The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

favorite tv show and why

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
mine would have mythbusters because they proved you can dynomaite to clear small chunks of cement from a cement truck

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
mine would be Night Rider I love that show. K.I.T.T. is a coolest car too. I liked the episode "Galiath" with that 18 weeler diesle.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Those Mythbusters do some really crazy things...and get paid for it too.  :p

To pick one favorite is nearly impossible in my case since I don't have the tv on much these days....so its whatever catches my interest...Scooby Doo, Who Wants to Be A Millionaire, ESPN Classic Bowling, etc....

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Like, Adam, I rarely watch TV (when I'm at home, I'm at my computer 95% of the time, unless I'm eating or sleeping).

I like to watch Hockey if my home team, the Flames, are playing.  I enjoy a variety of TV shows, such as The Simpsons, Futurama, Dr. Phil (it's on at work sometimes, during my break, and it's interesting), local news, comedies, etc.  I don't normally follow, nor particularily get interested in, world news.  I'm not especially political on a large scale.  I enjoy "So You Think You Can Dance" and "Canadian / American Idol" if I ever catch them on, as well.

If we're talking random, uncommon TV shows, my favorite has to be Captain Star.  It's an animated comedy about a starship captain and his crew, when they were forced to land on a planet at the edge of the universe.  The show isn't as childish as the website may make it out to be.  For example, their starship is called the "Boiling Hell".  Also, one episode involved huge amounts of suspence when their entire planet was at the brink of being flung off its orbit into the void of space.  This threat was there throughout most of the episode, so there was large amounts of suspence.

Here's a link to the largest (and one of the only) pages about it:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/3365/
It only ran for 1 season, I believe, but it was rather entertaining.  I'd love to find the season on DVD (or VHS) but it doesn't seem to exist.

Has anyone else seen or heard of Captain Star?  It's a Canadian show, so I doubt it left our borders.

I almost forgot: Another funny show?  Home Improvement. :lol I loved that one.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Does it have to be something that are still running, or can it be something that's been cancelled?

My favorites shows that have ended:

1. Eerie, Indiana
2. Remington Steele
3. Home Improvement
4. Due South
5. Early Edition
6. JAG
7. Night Court
8. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
9. The Land of the Lost (the 70s series)
10. Hercules: The Incredible Journies
11. The Adventures of Brisco County, jr.
12. The Jack of All Trades
13. Rawhide
14. Funniest Home Videos during Bob Sagat's Years as the Host
15. The Twilight Zone
16. Strange Days at Blake Holesy High
17. Are You Afraid of the Dark?
18. Scout's Safari
19. Regis and Kathy Lee
20. The orginal Addams Family
21. The Andy Griffith Show
22. Bonanza
23. Gunsmoke
24. Quantum Leap
25. Mystery Science Theater 3,000
26. SeaQuest
27. Little House on the Prairie

My Favorite Shows That Are Still Running:

1. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (and the only true "CSI" show by my opinion)
2. Numb3rs (This isn't leet speak, the '3' in the place of the 'e' is actually in the title.)
3. Cold Cases
4. Without a Trace
5. Law and Order: Criminal Intent
6. NCIS
7. Mythbusters
8. Regis and Kelly

As you can see, I'm not impressed by most of what's curently out there.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
3. Home Improvement
5. Early Edition
14. Funniest Home Videos during Bob Sagat's Years as the Host
17. Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Good choices! :D

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
also beleive it or not the mythbusters proved you can make fire with a sphere made out of clear ice. i found that awesome!

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Mythbusters is definitely on my list of favorites.  My other favorites is Unwrapped from the Food Network channel and Avatar:  the Last Airbender from Nickelodeon.  I have other favorites, just not as big as these three.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Oh yeah, "Mythbusters" is definitely tops on my list of non-fictional shows. My avorite episode is when they were busting the Hollywood heists!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
any ever see a show called weird us on the history channel? great show!!!  B)