The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Will you let your kids watch this?

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I would love for my children to see the movie. The movie teaches a lot about friendship, teamwork, something very educational for them to watch. I don't know how they would feel when they become older, but sometimes I feel that you should share your childhood memories with your own children.

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
I of course will let my children watch it. Such a meaningful and fun series and it would surely be a shame for our children to miss on such gems. And I am planning on sharing such gems from my childhood with my children.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Geez!  I thought this thing was dead.

Then someone comes by and posts on it to make it live again! :^.^:

I guess this shows just how good my topic choices can be. :P:

kaytea

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://scarygreenhamster.deviantart.com/
it was me I brought it back to life and im not sorry

XDD

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I definitely would like my children watch all da movies. After all, they're entertaining and cool. :DD I treasure them.

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yes, most definately.

I hope to the heavens that there are kids around these days that still like this wonderful series, with all the CGI and vulgar comedy films out there. Hopefully my kids will love it, and animation in general, as I plan on making my own animated films in the future, and it could pique their interests.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Quote from: lbt/cty_lover,Nov 26 2007 on  02:47 PM
Definitely! Who wouldn't?
1. Nazi Communists
2. Evil Fanatical Terrorist Scum
3. Evil Cartoon Hating Rednecks
4. Mushy booger headed good for nothings
5. Satan
6. (A few words I cannot speak here)
7. (Even more bad words I cannot speak here)
8. Sharptooth
9. Microscopic crunchy brained llama droppings

and the list goes on!

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I can add more to the list:

1. Dinophobes
2. Feminazis (they don't like the pink female dinosaurs Ruby and Tria)
3. Dr. Delahoyd

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
For the sake of the question, I would have to answer yes (though I'm current single and childless, with little or no surprise :lol: ).

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well, I'm never going to actually marry, but I plan to adopt a few kids and I'll show it to them (or they'll probably see me watching it :p ) and I'm sure they'll like it when they're young.  The question is: are they going to like it when they get older as I have?  Who knows?  I think people stop liking things like this because society pushes them in that direction.  Take for instance at the age of 7 kids start getting into the kind of stuff that's considered to be "cool" like transformers, power rangers, and other stuff like that.  If they had no other outside influence, would they drop other things and move on to that kind of stuff?  I don't believe so.  Society and stuff like tv commercials push them to accept that and consider other shows to be weak (later called stupid and then lame).  School is a big factor.  I read an article about this and it shows that kids in private school that have little or no contact with peers their own age tend to still like things such as dragon tales at the age of 9 and 12, but kids start calling the same show stupid at the age of 5+ going to public schools.  Peer pressure and the desire to fit in really push the kids into things they wouldn't necessarily do or like.  Since my adopted kid is certainly going through private school, I'm sure he/she will be a unique individual and not be influenced by the outside world as much as other kids will that go to public school.  I went to public school, but I got a lot of personal attention from my mother about being myself and not allowing what others think of me to sway my views, beliefs, or preferances of anything.  Society and peer pressure influenced me to sway away from LBT and other little shows I used to like.  Then, at the age of 13 I realized that I was my own unique person and I was how I was and nothing was going to change that and I stopped trying to conform to what society and my peers expected of me.  Then I was okay with myself and began to like LBT again.  I watched some other stuff I used to like such as dragon tales and a bunch of other shows.  I didn't like them, but I didn't hate them or think they were stupid either.  They just weren't my cup of tea. :p I hope my child doesn't have to go through having to find himself again and that I can protect him/her from outside influence until they are old enough to make their own decisions and they really know that being themselves is okay. :)

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
LBTLover, I totally agree with your views here.

In short, society is made up of a bunch of competing attention whores. There's always something trying to be 'cooler' than the other. Which is sadly why people don't put their hearts into their work, but rather their egos.

I shake my head in disbelief of what mankind has become... God, have mercy on the foolish ones... they know not what they do, nor do they even care.

Pure Pressure - Lucky for me, I never tried to fit in.. I was always an outsider and I've hung about very few groups (preferably groups who liked films and books) I was the type who liked to think above the system, I did what I liked and I liked what I liked regardless of what others think.

There was a time that I grew a distaste for the LBT series, it ended up to the point that I read about Judith Barsi's unfortunate and cruel death... it was then that I realized that that part of me which has remained dormant all these years was missing that special something... the same day I wept about Judith's death scowled and spoke hateful words of her father for his wrong, and eventually even regained my fandom for LBT and Ducky (who Judith was the original voice actor for) :cry

that same day I came upon LandBeforeTimeLover's website, joined the forums there and eventually found my way here.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've never conformed to the standards of the world, or gave regard of it's pressure, influence, or sense of fashion. I've never received any 'real' opposition to my beliefs (I don't count the internet, of course) or likings, like LBT, but then again, no one outside my family knows about my likings for stuff like that.

I don't try to be cool. Just myself. And I've sure made some internet wayfarers pretty angry, but I never gave an owl's toot to what they said about me to try to try to get me to buckle to peer pressure.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Peer pressure, even subtle and unnoticed can change some folks's interests.  Part of this, like mentioned above likely comes from society saying what is proper for you to like at certain ages.  Some folks may also have their interests change over time.  

Though odds of my having kids is likely about equal to the sun turning green, I would let kids I had watch the movies and tv series.  Likely I'd let them see the sequels and episodes at a younger age then the first movie.  Depending, of course, on how mature the kids were, not on what society says.  One benefit of being an outcast from society is much of its pressures of this is proper for you to act, you should behave like this, doesn't effect me much.  I've always pretty much ignored society myself for the most part.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This started out as a topic asking a simple question. Now it has evolved into a discussion on society.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: lbt/cty_lover,Nov 27 2007 on  04:01 PM
This started out as a topic asking a simple question. Now it has evolved into a discussion on society.
Oh, but that's the thing, isnt it?

Society just interrupts anything! No matter how small the question...

"May I borrow a cup of sugar please?"

"Society does NOT approve. Good day!" *slams door*

"........ :cry "

And now, to get back on topic.

If I ever did have children, then yes, this will be amongst their video collection. And like most others have said in this thread, I'd hope dearly that they enjoyed each and every single one!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If i do get married and have any children, then of coarse i would share my movies with them and i hope my children will love it like i do.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I would. I would want my kids to know what it feels like to know the beauty of The Land Before Time andbe able to sit down and enjoy it as much as I do and always will.

Karmarsi

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://karmarsi-kedamoki.deviantart.com
I would defiantly let my children watch this. The first one will always be better than most future movies, already my fiance and I have agreed to show our children older shows / movies and not this new junk

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Yes.

They would be able to to see most of them too; I have all 13 movies (1-11 on VHS; 12-13 on DVD) and all the episodes on DVD (except The Big Longneck Test).