The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Dreams Thread

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I dreamt I was playing a first-person shooter game with a friend. Except that we ourselves were controlling the characters directly and we were standing in their place, firing with our weapons directly, etc. It seemed like it was sort of a virtual reality thing. It was just me versus my friend; a one-on-one match to see who could rack up the most kills. The game itself was a lot like the Nintendo 64 game Perfect Dark, which is probably what inspired my dream. I used to play that game so much as a kid. :wub (although I haven't played it now in quite a while, so it's interesting that I would dream about it again recently.) The environment was this futuristic base that was built into the side of a ravine. Similar to the "Ravine" multiplayer map in the actual Perfect Dark game, although in my dream it appeared somewhat different.

Perhaps the most interesting thing about this dream, however, was the way it started and ended. I woke up partway into the dream. But then I fell back asleep again, and the dream actually picked up right where it left off, which was pretty cool!

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Perhaps the most interesting thing about this dream, however, was the way it started and ended. I woke up partway into the dream. But then I fell back asleep again, and the dream actually picked up right where it left off, which was pretty cool!
This happens to me rarely, but it's always a treat when it does. Whether or not it becomes a lucid dream at that point is 50/50, too.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
That’s actually very cool Stardust, the dream split into two like that. Unfortunately for me, I haven’t had any further dreams or any ones that I remember. Seems like all of us had a small lapse in dreamland however.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ayyy, I recently had a dream just yesterday morning. After waking up, I went back to sleep and dreamt in just minutes, like wow. Okay, but here’s what happened.

I was still in my bed, I was awake, and I couldn’t move or get up for about 20 seconds for some reason. It’s kinda like sleep paralysis, but without the scary sounds of hallucinations. But finally after trying for awhile, I eventually got up and did my morning routine. After coming back from the bathroom, I went to open my IPad. It flashed 163% for one second before appearing as 63% as it should show. Yep, I definitely knew I was dreaming right there and then. My fingers looked blurry as well, also indicating a dream, which is why I got my passcode wrong multiple times. When I finally unlocked my IPad, I was greeted with a message, “50% Episode service limit left.” Weird, considering the prompt came from the IPad itself. Anywho, I also checked some kind of weird social media platform that I had apparently. I also saw that I had messages previously sent from a conversation I had with someone. When I saw the amount of friends I had on there, it was three. I’m probably suspecting...Owls, Stardust, and Anagnos...probably reminiscent of who I considered to be the closest to me personally on the GOF. This is more of speculation than anything since I never saw the identities or usernames of the friends, but who knows?
:olittlefoot

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
An exam was at 2pm. I willingly left late for the venue. The sheer panic of realizing I wouldn't reach the venue on time as time ticked down... wow.

This one was so bad that when I woke up and fell asleep again, I ended up continuing the same nightmare, realized it, and promptly jolted myself out of bed early. It was nerve-wracking.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Not a pleasant experience, Owls. Yikes. :(

Hmm...I wonder Owls. For some dreams that I have, when I realize it’s a dream, for some reason I would still continue on with what I was doing (as if I never knew I was dreaming in the first place), or I would try to do something to change the dream, only to fail miserably and be disappointed as the dream abruptly ends.

Do I need to meet very specific requirements in order to truly control a dream?

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Not a pleasant experience, Owls. Yikes. :(

Hmm...I wonder Owls. For some dreams that I have, when I realize it’s a dream, for some reason I would still continue on with what I was doing (as if I never knew I was dreaming in the first place), or I would try to do something to change the dream, only to fail miserably and be disappointed as the dream abruptly ends.

Do I need to meet very specific requirements in order to truly control a dream?
That's lucid dreaming, and often when you affect the circumstances of a dream you're semi-conscious, so I find that it's surprisingly easy to spring free from a dream.

Anywho, I also checked some kind of weird social media platform that I had apparently. I also saw that I had messages previously sent from a conversation I had with someone. When I saw the amount of friends I had on there, it was three. I’m probably suspecting...Owls, Stardust, and Anagnos...probably reminiscent of who I considered to be the closest to me personally on the GOF. This is more of speculation than anything since I never saw the identities or usernames of the friends, but who knows?
join discord lol

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Anywho, I also checked some kind of weird social media platform that I had apparently. I also saw that I had messages previously sent from a conversation I had with someone. When I saw the amount of friends I had on there, it was three. I’m probably suspecting...Owls, Stardust, and Anagnos...probably reminiscent of who I considered to be the closest to me personally on the GOF. This is more of speculation than anything since I never saw the identities or usernames of the friends, but who knows?
join discord lol

If you’re wondering, that weird social media platform I saw doesn’t even exist in real life, and it definitely wasn’t Discord.

But how can I PM message you there? I actually find it quite fun. :D

Perhaps if you beg me enough, then I’ll consider. :p

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
But how can I PM message you there? I actually find it quite fun. :D
You can PM on Discord. :p

Even make small little DM groups lol. :Mo

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I had another dream just two nights ago, a relatively short one though. I remember my brother and I hiding in my room with weapons that resemble the ones in a game called Doom (1993). He had a chaingun, and I had a shotgun. We were both anticipating an intruder to come through that pink door, and when the timing was right, we opened the door and aimed our weapons at the sorry person that tried to invade our home. Weirdly enough, nothing was waiting behind it. I was sort of disappointed, and the dream ended promptly after that.

Looks like I won’t be killing any demons just yet. :(

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I haven't had any distinct dreams in a while, but rather a series of extremely peculiar ones for like two weeks or so. Everything in those dreams seems to happen randomly without any sense of direction at all. It makes waking up in the morning quite awkward when I try to recall what I saw last time. :p

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Congratulations @ImpracticalDino. You appeared in another one of my dreams last night.

I dreamt that you and I were playing Minecraft together, only it was like no Minecraft game that I’ve ever played before. You were chasing after me for some reason and I was trying to get as far away from you as I could. I guess it was like a game of tag or something? Anyway, initially I was quite far away and I thought for sure that I’d be able to escape from you no problem. But then I could see your username bar appear in the distance (and you could see mine) and then you slowly started to catch up to me. I kept running so I could get away from you; I ran through this peaceful village and then through a forest, but you kept getting closer and closer.

Then I wound up inside this tower, which strangely bore a lot of resemblance to the swimming pool viewing gallery at my university. By then you were quite close to me, but I had a trap ready. I pulled this switch and made you fall through a crack in the floor. I thought for sure I’d be able to escape you then. However, I ended up getting lost inside the tower and couldn’t find my way back out. Then you caught up with me anyway and tagged me, and so then I lost the game. :p

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This dream started off inside the Mad Max universe. All around it was a consistently barren desert wasteland, with all these biker gangs and other people with weird costumes, just like in the movies. Unfortunately I can’t remember a lot of specifics beyond that, but it was pretty cool. Interesting that I’d dream about Mad Max considering that I haven’t seen any of those movies in years.

But then that aspect of the dream faded away and then I was in my own city, although it was still hot and desert-like out. I was in this park down at the river bottom. It was at an actual real-life park in my city, although in my dream it appeared somewhat different. Then Anagnos unexpectedly called my cell phone. Except his first name was "Freddy" for some reason. :! But in the dream I still knew it was Anagnos somehow. Then Mumbling joined the call as well, so then we had a 3-way phone call going on. We arranged that we were all going to meet up in the park to hang out together. Alas, however, the dream ended soon after, so I didn’t get to see how that would’ve played out. :cry :p

Either way, congrats @Anagnos and @Mumbling. Now you guys have the honour of appearing in Stardust’s crazy dreams as well. :)littlefoot

Anyway, I woke up for a bit, then I fell back asleep and had another dream. I was in my city again, only this time instead of it being desert-like, it was now in the dead of the winter. Complete opposite setting. I was walking across this icy lake in my city. Even though it was -25C out and the lake should’ve been ice solid, the ice still cracked and I fell through. Yikes! Although thankfully I was able to pull myself back out of the freezing water.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Either way, congrats @Anagnos and @Mumbling. Now you guys have the honour of appearing in Stardust’s crazy dreams as well. :)littlefoot

I am honoured  :wub

My dreams are generally non-sensical or too private to share here, but I enjoy reading all of yours  :PCera

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@StardustSoldier: Wait...so it was only a game of tag, and it wasn't me pursuing you on a chase to kill a hapless victim? Pity, what a shame. I'm disappointed in my dream self. If I was actually there, I probably would've spared your life when I caught up to you...if you didn't activate that trap in the university that is. But yeah, I really enjoyed reading the description of the dream you had though. It was satisfying to know that you're having just as fun with me in your dreams as you do in real life. :D

By the way, do you remember what my username tag said, if at all possible? :chompysmile

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
lol, tonight, in five-parts story dream, me and many other characters stormed alternate version of my house, opposing Freddy Krueger! 0_0
And we won, and he got arrested! XD
Still dunno, why one couple brought friggin cow with us, and how did it fit inside small 4-men elevator, together with others... They didn't give me clear answer when I asked about that. XD

Three first parts were horror themed, 3rd person perspective, fourth were not-scary already, where my character appeared and it turned to 1st person perspective in the mid of story progress, and last one, where we gathered and went after Freddy, turned into some kind of road adventure movie.

----------

BTW, guys, what places you appear in your dreams are the most common?
For me, it's 1000000 versions of my house and its nearest neighborhood. Elevators, horizontal and verical ones, and its shafts are the most popular part in my dream. XD
Second popular place - underground and subway tunnels. It was the time when I used to ride spiral wall escalators, but for some reason, I have met them extremely rarely in last years...  :thinking
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 05:26:39 AM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@Sneak: My golly, what a dream you had there! :wow

My most common dream locations reside either at home or at school for me. Yeah, boring and common locations. :lol

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I have such dreams constantly. :P

heh, guess I so hated school during my study so I rarely had dreams about this place. XD
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412