The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Sharptooth War

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Jul 23 2012 on  07:06 PM
Really, this went on like I didn't really expect. I'm sad Chomper's now dead.  :cry

I'm guessing Chomper's mate, and Rex are going to team up with the remaining Great Valley somehow, but I don't really see how seeing those two sharpteeth can't speak flattooth. Hmm.

I was a little dissapointed with Chomper's meeting with the Great valley, as it was rushed and cut short. I'll keep on reading this though.
Yes, and I know about that chapter, I just had a major case of writer's block, plus my laptop ran out of power when I was writing it, so I had to rewrite the whole thing, but trust me, it will get good, and who say's Chomper is really dead? :lol

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Chapter 10, Not your fault

Rex couldn't believe it. His father, his friend, his teacher, was dead. As he ran into the gorge as the last herd members dissapeared, he saw it, his father's body, lying in a crumpled heap, a pained expression on his face. "Dad?" Rex asked as he approached, though his brain told him it was hopeless, 'no!' his heart was crying, and the salty tears dripped down his face.

"Come on Dad, you gotta get up!" He begged as he tried to wake his father. "Dad! We gotta go home!" He sobbed. There was no sound, no animals, no flyers in the air, no crawlers in the ground, it was just him. Alone.

"HELP!" He yelled out, hoping some one was there. "Somebody, anybody! Help!" He walked back to his father, and lay there, depressed, a shadow came up. "No..." Was all Tyranna could say.

"Mom." Rex said as he ran to his only remaining parent. "Rex, your alive, I thought you were dead!" She said. "Its all my faultl, daddy's gone, because of me!" Rex cried. "No, its not honey! You didn't know what would happen, and no one knew about the stampede." She comforted her son.

"It's still my fault." Rex cried. Tyranna nuzzled him to give some comfort, although she was struggling to maintain her own composure, on the inside, she was just as sad as Rex, but she had to be strong for his sake.

She knew Chomper had friends in the Great Valley, and that they were resisting the assault, hopefully one of Chomper's friends was still alive, and she could find them, she needed a safe home for Rex, although she doubted, because of what had happened, she hoped it would all be alright.

"Well isn't this lovely." That voice said. Tyranna snapped her head to see Darkclaw standing just a few meters away. "I kill the only remaining threat, and his pathetic family is here, perfect for tying up loose ends." Darkclaw sneered, and he showed his razor sharp, bone crushing white teeth.

"Don't you touch my son!" Tyranna snarled as she got into a defensive position. "Nothing will stand in my way, as far as I'm concerned, a traitor's mate ranks next to Traitor to me, and I don't accept that." Darkclaw said as got into hunting mode, his red eyes filled with blood lust.

Tyranna thought that was it. Her life flashed before her eyes, her birth, her playing with her twin brother, her parents' and brother's death at the hands of Redclaw, her escape, and Chomper finding her. It was over, was all she could think.

A/N: Yes, this scene is based on a certain Lion King scene, I won't tell what happened if anyone here is reading it, but I really tried to make this scene sad, and I think I succeeded, so tell me what you guys think.

"Its a shame really, I could use your son and you for increasing my army." He smirked. "Over...my...dead...body!" Someone snarled at Darkclaw. All three turned their heads to see...Chomper getting up, battered and bruised, but very much alive!

"I don't care if it kills me! I'm going to protect them from you!" Chomper growled as he prepared for the fight of his life. "Surrender or die Chomper!" Darkclaw roared as he charged forward to tear Chomper apart. Chomper charged, and the two slammed into eachother like freight trains!

Immediatley after recovering, Darkclaw slammed his tail into Chomper's face and tried to bite him. Chomper got hit by the tail but dodged the bite, and countered with his own attack.

He managed to grab Darkclaw's forward snout and began to try and crush it, but Darkclaw refused, and drove his claws into Chomper's snout, and began cutting. The pain was to much, and Chomper was forced to let go, and Darkclaw used this to grab Chomper by the neck, and he began twirling the younger sharptooth until he threw him to the ground.

"Run!" Chomper cried to his mate. She didn't want to, but she did. Darkclaw tried to follow but Chomper bit him on the leg. This only angered the older sharptooth even more, and he bit Chomper on the side, and used his claws to slash at him. Chomper cried out in pain, and Darkclaw closed in for the final blow.

"I'm your master now!" Darkclaw sneered as he prepared to crush Chomper's neck, but suddenly, Tyranna slammed into Darkclaw, and used her tail to knock him to the ground, "come on!" She cried as she helped Chomper to his feet and they both ran, while Darkclaw got up.

His red eyes probed the surrounding canyon for them, and out of the corner of his eye, he saw them leave. He prepared to pursue, when a large rock that was dislodged when he hit it, hit him on the head, knocking him out cold, but not killing him, he would be back up in atleast ten minutes.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Chapter 11, The Second War Begins

Chomper and Tyranna trudged through the thick jungle away from the canyon, but Chomper was walking with a limp, the battle and the fall had hurt him badly, but they were okay, for now. After getting well out of earshot of Darkclaw, Rex let his happiness explode. "Dad your alive!" Rex cried happily after Chomper let him know it was okay.

"I can't believe it. I thought I lost you." Tyranna said, tears of joy falling down her face. "I can't believe it either." Chomper commented. "How did you survive anyway?" Rex asked curiously.

"Well, sharpteeth have been known to survive dangerous falls atleast once, and apparently I was lucky enough to be one that did." Chomper explained. "I'm just glad you're okay." Tyranna replied.

"Yeah, but we need to warn the Great Valley of this, if Darkclaw's back, chances are he'll be on the march again." Chomper said sadly. "He already is, as I was searching for Rex, I saw thousands of Sharpteeth marching towards the Great Valley, he must have followed me." Tyranna revealed.

Chomper stopped dead, if the battle had already been lost in the Valley, then his friends could be dead. But, as if a light at the end of a tunnel, Chomper caught his friends scent. "Well, look's like I was wrong." Chomper stated.

"You can smell them?" Tyranna asked. "I know their scent anywhere, but I need to make sure their alright. And no attacking them!" Chomper said.

"Alright fine, I already had some silver swimmers anyway." Tyranna said sarcastically. "Alright, lets go find them."

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I have another case of writer's block, and I'm thinking of an idea for my next chapter, so I may not update for another week, sorry.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Chapter 12, Resistance

"A resistance movement?" Littlefoot asked. "Yes, it was formed in the first war, I led the flatteeth against Darkclaw, one of his top generals attacked the valley, and I nearly killed him." Doc said. "So that story was real?" Cera asked, surprised.

Doc nodded. "But I'm to old for this, and to my surprise, age doesn't seem to slowed Darkclaw down." Doc said. "What do you mean?" Ducky asked. "Your sharptooth friend is how I know." Doc said.

"Wait.." Littlefoot realized what Doc had meant, and he turned around to see Chomper, he had just come out of the forest and was probably about to say something, when Doc told Littlefoot that.

But this was not the same Chomper they saw last time, he had a lost of scars on his body, and his right side looked like it had been bashed against a wall, for it was a little dark. "Chomper..?" Littlefoot asked, shocked by his friend's appearance. "Its me." Chomper replied, though friendly, his voice had a sense of urgency.

"What happened to you?" Cera asked, wondering what sort of creature could inflict such bad injuries. "A threehorn who escaped this monster." Topsy replied, refusing to believe Chomper had been injured by Darkclaw. Chomper narrowed his eyes a little, but didn't reply.

"Darkclaw, he attacked me, and my family." Chomper started. "Good, two less sharptooth is what the world needs." Topsy said again. This time, a low, dangerous growl echoed from Chomper. "Ever say that again, and your dead where you stand, threehorn!" Chomper threatened.

"Ha! That proves it! He-" "Shut it, dad!" Cera snarled. Topsy looked visibly shocked by his daughter's, and his mate's dissapoiinted looks. "But..." He stammered. "Any of us would have done the same thing if our families were threatened. Now let Chomper talk!" Littlefoot ordered. "Fine!" Topsy grumbled.

"Are they alright?" Littlefoot asked. "Yes. We came to see if you were alright." Chomper stated. "We?" Petrie asked. "Yes, they're nearby, we wanted to offer you a place for your...resistance movement to stay, as it seems you lost your home?" Chomper asked.

"Fat chance we'd-" Topsy began. "refuse." Littlefoot said. "WHAT?!" All the other leaf eaters except the gang, and surprisingly Doc. "Why? He'll eat us!" Were some of the protests that were in the air.

"Because Chomper is  different, and any new ally is useful, especially if they can understand both sharptooth and flattooth." Littlefoot replied. "That is why I tried to kill him in the first place!" A voice said, gasps were uttered from everyone as Darkclaw, with 10 other sharpteeth behind him, all large, powerful, bladebacks, sharpteeth, and sharphorns.

"What luck! The traitor, and his resistance movement friends are here, we could kill two flyers with one stone!" Darkclaw snarled. "You will not touch anyone else today!" Chomper growled back. "So you dare challenge me again! Good, ATTACK!" Darkclaw roared as the sharpteeth charged forward to tear them apart.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Chapter 13, First Battle

The sharpteeth charged at the group, and Littlefoot told everyone to get into a defensive position. Littlefoot, Chomper, Cera, Spike, Ali, Trike, Tippy,  Tricia, Dinah, and Dana engaged the sharpteeth.

The sharpteeth were surprisingly good, and seemed to guess their every move, and counter their every strategy, and it looked hopeless. Darkclaw circled the group, looking for an opening to get to Chomper, then, he saw his old enemy, Doc.

"It's been a long time, Darkclaw." Doc said as he prepared to fight. Darkclaw narrowed his eyes, but the sadistic smirk he always had stayed there. "Too long. Time for revenge, by night's end, I will have a dead longneck in my cave, I don't care which!" Darkclaw growled as he charged.

To everyone's shock, Doc was unable to hold out for long, the old longneck was very close to death, while Darkclaw seemed as fresh as ever. The quick attacks Darkclaw used easily broke through the slower, heavier attacks, and soon, it seemed likely that Darkclaw would win.

Doc took the initiative however, when he swung with all his might at Darkclaw, sending the predator reeling, but in the process, causing him to lose his balance and fall.

Darkclaw saw the opening he was looking for, and in a blur of darkness, slammed his jaws into Doc's head, a muffled cry of shock was heard, then silence, and blood on Darkclaw's teeth.

"NO!" Littlefoot yelled as he tried to attack. Darkclaw saw this coming, and twisted around in a speed that didn't seem possible for a sharptooth his size and age. Following the twisting attack, Darkclaw rammed into Littlefoot, knocking him down, and incapacitating him.

Darkclaw grinned wickedly as he prepared the final blow. Suddenly, Chomper rammed into Darkclaw, and stood over his closest friend protectively, "no one else is going ot die by your claw, today!" Chomper growled.

Darkclaw glared at him, but suddenly, realization hit him. "What about your mate?" Darkclaw asked. Chomper's eyes widened as his mate was knocked to the ground. "Or your son?" Darkclaw added, as a fast-biter stalked out with Rex in his jaws. "Daddy!" Rex cried. "Kill them!" Darkclaw growled.

"NO!" Chomper roared as he charged forward in a blur, ramming into Darkclaw and attacking the other sharpteeth. The fast-biter tried to carry out the order. But Chomper grabbed him in his mouth, and crushed the life out of him.

The other sharptooth tried to react but Tyranna got up and bit him in the neck, killing him. Rex ran back to his parents now that he was free. Chomper then charged at Darkclaw, and a second fight erupted, driven by sheer adrenaline, Chomper managed to overpower Darkclaw and ram him into a rok, knocking him into a wall.

"Run!" Chomper told everyone as they knocked down the sharpteeth, and began running for their lives escaping death once again. Darkclaw got up, and he saw the sharpteeth that he took with him were badly injured, and looked to him for orders. "Sir, they got-" Darkclaw refused to listen, and leapt at the sharptooth, killing him.

"I have no use for failures like you!" Darkclaw seethed as he ran at his once loyal followers, though they didn't run, their training had taught them to accept death if they failed, and so, Darkclaw killed each and everyone of them, but his rage and anger were still there.

"I am going to kill you Chomper, you've evaded me two times to many! Now, the real war begins!" Darkclaw growled. In extreme rage and anger, Darkclaw let out an earspitting roar that could be heard for miles.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't know, but it just seems like there's too much action in this sotry now. There's a lot more fighting chapters, and much less chapters where the characters can just breath. I first felt this in the chapter where Chomper went into the valley, and then again when he saw them a second time.

Action get's boring if you do it all the time. There needs to be more quiet scenes to contrast it and balance it out.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Aug 3 2012 on  06:33 PM
I don't know, but it just seems like there's too much action in this sotry now. There's a lot more fighting chapters, and much less chapters where the characters can just breath. I first felt this in the chapter where Chomper went into the valley, and then again when he saw them a second time.

Action get's boring if you do it all the time. There needs to be more quiet scenes to contrast it and balance it out.
There's going to be more scenes like that, I just wanted there to be a lot of action and turmoil in the first part, mostly because I wanted to show the antagonists determination, but now things are gonna quiet down more, until the big conflict.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Chapter 14, The Eye of the Storm

After the fight, a rain storm had occurred, which was good, as their scent trails were washed away, allowing them to escape undetected into the Mysterious Beyond. It had been two days since they escaped, and they recently found a cave about 12 miles from the Great Valley, where they settled in and used it as a base for the Resistance, though no other battles had occurred since then, it would be suicide to do so.

Right now, the leaf eaters had left the cave to get their daily amount of food and water from a small forest below; they only left the cave to eat or drink, Chomper, Tyranna and Rex survived on silver swimmers in the river below.

Rex was learning leaf-eater from his father, and Tyranna, as Chomper taught her the language sometime after he found her. As the 2nd day came to a close, Tyranna approached Chomper, with a worried look on her face. "What is it?" He asked, nervous for his mate.

"I'm, I'm pregnant." She said. Chomper's eyes widened, they both knew that doing that could cause pregnancy, but had hoped that it wouldn't, although that hope was much more drastic now.

"How are we going to take care of it, it'll be born in a war, and we could lose it at any time." Tyranna said worried. Chomper was worried to, but tried not to show it. "We'll take care of it, just like Rex." Chomper stated. "But, what if Darkclaw-" She began. "I'll protect them, with my life, they'll be fine, I promise." Chomper reassured his worried mate.

"I know, its just, if we were gonna have another child, I hoped it would be born somewhere safe." Tyranna replied. "I know, but we can manage this." Chomper stated.

"So you're gonna have another baby?" Littlefoot asked, shocked at the news. "Congratualations!" Petrie congratulated. "I hope you teach it not to bite our tails." Cera said, referring to the time when Chomper bit her tail as an infant. "I'm really happy for you two!" Ducky added. "That's just what we need, another sharptooth." Topsy said sarcastically.

Chomper's eyes narrowed to slits at that remark. "You take that back!" Chomper snarled. "Never!" Topsy growled, confident that Chomper wouldn't attack him. "I said TAKE IT BACK!" Chomper roared, as he and Topsy locked heads.

"Guys, we can work this out-" Littlefoot tried to break up the tussle. "NO! I DON'T LISTEN TO STUPID SHARPTEETH LIKE YOU!" Topsy replied. Chomper roared in anger as he tried to attack. "ENOUGH!" Littlefoot yelled as he got between the two angry dinosaurs.

"Apologize Mr. Threehorn!" Littlefoot ordered. "What?!" Topsy roared. "He was about to attack me!" He cried indignantly. "You provoked him! Now apologize!" Littlefoot ordered. "Sorry." Topsy muttered. Chomper still glared at him, but walked off.

As the months passed, the day expected of the egg laying began. It was surprising, as not one but two eggs were layed. After that, Chomper or Tyranna watched the egg daily, and Rex's flattooth improved, much to the happiness of his parents.

Soon, the day of the hatching came, and Chomper and his family, Littlefoot, Ducky, Petrie, Spike, and Ruby waited anxiously for the babies to hatch. Soon, one egg suddenly cracked, and like with Rex, a tiny hatchling sharptooth broke out of the egg. It, unlike Rex, was green, but had Chomper's red eyes. Chomper and Tyranna were proud of the new hatchling, which turned out to be another boy, and named him Koda, after Tyranna's father.

But sadly, the other egg turned out to be a dud. This made the suppossed to be happy occassion much more somber, but they all were still happy that the other baby managed to survive.

Koda and Rex became friends almost instantly, and the two began playing with eachother almost immediatley. Chomper smiled, but their was still the fact that Darkclaw was out there, searching for them.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Chapter 15, Imperial Assault

Ever since the fall of the Great Valley, and the near destruction of the Resistance, Darkclaw had turned his attention to expanding his empire, and he did. Within weeks, his armies overran vast territories in their quest for world domination, they moved just as swiftly as they had in the first war, they covered as much as fifty miles a day, and occupied any oasis they found in the vast, harsh, dry mysterious beyond.

But Darkclaw still wasn't happy, he had expected the resistance to be eliminated the moment he found them, and had failed at eliminating Chomper, the only true threat, not just because of his training, but his skill in fighting approached his own, how did he receive such training? Darkclaw had a hunch, but would bring it up later.

"My lord." A large, red, scarred Giganotosaurus said as he approached. "General Ripper, I would like a report on our progress in the attack." Darkclaw said to his top general. "We have been continuing our assault as you requested, no heavy casualties like in the last war, and we have gained almost five hundred new followers." Ripper said. "Good, good, good, now for the Resistance, have your scouts tracked them down?" Darkclaw asked.

"No my lord, but our flyer spies, Rinkus and Sierra, have said they found the general area of their hideout." Ripper replied. "Thats a start, but I want patrols in that area, no cave, hole, or forest goes unchecked." Darkclaw ordered.

"Yes sir." Ripper said as he bowed to his general. "When they do find it, report directly to me!" Darkclaw growled. "Of course, Emperor." Ripper replied. Soon, this war would be over, the pathetic resistance would be crushed, and his dreams of world domination would become a reality, like they almost did, all those years ago.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Chapter 16, Guerilla Warfare

It had been several months now since they escaped from the Great Valley, and they had hundreds of new followers, especially refugees fleeing the onslaught of Sharpteeth, mostly herbivores, but, surprisingly, carnivores that had refused to join them.

Strangely though, despite the fact that they may soon be able to mount a direct assault on the sharpteeth controlled Great Valley, their was always the possibility of being caught, as patrols always stood on the outside edge of the Great Valley, and that the passes were guarded by several sharpteeth, plus flyers watching from the air, perhaps they could have Petrie and the other flyers surprise a few, and so the sharpteeth guarding a pass wouldn't have a warning.

Most of their old friends had joined them by now, including Littlefoot's father, Shorty, Tippy, Dinah and Danah, and Pterano. Most of the others favored a direct, massive, deadly assault, but Chomper thought otherwise. "A large force doesn't always mean victory, if only a small force goes, we could quickly remove the sharpteeth guarding the area, and then take the rest of our force in there when we're ready." Chomper said.

"That actually sounds better, because less lives will be at risk." Littlefoot said. "I agree, a larger attack would likely induce chaos where one of the sharpteeth-" Pterano began. "Oh nonsense flyer, we should just take the combined herds in there and attack the valley out right." Topsy said. "But what if one escapes and alerts Darkclaw?" Ducky asked. "Then we'll..." Topsy couldn't think of anything else.

"Fine." He growled, backing down. "We should take atleast 5 other dinosaurs with us." Chomper added. "You coming?" Petrie asked. "Yeah, just because I'm a sharptooth, doesn't mean I don't know whats right." Chomper replied. "Alright, I will go with Chomper, and we need four more volunteers." Littlefoot announced, looking over the group of dinosaurs infront of him.

"Huh, fine, you need the strongest anyway." Cera sighed as she walked up. "You probably need the most intelligent, so I will join." Spike said. "I think you might need my help on this one bro." Shorty said as he joined. "I will go to." Tippy finally said.

"Alright, but we won't leave for an hour, that way we can say goodbye to our families if, I hope this doesn't happen, some of us don't come back." Littlefoot said and the group disbanded. Chomper walked up to his mate and sons. "I don't know about this Chomper." She said nervously. "Its okay, you've seen how well I can fight, if I can take Darkclaw on and live, then I can take on a few other sharpteeth." Chomper replied.

"Are you going to be okay dad?" Rex asked, fearful of truly losing his father, he had come close to it once, he never wanted to again. "Yeah, boys, daddy will be okay, your old man can take on a few sharpteeth." Chomper replied. Still, there was the chance...

No! He wouldn't think about that. "Goodbye." Chomper said as he nuzzled Tyranna, for what he hoped, was not the last time.

A/N: I would really like some feedback from anyone who's reading it, and constructive criticism is appreciated, but if you don't like it, state it kindly, no flames.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Chapter 17, Skirmish at the Pass

Chomper led the group through the forest, quietly, not saying a word. Everyone knew how dangerous such a mission was, and if it failed... This may be the most decisive battle so far, and if Darkclaw himself was there, they could end the war.

Of course it wouldn't be easy. Killing the sharpteeth there was one thing, but killing Darkclaw was a whole nother issue. To make sure he wasn't there, Chomper sniffed the air. Thankfully, the wind was moving toward them, giving them a tactical advantage, they would never smell them coming.

As they got in sight of the wall, they caught the scent of a large pass near where they were, though it was far higher up. "Guys, we'll need to climb." Chomper told them. "Hmm, we've been here before, their should be a path up the mountain." Littlefoot said.

"Okay, everyone follow me." Chomper said as he walked up the path. As they climbed, Chomper caught site of them, 10 fast biters, 4 sharpteeth. Chomper held up his claw, as a signal to stop. Interpreting it correctly, Littlefoot halted, leading everyone else to aswell.

"Alright, there 8 fast biters, and two sharpteeth, and we need to take them down at the same time. Tippy and Spike will start the attack, they will charge the fast biters and distract the sharpteeth, where me, Cera, Littlefoot, and Shorty will attack them. If we fight accordingly, we can end the fight quickly. Spike, Tippy, can you two hold off the fast-biters?" Chomper briefed.

"Yes, we can. A spiketail can take care of a few fast biters easily." Spike said. "How about you guys?" Chomper asked Littlefoot, Cera, and Shorty. "If I can cause a sharptooth to trip when I was a kid, they'll be dead in minutes." Shorty boasted.

"Consider it done." Littlefoot said. "I'm ready to kick sharptooth tale." Cera added. Chomper smiled, turned to Tippy and Spike, and motioned for them to go. Doing so, the two ran out at the fast biters, quickly killing one and attracting the attention of the others.

The sharptooth in charge was a powerful Long Jaw(Carcharodontosaurus) named Dark, one of Darkclaw's most trusted generals. He had dark brown scales, and a gouged out right eye. Seeing the spiketails, he charged. Suddenly, the rest of the flatteeth and Chomper leapt out. Littlefoot used his massive tail to slam Dark into the wall, and causing the Long Jaw to charge him.

Meanwhile Cera had engaged a sharp-horn and locked horns with it, Shorty battling a sharptooth not to far away, and Chomper engaging an Allosaur. The fight was not a quick victory, but luckily no sharpteeth managed to escape. Spike slammed his spikes into a fast biter, skewering it, while another leapt on Tippy. It drove its claws into her back, causing her to cry out in pain.

Spike heard this but, couldn't help her when two more jumped onto his back, and began to slash and bite him. Meanwhile, Littlefoot was having a very hard time against Dark, who kept dodging his attacks, and countering with his own. Shorty meanwhile was able to defeat the sharptooth he was fighting by crushing him, and ran to his brother's aid.

Cera finally broke through the sharp-horns defenses and rammed her horns into his chest, killing him. Chomper meanwhile dispatched his adversary with ease, years of experience in the mysterious beyond and training from..., he was a formidable adversary, Darkclaw's equal.

Shorty attacked Dark with his massive feet, but the general simply dodged, and rammed him towards the cliff. "Shorty!" Littlefoot cried, fearing for his brother's life. Dark closed in for the kill. Shorty, knowing if Dark escaped, that the sharpteeth would know of their attack. "Take this!" Shorty yelled just as Dark was on top of him. He swung his tail to the ground, and the cliff edge began to buckle, and then, it crumbled.

Dark tried to climb back up, but Shorty swung his tail to trip him, and sending both falling off the cliff, to their deaths. "NOOOOOO!!!!" Littlefoot cried, but it was to late.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Chapter 18, Waiting

The suspension was defeaning. Rex felt so much fear right now, what if his dad didn't come back, what if Darkclaw was in the battle and killed them. What if... That was all he could think about.

He had come so close to losing his father once, and he didn't want to lose him for real. Of his parents, Rex was closest to his father, who he loved and adored, sure he loved his father, but he had a special relationship with him.

He was kind of glad that he was learning flattooth, and could speak a garbled form of it, though sometimes he forgot what words meant which, he has met the other children, and some of them approached him and talked to him, though many flatteeth parents still didn't trust him, their conservative fear of sharpteeth always there, no matter what.

"Hey Rex!" Said one of the children he knew, Bron, Littlefoot's son who he named after his father. "Hey Vwon." Rex said in his garbled flattooth. "You wanna play with us?" Bron asked.

"No zankyou." Rex replied. "Oh, okay. Bye!" Bron said as he ran off to join his other friends. "Honey you should play with them, its more healthy to make friends." His mother said behind him.

Rex wheeled around, surprised that he never heard or smelled her, though there was little wind in the cave. "Mommie, can you please not scare me like that?" Rex asked.

"I'm sorry, but I just want you to make new friends, have someone to play with." Tyranna told him. "I know, I'm just scared about dad." Rex said. "Its okay honey, but your dad is the most powerful sharptooth I've ever met, he'll come back." Tyranna reassured him.

"Thanks mommie." Rex said as he nuzzled her. Tyranna smiled, but at the back of her mind, she was trying to reassure herself that aswell.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Chapter 19, Friendship Flares

Littlefoot was shocked. He had lost his adopted brother to a sharptooth, just like his mother. "No...No!" Littlefoot muttered, it hadn't happened, couldn't have happened. Everyone else there was shocked aswell, sure most of them never knew Shorty that well, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't miss him.

Littlefoot's sadness soon turned to rage, and an emotion he thought he would never direct at Chomper, hate. "This is all you fault!" Littlefoot snarled as he wheeled around at Chomper. "My fault?!" Chomper asked, shocked.

Though they did lose someone, Shorty had volunteered to come, Chomper didn't force him to. "Yeah your fault, if you hadn't brought us here, then Shorty would still be alive!" Littlefoot growled.

"He came on his own accord!" Chomper said, trying to maintain his composure. "I'm taking command of the Resistance now, and the first thing I'm doing is chasing you and your worthless family out!" Littlefoot growled.

"Wait, guys we can work this out...." Spike tried to mediate, but was cut off by Chomper and Littlefoot. "YOU TAKE THAT BACK!" Chomper roared, his eyes narrowing to slits. "Never!" Littlefoot snarled back. "I don't care if you're my friend, I will kill you if threaten them!" Chomper growled.

"You traitor!" Littlefoot roared. "I keep the promises I make Littlefoot, I intend to protect my family! I hope you're here to see it!" Chomper said. "TRAITOR!" Littlefoot roared as he swung his tail at Chomper.

Chomper narrowly missed getting hit, and charged at Littlefoot, ramminng him into the ground. Chomper let out an earsplitting roar as he prepared to end the fight, but Cera and Spike got between them. "Enough of this pointless fighting!" Cera ordered.

"But he..." Littlefoot began, but soon, he realized what he did. "Chomper I..." He started. "Shut up!" Chomper snarled, still seething with anger. Littlefoot realized how far he went, and how Shorty's death was not Chomper's fault, but the sharptooth who killed him.

"Chomper I'm sorry." Littlefoot stuttered. Chomper stomped off, but not before glaring at Littlefoot.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Chapter 20, Recruiting

After the attack at the pass and the secure of an entrance, Chomper and Littlefoot split up, Littlefoot went off to recruit allies for the attack, while Chomper led several more guerilla attacks. These had not gone unnoticed, and Darkclaw ordered more patrols and the hunt for the base to accelerate.

This of course made it much harder to conduct sabotage, and made the line of communication between the Resistance group near the valley and Littlefoot's recruiing weak, several weeks often gone by and they never heard from him.

For months this routine continued, and the war progressed well for Darkclaw, his blitzkrieg had conquered almost three thousand miles of land, and he was planning on continuing this.

Most of his territory was to the far east area away from the valley, and it seemed like he would be able to conquer the entire world in a matter of years. World conquest, a vast empire where his rule dominated, and he could lead the sharpteeth in a golden age, on the backs of their leaf eater slaves.

Unfortunatley, he still failed in finding the Resistance base, and he needed to, otherwise they would gain the same strength they had during the last part of the war.

Littlefoot's recruiting had gained almost 2,000 supporters, and his words began to drive many more into the army, soon they would bring the war to the valley. Flyers who delivered messages eventually got to Chomper, and told him that they were almost finished, and soon, the war would end.

As the long months wore on, and almost 9 months passed since the initial invasion of the valley, Littlefoot had gained nearly 50,000 allies, and he gave a flyer a message to Chomper: "I have our army, we can end this."

By the 11th months, the 50,000 troops crossed the distance Littlefoot traveled, and were nearing the Valley. Soon, the decisive blow would come.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Should I do a sequel after I am finished with this? I want everyone who is still reading this opinion. As a heads up, its a massive crossover that will actually explore the gang's past, and the future of the universe as a whole, and so many other franchises will be in the sequel, and some I made up.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Chapter 21, Battle of The Mysterious Beyond

A/N: Sorry about not updating for more then a week, I was on a cruise where it would cost like 250 dollars a minute for internet access, so I couldn't update, and will make up for this with a longer chapter, and the decisive battle in the war.

The resistance army had amassed about 4 miles from the Great Valley, and nearly a year had passed since the beginning of the war, and nearly half that had been Littlefoot's long absence as he recruited an army to officially oppose Darkclaw, and many on both sides predicted this would be the end, the decisive clash, the end of the line. The battlecry of the army could be heard as they marched.

At the army's head was Chomper, Littlefoot, Cera, Tyranna, Ducky, Petrie, Spike, Ruby, and what remained of their families. Many other dinosaurs began to join, and their force now numbered by the thousands. Meanwhile, several of Darkclaw's sharpteethed flyers spotted the army, and they rushed to alert Darkclaw.

About half an hour later, Chomper saw Darkclaw's army, and his eyes narrowed. Despite the sharptooth blitzkrieg in full swing, Darkclaw still had roughly 4,000 sharpteeth in the area, more then the Resistance's combined group.

Soon, the clouds began to darken, and rain gushed down, thunder smashed in the distance, and lightning illuminated the area. The two armies were just half a mile away, and they were closing fast. Suddenly, Darkclaw raised a clawed hand, and immediatley, the sharpteeth stopped.

Chomper did the same, and Littlefoot nodded, confirming Chomper's order. The front lines of the armies were just a hundred feet, and both side's flyers were preparing to take off.

Two radically different sides faced eachother, the flatteeth were jumbled and unorganized, while the sharpteeth were in lines, shoulder to shoulder. Darkclaw stepped forward, a cruel smirk on his demonic face.

"So this is how you want this to end? To get ripped apart by my well trained, strong, fit, and lethal sharpteethl? I can offer you one...last...chance to live." Darkclaw hissed.

Chomper stepped forward to reply. "Never! Your enslavement of sharpteeth and flatteeth alike is about to end! You will pay for all the atrocities you committed, all the innocent blood spilled by your army, you will pay for your crimes against nature itself!" Chomper growled, earning a cheer from the flatteeth.

Darkclaw sneered again. "Advise your army, you can fight and all of you will die, or you cannot fight in which only most of you will die!" Darkclaw declared. "We will fight, and you will die!" Chomper snarled. "So be it! ATTACK!" Darkclaw roared, and the sharpteeth began running towards them.

"Charge!" Chomper cried and the flatteeth attacked. For five seconds, both armies were charging, then suddenly all hell broke loose. The two clashed, and immediatley, the roars of anger, cries of pain, horrible sound of slashing, biting, whipping, punching, and goring filled the air.

Two flyers caught eachother in mid air, and slashed eachother, cutting deep wounds. A spiketail used her spikes to skewer a raptor. A longneck screamed as his neck was cracked by a Sharptooth. A Darkclaw supporting Spinosaurus was torn to pieces by a Chomper supporting T-rex.

The rain soon caused a massive mudslide from the top of a nearby hill, and it crushed many dinosaurs on both sides, and a nearby river soon ran red. The sky was filled with dogfights between flyers, and bodies rained to the ground.

Through all the static fighting, neither side gained any ground, it seemed that it would be a bloody stalemate. Through all this, Chomper attacked every sharptooth affiliated with Darkclaw, usually characterized by their attacks on leaf eaters.

He was searching for Darkclaw, to end the fight, once and for all. As he fought, he caught a glimpse of the Spinosaurus watching the battle from another, rockier mountain. He isn't even fighting? Chomper thought with anger as he ran to end the fight.

As he ran, he saw a small path that led upwards, what he needed to get to Darkclaw. As he ran, he saw the sharptooth and a lightning strike on a nearby tree set the area ablaze, their was no turning back. "Murderor!" Chomper hissed in a low, dangerous voice as he stalked towards Darkclaw.

"So you have the audacity to face me alone? So be it!" Darkclaw snarled, as he began to circle. Both prepared, then suddenly, Darkclaw used his tail to fling hot embers at Chomper. He was distracted for a moment, but that was all Darkclaw needed, he leapt at Chomper and his jaws closed on his neck.

Chomper flung the older sharptooth off him and the fight was on. They slashed, bit, whipped, rammed, anything, but they were at a stalemate, no equal power.

The battle was a stalemate, and it seemed that neither would win. Though well trained, the sharpteeth fought robotically, conventionally, unprepared for their enemies' engenuity and creativeness, and were taking massive casualties. The flatteeth's motivation seemed to be slowly turning the tide.

Ruby watched the battle, as a fast runner, she couldn't actually fight without risk of certain death, so, like other, under armed flatteeth, they watched the battle and took care of the hatchlings.

However, out of the corner of her eye, she saw, at the bottom of the ledge, Spike getting pummeled by a sharptooth, and, against her instincts, ran to her friends aid.

What would she do? What could she do? She had no idea, but was intent on helping her friend. Her only good weapon was her beak, which she could use to distract the sharptooth long enough for Spike to get up, and end the fight. Hopefully that would work.

As she ran at the sharptooth, she opened her beak, and delivered a painful bite to its leg. The predator roared in pain, and wheeled around. Ruby dodged its attacks with ease, but she saw that, to her shock, and realization, that Spike's legs were broken, and that he was dying from his injuries.

"Spike! N-" She was cut off when the sharptooth bit down on her, her moment's distraction all the sharptooth needed, and it crushed her in his powerful jaws, but spit her out, abandoning the carcass to prepare to take on his next opponent.

But he never got the chance, Spike used his last strength to whip his spikes into the sharptooth's legs, breaking them. The predator roared as he fell, and Spike positioned his spike right behind the head, a horrible sound rent the air, and the sharptooth died.

Spike sighed, but he could do nothing else, for his last breath left his body, and he went limp.

Nearby, Littlefoot had rallied many flatteeth for a direct charge on the sharpteeth lines, and had succeeded, splitting the sharptooth front in two. As the flatteeth manuevered to take on their respective opponents, the flyer battle began to die down. The flatteeth flyers had succeeded in killing all the flyer leaders, and now killed off the sharpteeth flyers stuck in dissaray.

The battle would soon be over, and with it the war, for the sharpteeth were getting torn apart, ground down by a remorseless offensive motivated by revenge, hatred, and liberation.

Chomper and Darkclaw's battle was still raging, and they were both tiring. Chomper knew that he needed to kill Darkclaw here and now, for the very safety of the dinosaur world depended on it. But before he could get a good attack, Darkclaw rammed him, and they both fell into the crowd below.

As Darkclaw got up, his eyes widened, no sharpteeth on his side remained, he had lost the battle, and every flattooth still alive stood there, with a mix of fear, anger, and hatred.

Darkclaw tried to find an escape route, but Chomper blocked his way, covered in dirt, and with many scratches and scars on his body, but alive. Both of their eyes narrowed to slits, and they prepared for the final attack.

Darkclaw knew he had lost, but he had passed beyond caring, he would kill Chomper, whether he died aswell or not. With a roar of anger, hatred, and insanity, the sail-back charged.

Chomper charged aswell, and they met, the two fought as hard as they could, drawing much blood. But Chomper, filled with all the happy memories of his mate, children, parents, and friends he held so dear to him, let his will-power, and love, and loyalty, guide his movements.

In a sudden movement, Chomper swung his tail so hard that he shattered Darkclaw's jaw, earning a cry of pain and shock. He attacked again, and this time, got his jaw around Darkclaw's neck, and bit down as hard as he could.

A cracking sound was heard, but Chomper continued, and soon, he bit through. Darkclaw fell to the ground in pieces, literally. His once red eyes now dull, the rage and hatred were gone, and in those eyes, only shocked fear. Chomper panted, but realized what had happened.

For a second there was silence, but then, the crowd erupted into cheers, and Chomper's closest friends and family ran to him. Tyranna, Rex and Koda reached him first, followed by Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie, Tria, Tricia, Bron, Guido, and so many others who fought with him in the battle.

After the battle, celebrations occurred all over the world upon news of Darkclaw and his armies death. In the Great Valley, much singing and dancing occurred, and even some mingling between sharpteeth and flatteeth occurred. The sharpteeth gorged on the dead sharpteeth from Darkclaw's army, they didn't dare to eat the bodies of the dead leaf eaters out of respect.

After several days, it turned to mourning, many had lost their entire families, and several committed suicide out of sadness. Ducky and Chomper were particularly hard hit. They lost friends they were so close to. The gang all comforted and mourned with them, and after a while, both began to go back to their old selves.

However, a pressing issue existed that Chomper found out about just days after the battle ended. Apparently, Darkclaw had a mate who was killed in the fighting, and they had a single egg, which hadn't hatched yet. Chomper was debating with Tyranna on what to do.

Tyranna didn't want to see an innocent life be taken, and Chomper agreed, but their was a possibility that it would turn out like its parents, and no one wanted that. To prevent that, and after much debate, Chomper and Tyranna adopted the egg, just when it hatched.

The hatchling was nothing like Darkclaw in terms of appearance. She had tan skin with a striking blue stripe on her back, which would grow into her sail as she matured, and her eyes were a bright, beautiful green, unlike Darkclaw's terrifying red eyes.

This difference in looks made it easier for Chomper and Tyranna to accept her, and soon, she was a full member of their family. Rex and Koda got a long great with her, though they didn't know whose daughter she was, as did many, because Chomper told everyone she was the daughter of a sharptooth who died in the fighting, though they wouldn't tell who.

Over time, peace became the norm, and many on both sides learned eachother's language, and soon, friendships between them formed, and the sharpteeth lived on fish and mammals. Chomper was given a position as representative of the sharpteeth in the Great Valley council, and he and Littlefoot formed a duo-leadership, leading the Great Valley into a new golden age.

The end.

A/N: Its finally done! :celebrate I can't believe I finished it, I usually never finish fanfictions, as many are inspired only by passing interests. I am proud of this, so tell me your overall opinion of this please.

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
What did you think of the story, do you think there should be a sequel?