The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mr. Stick adventure (chapter 1)

Sneak · 451 · 46311

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Maybe there's something written on the box that has the glowing paint. Could Mr. Stick turn off the lights?

Mr. Stick decides to find out if cardboard box has signs of fluorescent paint. He takes the box and makes sure that every side was lit by lights.

Then he turns off the lights and starts to inspect it.

Nothing.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 07:18:49 AM by Sneak »

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
On the upper floor, there is a corner hole on the right side of the room. Can Mr. Stick insert the metal box into the corner hole if it's placed in the right direction?
Go Chomper!

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
On the upper floor, there is a corner hole on the right side of the room. Can Mr. Stick insert the metal box into the corner hole if it's placed in the right direction?

Mr. Stick checks the hole.

No. Hole is smaller then metal box.
Only single corner can be placed here a very little under some angle.

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Just to see if there is anything outside of the room, how about Mr. Stick knocks hard on the door and see if he gets a response.
Go Chomper!

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just to see if there is anything outside of the room, how about Mr. Stick knocks hard on the door and see if he gets a response.

Mr. Stick just realized he never tried to knock the door, cry for help, demand to let him out or do something to make somebody who can be here somewhere to hear him.

He decides to knock the door and ask if someone there.

He hears nobody and nothing.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 09:09:39 PM by Sneak »

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Okay, that last post was just to see if maybe he wasn't alone. I figured it wouldn't do anything, but you never know.

Okay, after looking back at some of the old pictures from this game, I noticed something quite odd. In the top right corner of the room, there is what looks like a security camera. I think that someone is watching Mr. Stick!  :o (Scary music plays.) I have the picture below that had the possible security camera.

If Mr. Stick takes the long metal stick with screw on the end, can he poke the top right corner, in hopes that he will knock a panel off and reveal something?
Go Chomper!

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
<Good you noticed. :D >

If Mr. Stick takes the long metal stick with screw on the end, can he poke the top right corner, in hopes that he will knock a panel off and reveal something?

?

Mr. Stick looks at top right corner.

He doesn't see anything there, but still, he uses long metal rod to hit this area in hopes it will reveal something.

He can't reach very top. Even with jumping, he can't hit the ceiling. Though, hitting areas he can reach didn't get any results.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 05:18:10 PM by Sneak »

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Sorry to ask this, Sneak, but could I have a hint?
Go Chomper!

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
<Usually, I am radical about giving any hints, but maybe gamew is silent because nobody has an idea what to do, so... ok. I will try.>

Mr. Stick: Hmm, it seems I'm stuck again. What should I do next?..

What do I have in my inventory?

- big blank sheet of paper
- flashlight (without batteries)
- long thin rubber tube
- thin metal rod
- long metal stick with screw at the end
- strange looking tool, can be used as screwdriver
- small paper with strange symbols on it
- strong metal box
- two small batteries (their energy is almost empty)

Now, what room objects we have in two rooms?

Upper room:

- Simple door, with doorknob and keyhole. Can be opened with the KEY.
- Ordinary looking lamps.
- Lightswitch. Turns on and off the lights in the room.
- Some weird writings on walls that can be seen only in the darkness and only after they were lit with light for some time.
- Wall cache with hole for metal rod that activates button that controls hatch on the floor.
- Hole in the wall for metal rod. Used to open keyhole of wall cache.
- Thin corner hole. Look like nothing inside there now.
- Solid looking hatch, controlled by button in wall cache. When it is opened, there's shaft passage to lower room.

Lower room:

- Hole in the wall inside shaft passage.
- Set of wall ladders.
- Ordinary looking lamps.
- Lightswitch. Turns on and off the lights in the room.
- Some weird writings on walls that can be seen only in the darkness and only after they were lit with light for some time.
- Ordinary yellow cardboard box. Empty now.
- Large chest. Too heavy to move or attached to the floor. Empty now.
- Hole in the wall. Metal rod can be placed there. No visual effects was found so far.
- Button on the wall that can be moved inside the wall very deep. It threw out one item when it was pushed to its limit.

Looks like every item and room object I found here is for some purpose, if they're not to distract me, of course. So, here are items and room objects with unknown purpose, or their purpose is known (I think), but still there's need to do something with them:

- Door in upper room. I HAVE to find the KEY and open it.
- What's the meaning of some hidden writings?..
- What two holes in lower room are for?
- What big blank paper is for? There's no hiden writings on it, at least the same as on walls. Or was its sole purpose is to cover thin metal rod?..
- Purpose of the screw at the end of long metal rod?
- If the tool is just screwdriver, why it looks so strange and has extra tip?
- What mysterious symbols on small paper mean?
- This solid metal box has something inside... Maybe its purpose to be opened somehow?

Hmm...
I have a very strong feeling that I DIDN'T miss any clue or item in both rooms to make some progress. I hope, at least... So, it seems I have to do something with my current items and visible objects in rooms.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 09:13:26 AM by Sneak »

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Okay, if Mr. Stick takes the metal box, and pushes any of the sides, does a mechanism activate?
Go Chomper!

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, if Mr. Stick takes the metal box, and pushes any of the sides, does a mechanism activate?

Mr. Stick pushes every side of metal box, every screw-rivet, even tries to push two sides at the same time, looking for secret mechanism that would open the box...

Nothing happeend.
Looks like these rivets are not secret buttons, at least, he didn't feel like any of it can be pushed inside the box like a button. They are just rivets, and other no sign of secret mechanism can be seen in every side of the box. Maybe there's some super hidden secret lock, but he can't reveal it for now. Or maybe it should be opened with another way?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 04:48:10 AM by Sneak »

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Can Mr. Stick pull the red handle off the strange tool that can be used as a screwdriver? Maybe there is a hidden end to the tool.
Go Chomper!

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Can Mr. Stick pull the red handle off the strange tool that can be used as a screwdriver? Maybe there is a hidden end to the tool.

Mr. Stick tried to do something to the strange tool - pull / push/ turn diffeent parts of it.

Nothing. Seems it doesn't contain any secrets.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 06:31:38 AM by Sneak »

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
 I just noticed that the "Watch out" is written on the ceiling and not the wall. Can Mr. Stick poke the ceiling with the long metal stick? Maybe something will activate.
Go Chomper!

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just noticed that the "Watch out" is written on the ceiling and not the wall. Can Mr. Stick poke the ceiling with the long metal stick? Maybe something will activate.

Mr. Stick tries to touch and hit lightly this area of ceiling with long metal rod.

He couldn't see or hear anything unusual. Also, it didn't sound like there's some empty space behind this area.

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I saw earlier in this game that Mr. Stick had a square battery and a keycard that he inserted in the safe. I think that he should take those items out of the safe, and put them in his inventory. If it's possible, anyway.
Go Chomper!

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I saw earlier in this game that Mr. Stick had a square battery and a keycard that he inserted in the safe. I think that he should take those items out of the safe, and put them in his inventory. If it's possible, anyway.

Mr. Stick tries to take back batery and keycard from H-tech portable safe.

He succesfully takes the battery.
But can't take out the card from the slot. Safe ate the card and doesn't want to give it back.

<whoa, that was unexpected...>

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
If Mr. Stick places the square battery from the safe on various places on the metal box, does a mechanism activate?
Go Chomper!