The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Watership Down

Raptor · 279 · 21735

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Mayberry nodded in acceptance at the idea of having more than one on guard duty. She also believed having a buck...even if a hare would be strategically advantageous to her. She then commented by saying, "I would be glad to accept any help you can give me."

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
OOC: Hope you don't mind if I jump forward a bit.

IC: The last rays of sunlight vanished below the horizon, and it was dark.

Thistle awakened with a sudden start. He got up, and looked around. The others were still asleep. He decided to let them sleep a little longer. It was still fairly early in the morning, but it was light outside.

Thistle yawned, and hopped towards the rusted gap, then paused. He thought he heard something, but it was probably just Mayberry of Basil.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It was indeed Basil, who noticed that Thistle was no longer asleep.

"Hello there, Thistle. You've woken up just in time to enjoy another nice morning. See? The Haila is shining brightly. Oh... I forgot. You call her Frith... Well... I guess it is not bad name... For a male that is." hare said cheerfully and at the same time he was wondering how the rabbits could mix up Haila's gender.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Yes, it's good to see Frith shining in the morning." Thistle said, scratching behind one ear.

"Maybe we'll make it to the water today." Thistle mused aloud. The surroundings seemed peaceful in the morning, the grass damp from the dew, and a few birds chirping in the trees. It seemed like today would be a much better day for travel.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mayberry was sitting atop the wagon with a smile on her face as she heard Basil and Thistle speaking. She sighed contently and said, "Yes, Frith is a wonderful thing to see in the morning. Tell me Thistle-rah, when do we continue on our journey?"

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"As soon as the others wake up. I don't want to wake them too early, not after everthing that's happened." Replied Thistle.

The idyllic surroundings did not give a hint of yesterday's turmoil, but as a rabbit, Thistle was still quiet wary. Yet there was no hint of any sort of danger.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"If you did not want to wake us up, then you should have been less noisy while speaking, Thistle." Thyme stated coming out of the wheelbarrow. Then he started doing some kind of morning exercises, stretching all his limbs, until he felt that the last sign of drowsiness had vanished. He scratched his ears and looked around. He noticed a small group of cowslips, which were growing literally next to wagon.

"Ha. That makes this a good day already." Thyme exclaimed hopping to nibble this delicacy.
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thistle said nothing, and watched Thyme eat the cowslip. He was tempted to go over and have some himself, but he felt Thyme deserved it after his ordeal in the snare.

Thistle combed his ears, then set to work, nibbling at the grass surrounding the wheelbarrow.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mayberry began to stretch her legs out, two at a time and as she did, the wound on her right hind leg from the Homba attack gave her a start of shock as she felt pain radiate from the wound causing Mayberry to lose her balance and fall onto the grass.
"Ow..." was the only word she muttered as she wasn't sure who was still asleep and who was awake.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thistle sat up and turned around at the thump. Noticing that Mayberry had fallen, he hopped over to where she lay. He figured it was because of the wound, and sniffed her right hind leg. It didn't smell of infection.

"It doesn't seem dirty. But it probably aches." Thistle said. He licked the wound, to make sure it was clean, then sat back to let Mayberry get up.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mayberry in a fit of anger over her wound gritted her teeth and shouted aloud.
"InlÈ be all! Silly stiff leg wound, I should just beat the next elil I see to death!"

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thistle simply went back to feeding, as the other rabbits began to stir. Walnut, being tired from the travel, perhaps more then the others due to his small size, remained asleep until all the others had left the wheelbarrow.

Soon, the area around the wheelbarrow was dotted with rabbits feeding.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
After settling down, Mayberry also tried to silflay with the others, but she continued to look around as if expecting something...but she didn't want to seem anxious or paranoid so she let it be.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thyme glanced at Mayberry. He thought that maybe it is a time to get into more friendly relation with her. After all... If she was worried when he had nearly died in the snare, then she could not be a total bossy jerk, right?

"Hey, Mayberry. Have some of these cowslips. You will need all the strenght you can get, because when another elil shows up you, the Homba Killer, will probably be the only one who can defend us." he said to doe jokingly.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mayberry turned around and faced Thyme with a serious glare as she stated,
"An Owsla officer can survive for days at a time with the littlest bit of water, and the grass around them!" she stepped past Thyme with her nose in the air and said, "I'll be fine...but thank you."

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thistle sat back, ears poised high. He had heard something again. But he didn't smell anything. He didn't see anything. Thistle had no desire to send all the rabbit bolting unless there was a real threat. What if they got split up?

Thistle went back down on all fours to continue feeding.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Suit yourself. It leaves more cowslips for me." Thyme said leaning over the plants. In this moment Neltita hopped  out of the wagon, with her usual cheerfulness.

"Did somebody mentioned cowslips?" she asked aloud, while Thyme sighed and rolled his eyes up.

"I guess that would be me, Nel."

"Aaa... Nice. Could I have a bite?" doe asked.

"Er... No. These are all mine." Thyme refused, but rather in teasing manner.

"Good Frith, Thyme. This really breaks my heart." Neltita said mockingly "After that last winter I thought we were friends. Remember how our burrow was blocked by snow?" she asked. This brought some memories to Thyme. Since they were outskirters they had to live at the edge of the warren, in burrow which they made hastily. When the winter came, they were burried in their den for few days, having no-one but themselves to cuddle to in order stay warm. Luckily, they lived through, which couldn't be said about many other outskirters...

"Yeah. I can recall that and I have to admit it was nice then, but it still doesnt convince me." Thyme responded, grinning.

"I see... Maybe this argument will change your mind: if you will make me dislike you, you may never get the chance to experience the thing that really is nice." she said making emphasis on the last word, with an evil smile on her mouth. Thyme was glancing at her with confused look, before he understood what she had meant.

"Frith on the hills! For someone who is about to see her first spring, you are surely talking very mature... Anyway, be my guest and eat as many of these cowslips as you wish."

"Thank you, Thyme. Thank you." Neltita said still smiling and she started to nibble on plants

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mayberry continued to nibble on the grass around her and then she hopped over to Thistle for a moment and asked a question, "Do you feel...like something bad is going to happen? Cause I do...and we Owsla usually don't make mistakes about this."

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"I'm not sure." Thistle replied. "I keep hearing something." His ears pricked up again, trying to detect any trace of the sound. "But I can't tell what it is. If it was a man, we would've smelled him by now. If it was a homba, we certainly would've smelled it by now."

"The last thing I want to do is send everyone scattering if it's not a real threat." Thistle added.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mayberry smiled for a moment as she heard Thistle speak.
"Sometimes being a good Owsla or leader in any case is doing what you feel is right...if you think we should move, then I say we move, but keep us together in a single line that way we don't lose anyone, and keep the strongest...namely me...in the back to keep others like Thyme, and Walnut protected."