The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Are you tired of Sharpteeth always being villains?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Do you, like me, think Sharpteeth are too dumped on when, if you think about, their main "crime" is that they need to eat?  (I get that them going after kids like the Gang of Five seems a bit mean on their part, but, maybe the kids were all they could find at the moment.)

Anyway, after finding Chomper and falling so in love with him (we have much in common), I feel that we should at least see a Sharptooth or a part Sharptooth have us see things from their point of view and so we could get why they do what they do.  

That was actually part of the reason I created Ptero in my fanfic, to show a half Sharptooth who thinks he's a full Sharptooth who hunts, yet he eats every bite because he knows what it cost the animal to be his meal and will sing, when hunting, well, at one point we see him singing, that he only is doing it as he has had no food all day and that he wants to go to bed with something in his stomach and that when he is not hunting that he is very sweet, which he mostly is.  He also thinks that it is sad, when he gets his meal at the end of the song, that another poor beautiful creature had to leave the world so that he could stay on it.

(Ptero also eats leaves, so he can still get the sympathy of viewers who favor Leaf Eaters.)

Also, I brought in another whole subset of creatures called Bothteeth that are kinda like Ruby, except, unlike Ruby, they eat other dinos in addition to plants whereas Ruby just eats clams and plants.  

These type of dinos could be more hated than Sharpteeth as they are free to eat plants all their life or plants and clams but would willingly choose to eat their fellow dinosaurs (a choice most Sharpteeth, possibly including our friend Chomper, don't have.).  

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: LittlefootAndAliTogether,Jan 27 2015 on  11:35 AM
These type of dinos could be more hated than Sharpteeth as they are free to eat plants all their life or plants and clams but would willingly choose to eat their fellow dinosaurs (a choice most Sharpteeth, possibly including our friend Chomper, don't have.).
Not exactly. About the "they can choose to eat plants all their life", I mean. Omnivores might have a more varied diet, however, they can't just stick to plants entirely. They'll need to eat meat at some point. For instance, if a human suddenly switched to an all plant diet, they would have severe consequences. And those who manage to live on such diets need to artificially supplement their diet with the missing nutrients they can't get from plants.

However, it could be possible to switch to an all plant diet overtime, if the sitiuation calls for it. Species switched diets before, so it's plausible; it just can't happen on an individual basis. A dinosaur omnivore suddenly ditching all meat is not going to have an easy time adapting. Unlike humans, they don't have the luxury of taking pills to supplement their diet.

However they could eat bugs, which are high in protein and other nutrients, and that could let them eat largely plants. But I'm not sure how much this woud work. Though some omnivorous dinos did already eat insects I believe.

And there's other protein sources as well. Clams are just one of them. There's also other sea life they can eat, such as fish and crabs. And small mammals and lizards as well.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
No, I meant the part where they decided to eat their fellow dinos.  I get during a leaf famine that they might have NO choice, but when they do, if they did ti anyway, just for, well, because they liked it, would that make them eviller than Sharpteeth?