The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Song Project: Bestest Friends

action9000 · 141 · 13757

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sounds good, Pokeplayer! B)
I look forward to hearing your updates!

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay now I'm confused I got 2 versions of the song recorded it's YouSendIt I don't know how to make a file on there without it wanting me to send it to an e-mail address.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
send it to yourself.  There is an email sent to you with a link.  Copy and paste the link here and delete the email.

Saphireraptor

• Ruby
    • View Profile
uhmm i'm willing to sing either one, i really do like the end credits one though but i'lll record both versions either way ^^

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Mind if I join in guys? That song was actually one of my favorites. I'd like to do the end credits one. Do you know where I can find the background music that Action is using?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey KingdomKey, you're just in time! :D  Welcome to the party! :wow

Anywho, the link to the music is here:
http://action9000.homeip.net/Backup/Shared...nds%20Music.mp3
You may have to right-click and say "Save target as...", depending on how your computer is set up.

Details of the recording and the GoF songs in general can be seen here:
http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...?showtopic=1506

Have fun! B)

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks, which version is this? The ending one or the one done by the gang?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
You can sing either or both versions to this music. Nice to have you with us for this project KingdomKey23  :yes

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You can sing either or both versions to this music.
Malte is right.  Sing whichever set of lyrics you want.  Please just label your file indicating your username and which version you sang. Thanks! B)

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah, okay, thanks for clerfying that. Now I have to practice, practice, practice again. XD

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Unfortunately I could only do the movie version not the Olivia Newton John version. If I did that one to my dad would probably have to kick me out of the house. LOL ANyway I'm not to good at singing but please try to restrain yourself from coming to New Jersey and breaking my computer Microphone. ;)

I did 2 of them couldn't really make the Yousendit link as well as the others on this site did. Once again I'm sorry if this stinks if you want please feel free to offer advice on what I can for the next song to sound how do I put this.............. Better?

Best of friends version 1

Best of friends Version 2

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I hold a real problem.  I'm so used to listening to your music with insturment versions that I can't keep in sync without those insturments.  They're like a guide for me.  So, until I get a guide of some kind, I really can't do this. :(

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, I hold a real problem. I'm so used to listening to your music with insturment versions that I can't keep in sync without those insturments. They're like a guide for me. So, until I get a guide of some kind, I really can't do this.
I'll help you with that as soon as I can.  I misplaced the MP3 of the music with the instruments playing the melody.  In order to make another one, I need a bit of time to hook up my laptop and re-render the project to MP3.  I don't have time to do that right now, as I'm heading out soon but I'll post up one with instruments as soon as possible (hopefully tonight or tomorrow)!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Jun 10 2007 on  06:39 PM
Okay, I hold a real problem. I'm so used to listening to your music with insturment versions that I can't keep in sync without those insturments. They're like a guide for me. So, until I get a guide of some kind, I really can't do this.
I'll help you with that as soon as I can.  I misplaced the MP3 of the music with the instruments playing the melody.  In order to make another one, I need a bit of time to hook up my laptop and re-render the project to MP3.  I don't have time to do that right now, as I'm heading out soon but I'll post up one with instruments as soon as possible (hopefully tonight or tomorrow)!
Well I hope you do get it done soon, Action9000.  I really want to do this song and I seriously need the help. :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
hey Pokeplayer, sorry for the wait!  Here's the music:
(you may have to right-click and say "save target as..." depending on your computer)
http://action9000.homeip.net/Backup/Shared...TRUMENTS%20.mp3

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Jun 11 2007 on  09:55 PM
hey Pokeplayer, sorry for the wait!  Here's the music:
(you may have to right-click and say "save target as..." depending on your computer)
http://action9000.homeip.net/Backup/Shared...TRUMENTS%20.mp3
Thanks!  I'll hopefully have it ready by Friday. :)

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey, Action, I'm all set with the recording. I think it went pretty well.  :p So, can I mail it to you? Do you have a yahoo address?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Do you have a yahoo address?
I do but it's inactive.  I have Yahoo Messenger account which I use sometimes.It's action9000

If the file is under 10 MB, you can send it to action9000@hotmail.com or tmurray9@gmail.com.  You could also meet me on MSN at some point.

Otherwise you can send it through http://www.yousendit.com

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Bestest Friends

Best of Friends

And there are my own recordings.

Now, one thing you'll notice is how much longer Best of Friends, the End Credits version is longer than Bestest Friends, the Movie version.  I noticed this with the songs themselves and went with it.

Best of Friends holds a slower tempo and more than just a piano for insturments you hear in the background.  This is something I noticed that should be taken into consideration.  Just a heads up. :)

Well, I hope you guys enjoy these.

Know that I may not get another chance to do this before the deadline, so this is more than likely the moment of truth.  Here's hoping for the best. :)