The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How much sleep do you get?

oogaboo · 16 · 2562

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Sleep. It’s something I should be doing every night; it affects everything from my mood to my quality of life. They say that the recommended amount of sleep is eight hours. I often try to get eight hours of sleep, but sometimes I'll end up sleeping for seven hours or over sleep for ten hours. Their are times when I feel drowsy whenever I wake up or I end up feeling restless later in the night.

I hate sleeping less than seven hours. It amazes me of how some people can manage life with only four hours of sleep. I can't even imagine myself living like that. I knew a guy name Juan whom sleeps for only five hours and drinks coca-coffee every morning.

How much sleep do you get? Do you enjoy the amount of sleep you get?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Hmm....I'd say I sleep roughly 6-9 hours, but that's just a guess. It varies. Some nights I get better sleep.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I don't sleep a whole lot, most of the time I'll go to sleep at about 1 - 2 AM and wake up at about 4:30 - 5 AM.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Between 8 and 9 hours most of the time but with variations.

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I get about ten hours of sleep. :DD

I spend about a hour in bed know on my iPod Touch because it takes a long time for me to drop of to sleep.

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
When I have school: 5 or 6 hours and a midday nap which lasts 1-3 hours
In the holidays: 11 or 12 hours

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
It really sucks for me.  If I sleep 6-14 hours, I'm extremely tired and it feels like I never even went to sleep.  But if I sleep less than 6 hours I feel fine.  unfortunately I get really tired within 10 hours and have to go back to sleep, which totally f***s up my schedule.  If I get more than 14 hours I have to stay awake at least 24 hours which also screws up my schedule (essentially totally flipping it).  So I can either be tired 24/7 and live on a "normal" schedule or live on no schedule at all and feel rested.  My life is a living hell when it comes to sleep.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
From what I heard, there are some people who don't sleep a wink and they're able to function fine. It might be genetics or something. Different people can do better at different hours of sleep.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jun 2 2012 on  07:00 PM
From what I heard, there are some people who don't sleep a wink and they're able to function fine. It might be genetics or something. Different people can do better at different hours of sleep.
I remember learning in a college psychology course that some people remain in stage four and even stage five sleep the entire time they are asleep, and need less sleep because their bodies rest up faster, rather than going through all the REM cycles and waking up.

This is what the doctors I've seen in the past think it is.  Ever since I could remember, I could go to bed around two in the morning and get up at five or six in the morning to get ready for school and now work.  I just brew some coffee and off I go :lol.  During the two times a year I do a body cleanse, I have to go without caffeine for two weeks, but still my sleep cycles remain the same :p.

The only drawback to remaining in deeper sleep stages is that you have a tendency to have nightmares a lot, and sometimes sleep terrors :confused.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd say on average I fall asleep at about 2:30 AM and wake up at 9:30, so like 7 hours. I've actually gotten as little as about 4-5 hours of sleep and I still feel fine the next day. In fact I prefer having too little sleep every other night, because it makes the next night so much easier to fall asleep.

And nightmares are a funny thing with me. I'm really afraid of certain things, but I never ever have nightmares about them. The only things I have nightmares about are totally random, things I have no idea where they come from :blink:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Not a whole lot, especially not in the summer. I'm a very light sleeper and wake up from the slightest rays of sunlight. Luckily, I am a morning person :p during summertime I get roughly 7 hours of sleep

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm best at 10 hours of sleep, but I can live at 7 hours.  Less than that, and I don't feel well the entire day.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jun 3 2012 on  10:34 AM
Between 8 and 9 hours most of the time but with variations.
That's like me right now, depending on the bed I'm sleeping in as well.  If it's at my mum's in the foldout bed, sleep is difficult to get....it's not the best anyway.  But if it's at my grandparents....8 hours of sleep straight easily for sure, give or take waking up at least once throughout the night, but then falling asleep again.

But for me, 8 hours of sleep is the best anyway, between 8 and 9 hours of sleep anyway.  And it's weird too, anymore than that and I can't really sleep properly anymore, as in, sort of sleeping, but in reality, I would just be trying to sleep some more when I can't.

So example, I go to bed at say, 9:30pm, I tend to wake up, without an alarm, at around 7am myself....6am for my job, which gives me at least the 8 hours worth of sleep, minimum.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
Today, 5.5 hours, cause my roommate thought it would be funny to dump ice water on my face while I was sleeping.

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
I heard that 3 hours can be enough.There are people who can do it with some kind of meditation,and there were also experiments with magnetic waves that probably can have the same effect.

Anyway,I sleep6-8 hours.I can fall asleep easily,and it's pretty hard to wake me up.I don't wake up becose of light,and you can shot with a cannon near to me I don't mind  :lol

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I sleep in cycles that are exactly 90 minutes long, that is I sleep 4.5, 6, 7.5 or 9 hours, and my awakening is punctual to the minute (under 4.5 and over 9 hours it is no longer as precise).