The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Adventuring in Europe

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm so thrilled!  On May 22, I will be leaving for London to go on a two-week packpacking trip with other peers through much of Europe.  Here are the countries, cities and excursions we'll be experiencing:

England-London-Shop and explore the city, White Cliffs of Dover
Belguim-No stops, passing through to the Netherlands
Netherlands-Amsterdam-Van Gogh Museum, Anne Frank's house
Germany-Rhine Valley-Drive along Rhine River, visit St. Goar
Germany-Munich-Glockenspiel, Marienplatz, learn how beersteins are crafted, Bavarian Beerhall dinner
Austria-Austrian Tyrol-Alpine scenery, white-water rafting, overnight stop
Italy-Venice-Motorboat to historic islands, Piazza de San Marco, Bridge of Sighs, Doges' Palace, St. Mark's Square, glass-blowing demonstration, gondola ride
Switzerland-Lucerne and Swiss Alps-excursion to top of Jungfrau Mountain, Wooden Chapel Bridge, overnight stop
France-Burgundy, Dijon's Vineyards, then Paris-Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre, Champs Elysees, Notre Dame Cathedral, visit a perfumery, cabaret show

Then I return home :P:.  This is my first time going overseas without any family members, so I'm a little anxious but far more thrilled.  Fellow European members, if any of ya have advice on additional things to see, please feel free to post them :yes.  It is greatly appreciated.  Just don't send me to a red-light district :rolleyes:.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Sounds absolutley wonderful! I acctually envy you!
You plan to visit some particular sights or anything?
I hope you have fun!

/Lillefot
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Vilstrup

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~vilstrup
What! No Danish sighseeing?????

Hehe, just joking  :P:

Hope you'll have a nice trip, and good luck, mate

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
i never been in amsterdam, but don't fall in the many canal's you'll find there!

but have fun!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
That's awesome!
I would love to take that tour too. I can promise you that you are bound to love it. How much time do you have for each place? There are some sights I can really recommend you to visit.
In London for example there is Natural History Museum with its huge (huge in every respect) collection of dinosaur fossils. Jason (Littlefoot1616) and I visited it in 2004. The Science museum there is also just awesome, especially as it is not the kind of museum where you can just watch, but also touch and experiment. If you happen to be in London on a Saturday the Portobello Road Street Market is also just awesome to visit. Almost nothing that you can't find there (as far as I can tell from visiting it in 1998). But be careful, your backpack might end up much heavier after visiting the street market ;)
How much time do you have in London? I'm sure Jason could telly you many more awesome places to visit.
Amsterdam is also just an awesome city. Like London it also has a Madame Tussauds waxwork museum which is really beautiful. The Anne Frank's house is of course a place of commemoration not just to her and the others who hid in the Achterhuis, but also to those who helped them and to millions and millions of others who were victims to a crime which I doubt can ever be entirely comprehended.
The drive along the Rhine river evokes some personal memories for me, for it was there, in R¸desheim that I first met another land before time fan when she was on a trip through Europe coming from Australia. Where does your Rhine trip start and where does it end?
When you come to Munich I recommend you to visit the "Deutsches Museum". It is kind of the German Counterpart to the Science Museum in London, so it is a place where you can watch many awesome experiments or do them yourself.

Timehopper

• Spike
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe if you get close enough to where some GOF members live you could met them maybe.  Looks like you'll have lots of fun and see many very different places.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hope you have fun on your trip and try to bring some pictures for us!

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I'm so thrilled!  On May 22, I will be leaving for London to go on a two-week packpacking trip with other peers through much of Europe.  Here are the countries, cities and excursions we'll be experiencing:

Lucky...that's sooner than I'm going to Ireland :p

England-London-Shop and explore the city, White Cliffs of Dover

I am going to England also, since my way to Ireland is not a one way trip

France-Burgundy, Dijon's Vineyards, then Paris-Eiffel Tower, Arc de

I'm biologically french and France was actually going to be the place I wanted to go, but Ireland seemed to call me much stronger.

Then I return home :P:.  This is my first time going overseas without any family members, so I'm a little anxious but far more thrilled.

That's sounds exciting! Without your family members, that's definitely something to be proud of!
:^.^:

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, today's the day :D!  I'm departing this afternoon and will be gone until June third.  I'll sure miss y'all :cry, but I know I'll have a blast.  I'll take pics and let y'all know how things went :yes  ;).  Until then, see y'all later :wave.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
See you! :)
You have an awfully full schedule with all those places you want to see in so few days.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
have fun there, we already miss you. Good bye :wave

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Phew!  I'm back, y'all!  I had a total blast in Europe B)!  I was not sure I wanted to come home yet, but it was indeed nice to get away for some time.  I should have some pics up when I download them :lol.  It's great to be back!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like you had a lot of fun, that is great.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's great to have you back!
Can you tell us a bit more about your trip through Europe? :)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Jun 2 2008 on  11:15 PM
Phew!  I'm back, y'all!  I had a total blast in Europe B)!  I was not sure I wanted to come home yet, but it was indeed nice to get away for some time.  I should have some pics up when I download them :lol.  It's great to be back!
YEAH!!!! Your'e back!!!!! :D *bearbug*

How was the trip? I bet it was awesome!