The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

After the Storm

Pterano · 44 · 9617

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
you really have aged , then/' Zula sighed. ' you didnt act like this when you first moved in ' Zula said as she drove down the street. "What do you think is causing it? we could take you to a doctor, have you checked out. Mukua thinks we need to find out why you are , well aging so rapidly. its like that movie where the kid ages 4 times faster than normal. where hes 40 by 10 and 72 by 18. "Zula said. "Perhaps broadstreet could give you a desk job then? you said you wanted to be a cop, right? not every cop walks a patrol, after all."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"I've had doctors look into it, and frankly, with my medical history there's basically no way to know," Emilena admitted. "The prevailing theory is it's a side effect of the Growth Acceleration procedure, but it could also be from how many times I've recovered in suspended stasis pods. It might even be from all that psionic healing my former partner gave me, who knows how that worked." In general she tried not to go into detail with anyone on her checkered past, but she and Zula had spent too many nights drinking wine and idly chatting that eventually everything just came up in conversation.

She leaned back in her seat, feeling the adrenaline rush from her post office trip wearing off. "And we can't really risk a hospital visit right now, not when there are people trying to kill me. Frankly, now that I'm armed I've been strongly considering striking out alone, I don't want to bring harm on you and your roommate." I just wish I had some sort of clue on how to start investigating them back...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 01:10:04 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
" striking out alone isnt a good idea, particularly with people after you. There's safety in having allies and a place to rest your head. further,  hospitals have security and doctors who can find out what is the - well, 'problem' isnt the right word, though.   Health issue" works better.' Zula said. ' If we dont get a handle on your condition, soon, you wont be able to do much of anything, you'll look, and feel like 100 years old.  Won;t be able to evade your pursers much at that point.Granted they may not think it sporting or worth it to bag a 100 year old lady." Zula said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"You wouldn't be able to afford all the doctors I've already seen about this. No offense." Emilena shielded her eyes from the setting sun; they were almost back to the apartment. "It's just something I have to live with."

They were almost home to Zula's apartment, and Emilena was feeling uncharacteristically tired even for this early in the evening. "I appreciate you and Murkua sticking your necks out for me," she added, just in case her last comment sounded flippant. "You don't need to be doing any of this, and I wish I could repay you. If I'm ever fully in the clear, it's the first thing I plan to do."