The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I need some help

MurMur · 12 · 2177

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I've noticed that my imageshack account is going to die eventually because it's no longer used. This means everything I posted in the Caption This section will be dead too. But I don't need their "free service" anymore.

So I'm asking someone to upload all these screenshots into their own imageshack/photobucket account. This way the pictures will be preserved. Give me the links, and I'll replace the old images with the newly uploaded ones. But please, direct links only.

You can upload my artwork and avatar too, but this is not necessary. Just rescue the screenshots. There are 290 topics to be rescued.

Thanks in advance.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I will do what I can.  I should be able to begin uploading some of the images tonight (in about 8 hours) when I arrive back home.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thanks. With your help, 37% of topics in the LBT caption section will be saved. :)
Of course, uploading 300 images takes time, but losing them all is much worse. I won't be here to help if they vanish one day.

There are some screenshots in the "Weird Land Before Time screenshots"
"Weird Land Before Time screenshots" topic. If you want, you can save those images too.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I could try. I have a photobucket account that I use every now and then. I could try and upload them through the night but I might not be able to get the links to you until Friday or Saturday. Is there any way you could send me all of the images to my email or another way that I can upload all of them in one go? If not then I'll just go through them with the 'save image as...' button. I have fairly fast internet so around 300 images could be uploaded within an hour or so depending on their size.

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thanks, somerandomfangirl. Sorry, I can't send you all the images, my slow internet won't manage it. Perhaps you could share the task with rhombus, he's agreed to do this too.

One more thing: there's a certain "three pictures" topic in the CT section - I don't remember which one - in which one of the pictures is much larger than the other two. That's because of stupid imageshack errors. :( Not only they love to randomly delete images, they also love to randomly resize them. :) If you discover this, tell me.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Okay. That's no problem, as I've already started the process of saving them to my computer. They seem fairly small in file size so they'll be quite easy for me to upload. I'll let you know if I find those images you were talking about. :yes

It might take me until Friday morning to get everything uploaded, and then I'll send the links to you Friday evening/Saturday morning.

Edit: I'm going to bed now, so I can carry on for a while in the morning or Rhombus can save some to his computer for now. I have saved all of MurMur's files within the first 10 pages of the Land Before Time subsection of Caption This, which is a total of 116 so far. I'll get the pixel count up on the ones I have tomorrow and see which ones are larger then the others so I can let you know, MurMur. :yes

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am currently saving and recording the Direct Links for pages 11-15.  I will give you the information via personal message when I am done.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If you guys want an extra hand,I'm willing. Just tell me what pages you want me to save.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nahla,Oct 16 2013 on  07:24 PM
If you guys want an extra hand,I'm willing. Just tell me what pages you want me to save.
I have finished pages 11 - 15 of MurMur's posts in the Land Before Time section of Caption This.  You may start on page 16 if you wish.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Pages 11-15 have been fixed (except for two topics). That's 54 topics.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I have uploaded all of the images of yours from pages 1-10 and 16-26, MurMur. I'll send you the links today if I can. :)

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Pages 1-15 have been fixed. Only 121 topics left. :)