The Land Before Time > 1988 Theatrical Release

SCRIPT for Original Uncut LBT FOUND!

<< < (2/11) > >>

Hypno:
I think I'm going to review every single page in the near future to help break everything down for everyone in the near future :)

Sneak:
This would be amazing! :D

DaveTheAnalyzer:
Nice find. I read the excerpts and the summary of what the script contained on Tumblr and it would have done well to elaborate on the movie’s themes and characters points.

However, if there’s one thing I prefer in the final cut rather than this version, it is Littlefoot’s decision to kill Sharptooth. In the script, he is guilty about them accidentally leading Sharptooth to the Great Valley and wants to kill him to protect both the gang and the valley. In the final cut, Littlefoot immediately saying ”Let’s get rid of him once and for all!” and the way he delivers his lines thereafter hold a hint he’s also jumping at the opportunity to have some vengeance. The twisted little part of me can’t help but find that appealing and see it as a potential seed to corrupt him in fanfic (I initially thought the script portrayed Littlefoot as morally conflicted about killing someone but decided it’s the right thing to do. Yet going back to the post, it seems I misread and/or misremembered that.)

Sneak:
Absolutely support this!

Honestly, despite all of his good character, thoughts, intentions, viewing of sharpteeth's nature, etc, love to see how Littlefoot expresses how he wants not to only protect newfound valley from some sharpteeth who are about to enter the valley, but also to, ahem, literally get rid of one sharptooth who brought him a huge pain and who can continue to do it again. And I don't think it's OOC or "pure corruption" or something! Not here, since he's still 5 years old child who ended in hostile environment and tough situation for children of his age! He can act like this or say something rude in the most tense moments, like when he told to not say stupid stories about Sharptooth, when he fought Cera or when he screamed and left the rest of the gang when they prefered to go other way.

So, in my vision, I would like to see mix of both script's and movie's versions, when Littlefoot explains why they need to stop Sharptooth now by themselves, and then angrily adds a sentence about killing him for good once and for all.

And lol, I even wanted to write his thoughts in fics, what he actually thought in that scene. Then how he panicked and thought he has just led his friends to their death because of his plan to make personal revenge in the most part of his plan, when Sharptooth jumped at the cliff with stone that rejected to move, and now they're all will die because of him. And then, after talking with his grandparents, remembering Rooter's words, and selfthinking, he changes, and this change was a reason why he looked at newborn Chomper in that new way.

DaveTheAnalyzer:
I didn’t mean that his vengeful reaction indicates anything unusual about him. The hostile circumstances that shaped his kill decision make sense (Though even in the original script, the gang was still oddly quick to agree with killing someone, more questioning on the hows rather than moral quandaries of it. Eh, maybe the target being their sharptooth stalker made it easier). I meant more that it could be something for him to angst about or be a thing some other villain can use to try to corrupt him.

Your ideal about merging both versions of this scene is interesting. It would’ve been good to have more of an arc about this hint for wanting vengeance might actually endanger others.

Looking at other deleted scenes…this was covered before but I do like seeing Cera’s exact dialogue when she refuses to have Spike come along, which is “All spiketails can do is eat and burp.” Of course, this could still have happened but off-screen. It makes a nice contrast to later in their lives where, though she does find him annoying and underestimates him, she values him as a friend. It’s one of those under-focused bonds I find some interest in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version