The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

COLONIAL MARINES: Toph

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000

Don't let her blindness fool you, strait from the planet of AV-647, Toph is a Bad-Ass: Assault, Demolitions, Stratigy Tactics, and Tank Ops Officer. she is deployed more as demolitions equipment then a soldier. but when it comes to heavy assault she leads with example. one day on LV-3212, she got into an arguement with a Marine. the arguement ended when she put the unfortunant soldier into a crater. afterwich the same Marine wrote, "HARD HEAD!" on her helmet.

the Armor design is the same, but with some alterations. for one, I added armor to protect the thies. I also added an upgraded shoulder lamp.

she was originaly gonna hold two M41 Pulse Rifles in both hands. but it never made it in the design. however, what did make it into the design was MARONICA, the SADAR launcher. although its not the same design like in AVP 2. MARONICA is actualy desined to home in on the target. Toph's boots are designed to amplify her VSA (Vibration Sencing Abilitys) and are intercepted into MARONICA. the next pic I have in mind is her holding two M41's and another of her holding MARONICA.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
She looks like an interesting character.  And with technology there are likely all sorts of things than can compensate for her blindness in a variety of ways.

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
in my earlier ideas she was gonna have a viser, but I thought it'll be to Star Trekky, then I was gonna go with an implant hooked to a Satalite uplink. but there was some Obvious difficaultys with that idea. so I went with Boots made of an alloy to enable her to connect her ability to see to the weapon in hand to allow Aim.

although she's still bound to the earth.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
One thing I saw on Scientific American Fronteirs that is being tested in the lab is they lay some circuits on the back of the eye, and the blind person wears what looks like sun glasses.  I forgot the exact number of bits but the blind guy they had testing it had either 4 or 8 bit.  He could tell light and dark.  By the time the tech gets to the Aliens level it may be enough to give them normal vision, or better then normal.  It doesn't have to be sun glasses any would fit.  For a solider they'd need a type that isn't easily knocked off or lost so any sort of sun glasses for a soldier would be a bad idea.  It would likely be somewhere else.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Awesome Drawing! Whyat inspired you to make this one if i may ask?

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I was watching Aliens and my friend Josh said, "They should have Toph join the Marines" and the idea was born.

yeah I saw that with the glasses. But I doubt Toph would let anybody put a chip behind her eye.