The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Appreciated Member 2019

rhombus · 15 · 4507

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good evening everyone!  :)littlefoot

We have reached the final award of the year: the APPRECIATED MEMBER AWARD. Any member who has received at least one vote in nomination for an award, but did not win or get runner up status, is eligible for this award.  Voting will run for 2 weeks and will end at midnight forum time on 10/28/19. Here are the nominees:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)
Darkwolf91
ImpracticalDino
The Lone Dragon

Running Tally:

The Lone Dragon  -  6
ImpracticalDino  -  5
Darkwolf91  -  1

Edit by Mumbling: removed names that didn't vote themselves.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 01:03:33 PM by Mumbling »

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I vote for F-22 Raptor Ace! He and I participated on several different projects this year, he's always approachable and he created some great fiction I really enjoyed reading. I can also get ahold of him on Discord within minutes whenever I need anything from him. All around a bang-up guy who's always made the GOF a bit brighter for me :D

Update: I'll post a new post when I decide who to vote for!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 04:56:43 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
I was initially going to vote for Mumbling, but after seeing that she wasn't on this list, I had to change my vote. :opetrie

Therefore, I'm voting for ImpracticalDino. He's been such a fun one to talk to from time to time, and he always tries to find a way to put a smile on my face, even at times when I'm down and need just a little something to make me happy. :)petrie
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 11:25:45 AM by DiddyKF1 »
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I would like to vote for LeventeII. While he has participated in the fanart section quite frequently in the past he's recently joined in on writing fanfiction as well as coming up with that spiffy map of the known LBTverse :p I've also enjoyed the conversations that I've had with him over the last year as well

[EDIT]Since I'm generally more active on Discord nowadays I think I'll recast my vote to The Lone Dragon. Our time zone differences make are chats few and far between but they've always been pleasant and enjoyable.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 11:12:22 PM by Flathead770 »

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I'm going to throw my vote in for The Lone Dragon. He might not be the most active on the forum itself as of late, but I've chatted with him quite a bit on the Discord server and those conversations usually end up quite spiffy, mate. Man certainly has quite an intriguing life (relative to my boring one), and he's quite impartial on his views and thus just plain enjoyable to talk to.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
With the new truncated roster, I’m updating my vote for DARKWOLF91! He’s a mainstay in the fan fiction section, constantly participating in writing events, posting comments on other people’s work, and drawing other people’s OC’s. He even maintained the OC Master List, which is an admirable effort to catalogue content for other writers. I really respect him taking the time to give other writers’ creations the spotlight, as I have similar goals with my RP tie-in stories and the OC section of the LBT Wiki I created back in the day.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 06:28:07 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll cast my vote for the Lone Dragon. Of the nominees, he's the one I've interacted with most often and especially his insight on issues related to writing, as well as being a prolific author himself, makes him a very valuable GoF member in my eyes. Also, he is very active on Discord as a whole and he is often a rather pleasant person to talk to which is why I do not hesitate to vote for him.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I will cast my vote for ImpracticalDino. Though he is a new member of the forum, he has already proven to be an incredibly helpful and friendly member.  As such, I think he is quite deserving of being recognized in the Appreciated Member award.  :)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My vote will be for ImpracticalDino, as he has been among the more active recent members we've seen lately, bringing renewed activity to sections like "Ask Me" or "It's Party Time!", in addition to contributing to discussions, and even helping to restore some images in the "Caption This!" section.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I am going to vote for ImpracticalDino as well, for the reasons everyone else has mentioned above. He's probably the person I've interacted with the most on here, and we've had a lot of entertaining discussions. As well, he's open-minded and has a good sense of humour.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm going to cast my vote for ImpracticalDino as well, for reasons I mentioned in my original feedback vote as well as their general positive and active presence on the forum.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
While there are many who are deserving of this award, I personally believe that The Lone Dragon is by far the best out of them all as he is very pleasant company to be around with. I always look forward to discussing all kinds of topics with him on the Discord server, which is why I don't hesitate to cast my vote for him.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Voting has become a lot more difficult since the introduction of the discord server and community. As far as forum activities go, I think The Lone Dragon would hardly deserve that award as opposed to ImpracticalDino. However, I concur with people above me who have voted for the Lone Dragon that he's a very great guy to chat with and a good friend too, therefore he's getting my vote as well. :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Reminder: today is the last day to cast your vote!  :)petrie

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
 I am actually quite torn in this choice, my mind is split between two contestants. ImpracticalDino, as others before me have said, has a really positive and active presence on the forums, so I had to think a lot before before I made my choice, which was a hard one.

Given, I am biased in my decision a bit, in such a way that I am not as active on the forum as I should be, and I mainly reside on the Discord server. This actually pushes my choice in a direction that might not be the one I should be leaning towards, as it's a forum award, not a Discord one. While that is true to a certain extent, the two are tightly integrated in a sense, I think that might be able to justify the choice, or so I hope.

In the end, I cast my vote for The Lone Dragon, for the aforementioned fact that he is quite active on the Discord server and chatting with him makes days generally more interesting, he sure is a great friend, and has awesome stories to tell.
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"