The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Art: A Day at the Lake

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Quote from: Mornai,Mar 13 2008 on  02:53 PM
If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been making drawings like these?
I've been drawing since I was 6 years of age (or maybe even younger, according to mother dearest) and I've been heavily detailing with pencils and pens since I was in middle school

my attempt with colors started very recently (weeks prior to months) 'Just Relaxing' was my first success piece with colored pencils.

And right now, I'm working on a painted piece which so far has been a far more rewarding experience than with my pieces in colored pencils... the current work in progress makes the drawing featured in this thread look like a kindergarten and a chimpanzee did it with crayons... in short, acrylic paint looks far more superior than colored pencil =P

and to even quote my four year old nephew: "It looks like its in a movie!" a quote that seems to further my ambition.

that piece will be posted very soon... so keep your eyes peeled

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
painting sounds harder then using crayons or colored pencils.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: AvestheForumFox,Mar 14 2008 on  06:47 AM
And right now, I'm working on a painted piece which so far has been a far more rewarding experience than with my pieces in colored pencils... the current work in progress makes the drawing featured in this thread look like a kindergarten and a chimpanzee did it with crayons... in short, acrylic paint looks far more superior than colored pencil =P

I can't wait to see it :D I'm sure it will be as good as the one above, or possibly even better.