The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The History of the Gang of Five (2001-2019)

Petrie. · 71 · 28417

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Hmm, I don't see a golden text box either. Does it appear different for you, @Sneak?

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
yes...
maybe this style is unique to my browser... though it appeared only today.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
^Perhaps a screenshot of the golden text box too Sneak? That would be a huge help. :yes

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Did I seriously only discover this video just now? :P
And since the GOF Discord Group Chat (specifically Nick22) provided the idea, I’ll also assume a lot of people saw the vid way back in July.

Eh, I think it’s weird that nobody shared the vid on the forum. Unless I’m wrong and someone could prove otherwise.

I do admit that I was cringing throughout the entire vid, but it’s still very informative and I learned a few things about the site that I haven’t know of before.

But anyways...enjoy! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJhjdPTrdVI

That video is a good simplification of everything that happened up to 2019.  Sorry you found it cringey (must be the fursuit) but I can't please everyone, nor do I try to!

FallenTreeStar

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I just got done reading the history post and watching the video. I wish I had joined years ago. I feel like I missed out in life. Thanks for keeping a record like this though. It's nice to read through. Seems like a great community that's been great for lots of lives.
- Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I too have sometimes wished that I'd joined sooner than when I did.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh man I haven't made any updates in two years!!! I'll see about adding information about 2020 and 2021 (though rereading the first post there is a very clear difference between my short facts and Petrie's lore, haha). Glad people appreciate the read though.

Believe it or not, but when I joined back in early 2008 this place already felt like a tight and established community. I too felt like I had missed out joining so late, and perhaps that I wouldn't fit in with the existing relationships people has built up. Needless to say, that fear was unfounded. Rather than regretting finding the GoF late, I think we should all be happy we joined when we did. Every single member here has been a welcome addition to the community, and it is through new members that we keep the place alive and healthy :yes So thanks for joining when you did and I hope you stick around in the future as well ^^

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
For sure I'll be sticking around forever. 💚

And as soon as have a job and be able to afford it, I'll be financially supporting this forum so I can help keep it alive for the many many years to come! This is something I've wanted to do for many years now too. 😊

And personally for me, nah I have absolutely zero regrets when I joined this forum. It really doesn't matter to me, what matters is I did join this community and I found out it was the most lovely one out there in the internet! It's still not perfect at all by any means, but at least it's relatively peaceful compared to the bigger and more rampant fandoms out there.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 05:37:38 PM by ImpracticalDino »

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I agree that GOF is the most friendly and constant community on the internet. On other forums I deal with drama-a-saurs, but not here. This is a sanctum in a sea of very harsh waves. 

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Glad to hear all the great comments about the forum as it comes up on 20 years of life. ^_^