The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Journey of the Brave (LBT 14)

Mumbling · 763 · 111826

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
^I’ve noticed Sharpteeth are getting shorter screentime since LBTXI. I love the Horned Sharptooth, his behavior and sound (if you listen closely) is very Original Sharptooth. I agree he got too little screentime; I would have preferred he be the sole antagonist and they omit the Featherheaded Sharpteeth and gave the Horned Sharptooth their screen time. Instead of thd Land of the Featherhead Shadpteeth, it could have been called The Land of Shadow or the Land of the Horned Sharptooth and they could have made allusions to him being like a devil of sorrs.

I agree that the Digger bit was too short and did not have totally satisfying conclusion. Cesar Petrie was too shorf, and I would have preferred that Petrie order the Diggers to help find the underwater and cave system that lead to Bron.
Exactly my points! And the Horned Sharptooth being treated like a devil sounds like an awesome setup for an antagonist such as that! Can't see why they didn't go that route.

They didn't even HAVE to use the word "devil" if they wanted to avoid any religious connotations; there are plenty of synonyms they could've used.

It would have been far more engaging to have a sharptooth that reminds the Gang of the original, oppose to the more tame specimens we’ve had. They could have used LBT language for “devil” like “Shadowwalker” because of his dark complexion or Shadowtooth. Something.
Shadowwalker sounds like a GREAT name.

I saw on your LBT Wiki page you have a epic Sharptooth Spectra!
Sorry, I'm not following...

Sorry my mistake.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I find it odd how Tress MacNeille got fired as both Petrie and Ducky's Mother.

Was she just considered not good enough after a 7 year hiatus or did they prefer to used 2 of the already hired voice cast?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 09:07:10 AM by Enchanted-Valley96 »

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I find it odd how Tress MacNeille got fired as both  Petrie and Ducky's Mother.

Was she just considered not good enough after a 7 year hiatus or did they prefer to used 2 of the already hired voice cast?

It could also be because, like you said, it was on a 7 year hiatus and they simply wished to bring fresh voice actors into it, but I kinda see your point of it being unnecessary. People age, and that likely may have played a part as well.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Has anyone pointed out how this movie is in a way a reverse mirror of the original? Plotwise, of course.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
well, if you mean "Littlefoot with his parent - being without his friends - joining friends - travel - great valley" sequence, then well, there's some mirriring, partly.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
well, if you mean "Littlefoot with his parent - being without his friends - joining friends - travel - great valley" sequence, then well, there's some mirriring, partly.

That's what I mean. Even the part when Littlefoot and Cera fight is mirrored.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile

I also noticed the similarity...Littlefoot and Cera fight, and then the Gang splits up, with Littlefoot on his own and Cera leading the others. I thought that latter detail was kind of an absurd thing to rehash. (Ducky, Petrie, Spike--what on earth are you guys siding with Cera again for?? You've learned how that goes!) If there was one problem I had with XIV, it was that.
Fortunately, though, that was the only big problem I had with XIV! :Mo I enjoyed the rest of the movie enough that I was able to roll my eyes at the rehashed bit and move on. Ever since the franchise seemed to end on the disappointing note that was XIII, I'd been dreaming (sometimes literally!) about a new LBT movie happening, so finding out XIV was going to happen, anticipating its release, and finally getting my hands on it brought back all the feels for me!

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason

I also noticed the similarity...Littlefoot and Cera fight, and then the Gang splits up, with Littlefoot on his own and Cera leading the others. I thought that latter detail was kind of an absurd thing to rehash. (Ducky, Petrie, Spike--what on earth are you guys siding with Cera again for?? You've learned how that goes!) If there was one problem I had with XIV, it was that.
Fortunately, though, that was the only big problem I had with XIV! :Mo I enjoyed the rest of the movie enough that I was able to roll my eyes at the rehashed bit and move on. Ever since the franchise seemed to end on the disappointing note that was XIII, I'd been dreaming (sometimes literally!) about a new LBT movie happening, so finding out XIV was going to happen, anticipating its release, and finally getting my hands on it brought back all the feels for me!

I felt the same way, it was so disappointing to let it end on XIII. Too bad XIV wasn't enough to kick the franchise back up. But I believe we'll get a remake or a new tv series, even if it takes another ten years to do so.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well if Universal knows that it can make money from releasing another movie they will.

But the wait may be a long time yet.

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
If the 3rd Jurassic World movie a d Netflix spin-off hits it big I think they might try some tie-ins. But I am no marketing expert, so it's only a hope I have. :OhYou

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
If the 3rd Jurassic World movie a d Netflix spin-off hits it big I think they might try some tie-ins. But I am no marketing expert, so it's only a hope I have. :OhYou

You know, Netflix seems like it could be a promising outlet for the LBT franchise! Lots of other old cartoons have been getting new movies and TV shows there!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

One can hope, although I expected LBTXV when “JW: Fallen Kingdom,” came out. I hope Universal capitalizes on all things dinosaur.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason

You know, Netflix seems like it could be a promising outlet for the LBT franchise! Lots of other old cartoons have been getting new movies and TV shows there!

The Land Before Time is now on Netflix, not sure if all the movies or just the original one, since I'm not a subscriber, but that might be a good sign for things to come. We used to have an inside man in the forum, don't remember his nickname. Is he still around?

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

The Land Before Time is now on Netflix, not sure if all the movies or just the original one, since I'm not a subscriber, but that might be a good sign for things to come. We used to have an inside man in the forum, don't remember his nickname. Is he still around?

Perhaps they will add the rest of the movies over time. That seems like the most logical approach as it would make people inquire why only the original was added to Netflix.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile

Perhaps they will add the rest of the movies over time. That seems like the most logical approach as it would make people inquire why only the original was added to Netflix.
They'd be fools not to include all the LBT movies eventually. There's just too much of them, and there are people who'll wonder why the original is taking precedence when they have favorites among the sequels.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

They'd be fools not to include all the LBT movies eventually. There's just too much of them, and there are people who'll wonder why the original is taking precedence when they have favorites among the sequels.

I can understand that people may expect their favorites to come out immediately, but they're setting themselves up for disappointment. Like I said, the most logical approach is to release them chronologically, but don't count the possibility out of seeing them sooner than anticipated just yet. It will take months or even years before all of the sequels are on Netlix.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile

I can understand that people may expect their favorites to come out immediately, but they're setting themselves up for disappointment. Like I said, the most logical approach is to release them chronologically, but don't count the possibility out of seeing them sooner than anticipated just yet. It will take months or even years before all of the sequels are on Netlix.

Isn't it based on how much they want to pay for the rights?

It's not that tons of people don't want to watch the sequels up until the 14th but if Netflix buys the rights to sequels that most people wouldn't have interest in watching then they would see it as a waste of an investment.

The original is still very popular compared to the sequels in terms of audience viewing and the sequels saw a decline in interest the more DVDs came out. 

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile

It's not that tons of people don't want to watch the sequels up until the 14th but if Netflix buys the rights to sequels that most people wouldn't have interest in watching then they would see it as a waste of an investment.

The original is still very popular compared to the sequels in terms of audience viewing and the sequels saw a decline in interest the more DVDs came out. 
That's still sad, though. The kids of the newest generation will be missing out on 13 movies of world-building.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

That's still sad, though. The kids of the newest generation will be missing out on 13 movies of world-building.

I agree. So many films has allowed each member of the Gang to get flushed out as characters. I really hope Journey of the Brave is not the end.

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

I agree. So many films has allowed each member of the Gang to get flushed out as characters. I really hope Journey of the Brave is not the end.

This gave me a thought. Doesn't Netflix have like a metric ton of shows for kids and toddlers of questionable content already? Clearly, there is a high demand for family friendly entertainment. They've also had huge success bringing back things like HTTYD and Jurassic World with Camp Cretaceous.

If they could get the rights, they basically have a free, episodic show on their hands, and a fairly high quality one too. They could release the sequels chronologically one a time to amp up interest. I think the movies would hold up well.

Not sure about the TV show since I haven't seen any of it.