested along with my OC Al... Though I was wondering if it's okay for some other Great Valley residents to get involved in the story? Mr. Threehorn for example, because I want to see his mind blown.  :bestsharptooth

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not opposed to the idea, but I do think it would be wise to maintain some level of scope at the moment given that we do not have a lot of rpers right now. Too many characters may cause conflicting interests where a single rper can control a lot of characters under their charge and influence what's happening imo.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Huh, you guys got a lot done.

I'm okay with both options, and I guess I can take Petrie. :p
@OwlsCantRead Oh wait, you actually are playing? Uh...heh...sorry I unintentionally excluded you from our plans so far, I thought you'd just been coming in and out of here now and then to tease us. :oops
Well, now that I have my head on straight, welcome to the RP, Petrie! :)petrie (not surprised in the least that you would choose Petrie)

@Goldenwind Okay, as much as this idea amuses me, I have to second Owls in saying that it would probably be wise to resist introducing extra characters yet. I can imagine someone like Mr. Threehorn making a cameo appearance just for humor at some point, but I don't think we should put that in here so early, or there's a danger that he might unnecessarily shoehorn himself into the rest of the story. For now, let's stick with the Gang of Five and Al (and possibly Rainbow Faces, unless we're going to save their appearance for the ending).

You're welcome to keep Chomper! As for Littlefoot, @Little Bro and I discussed this RP a bit IRL, and he mentioned he might've wanted to keep using him, so I'm gonna ask him to confirm whether Littlefoot is still up for grabs or not.

(Though, seriously, Bro, if you're going to call dibs on a character, you should actually do it in the RP discussion. Just sayin'. :p)

Anyway, I was thinking I'd keep using the female Rainbow Face, but if anyone else was hoping to play her, I can be flexible.

Come to think of it, I don't even know how often the Rainbow Faces are going to come up in this RP yet.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Just had a new idea! In order for the Gang to have a more concrete destination to help Al get to, what if Al picks up a signal from somewhere and feels compelled to follow it? It'll turn out that the signal is coming from a hidden Rainbow Face research base (maybe inside a mountain or underground). What do you guys think?

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege I understand. XD I think it be okay to stick with the gang for the moment. I won't mind discussing possible character introductions later on like Pterano (Since they will most likely be in the Mysterious Beyond) for example. I wouldn't mind if the Rainbow Faces appear out of the blue at the end as a suprise reveal like in a actual TLBT movie climax. But... I want to hear what their RPers suggests.

Also that makes a lot of sense and I could see Littlefoot believing in Al's instincts as he and other Longnecks were compelled by unknown forces before during the Great Longneck Migration.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just had a new idea! In order for the Gang to have a more concrete destination to help Al get to, what if Al picks up a signal from somewhere and feels compelled to follow it? It'll turn out that the signal is coming from a hidden Rainbow Face research base (maybe inside a mountain or underground). What do you guys think?

This sounds like a good idea to me. :) From there the gang could be introduced in some way and we can contrive some kind of adventure which leads them to discovering Al.

As for my OC (Taunt) I was mainly thinking of him being used as rarely used comic relief. :p  I could see him having a hilariously failed hunt (hurting his teeth on Al's "hide") and then perhaps arriving a bit later just to point out the "odd rock-hide dinosaur" to his disbelieving pack.

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I'd take Chomper and maybe Littlefoot if no one is interested along with my OC Al... Though I was wondering if it's okay for some other Great Valley residents to get involved in the story? Mr. Threehorn for example, because I want to see his mind blown.  :bestsharptooth
@Goldenwind do you mind if I take Littlefoot?

Anyway, I'll take Ducky if no one else wants her. Also, I'll leave the male Rainbow Face up for grabs. One of you guys can have him. Except, Protege can't take him, or she would be the Rainbow Ruler. <--  :lol

I like this idea, @RainbowFaceProtege . But, I think it needs to be something a little more mysterious (Pun unintended) like a volcano, or cave with shiny crystals. I would like to hear you guys' opinions.
Go Chomper!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Also, I'll leave the male Rainbow Face up for grabs. One of you guys can have him. Except, Protege can't take him, or she would be the Rainbow Ruler. <--  :lol

:lol :lol

Actually, if you're giving him up, I think I'd like to drop the female Rainbow Face and use him instead. If that works for everyone else, of course. :) Female Rainbow Face is available for anyone.

I like this idea, @RainbowFaceProtege . But, I think it needs to be something a little more mysterious (Pun unintended) like a volcano, or cave with shiny crystals. I would like to hear you guys' opinions.
For sure, it can be as epic as we desire--I never said it had to be a boring mountain or cave. :Mo

As for my OC (Taunt) I was mainly thinking of him being used as rarely used comic relief. :p  I could see him having a hilariously failed hunt (hurting his teeth on Al's "hide") and then perhaps arriving a bit later just to point out the "odd rock-hide dinosaur" to his disbelieving pack.

Sure, by all means, do it. :DD I wouldn't mind Mr. Threehorn or some other character coming up for comic-relief purposes when the time is right, either--sorry if I gave the impression I didn't want him in here at all, that's not what I meant--I'm just trying to make sure we don't introduce too many characters too soon.

@RainbowFaceProtege I understand. XD I think it be okay to stick with the gang for the moment. I won't mind discussing possible character introductions later on like Pterano (Since they will most likely be in the Mysterious Beyond) for example. I wouldn't mind if the Rainbow Faces appear out of the blue at the end as a suprise reveal like in a actual TLBT movie climax. But... I want to hear what their RPers suggests.
Yeah, I'm open to the idea of introducing other characters later on. :)petrie And I don't mind saving the Rainbow Faces for the ending, either, that was basically how I'd been imagining it. I'm still open to other suggestions, though, since the female Rainbow Face currently isn't assigned to anyone, and whoever picks her up might have an idea of their own. :)

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I don't mind you having Littlefoot, @Little Bro . I enjoy your protrayal of him.  :chompysmile

I guess if no one else is interested I could try the Female Rainbow Face. It be interesting to act as the male's foil and voice of reason.  :bestsharptooth

Hmm... As for how the gang discovers Al, I might have another idea or two... He could land directly in the valley, attract the attention of everyone, land nearby with the gang prompting to give chase, probably thinking it might be another Stone of Cold Fire, or someone hearing a voice or sound of sorts. Maybe Guido could be the one to discover him as they do share similarities in the fact they appear to be one of a kind with no recollection of their past.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@Goldenwind I'd love to see your take on the female Rainbow Face, go ahead and have her. :^^spike

I think your idea for how the Gang discovers Al sounds great! Maybe, similar to how we started off "The Quest For Telling," we could open with Ruby telling a Rainbow Face story right before Al lands?

The only detail I'm on the fence about is Guido being involved. (Heh...I actually saw your post yesterday but didn't respond yet because I wanted to decide what I thought about the idea of using Guido. Turns out even after a day, I'm still literally unable to make up my mind about it.) On one hand, I feel like having eight characters along on this adventure could end up being a lot to handle. But on the other hand, welllllll...I really enjoy Guido. :lol What are you guys' thoughts? I'll leave it up to the rest of you to decide! @Little Bro @OwlsCantRead @rhombus

Oh yeah, by the way, here's our character list so far! (Let me know if I accidentally list anyone wrong.)

Rhombus
-Taunt (OC)
-Spike
-Cera

RainbowFaceProtege
-Ruby
-Male Rainbow Face

Little Bro
-Littlefoot
-Ducky

OwlsCantRead
-Petrie
-Guido

Goldenwind
-Al (OC)
-Chomper
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 08:32:45 PM by RainbowFaceProtege »

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmmmm... I personally think that @OwlsCantRead is the master at portraying Guido so he certainly has my vote if we want to include that character.  If not, however, then I could try to do my best to portray Guido in character.  It's just that compared to my ability to portray   :^^spike and  :bestsharptooth my ability to play Guido is, well...  :facepalm

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm fine either way. So if you all think Guido can contribute, I don't mind taking everyone's favorite nervous glider.

Else if you guys think it would be too much, I couldn't help but notice that no one has taken Cera yet, and I'm okay with playing as the skeptic of the gang if I don't take Guido.