The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I remember watching it as a kid, no particularly strong feelings for it but it certainly wasn't bad. I do know that it had two particular moments that probably barely registered for anyone else, but:

1. As a kid, I was traumatized by the episode where Rabbit ordered the bluebird to leave. This was so unbelievably sad that apparently I cried so hard I couldn't finish the episode, so for the longest time I had no clue that they get back together by the end. Genuinely not sure why it affected me that bad, I've rewatched it as an adult and it seems pretty tame, as does:

2. I was fucking terrified of the Horse Thief in that one western episode, and once again my adult self truly doesn't understand why. He was goofy as hell but apparently I was incredibly intimidated and once again unable to finish the episode due to fright. (Both of these would probably have been a lot easier on me if I'd actually watched to the end where their conflicts were resolved, lol)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 12:44:07 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Oh man, Buldur's Gate 3 for sure. It's insanely good, so much content and the writing/voice acting is next level. I highly recommend it to anyone, it deserves all the accolades it's getting and it's 100% moddable meaning there's gonna be third-party content to enjoy forever. I'm firmly convinced it's gonna be another Skyrim in the long run!

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What do you think of Steamboat Willie being in the public domain?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
It's crazy, I never thought it would happen! I think it's very good for the health of the western canon, works should enter into the public domain eventually, we are an inherently innovative species and we like having tried-and-true springboards to draw inspiration from.

I understand why everyone's hyperfocusing on Mickey, but in truth I think the more interesting opportunities come from the background characters who were never seen outside this specific short. While Mickey and Minnie are still protected by trademark, Ukelele Goat is genuinely 100% free to use now, you can do whatever you like with a bona fide Disney-original character. If I ever felt a need to interact with the opportunity, that's what I'd do, some sort of Flashman-style "further adventures/untold story" anthology for one of them.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 06:47:42 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Why did you write 17 letters to Universal knowing you were never gonna get a reply after the first or second?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Lollll because I was a naive little kid obsessed with the Land Before Time, and I figured if I just kept sending letters they’d have to reply eventually. Most of them were my childish ideas and suggestions for future movie plots, which in hindsight I now wonder if that was actively working against them, as replying to any could legally be seen as acknowledgment and would have hypothetically given me a case to sue for payment/credit if any of those ideas had coincidentally happened to appear in future movies.

Ironically the thing that made me give up wasn’t Universal’s silence, it was sending a single fan letter to Hasbro and receiving a $5 coupon for GI Joe merch. That fact that anyone had gotten back to me sated my easily-distracted prepubescent mind haha

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Would you ever write to any voice actors?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I really should! Some of them have had incredible performances, and they never get as much fan love as screen actors.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Have you ever headbanged to a Rock or Metal song before?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
What’s the most fun or exciting moment you’ve had this year thus far?  :ChomperOhhh

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Favourite My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
What’s the most fun or exciting moment you’ve had this year thus far?  :ChomperOhhh

I got to run a short campaign of Call of Cthulhu for my friends, it was really fun :D I'd run D&D before but CoC is so fun with its 1920s San Francisco setting and mystery/Lovecraft elements, been wanting to play it for years.

Favourite My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season?

Definitely season 6, after Starlight Glimmer joined the main cast and got a bunch of dedicated episodes. She's my favorite character and I feel she added a really fresh dynamic to the main cast. Every subsequent season she was less and less relevant in storylines, so season 6 was really the golden era for glimfans :D

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Did you ever watch Krypto the Superdog?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I haven't, is it good? I enjoyed Smallville back in the day, but I've always gravitated towards Batman content when I'm in the mood for classic superhero content

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It's certainly very good.

Have you seen the film Pirates of the Caribbean?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Haha, so I've seen the first half like a dozen times, it was one of three DVDs my high school gym coach would cycle through every time we were trapped inside due to weather (The others being Remember the Titans and Flyboys.) Since gym class was never long enough for the whole movie, I've seen everything but the resolutions and have no idea how the climaxes of those three movies end. Does Jack beat Barbossa? Does the football team win the championship? Does the flyboy survive his final dogfight? Couldn't tell you!

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What do you think about the Human Race only being a fraction of the Universe's existence compared to the Black Hole Era or forever in darkness at the end of the Universe?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Pretty bummed cause I don't think I'm ever gonna get to see humanity meet aliens, haha. We need aliens, save us from global warming please!