The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

jassy’s Fanart

jassy · 359 · 43801

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
Beautiful perfect drawing!

Aww thank you Sneak!!  :DD

I started thinking of ideas for this month’s fanart prompt and decided Guido would be the main focus, but I then realized I’ve never drawn him before.  :facepalm Anyway, here’s everyone’s favorite awkward glider! I had a bit of trouble at first, especially with his head but he was still fun to draw. Also I apologize for my backgrounds always looking the same, I promise I’m trying to work on that  :oops

« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 12:02:50 AM by jassy »
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Ah, a feathered friend. :p

You're good with colors and shading, so the colors an apprehensive pose (twiddling fingers, ha!) look great. He does seem a little skinny, though, but maybe it's just me - his width is a little inconsistent in the series too. :)
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Ah, a feathered friend. :p

You're good with colors and shading, so the colors an apprehensive pose (twiddling fingers, ha!) look great. He does seem a little skinny, though, but maybe it's just me - his width is a little inconsistent in the series too. :)

I do love those feathered fiends  :bestsharptooth

Thanks Owls!  :DD That pose is like, peak Guido  :PCera and I can see how he might look a little skinny here, I actually used a bunch of different references of Guido for this drawing so I feel like that’s just the result of not having one clear reference to work from.  :thudstonk

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Rewatched LBT 10 today just for the nostalgia and ended up doodling Shorty and Petrie! I feel like these two would be pretty good friends  :smile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Never commented on you Guido drawing yet :p I really like the pose for him! I don't think you have to worry too much about the backgrounds since your style is to blur them out to give it a portrait style look. At least to me that makes it not so bad if some backgrounds look similar :smile

I really like the expression you gave Shorty for this one. He kinda has a half smile going on, which suits his character. One thing I should mention is that you more then likely wouldn't be able to see the darker green part of the back of his neck on both sides at the same time as it's fairly narrow compared to the rest of his neck. To get the turning look it would be better to have the darker green part rotate out of sight on the right side and then rotate into sight further down the neck on the left side. Don't forget the lighter green part as well! Looks good though!   :)petrie

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Beautiful! ^^

Both looks good and so kind.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Ooh, a Guido drawing! This guy doesn't get enough fanart! :)petrie I'm wondering if his wings are a little shorter than usual, but that's probably just due to mixed references, as you already mentioned. Other than that, he looks great! Typical adorkable Guido, you captured his personality to a T!

Shorty and Petrie really look great, too! I noticed the same thing about Shorty's neck coloring as Flathead did, but he's otherwise perfect, as is Petrie. It's nice to see a better side of Shorty!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 12:00:32 AM by RainbowFaceProtege »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Petrie and Shorty! Brillant job Jassy. I love how seamless the design and style is, it looks very similiar to the film animation style. Petrie is a fav of mine, so seeing him rendered in any medium is a joy. What I love about Shorty, other than his attitude is that he is green. The Gang of Seven lacks a character with this coloring, and I wish Shorty could be an honorary member of the Gang. :)

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Really like how you drew Guido! He is my favorite flyer next to Pterano! X) Also I am happy to see two characters in the franchise who you wouldn't see much together being drawn together.  :)petrie

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I love your art, jassy! Guido & Shorty look great :D Everyone else already mentioned the neck coloring on Shorty, so honestly there's nothing else to say. Great job :D

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks so much for all the nice comments, everyone! Yeah, I messed up on the coloring of Shorty’s neck, but it was too late to fix by the time I realized it.  :oops

Anyway, here’s my entry for the fanart prompt! I don’t really like how it turned out too much, but this was a hectic month and this comic was kinda rushed, so there’s my excuse.  :PCera Anyway, enjoy this comic of Nimble introducing her daughter Tula to her younger siblings. I wanted the comic to feature some canon characters, but I could not for the life of me come up with an idea. Hopefully it’ll suffice.  :bestsharptooth

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey you made it!  :)littlefoot

Rushed or not I think it looks good! I like half-asleep expression for Tula  :PCera I guess if I look at it more closely the one thing I would point out is that Nimble's neck seems like it's a little kinked in the first frame? Might've worked better if the neck was at a less sharp of an angle maybe. Otherwise I think this looks good!  :chompysmile

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
aww :3
beautiful heartwarming comic!
6/14
0/26

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I always like your colors as always! The night-time vibe and focus on family and a child hatching is really cute!
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Aww, what a sweet comic! As always, you do a great job drawing fast biters! Nice work!

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks for the nice comments guys! It really helped me feel better about this piece :Mo

this isn’t new artwork by any means, these are some messy doodles of Ruby I made back in 2018 and I don’t recall ever posting them here, so I’m doing it two years later instead. Sorry for the poor quality though  :OhYou

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I should really draw Ruby more often. It's a doodle so quality doesn't matter all too much. That being said they still look pretty good! I like messing around with expressions like this every now and then. Nice!

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Nice sketch of our lovely philoso(ovie)raptor Ruby.  :thinking
6/14
0/26

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
These look fantastic, Jassy! Ruby fanart is pretty rare, and you captured her expressions so well! She looks very thoughtful! :RubyCurious