The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Redclaw's Gang

brekclub85 · 501 · 46990

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Then I, as the leader of this heard, will be pick the destination of the finish line." Redclaw announced. He pointed his claw to the west, where a large rock formation could be made out.

"To Black Rock," he grinned.

"And no cheating!" Chomper added.

Aerodactyl

• Chomper
    • View Profile
"Ill sit and watch" Iron said as he snatched up a ground crawler.

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
"This looks like it could be fun" Fang said also sitting to watch. "Hmm, I think your gonna win" he said pointing at Longtail.

Nat continued to look around cautiously keeping an eye on the adult sharpteeth.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail gave a cocky grin and asked, "Define cheating... cause I AM a flyer after all."

Hunter however glared at Longtail and said, "Just don't do anything STUPID and I won't have to bite you later."

Terri chuckled quietly as she watched.
"This is going to be another good one. I wonder why these two are always trying to show up the other."

Dein sighed as he replied, "I don't know, but all their antics are going to attract ALOT of attention. I'm sure of that."

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Hey, if it's leafeaters they attract, we can eat them," Chomper smirked.

"As for cheating," Redclaw announced, "No clawing each others' eyes out."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter scoffed aloud. "That's easy, I know how to hold myself back. Longtail however has problems."

Longtail glared at Hunter.
"I do NOT have problems with self control! And I'll show you during our race!"

Both dinos looked at each other and roared as they looked up at Redclaw and said, "START THE RACE!" simultaneously.

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
Fang just stared at the two of them for a few seconds. "Wow, they have issues" he said aloud.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Redclaw roared to signal the beginning.

brittanytangle13

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://unfortantly i don't have one (i might try!)
hiding behind a tree was a girl. she was worried she might get eating. "no dinosaur never seen me before. as she has her hands close to her legs,and her tail and ears were up.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"This'll be fun to watch," Redclaw smirked as the race began.

Greg still slept peacefully on Dil's snout

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Both Longtail and Hunter shot off running as swiftly as they could, with Hunter quickly taking the lead as she had four legs and longer strides in her pace. Longtail knew this though and planned ahead. He spread his wings and using the air current from running so fast, he could feel the air pressure building under his feathers and with one flap of his wings, while still running pushed with his left talon, gaining a burst of speed shooting him way ahead of Hunter. However it was at that moment his eyesight shifted and he could see a group of dinosaurs, several of them in fact.
"And that gives me an idea." he said aloud.

Hunter however overheard his comment and despite the duo racing, she looked over and asked, "What are you talking about?!" She was too focused on the race to see what Longtail had seen, but she grinned as she once again took the lead. "Doesn't matter I guess.. cause I win!" she said as she slid to a stop.

Longtail skidded to a stop next to Hunter, but he hadn't taken his eyes off of what he'd seen. He still had that goofy smile on his face almost as if he'd won anyway. "You remember the rules about this race right? Loser has to hunt for food... well I just secured MY spot in this gang." he said with a cocky almost over confident grin.

Hunter simply looked confused and tilted her head to the side. "What in the Great Beyond are you babbling about?" she asked quizzically.

Longtail flapped his wings taking flight and flew right back to the others with a smile as he said with pride, "I lost... so guess what I get to do... point you right towards dinner!" he said as he used his tail to point out exactly where the small bunch of children dinos were. "Nice and easy pickings." he said with a laugh.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We sure go out to the Mysterious Beyond a lot," Cera commented, not knowing what wasn't far away from them.

"It's for the sake of exploring," Littlefoot smiled.

"Yup yup yup," Ducky nodded.

Little did the gang know they would have a new destination soon enough...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As he rode on his friends head Petrie grinned as he could see what looked like another flyer in the distance. "Hey me think me see another flyer!" he called out to his friends.

Longtail however was still pointing with his tail towards the small group of dinosaurs walking through the Mysterious Beyond. He continued to smile as if he'd found something wonderful and then asked openly, "So Redclaw, can I hunt or what?" he then looked down at Hunter and stuck his tongue out at her and laughed immediately afterwards. "Time for a snack I think." he said with a wink.

Hunter couldn't help but be absolutely impressed. "Well kid... you really do have some skills. I may have to start taking you seriously after all." Hunter then stepped forward and sighed. "I won the race... and yet he still is the winner. Where's the fun in that?" she asked herself.

Dein looked down at Hunter with a warm smile. "If it makes you feel any better after Redclaw, you can have the first bite.... if there's anything left that is."

Hunter looked up and nodded her head. "thank you." she whispered with a smile.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Thank you, brother," Redclaw smiled to Dein, "Though if it's something small....I may just swallow them down whole!" He turned to Longtail, "You can hunt, new recruit."

"Let's go talk to this flyer," Littlefoot nodded to Petrie.

"Say, what happens if a sharptooth doesn't chew his food?" Chomper asked his mom, as Greg snoozed on

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Dein grinned at the thought. I remember the last small meal you had. You were hungry again only a short time later right?" he asked with a laugh.

Terri leaned over and nuzzled CHomper before replying to her sons question. "Well if a sharptooth doesn't chew their food, chances are good it will try to climb its way out... but that never works. Is there anything else you want to know Chomper?" she asked softly.

Longtail grinned baring his teeth as he replied, "I'm half Sharptooth... of course I can hunt! You just watch me!" He then turned his head in the direction of the hatchlings he'd seen earlier and taking in a whiff of the air his grin widened till it hurt his face as he commented, "And they're heading right for us... oh this is a grand day for me!" He then faced Redclaw and nodded his head. "Follow me glorious leader!"

Dil for her part was happy to hear what was going on, and once the mention of food was brought up she was concerned with waking her son who was still perched on her nose, but she choose to risk moving and walked over to the others. "So is food assured this time? Or is it just small enough to be a snack again?"

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Looks like a snack to me," Rita said, looking in the distance.

Around the leafeaters, a familiar face showed up.

"Hey Ruby, didn't expect to see you here," Cera said.

"Yeah, no kidding, kidding there is none," Ruby replied. The fast runner seemed to be giving a signal to the sharpteeth, who the kids didn't see yet.

"I was hoping for something bigger," Ichy sighed.

"You have a way with words," Redclaw chuckled, liking the title Longtail gave him.

Ari, Ichy's daughter, decided to take a nap herself.

What the 5 didn't know was that Ruby's family had....made a deal

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail grinned. "A snack yes, but still they don't see Red Claw, and that is all we need to surprise them." he then noticed Ruby with them. "And a fast runner... I heard they are hard to catch."  So Red Claw, how much closer do they need to get before you strike?" he asked softly.

Dil smiled as she noticed Ari taking a nap too. "Hey Longtail, you wanna take a nap too? Seems like our young ones are getting sleepy."

Terri looked confused for a moment, almost as if the group of hatchlings coming towards them seemed familiar.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Just a few more feet," Redclaw smirked Longtail, "And don't get the fast runner....she's actually working with us, you see."

"Mmmmm.....they sure smell tasty," Chomper and Rita smiled

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Got it boss." commented Longtail with a sly grin.

Dill couldn't help but chuckle lightly at hearing Chompers remark. "They certainly do don't they?"

Both Terri and Dein were lying down on the ground being as still as possible so as not to give their hiding spot away to the approaching hatchlings.