The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Your most annoying Hollywood Trends

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
If there is one thing Hollywood is good at, it's aping a popular idea until people are so sick of it that everyone who was ever involved in the latest movement ends up broke in the long run, save for the executives and what few are able to escape with a career.

Here's mine:

What got me thinking about this is that all the young leading men coming into Hollywood right now all seem to be clones of one person: Zac Efron. "Hey, here's an idea! If we can't get the real deal to work on our film, we'll just find some other non-threatening nancy boy with that horrible helmet haircut, instead! He'll be every bit as lacking in talent as the original! We'll push the image on audiences everywhere until even the tweens just want these effeminate little buggers shipped off to the moon!"
I'm not one to notice or care about clothing or hair styles, but damn! That High School Musical era helmet hair is even more pervasively everywhere than The Rachel Cut was in the 90s!
And remember when you could actually tell the new blood coming into Holllywood apart? Seriously, Shia LaBeouf, Rupert Grint, and Taylor Laugtner are easily the most distinct of the current generation of young, leading actors!

So what is the trend that Hollywood enforced on us that annoyed you the most?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf