Beyond the Mysterious Beyond > Attic Treasures

Jurassic Park/Lost World Jurassic Park

(1/2) > >>

Saft:
Well, based on one of the questions that I asked LBT (/see I did mention I'd do this.: :D ) I thought we could discuss these wonderful books.:)

Anyway, I will admit that whilst my father owned the novels I had not actually read them before I saw the movies.  However, when I did read the novels I was struck by the major differences.  

In regards to Jurassic Park, I have to admit that whilst the movie is one of my favourites the book far suppassed it.  It is disappointing about the major differences that took place in the movie, for example...I rather liked the older Tim as the role of the big brother and Lex as the annoying sister.  Mostly because I could associate with Tim slightly.  So Tim became my favourite character.  

What I had a major problem with is the fact that Dr.Malcom died in the first book and magically came back to life for the sequel.  I don't understand how that happened. I remember reading about an interview that took place with Crichton (which I'll try to find again) that mentioned Malcom's ressurection.  

Anyway, I think I've posted enough for now.:)

DarkHououmon:
He didn't magically come back to life. In fact, it was explained in the second book what really happened. He was pronounced dead prematurely, likely because of how bad he was off. He did manage to survive, but not before newspapers (I think) were printed out stating that he had died.

Serris:
I preferred the books over the movies.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato):
While both books were different from the movies, it was the Lost World that was radically different to the point of being a different story. There were like three characters in the movie that were actually book characters. I can think of Malcolm, Eddie, Sarah Harding, and maybe some of the bad guys. Practically nobody else made the cut, but that Nick guy was there for some reason :rolleyes . And don't get me started on the T-Rex rampaging through San Diego.

Gentle Sharptooth:
Jurassic Park the book and film are almost opposites. JP the book was more of horror, while JP Film is thriller. The book made dinosaurs seem almost like something from "The Island of Dr. Moreau." The fact that the beginning of TLWJP film is essentially part of JP book is interesting. Michael Crichton sure had a gift at suspense and informing the reader on bioengineering, and Chaos Theory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version