The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Armegedon in the Beyond

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Hunter was stunned. Not so much at being caught but from being caught be three spirits, but the biggest surprise came when she stepped forward and was blushing as Dante introduced her as she looked at one of the spirits standing in front of her.

"S-Soul? Is that really you?"

Then it was Longtails turn to be surprised as he said "Hunter? How do you know my mother?!"

Then Hunter looked over at Longtail and back to Soul and she smiled as she said "I finally know where you get your looks from Longtail."

As Longtail was about to respond Soul spoke up and said "We can sort this out later...Longtail would you like to continue please?" Longtail smiled and said "Yes mother."

He then looked to Zaine and began by saying: "We are friends and family born to stand, and when you need them they will be here. Standing at the ready we'll always be ready becuase in truth we will always be there."

And as he continued a faint yellow mist began to appear around Longtail, and a white mist formed around Zaine as Longtail finished "Together one behind the other we Rise or Fall."

The light around Longtail then became so bright Hunter had to squint her eyes just to see him. "What's going on?" she asked aloud?

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante had turned away, shielding his eyes from the glow as well, telling Hunter...
"He's waking up Zaine's latent powers.  Arius did something like this for me a long time ago, back when I was younger."

Arius laughed, smiling at Dante, and said...
"Yes, Dante, you were a youngling back then, but you already had the spirit that you still possess now.  Now look at you, ready to defend that which is dear to you, and with a new Ladyfriend, too..."

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
'I will accept the consequences. I know that, in some way, I do deserve them. But that is not the issue now. The issue is these Mighty Five. We must deal with them.' Vylor said.

Will you fight alongside Vylor and the rest of the Great Valley? Argaya projected.

'Yes. Whole-heartedly. If either of us die, though, the debts to the other are null and void.' Dark-Eye said.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter blushed and said to Arius "T-thank you." She then turned to Dante and asked "Do yuo think I have anything special about me...like Longtail?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante looked at Hunter for a moment, thinking back on their travels together.  
"I think that you definately have some special power, though...I can't tell you what it is, or how to awaken it.  Arius?"

As he said the last word, he looked over at his mentor and friend with questioning eyes...

"Indeed she does have a power, Dante.  Hers, however is different than many.  She will have to find her own way to awaken it.  Perhaps...Letting her see you use your...talent will aid her in that."  Arius responed calmly...

"Right.  I guess it's time I showed you my... my power, isn't it, Hunter?"
Dante asked Hunter, eyes both eager and sad at once.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine began to feel the light surround him, but he didn't open his eyes. However, never feeling this sensation before. He started to worry a little. "Mom, what's going on? What's happening to me?" He tried as hard as he could to remain calm, but it was proving quite difficult. He didn't start to panick, but he felt uneasy.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Motochika stood nearby, nodding calmly...
"I, too, will help.  Both in undoing the magic, and in the combat to come..."

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Thanks for the offer, but the magic affecting Dark-Eye is known by me more than you. No offense meant, but you might cause more harm than good. Also, I don't want you to share the consequences. I am why Dark-Eye is like he is, and it would be my responsibility alone to cure him.' Vylor said.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Hmph.  I...Will do as you wish, Vylor.  However, if you ever need any help... Come ask me.  I wish to make myself useful to everyone.  If that is at all possible, that is..." Motochika said, twisting his right hand over his chest...
In an elven display of fealty...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Even with his eyes closed Longtail smiled and as he spoke Zaine's mother also said "Don't worry Zaine...just relax and take a deep breath." After a few more moments the light around Longtail faded and dulled. He then opened his eyes and said "It's done. Well Zaine how do you feel?"

Soul gave a small smile as she watched her son and noted he was now floating an inch off the ground...to anyone else it just might look like he was standing on his toes. Mia smiled as well and asked "Zaine, how did the light feel? Was it warm, cold or something different?"

Hunter smiled and said "Show away Dante! I-I would like to see what 'powers' you have." Then a blush creeped upon her face as she thought about what Dante could do.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine opened his eyes. "I don't know. It's hard to explain. It felt warm, but cold at the same time. Whatever that was, it felt good." He looked around at his body. "I don't look changed at all. What did the light do?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Arius smiled at him, and he said...
"Well, Zaine, Just watch Dante.  You'll be able to do something like what he's about to do...  Go ahead, Dante!"

Dante looked back at the others, and said...
"Right...Here goes!"
His eyes flashed bright for a moment, then a small aura appeared around him crackling with lightning...

"Well, gang? What'dya think?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter was speechless and her mouth hung open as she gazed upon Dante. And after several more moments of silence she finally found her voice and asked "H-how...did you..." Then a thought crossed her mind as she asked "Can...I do something like that?!"

Longtail smiled at Zaine's remark and said "Yeah...I still haven't gotten used to that feeling." He looked over to Dante and said "Ya know...I can do you one better!" The glow around him intensified once more.

Soul simply smiled and said "This should be good!" Mia just looked on awe stunned and surprised at what was happening, She then asked "Does this happen often?" Soul replied "Only when it needs to."

As the light began to fade away Longtail could be seen standing on the ground with a smile on his face. His scale color had changed drastically. His blue scales were now white, and his crest was purple. But the one thing that stood out the most were the angel wings made of light coming out of his back.

He then said "Told you Dante!" He then turned to his mother who looked more stunned than she should be as she spoke "Well....that is...different!" Mia was still too shocked to say much of anything as she looked on.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine turned back to his mother. "Mom, how is this possible? What do I have to do to unlock that power? Do I have to chant something?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mia giggled and said "No my son no chant is needed but there is one thing you do have to do and that is believe in yourself. That is all."

Soul on the other hand was still rather surprised as she looked upon her son and said to herself 'he looks just like...me.' She then smiled and said "My son...you still make me smile in pride!"  

To this Longtail blushed and said "Thanks mom."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Well.  Impressive, Zaine!. Want to test out your new ablilities?  'Cause the three of us could have a little sparring match.  What'dya say? You game?  Oh, and Hunter?  You can probably do something like this with a little practice.  Yours'll probably be more...um...beautiful than this, though..."  Dante said, looking at Hunter with a blush...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter would have responded if she still didn't look so dumbfounded by all this happening around her. She finally had enough sense to close her jaw and blush as she caught the end of Dante's sentence.

She then said "Well....I would be a little more willing...if I had your gifts. But I'm just me...I wouldn't know where to start."

At the end of Hunters statement Longtail looked over and said "Well I wonder how I missed that." He then walked next to Hunter and said "I can see your abilites Hunter...you have our gifts too...all you need to do is believe in yourself and the spirits will reward you."

Hunter now looked skeptical as she stared at Longtail then she said "Well the prove does kinda speak for itself." She looked around her and given what was going on she sighed and said "Okay, I'll give it a shot." She then closed her eyes and concentrated hard...and the glow around her started to get brighter...

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
'Did someone say spar? Why would you not invite me?' Vylor said as he came into the area. 'By the way, how can you tell if someone has your gift, Longtail? I'm not complaining or anything. The more powerful our allies are, the better are our chances of success.'