Beyond the Mysterious Beyond > History Section

Palentological Findings News

(1/2) > >>

Gentle Sharptooth:
I sure everyone has heard Tyrannosaurus Rex wasn’t a lone scavnager but hint in packs: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/dinosaurs/8589113/Tyrannosaurus-Rex-hunted-in-packs.html . A recent finding on Deinonychus (raptor family) shows they didn’t hunt in packs or did so rarely, paleontologists came to this assessment by testing the remains of food in preseeved fossilized mouth:

https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2020/05/06/raptors-did-not-hunt-in-packs.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/05/08/us/raptor-pack-hunting-questions-scn-trnd/index.html

So ironically, Jurassic Park claimed Raptors hunt in packs and T-Rex hunts alone, but the reality is the opposite.

RainbowFaceProtege:
Cool articles, thanks for sharing! I'm not really surprised at this point that Jurassic Park has been proven wrong about these things...as much as I enjoy those movies, they're not exactly famous for scientific accuracy. (I'll admit I sort of have a grudge against the first JP's popularization of the Dilophosaurus neck frills that never were, heh heh.)

Though all the recent findings about raptors not hunting in packs disappoint me a little, seeing as how they mean important parts of my fanfic "Herd Animals and Pack Hunters" are totally inaccurate (like, um...even the title). :rolleyes But then again, that's silly of me, since nobody pretends that anything to do with LBT is scientifically accurate in the first place... :lol

Gentle Sharptooth:
@RainbowFaceProtege Well you can always argue, that they found Deinonychus doesn’t hunt in packs, but what about Utahraptor, Velociraptor, Troodon, and etc? Sometimes cousin species hunt differently, takes mountain lions and African lions, Mountain Lions hunt solo and African Lions hunt in prides or packs. :)

RainbowFaceProtege:

--- Quote from: Gentle Sharptooth on May 24, 2020, 08:56:42 PM ---@RainbowFaceProtege Well you can always argue, that they found Deinonychus doesn’t hunt in packs, but what about Utahraptor, Velociraptor, Troodon, and etc? Sometimes cousin species hunt differently, takes mountain lions and African lions, Mountain Lions hunt solo and African Lions hint in prides or packs. :)

--- End quote ---

True. Hooray for loopholes! :lol

Gentle Sharptooth:

--- Quote from: RainbowFaceProtege on May 24, 2020, 09:00:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: Gentle Sharptooth on May 24, 2020, 08:56:42 PM ---@RainbowFaceProtege Well you can always argue, that they found Deinonychus doesn’t hunt in packs, but what about Utahraptor, Velociraptor, Troodon, and etc? Sometimes cousin species hunt differently, takes mountain lions and African lions, Mountain Lions hunt solo and African Lions hint in prides or packs. :)

--- End quote ---

True. Hooray for loopholes! :lol

--- End quote ---

Loopholes are one of the joys of story telling. :lol

As for your statements on Jurassic Park/World. They did base things on what they knew then, T-Rex having bad vision was widely believed at the time and raptors hunting in packs. But yeah Dilophosaurus with frills and  spitting venom was Spielberg having fun. XD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version