Beyond the Mysterious Beyond > The Fridge

Happy 15th Anniversary - GOF Forum!

<< < (8/8)

Nick22:
its a bit ironic that in reading all the comments about the 15th anniversary, i never contributed mine.  at this point i am probably the last active member who joined the GOF in its early days .   this month will mark 17 years  for me at the GOF ( i joined in 2004) and if you had told any of us at the end of 2004 -when there were only about 25 members- that this place would still be around nearly 20 years later, we'd all have demanded to see what drugs you were taking. It has been nothing short of remarkable that this forum has endured that long. at the time the GOF got its official invisionfree start in September of 2004, i was managing  the slow demise of Welcome to the great Valley. it never had too many members - it maxed out at about 10- and by then the vast majority of those( including  Malte Threehorn and  Mirumoto Kenjiro) had  already made the move over here .  that forum doesnt exist anymore, it was essentially deleted by hackers a couple years after i left.-and i never linked the forum to the GOF so it could be maintained as a historic record of the early years of this community. but i was a young college student at the time. still learning the ropes about how to manage an online forum. in hindsight, I didnt do a good job at all he he. obviously the past two decades i have improved greatly in that regard, as they say there is no teacher like hard won experience.
 Admins, mods, and posters have come and gone over the years  yet I remain. i have made many friends over the years , some-  like Threehorn, the Friendly Sharptooth, Drake and Kor- no longer post here(although I hope Kor returns some day), others- like Serris, Belmont, Lettucebaconandtomato, and brekclub are still around. I would be remiss to not acknowledge my fellow staff-Rhombus, Mumbling and Zeropoint, and commend them for the great job they do in helping keeping this place going. i've been in positions in other forums  where I was the sole admin. running a board is NOT a one person job.
i expect to still be here in 2023 when we officially mark 20 years as a community, and in November 2024 to mark 20 years as a member. I SHOULD be approaching 50000 posts by then, he he, roleplaying activity  permitting of course.
 Keep up the good work everyone!

Silver the Pterosaur:
I know that I am the new kid on the block, but I am happy to have finally joined.

StardustSoldier:
I welcomed you on your intro thread already, but still, we are pleased to have you. It's my third year with this community now and I'm happy to see that it's still going strong. :)

Petrie:
I’m surprised this thread is still pinned and still getting replies. XP

We’re only two years away from 20 years, so this thread will hit the archives.  I do promise to post for 20 years if it makes it there. I’m not totally gone, just doing other things now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version