The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tell us something about yourself!

action9000 · 2423 · 144157

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I personally found physics to be a lot of fun so that's why I joke about how it's the best haha. Marine Biology seems like a cool choice though! Best of luck on your journey!

And my deadline for my work is approaching. I've worked hard with this one, so I hope that I'll pass, but we'll see that tomorrow. Today I'll edit it a little more (time to finally be productive). Wish me luck!  :)
Good luck!  :smile

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
And my deadline for my work is approaching. I've worked hard with this one, so I hope that I'll pass, but we'll see that tomorrow. Today I'll edit it a little more (time to finally be productive). Wish me luck!

I've done it! All 180 credit units in my studies have been accomplished. Now there's only about 2 weeks left of school and then holidays!  :celebrate

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile

I've done it! All 180 credit units in my studies have been accomplished. Now there's only about 2 weeks left of school and then holidays!  :celebrate

Congratulations, I'm happy for you! I would assume you would do things that involve LBT during the holidays, mhmm? :p

Speaking of which, this week was my last full week of school! Next week is four days, the following week is three days, followed by four days. Then basically all half days for finals and/or regents.
Summer vacation, here I come! Sophomore year, I'm ready for you! :^^spike

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm more than ready for a vacation. Few more days of work and school, then I'm free!  :)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Summer vacation, here I come! Sophomore year, I'm ready for you! :^^spike

The only problem now is that...I have summer assignments for the two AP classes I'm taking in Sophomore year. While I didn't receive them yet per say, I heard that I'll have to do something like that. :( Also, I did plan to take health class in the summer to free up a slot in my schedule.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Congrats to the both of you!

The only problem now is that...I have summer assignments for the two AP classes I'm taking in Sophomore year. While I didn't receive them yet per say, I heard that I'll have to do something like that. :( Also, I did plan to take health class in the summer to free up a slot in my schedule.
I've never taken summer classes before but it can be a good idea as it allows you to focus on a small amount of classes at one time along with reducing the load in the year to come as you have mentioned. Best of luck with them! :smile

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's so strange to think how much things actually change in such a short amount of time, not just for people personally, but even in the environment around your front yard and neighborhood. Roads used to be rough, now they're smooth and still are today. Neighbors have been moving out, trees have been cut down, and less people are seen outside now. As a matter of fact, the tree in our front yard had to be cut down recently because it died suddenly for some reason. The leaves started falling off one day even though it just blossomed its flowers and leaves recently. Honestly, I was kind of sad to see it go. We're now trying to look for a tree to purchase and replace the felled one. But yeah, don't we all have a longing for the things that once were? Life can change in an instant and its short, so that's why we should Carpe Diem, or seize the day. Hehe, it's a Latin phrase I learned in English class this year. I love that expression. :DD

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It was pretty awesome but tiring day for me. I got to go to my friend's house today for around five hours, and he tutored me on how to swim. I learned fast apparently and got most of it down. Obviously this is only the beginning, but hopefully I'll become a very fluent swimmer pretty soon. :)

Swimming may be the safest sport, but it sure does drain the life essence out of you so easily. I was only practicing swimming techniques and I already felt a bit tired. Just imagine doing swimming for 50m or 100m! I'd be dead! :(

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah swimming can be very tiring! I haven't done any serious swimming in a long time (actually haven't even really gone swimming in general in quite a few years). I imagine that's why swimming is the first thing that is done for a triathlon. I doubt people would want to swim in an endurance contest last. :p

As for myself, my parents were up to visit for the day on their journey south and we did some shopping for some outdoor related things. Got myself a new tent so I don't have to use a second hand one that's sorta broken as well as some proper hiking shoes for the couple hikes I'm planning this summer. Got some bear spray as well just in case.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

As for myself, my parents were up to visit for the day on their journey south and we did some shopping for some outdoor related things. Got myself a new tent so I don't have to use a second hand one that's sorta broken as well as some proper hiking shoes for the couple hikes I'm planning this summer. Got some bear spray as well just in case.

That's great, keeping in touch with nature and experiencing the wonders of it. I was also thinking of going camping for myself in the near future or so. It would be something that's fun I hope, and I get to try something new as well.
As for that bear spray, hopefully you won't have to use it, because that animal will suffer the effects of it! :( Besides, shouldn't backing away slowly from the bear work too if you happen to encounter an unfriendly bear?

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Generally acting as big as possible and not running if it looks like its aggressive (or if it tries to intimidate you to run by standing up). Backing up slowly can probably be another method too. The spray is for worst case scenario though (and is probably only effective at uncomfortably close range anyways)

Yeah camping can be a lot of fun! I used to go a lot as a family back when I was younger. Would want to go more frequently but finding the time between friends can be fairly difficult.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm, interesting to know for that first method. I thought that just escalates the situation, since acting as big as possible is a sign of a challenge and not backing down. But then again, for other animals that method works, so I'm not sure.

Thanks for the reinforcement that camping is fun! Hopefully I'll have the same experiences as you do. :)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Random trivia about me: I'd have a unibrow if I didn't repeatedly shave it.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
When it comes to shaving my beard, I can be quite neglectful. I don't usually like having a beard, so I just shave it off. :p

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm, interesting to know for that first method. I thought that just escalates the situation, since acting as big as possible is a sign of a challenge and not backing down. But then again, for other animals that method works, so I'm not sure.

Thanks for the reinforcement that camping is fun! Hopefully I'll have the same experiences as you do. :)
Well possibly haha. But if a bear is unfamiliar to humans it's doing that mostly to see if you'll run away. If the bear is with its cub well I'm probably dead no matter what haha. But yeah, I think backing away slowly works unless the bear starts taking serious interest in you. This is just stuff that I've heard though so don't take my word on it.

Hope you get the chance to go camping though!

Random trivia about me: I'd have a unibrow if I didn't repeatedly shave it.
I'm in the same boat. I'm also really lazy when it comes to shaving my beard. I usually get around to it after about a month :p

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I tend to be pretty consistent with shaving off my facial hair. I prefer being clean-shaven just because I don't like the way facial hair looks on me. I think it can look good on some guys; just not me. I don't quite get around to it every day, but every few days... if nothing else because then it starts itching and irritating my face. It serves as a good reminder that way. :yes

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
For me personally, I have a pretty decent mustache for my age. No beard yet. I would most likely shave my beard but not my mustache. If the mustache gets too uncomfortable or long, that's where I draw the line most likely.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Mustache's sure are quite cool. I have been thinking about growing one. :p

I don't quite get around to it every day, but every few days... if nothing else because then it starts itching and irritating my face.

Yeah... that sounds very familiar. Annoying. :anger

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yes. We can unite in the club of irritating facial hair stubs. :anger

Although it's probably worse for me because I've seldom ever had a consistent moustache or beard in my life. Whereas I imagine if one were to grow it out more often, the itchiness probably wouldn't be so bad.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It seems like I won't be having any breaks this summer. Let's see, all the summer assignments I have are for AP Psychology, English, Geometry, and AP World History. Wow, I think it's a bad idea to procrastinate at this point. ::)