The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I like some of the sequels better then theorigina

Guest · 4 · 719

Bruton the Iguanodon

I grew up with 4 and it was the only one I really knew for a while besides 5 which I'd occasionally see on tv, until I really started to watch all the LBT films in 2002. The original wasn't even the first I saw, I think it was great valley adventure on tv. So basically my first taste of LBT was a sequel, and for years that's what I thought LBT started as. I didn't even see the original, as far as I can remember, until 2002.  And...2-4 are the best in my opinion. None of the sequels are nearly as good...and...they even stand above the original.  Is that okay? :unsure:

Don't get me wrong, I do like 1. It's is as brilliant as 2-4, but in a completely different way. I just hadn't initally seen LBT in this way. I found it too overly depressing. And Rooter's sort of creepy

Okay...I can hear everyone getting ready to bash me. I just want to say that I have overwatched 1 this year, unlike 2-4. Maybe that has something to do wit it. Maybe it's cause I just don't like a film that's too overdone at times, and LBT 1 was that, but hey it was supposed to be overdone at times. (By the way, when I say overdone, I mean something taking a lot to accomplish that could have been done in a lot less)

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nobody will think bad of you for liking 2, 3 and 4 more than the original. It's perfectly fine! Where did you get that idea that it would bother anybody here? Relax!

Bruton the Iguanodon

Thank you sooooo much. Yes, I suppose I did overreact. It's just most people think the sequels pale next to the original, but I'm not most people---I'm my own person and I'm proud of my own opinions and I think it's awesome that the members here respect that. Thank you so much, jasenov!  :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I like LBT1 more because it was the first LBT movie I saw. I was born in 1985 and I saw LBT probably the first year it came out, when I would have been 3 years old. And the first sequel didn't come out until 1994. So I would have been about 9 years old, and before then I would have known about LBT1 for about 6 years before any sequel came out.

When I was younger, I did love the sequels as much as the original. But overtime I started to prefer the original. As I got older, I realized how much the sequels changed LBT. From the very first one, the tone is completely different, more kid-friendly and less epic than the first movie.

The one thing I came to dislike about the sequels (besides the singing) is the Great Valley. In the first movie, the Great Valley was only supposed to be a place where plants were abundant and they could eat there forever pretty much. But in the sequels, it was changed to a safe haven from sharpteeth. This change I felt ruined the Great Valley. It makes little sense for something as big as a longneck to get through just fine, but not sharpteeth.

I'm pretty sure in the book version, the first sharptooth was supposed to try to get into the valley and he was almost successful; he only failed because Littlefoot and the others distracted him. He may have been doing the same thing in the first movie, looking for the path into the valley cause he smelled prey.

By saying that sharpteeth can't into the valley, they add an illogical barrier to the franchise right afterwards. I don't feel that was the smartest move on the directors' part. And another change that I dislike just as much is saying that sharpteeth were stupid, and then making them out to be stupid. If the sharpteeth were really that dumb, I'm surprised they even live long enough into adulthood; I would have expected they would have died from doing something stupid like sticking their heads into a tarpit because they saw movement and thought it was a meal.