The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Descendants of The Mountains

Nahla · 51 · 8016

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hello guys,all my other fics are canceled,I don't find them enjoyable to write anymore,it feels like a chore to update them. They will most likely be deleted off s so I do not have a pile off never gonna be finished fics on here. The Shadowlands thingy was made up during a bad time in my life,so I created a dark world with no hope of happiness,the actual story change that many times to the one you might know today,but that is going bye bye so yeah.

I'm trying a new writing style this time around,this one story starts off with the intro to the stories main characters. Littlefoot and Nahla (the infamous OC of mine),the first part is Nahla's birth before Littlefoot completely takes things over.

The age difference between the two would be,I'll say about a yearish (I'm go by human ages for LBT since I do not know the LBT ages 'system' so Littlefoot would be the equal of a 1 year old human child.

To make things interesting interesting,Littlefoot's Mother (Jenna) and Bron will be there. The rest of the gang (Cera,Ducky etc) will also be in this,but they don't have in until another couple chapters,after that they are quite important characters.

Italics=the thoughts of Nahla and Littlefoot in each of their parts.

~

Italics=the thoughts of Nahla and Littlefoot in each of their parts.

(EDITED) Summary: They said there would be a longneck born,one with the power to contact his or her ancestors. That one will be able to find the second missing family and return to Mountain Longnecks to full strength. Guided by their ancestors words Nahla and her best friend Littlefoot must learn to take their place in their family's ancient home for they are the lost descendants of the mountains.

~
Chapter 1
~

What's happening?! My world...it's changing! What is going on? Who is that?

A small pale pink longneck hatchling looked around the world she just entered,it was way different then the egg she always known. What were these big shapes? Why were they looking at her? Why is that one lowering it's great head down to her? She backed up as this strange new creature licked her with gentle strokes of it's tongue. Wait..that feels calming...soothing. The hatchling edged closer,studying the warm loving eyes of the creature in front of her,something inside of her told her to trust this creature,something told her this creature won't harm her.

"I'm here" the creature whispered nuzzling the small creature "I'm your mother little one"

Mother? She is my mother.

The hatchling stuck out her own tiny tongue licking the one who was her mother,she now felt no need to be scared in this great big world,but who was that other one?

Another longneck,just as tall as the other stopped by the side of the first one "And I'm your father"

Father? I have both a mother and father? They are both so big! How come I'm so small? Woah! What is happening now? The ground is leaving me,I'm in the air

The mother longneck chuckled as she placed her new daughter on her back,the father smiled and nuzzled his mate lovingly.

"What shall we call her,Nani?" the male asked.

Nani? Is that what father calls mother?

"Nahla" Nani replied she looked down at the small from on her back "My little Nahla..."

"Is it here?" a younger voice asked as a smaller longneck ran up to her parents "Is the new hatchling here? Is my sibling here?!"

I wonder who that is...she is small,still bigger then me though. But she is way smaller then mother and father.

"Yes,Tara" Nani chuckled "Come meet your little sister"

Sister?

"A sister?! I have a sister?!" the smaller one that had been called Tara exclaimed "Wow this is the best day ever! I always wanted a sister!"

Gee she is a loud mouth...

Nahla was startled at the fact of how loud Tara was speaking.

So many changes,it's all happening too fast.

"Now now,lets not scare her Tara" her father chuckled picking up Tara and putting her on her mother's back so she can see her new sister up close.

"Ohhhh" Tara squealed "She is sooo cute" she giggled "I can't wait until she big enough so I can play with her" she thought for a moment "What is her name?"

"Nahla" Nani commented nuzzling both her daughters in turn.

"Nahla..." Tara whispered "I will protect you...my sister"

I know you will,sister...

~

"Littlefoot! Come back!" a voice called as a small brown longneck hatchling burst through a bush,quickly followed by an adult grey female.

Littlefoot giggled,he loved doing this,he didn't get why his mother or Grandparents didn't like it.

"Busted" his mother said grabbing him by his tail,such is the advantage of being a full grown longneck compared to a hatchling one.

Mother is no fun,she never lets me go explore.

"Poor Littlefoot,he thinks he can fool us but never can" Littlefoot's grandfather laughed,his grandmother chuckled with her mate.

"He's got an adventurous spirit" Grandma commented as her daughter came with carrying the squirming hatchling.

Why do I have to be so small?

"Don't worry,Littlefoot" Grandpa said warmly as he took his grandson from his daughter and put him in front of a pile of tree-stars Grandma got for him "You can do whatever you want when you're all grown up"

"Now now,dear don't go giving him ideas about 'doing whatever he wants'" Grandma commented making the adults of the family chuckle.

"Hey,he takes after his father" the young one's mother stated lowering her head to nuzzle her son who was batting a tree-star.

"Hey! I heard that" a male voice came as a brown adult male joined them,Bron glared at his mate before chuckling "Are you implying I am the same as the squirt,Jenna" he snarled in a joking tone.

"Yes,yes I am,Bron dear" Jenna smiled warmly.

Bron poked his tongue at his mate,resulting in her hitting him with her tail lightly "Don't stick out your tongue,you'll teach Littlefoot bad manners"

Hehe,mama and dada are funny.

"Both of you stop" Grandma butted in trying to hide her laughter "You're both acting like children"

"But mum,he started it" Jenna said in a childish tone pointing to Bron.

"I don't care who started it,I'm finishing it" Grandma smiled shaking her head,sometimes she questioned her daughter and son-and-law's sanity.

Babyish giggles came from Littlefoot "Funny!" he cried.

"Yes Littlefoot,funny...wait a second" she whipped her head around to face her son her eyes wide.

"His first word!" Bron cried.

"Funny! Funny!" Littlefoot cheered.

"Oh my baby boy!" Jenna nuzzled her son like he just showed the family a tree of never ending food "You can talk! My baby boy can talk!"

"Just wait until he learns more words,you'll be wishing he'll go back to not being able to talk" Grandpa joked but was enjoying this special moment as much as anyone else.

"Can you say Mama?" Jenna asked lovingly "Go on Littlefoot,say Mama"

"M-m-a-ma..mama" was the happy reply.

"Say Dada" Bron smilled.

"Dodo!"

"No no,Littlefoot dada" Bron said softly while Jenna snorted with laughter.

"Dodo" Littlefoot said again tilting his head,isn't he saying what they wanted?.

Behind them,Grandma and Grandpa were laughing "I love this kid" Grandpa whispered to Grandma causing her to snort with laughter.

A tail was laid across Bron's side "Don't worry Bron,he'll get it one day" Jenna said softly "But at least he agrees with us that you're a dodo with no common sense" she nuzzled her mate "But I could not picture anyone else but you being my mate"

Bron smiled in response and picked up their son,placing him on his mothers head "You mister" he taped Littlefoot's nose lightly with his tail "Don't be calling Daddy 'dodo' okay?"

Littlefoot nodded happily,almost as if he was agreeing with Bron.

"Good boy,now have a nap now" said Bron as he nuzzled the little one.

Littlefoot instantly curled up and closed his eyes.

"So,we'll give it five minutes until he stops pretending to be asleep and and sneaks off after we put him down so we can relax for a bit?" Grandma asked with a smile,Littlefoot had done this so many times it was now predictable.

"Yep,five minutes" Jenna agreed putting Littlefoot down on a bed of soft grass as she said it.

"So who goes after him this time?" Bron questioned and frowned when everyone instantly looked at him "Oh come on!"

~~

Please point out any spelling/wording mistakes I may have missed in my proof read.

In case you're wondering,no Nahla's father is NOT Hades,Hades no longer exists.

So you think this could be an interesting story (judging from my 'little' too long summary)? I did not plan this,it was a spur of the moment idea.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This was quite a nice beginning.  :yes It also follows the strategy of the original film, by introducing the characters upon their own hatching.  The confused and disjointed thoughts of Nahla after her hatching excellently shows her uncertainty concerning the mysterious, new world she finds herself.  Based upon Nahla's thoughts and Tara's personality, I can certainly see some humorous interactions between the two sisters in the future.  

I also liked the interactions between Littlefoot's parents and grandparents.  I rather enjoyed it when the Grandparents laughed when Littlefoot calls Bron a "dodo" and Jenna remarked that he had no common sense.  :lol

I look forward to seeing how this story develops.   :)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Aww, it's sad that you're giving up your old fics. Your writing style wasn't great in these fics and they really were kinda dark but the story itself was pretty cool, so were your OC's... Well, at least Nahla survived the change :lol

Now regarding the new story (that has a very mysterious title): Well, the extended summary doesn't make much sense to me YET because I don't know what's gonna happen :smile Well, the last few sentenced were familiar since you have told me about those aspects earlier already (yes, I have read them despite not answering :angel).
The Nahla part: I really like how you follow the order of events that is also shown in the original movie ;) Obviously, you had to add some more dialogue since there is also Tara, Nahla's little sister. She appears to be quite excited about her new sis :smile
As in terms of writing style this short birth scene of Nahla is already proof enough to say that the new writing style is much better than your old one :yes Using those thoughts and putting them in italics is really a great step to becoming a good fanfiction author :) Or, shall we say, a BETTER fanfiction author than you already are :exactly

Aww, Littlefoot's scene is just absolutely hillarious and amazing :smile Love it! All of it!

Keep it up, Nahla! This is gonna become a good fic if you continue like this :exactly

I only noticed one little issue:
Grandma asked with a smile,Littlefoot had does this so many times it was now predictable.
It ought to be "had done" instead of "had does" :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: rhombus,Apr 24 2014 on  02:07 PM

I also liked the interactions between Littlefoot's parents and grandparents. I rather enjoyed it when the Grandparents laughed when Littlefoot calls Bron a "dodo" and Jenna remarked that he had no common sense. :lol

Yeah,poor Bron though  :lol,he was not expecting that xD. Thanks for the support.

~

AN: (no these won't happen in every chapter,just with big changes such as ageing or timeskipping)

This chapter takes place 7 years after the first.

So Nahla would be 7,Littlefoot 8 and Tara I decide is about 15 (so she was 7 when Nahla was born),just thought Nahla could have a teenaged sister she kinda looks up to.

Shorty (who is now in this story) is 15 like Tara.

Well I can't remember if Littlefoot or Shorty is meant to be older...oh well. The age difference between Littlefoot and Shorty is for storyline reasons,not spoiling what for though My fic,my world,I control it xD. Yeah I know Shorty is not meant to be a teenager but around Littlefoot's ages,but I'm doing this for storyline reasons. So sorry if you feel like I'm throwing the movies out the window.

Anyway,onwards.

~
Chapter 2

~

Tara lay snoozing in the sun,her parents were a little way off,she was supposed to be watching her little sister Nahla,but alas she wasn't really focusing on that. She sighed,her sister was such a little pest,but she adored her more then anything in the world. She blinked as she tried to locate her sister-not a thing. "Oh where did she go now,I swear this little squirt does this on purpose" she muttered standing up to go track down Nahla.

As she left sight,a pink body backed up of a log. Nahla giggled "Works everytime"she said to herself. Nahla was a mischievous youngster,she just wanted to have fun. She turn and walked off in the other direction. She studied the landspace,her and her family were in a small hidden valley,Nahla recently came down with an illness and choosing not to drag her through the Mysterious Beyond sick,her family had been hiding in here instead-until she was recovered. Luckily the illness was very minor,just a bad tummy ache if anything. Though it did cause Nahla discomfort,as much as she refused to admit it. Nahla remembered what her father told her.

"Where we are going,there is more food then you can ever dream off. Water so clear you can see the bottom of the lakes,it really lives up to it's name... The Great Valley"

"The Great Valley" Nahla whispered she sat down to think,not noticing something sneaking up behind her.

~

"And when it seemed all hope was lost..there he stood it was...THE LONE DINOSAUR-OW Littlefoot was jerked out of his 'pretending' by a misplaced foot and a tree root.

"Nice one" another voice said.

Littlefoot looked up to see a green longneck looking down at him"Hi,Shorty" Littlefoot grumbled standing up "You had to come just as I trip didn't you?".

"Of course bro,besides don't blame me. Mum sent me to get you" he gave a crooked smiled "Man it weird calling other longnecks my parents..." Shorty admitted. Shorty was an orphan when Bron found him while he was scouting ahead for food during a terrible cold time a few years back. Weak,injured Shorty would of had no chance of surviving alone,Bron knew that and didn't even think twice about taking him back to his herd. Jenna nursed him back to health without complaining for a moment. It wasn't long before she started feeling Shorty as her own son. It was nothing to have a discussion over,the family had a new official member. Littlefoot,though a bit jealous at first soon lighten up at having a brother,he was now completely devoted to Shorty. And Shorty protected his new little brother right back.

"Oh?" Littlefoot asked "What does she want?"

"I don't know" Shorty admitted "It's something for both of us,but she said she wanted both of us to be there before she tells us what"

"Oh ok" Littlefoot began heading towards the nest,Shorty followed him closely. Though Shorty towered over Littlefoot,he was smaller then he should be for a male of his age,he was the average size-for a female.

Shorty sighed,he remembered Jenna trying to cheer him up by saying some dinosaurs were just late bloomers,and they have a sudden and huge growth spurt,and he was one of those.

"Oh you found him" the voice of their mother jerked Shorty from his thoughts and he watched Littlefoot run up to her "Thank you Shorty".

Shorty nodded though he didn't really hear,"So what is up? Something wrong?".

"Wrong?" Jenna questioned "Oh no,everything is fine. I just heard of some news,something that you two might enjoy"

"What is it,Mother?" Littlefoot asked.

"It's a tradition in the valley" Jenna began "Every year around this time-well in a few days anyway the young ones of the valley and their parents of course,travel to Saurus Rock for a night of stories,games and food giving. It is to mark the anniversary of when The Lone Dinosaur himself saved the Great Valley" Jenna smiled when she saw the look on Littlefoot's face,she knew her youngest son admired the legendary dinosaur who lived so long ago "At first it was thought to be spiritual,that the nothing bad ever happened on that for the Lone Dinosaur himself would rise from the dead and protect the valley once more and if you dared to speak against The Lone Dinosaur's name on that night,bad luck would fall upon you and your most cherished loved ones"

"Is that really true?" Shorty asked "Seems like an old folks tale to me".

Jenna chuckled "Well,thats the story behind it. But all in all it's just a night of fun and games for the little ones"

Littlefoot looked up wide eyed "You mean...there is gonna be a g-g-g-host?" he shook,actually terrified "What if I say something bad? Will he do something bad to us?"

"There will be no dead dinosaur at Saurus Rock,I promise" Jenna said softly,realizing she actually scared her child "Dinosaurs do not rise from the dead. I promise all it is is games,little one" she tried to comfort Littlefoot "The story about him coming back and cursing you is just a legend made to scare dinosaurs".

"Oh" Littlefoot pretty much whispered.

Shorty sighed and moved over to his brother "Hey it ok,bro. I won't let any creepy old guy hurt yah"

"Why don't I tell you's another story?" Jenna suggested.

"What? Is this one about savage blood sucking three-horns?" Shorty joked making Littlefoot giggle.

"No,no" Jenna chuckled "It's about the Ancient Longnecks"

"Ancient Longnecks?" a new voice came as Bron joined them "You're gonna tell them about them?"

"Of course" Jenna replied "They are an important part in history of longnecks everywhere"

"Well,why call them Ancient longnecks?" Bron smirked "I believe the term everyone uses these days are the Mountain Longnecks"

"What about them?" Shorty pressed on as Littlefoot lay down against his side,ready for the story.

"Well,far away into the mountains,isolated from other herds lives a longneck herd,or tribe as they call themselves for some reason..." Jenna began "They have lived there since the dawn of time,it's said they have the power to contact the spirits of their ancestors,and the ones that have passed on can walk in the sleep stories of the living. Sending them messages of hope or incoming danger"

"That seems creepy...but cool" Littlefoot commented "I would be kinda freaked if a dead dinosaur started talking to me"

"Trust me son,these mountain longnecks are very different then us here in the valley" Bron carried on "They are completely guided by their ancestors. Here,we have a council that decides things,the mountain longnecks do not believe in that".

"Why not?" Shorty asked frowning.

"It's just their way,their culture" Jenna said softly "Many say they need to stop living in the old times and start living the ways of today. But they refuse to change their ways and traditions,and I agree they should be allowed to. They ain't harming anyone in doing so"

"There was originally five families making up the herd...er tribe" Bron added "But now only three remain"

"What happen to the other two?" a wide eyed Littlefoot asked.

"No one knows" an old voice answered,Grandma and Grandpa heard what was going on and joined them.

"Some say the two families vanished or died out. Some also say that those two families still live on,though of course the family members that broke off from the mountain longnecks would be long dead by now,but their descendants still live on,and still carry the blood of the Mountain Longnecks in them" it was Grandpa who spoke.

"Woah..." the two brother breathed at the same time..

"Is it true?" Littlefoot sat up.

"Yes dear,unlike the ghost-at-Saurus Rock-story-deal,the Mountain longnecks are very real and still live there today. However no one knows what happened to the two lost families"

"They say,one day a longneck will meet a Mountain longneck in his or her sleep stories,and discover they are in fact,the lost descendant,and with that knowledge he or she will be able to find the second family and the mountain longnecks will have the five once more" it was Grandma's turn to tell the story "But that part I have no idea if it is true or not" she added quickly "The two families could be long gone for all anyone knows".

The two brothers were silent,silenced by the story. They never knew out there,there was a whole different way of life being lived.

"I want to meet the Mountain longnecks!" Littlefoot commented happily.

Grandpa chuckled "And one day,you just might Littlefoot...you just might"

~

"They live on"

A female rose her head to look at the old male that spoken "Pardon?"

"The missing two" the male said "They live on,they still carry our blood"

"You mean.. Ahote's and and Teetonka's families? The ones that split off from us?"

"Yes,the very ones"

"How is that possible?"

"I walked with Ahote and Teetonka last night in my sleep stories" the male answered "They have direct descendants living,each have gotten the power of contact which had otherwise died out in their lines. Our ancestors will be able to reach them in their sleepstories"

The female blinked "Who are they and are they young?"

"Children" the male now turned to look at her "They won't understand their power,but they must know they are one of us." he looked up at the sky "One is a female,Nahla she comes from Teetonka's line. The other a male coming from Ahote's line is named Littlefoot"

"So what is the plan?"

"Teetonka contacts the girl,her family is heading to the valley where the boy resides. Neither have met though that can be arranged. Teetonka's speaks with the girl,show her some flashbacks. Show her who she really is,and with luck and Teetonka gives her a big enough hint she'll realize that Littlefoot is the other"

"And?"

"I am not sure,that lies with our ancestors what she does about that or what the boy does,the most important thing is that they come to the mountains where they belong,after that we'll just have to figure out which side of their parents is a Mountain longneck too"

"Hmmm..." the female murmured "I do have a question though-why are we going through the girl?"

The male shrugged "I don't know,thats just the way they want to do it. The result is the same in the end anyway".

"True enough" the female said and and turned away.

~

A scream filled the air,Nahla was shocked when someone or something grabbed her. "Let me go! HELP!"

"Calm down squirt,it's me"

"Tara!" Nahla cried "Don't do that! I thought you were a sharptooth or something grabbing me"

"Well,you shouldn't of ran off and then I wouldn't of had to come and grab you" she snorted and carrying her sister by the tail she walked back to the family's current resting place "Just be happy mum and dad aren't back yet to know you disobeyed their orders" she dropped her sister on a pile of soft grass before laying down next to her. "You know Nahla,I still remember the day you hatched,boy you looked so confused" she chuckled.

Nahla poked her tongue at Tara "Well,you were confusing me. I have no idea what you were doing,you were such a loudmouth"

"Oh yeah?" Tara smiled with mischief "Come here you little squirt" before Nahla knew what was happening,Tara grabbed her and trapped her between her front legs "I know your weakness,take this" she grabbed a tall nearby flower and stared using it to tickle her sister on the chin.

"No! No stop it!" Nahla said through laughter as she tried to break away "Tara stop it!"

"Nah" she chuckled before noticing one of Nahla's feet was exposed which quickly began her new target for her 'attacking' "This is fun,I could get used to this game" Tara giggled as Nahla tried to pull her foot back laughing heavily.

"Tara! Stop it-it-it tickles"

Chuckling,Tara dropped the flower and released her sister "Thats what you get for running away from me"

Nahla huffed but leaned her head into her sister.

Sighing,Tara pulled Nahla closer to her nuzzling her softly "Ok I admit,I can't stay mad at you" she whispered "Besides,who I am to talk? I was just like you once,but after you were born. I changed my ways"

Nahla rose her head "Why?"

"Because I wanted to protect you at all costs,I wanted to be the best big sister I could be"

"Oh Tara...you are the best big sister" Nahla yawned.

Tara smiled and lick Nahla's face "Have a rest now,I won't leave you I promise"

Nahla smiled and closed her eyes,she took a breath in and whispered "I love you,Tara" she sighed before falling into sleep.

Tara smiled and rubbed her head against Nahla's body "I love you too sis,sleep well. I'll protect you"

~

AN:

Ok,so in the first part of this chapter,we got Nahla being a little annoying brat xD.

In the second part we got,Littlefoot and Shorty learning the Mountain Longnecks story.

In the third part we meet some mystery characters,these Mountain Longnecks are a very strange bunch aren't they?

And then we end off with some sister love,nawww.

In case you're wondering,the Mountain Longnecks have their own culture and beliefs. And most of their names will be either be Native American or Maasai,just to make them stand out from the valley dinosaurs even more then they do...xD

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
No more Shadowlands? Well,you're just gonna have to tell me what would of happened :p.

No more Hades? Thats so wonderful! I mean-thats too bad...I liked Hades...in a I wish you would kill him off forever and I would cheer kind of way...

Nahla,you soo improved in just one fic. You have put more detail and length into chapters now (yeah I know,I can talk but honestly I don't like writing fics I just want to read other peoples ones so I really don't try xD).

I love the Nahla and Tara bonding you got happening,and that you made Shorty Littlefoot's adopted big brother,I'm curious to know what the reason is to make Shorty a teenager instead of 'Littlefoot aged' like the movies. Then again I find it sweet that Littlefoot kinda has a big brother to protect him,just like Nahla has her big sister.

I loved it when Littlefoot called Bron 'dodo' in the first chapter,I nearly spit out my drink with laughter.

I'm curious who the Mystery Longnecks are,well you made it pretty clear they are indeed Mountain Longnecks,but other then that you have me stumped.

Can't wait until Nahla first gets to meet this..umm whats his name Treetona? Wait...Teetonka,

Gee Nahla,can't you ever use ENGLISH names (kidding by the way  :lol).

I know 'Nahla' is Arabic,'Nani' is Hawaiian and since you have not revealed Nahla's father's name yet not sure what he would be.

Nahla,this fic is very promising. You're improving so much quickly. I mean I read one of your old fics and what you have so far on this one-I can't believe they are written by the same person. You're style changed that much.

Seriously,who are you and what have you done with Nahla?!!

Keep it up,Nahla.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, here's what I think about Tara: She has a sort of personality like Cera. She's quite a moody teenager but at the same time a loving and caring big sister to lil' Nahla :p The two are a funny team, I enjoyed reading the tickling part, in particular :smile Oh, and Nahla's quite the naughty girl... boys like naughty girls so... Once she meets Littlefoot, I'm pretty sure I know what's gonna happen :DD

So Shorty will be in this fic too. Nice :smile Making him the big brother of Littlefoot with a reasonable backstory, is a good move. The storytelling scene is very cool since you take the two main themes from LBT VI - Bad Luck and The Lone Dinosaur - and add this cool myth :p Oh, and the Mountain (or Ancient) Longnecks seem to be a bunch of strangers :D I wonder where this is gonna lead but I'm sure I'm gonna like it, knowing you ;)

Good job again!

~

I noticed some word repetitions ("and" twice for example) and you sometimes forget to use the past form --> you forget the "-ed" at the end of verbs sometimes. :)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nice addition.  :) I don't really have much to add as Ducky's thoughts pretty much match my own with regards to this chapter.  I am very curious to see how you portray these mountain longnecks.  :yes

Keep up the good work!

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ok,this story is really fun to write,meh can't stop.

@Ducky,Mountain (aka Zimba) and Rhombus,thanks you three. And thanks for the typo point outs Ducky,I fixed the one from the first chapter,trying to find the ones in the second.

Anyway...chapter 3 shall we?

~

Chapter 3

~

Huh?

Nahla found herself in a strange place,she looked around "Where am I?" she whispered. In the distance some tall mountains loomed into the sky,behind her a waterfall roared into the river she found herself next to. She stood up "This has got to be a sleep story..." she muttered and walked on,she reached a point where the river split up the land,she looked around for a way to cross "Unless I jump..." she paced along the bank before spotting some stones forming a bridge of some sort,it looked like something or someone placed them that way,it looked too perfectly placed together to be naturally formed. "This is soo weird" the girl said as she walked across the stones,upon reaching the other side she called out "Mummy? Daddy?" she looked from side to side "Tara?".

Nothing.

"Okay...this is really staring to creep me out" Nahla said "Is this some kind of joke?".

"No joke,young Nahla" a voice came from behind her.

Nahla whipped around and nearly screamed when she saw a longneck standing behind her,his eyes seemed to be glowing and his body seemed to be highlighted by a bright glow that made Nahla need to look away "Yeah okay,this is officially creepy"

"There is no need to be scared,Nahla I mean you no harm"

Nahla slowly turned again to face this strange longneck "Where am I? Who are you? And how do you know me?"

"My name is Teetonka,you are in the Umoja Mountains. And I have been watching you since you were hatched,after all I know one of my descendants when I see one"

"Um..oj...a Mountains? Descendants?" Nahla was confused and terrified.

Teetonka nodded "Yes,young one. You are more then you seem to be. You are one of the missing families of the Mountain Longnecks. The mountain blood still exists in you,I can feel it" he then turned Nahla's attention to the area around them "This,is where you're meant to be. This is where your roots first began"

"I...don't understand" Nahla admitted "What are you talking about...my roots?"

Teetonka sighed,he knew this was not going to be easy "How can I explain this in a way you'll understand? Every family of all creatures have a heritage,your heritage comes from here,you come from the line of the pioneer longnecks,first settled here many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many-"

"Yeah,many years ago. I get it" Nahla butted in a bit rudely.

Teetonka glanced at her "Many,many" he noticed Nahla's glare,he knew this was annoying her but it had been a long time since he got to joke around "MANY...years ago".

"I still don't get it though,what does my heritage have to do with today?" Nahla asked,she was not expecting the answer she got.

"You must return to the mountains,the three must become the five once more. Don't you see Nahla? This is where you belong. Under the watchful eyes of your ancestors-me included. I am your Great great great great great Grandfather"

Nahla looked at him,her face said it all 'what the heck?'.

"Yes,that is the correct amount of 'great's'" the male chuckled

"So I'm your great great great ..ah whatever you said Granddaughter?" Nahla was slowly catching on.

"Thats right,though I have been dead a long long while,my line still lives on-the most recent addition to it being you" he pointed towards Nahla with his tail.

"Me?"

"Yes,you were the last born,you are my family Nahla. I made a mistake and took our family away from here...now I ask of you to fix my mistake and return us"

"But...I'm just a kid" Nahla pointed out.

"You will not be doing this alone,we'll guide you and on the way. You will find the second missing" he began fading away.

'Wait! What second missing?" Nahla tried to stop the fading form "Wait! Don't go!"

"Until next time..Nahla".

"WAIT!"

Nahla jerked awake,she panted and looked around,she was back at the resting place and she was curled in Tara's embrace,she looked up and noticed the bright circle setting,she had slept all afternoon. She took a deep breath and trembled.

"Nahla?"

Nahla turned her head to see Tara looking down on her concerned "You alright? You were crying in your sleep and would not stop moving around. Plus you kept saying things about some mountains,roots and ancestors"

"Just a sleepstory" Nahla said softly,most of the time when she had sleep stories she didn't remember much of it. However this time she remembered every single detail.

"Oh,what was it about?" Tara wrapped her neck around her sister,she darted her eyes and smiled at her mother and mouthed 'I'll tell you what she tells me'.

Nani nodded and turned away and rejoined her mate who was looking at his youngest daughter with concerned eyes,he looked at Nani as she stopped by him "Maybe it was just a common sleepscare" he offered.

"No,Kai" Nani sighed "It's something more..."

"What is it then?" Kai frowned,looking from Nani to his daughter and back again.

"I don't know..."

~

"Roar! I'm a hungry sharptooth looking for a tasty longneck to eat" Shorty playfully growled as he chased Littlefoot around the longnecks clearing,their parents and grandparents watched from the sidelines,smiling with amusement.

"Nooo,please don't eat me!" Littlefoot pretended to be scared as Shorty slowly started increasing his speed,as Shorty was faster and had a bigger stride then Littlefoot to begin with,Shorty decided to start out slowly,then 'attack' or tag his brother after a few minutes. Just to be fair on his younger sibling,there would be no point in purposefully defeating him right off the bat,even though Shorty was perfectly capable of doing so.

"Sorry but I'm hungry" Shorty kept up his playful growl "And I need to eat longneck for dinner".

"Nooo-" thump Littlefoot,tripped after putting his foot into a small hole. "Owww..." he said softly shifting,he looked as the leg,not broken but possibly sprained.

"Littlefoot!" his mother cried from the distance,she instantly began to run towards him.

"You okay bro?" Shorty asked,he stopped instantly when he saw Littlefoot down and hurt.

"It hurts.." he sobbed looking down on his leg.

"Let me have a look" Shorty said,and touched the leg with his tail. Jerking away when Littlefoot yelped.

Jenna arrived "Lets take a look,shall we?" she said softly and lay down next to her son,she rubbed her snout trying to check for any obvious broken bones,sighing with relief when she found none. "It just a mild sprain-if anything most of the pain is coming from you crashing down on it,we'll soak it in some cold water but you'll be fine little one" Jenna nuzzled the tears away from Littlefoot's face.

"So he'll be okay?" Shorty asked.

"He'll be fine,after a few days of rest" Jenna reassured.

"Good" Shorty sighed "Well,should we go and do this water thingy you mentioned?" he questioned.

"Right" Jenna said standing up and smiled down at Littlefoot "We'll get you fixed up"

"Come on" Shorty said grabbing him and placing him on his back "I'll carry you,just try and not bang that leg of yours".

Littlefoot smiled as his brother and mother slowly walked back,his grandparents and father were waiting for them by a small pool of water,already guessing what Jenna would of planned to do.

"Is he alright?" Bron instantly questioned when they reached him.

Jenna nodded "Yep,a small sprain if anything. He mostly just banged it,he'll be fine. But I would like to soak it in cold water anyway,it'll ease the pain for him"

"Thought so,so we found you some water" Bron chuckled.

Shorty placed Littlefoot on the soft banks and Grandma went up to them.

"Thank you Shorty" she smiled at the green male who nodded but didn't really reply.

"Now,Littlefoot. I want to take the leg that hurts and rest it in the water here,can you do that for me?" Grandma rubbed her tail along her grandsons back.

"Will it hurt when I do it?" Littlefoot asked worried.

"It might give you a bit of a painful shock for a minute or two" Grandma admitted "But trust me little one,we would not be asking you to do this if all it was going to do is hurt you".

Littlefoot nodded and slowly lowered his leg into the water,nearly crying when a sudden rush of icy pain came to him.

"It'll go away in a minute" Grandma promised again "We just want to take down,or prevent any swelling"

"Yes,Grandma" Littlefoot said quietly and gritted his teeth bearing it and soon enough the pain began fading.

"Just keep it there for a few minutes" Grandma instructed.

"Yes,Grandma" Littlefoot said,he was still a bit confused. But he trusted his Grandma so if she told him to do he,he would.

"Man,I feel bad" Shorty commented.

"Why so?" Grandpa asked him as he walked closer to his adopted grandson,he lowered his gaze to make eye contact with him.

"I chased him into that hole" replied Shorty.

"Did you see that hole coming?" Grandpa questioned.

Shorty paused for a moment "Err...well no"

"Then you didn't do it on purpose did you? Shorty,Littlefoot knows you didn't run him into that hole,you know Littlefoot tends to be quite clumsy and has a tendency to stumble,for him all it takes is one little mis-placed step he just can't regain his- balance quickly. He'll grow out of it in time,most likely. So,today he got banged up a little,all children will hurt themselves growing up,it completely normal from the way they run around and play, nothing no parent,grandparent. -or older brother- do to prevent it they will all trip,stumble,get bumps,bruises and cuts,our job is to make sure they don't get hurt too severely" the old male paused for a breath,and to let it sink into Shorty's mind before continuing "All dinosaurs have some kind of quirk. This is just Littlefoot's. Theres no such thing as the flawless dinosaur".

Shorty smiled "Yeah,Littlefoot is always tripping and stuff" he agreed "And I swear if someone ever bullies him for that I'll-"

"Now now,Shorty. If Littlefoot gets bullied,you'll leave that to us grownups. Not take matters into your own hands" Grandpa interrupted him.

"Sure,Grandpa" Shorty smiled but in his mind he was thinking no,Grandpa. I will defend my brother. No one defended me,no one cared for me. I don't want Littlefoot to feel alone in the world like I did. No...never.

"Good" Grandpa patted him on the head with his tail and looked over,Grandma walked towards them. Littlefoot laying across her back.

"He'll be fine" Grandma nodded to Littlefoot "Might not even be a sprain,but it never pays in life to be too sure. Most likely he just took one of his tumbles and got a little sore in the progress" she chuckled warmly at her grandson. "Come on little one,lets put you to bed" she quickly reached Littlefoot's little pile of grass,gathered by Jenna to give him a soft bedding area and placed him down on it "You stay there,Littlefoot" Grandma whispered "Just rest up,and we will see how you feel tomorrow".

"Yes,Grandma" he watched as Grandma walked away to let him have some peace,he looked up at the sky. It really was a bit too early to go to bed for the night...but...he yawned. Maybe a little nap won't hurt. He closed his eyes and fell into a dreamless,easy sleep.

~

Meanwhile,in the small hidden valley in which Nahla's family was residing,Nahla was just explaining to Tara what her sleep story was about.

"And thats what happened" she said wrapping up the story.

Tara frowned..she swore she heard of those names before... Teetonka... she thought Umoja Mountains...

"I know,it's really weird.." Nahla said quietly "You don't believe,I know"

"No,I believe you Nahla"Tara said "And this Teetonka guy...and these mountains...are real"

"What do you mean?" her sister questioned her.

"Mum and dad...they told me the story of Mountain Longenecks,they come from a place they call the Umoja Mountains,Umoja is meant to mean 'united' or something. Anyway there were at first five families,but now only three are still there. One was lead off by a guy called Ahote and the other was lead off by..." she looked at Nahla "Teetonka"

At that Teetonka's voice rang in her ears,as she remembered what Teetonka told her

"I made a mistake and took our family away from here...now I ask of you to fix my mistake and return us".

"And thats all?" Nahla wondered.

"Well,mum and dad say that the family still lives on outside the mountains,while some say they all remaining families desperately seek the missing two but no no avail..the famlies had lost the power of contact to their mountain ancestors. But they say one day,a dinosaur will be born and with the ability,and it will be his or her job to return their family back to the Mountains,and on the way find the second missing".

Nahla shivered when she realized something,she was the one who had to return her family to the mountains, After all she managed to talk with Teetonka,even know she didn't know how she  managed that.

"Nahla..." Tara's voice was serious "I think...I think your that dinosaur...the one from the legend..."

~

"You hear?' Bron asked as his mate lay by side,near him were both his parents-in-law. Littlefoot was fast asleep in his bed and Shorty was watching over him.

"Hear what?" Jenna asked confused.

"About the swimmer that adopted an orphaned spike-tail" Bron said.

"Oh,you mean Spike?" Grandma questioned "Original name for a spike-tail-Spike" she chuckled.

"Yes,one of her young ones-Ducky found him. The swimmer took him in,at Ducky's request" Grandpa added.

"I think it's sweet" Jenna smiled "If not a bit strange..I mean a swimmer adopting a spike-tail? What's next a longneck raising a sharptooth?"

"Oh yeah,I can soo see Littlefoot finding a sharptooth egg and hatching it thinking it's a leafeater" Bron laughed.

"Yeah,then he'll try and get it to eat green food" Grandma joked making everyone laugh.

"Well,the swimmer adopting the spike-tail has given me an idea" Jenna added after the laughter died down "It's about time the boys learned how to socialize with other creatures besides longnecks,maybe we can arrange for them to meet and and play with this Ducky and Spike..well Littlefoot play anyway,not sure how Shorty would feel about playing with little children outside his own species,he plays with Littlefoot but,Littlefoot is a longneck and his brother"

"True,well we won't force him if he doesn't want to" Bron said calmly "After all,teenagers don't really tend to play with groups of little kids." he chuckled.

"Well,being a teenager is a serious time,things begin to change. You need to stop goofing off so much and start getting more responsible,but there is no rule against having fun with ones little brother...as Shorty does" Grandma smiled and nodded towards the two youngsters.

"Littlefoot will enjoy having playmates his own age though,I am sure" Grandpa commented and then chuckled "Maybe he won't bug us so much if he had friends his own age he can let his energy out with"

"Good point" Jenna chuckled "I'll talk to the other young ones mother tomorrow,see if we can arrange a little playdate as they call it"

"Sounds good" Bron nodded "Just hope Littlefoot can get along with a different species"

"He will.." Jenna said softly "I know he will"

~

"I hope everything is ok..." Nani commented watching as Tara put Nahla down and began to walk towards her and Kai.

"Mum,dad...you're not going to believe this..." Tara said when she reached them.

"What is it,Tara? Something wrong with Nahla?" Kai asked his daughter concerned.

"Nahla...Nahla..." Tara sighed "She...was visited by...Teetonka".

"What?!" Nani exclaimed "Teetonka? But she can't be seen by him unless she's..."

"Mountain blood..." Kai added "Did she mention what Teetonka told her?"

Tara nodded "She visited the Umoja Mountains,she said Teetonka told her she came from the pioneer longnecks of the mountains and she must return there and she could find the second missing. And the three could become five once again"

"Nahla is.." Nani cut herself off "A mountain blood longneck?"

"She must be..." Kai said "Teetonka won't waste his time on a longneck he is not the ancestor too"

"So the legend is true...there will be a dinosaur born,with the power to contact his or her ancestors. The lost families live on...and we are one of them..." Tara said and looked up at her parents "WE are the lost family of Teetonka"

Nani thought for a moment "We can't tell anyone"

"Why not?" Tara asked.

"We just can't...not yet,not until Nahla can find out more.."

"How does she do that?" Kai asked.

"Easy" Nani says "She is a mountain longneck..she can contact her ancestors".

"What to we do until then?" Tara asked.

"Act normally,like always. Make sure Nahla tells us all that goes on" she sighed "However,who we really are must be kept to ourselves,unless Nahla tells us to reveal,or Teetonka asks her to..meanwhile we'll make our way to the Great Valley as planned"

~

Ok thats the longest chapter I ever wrote,is it just me or is every chapter I have here so far,getting longer and longer O.o.

And yes,little inside joke/movie ref there  :lol

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Aww I really love Nahla's reactions to Teetonka. And yes, I counted the "many's" 29 of 'em :DD

Poor Littlefoot :( Well, he's gonna be fine I suppose. You seem to picture Shorty in quite an interesting way. He's not the bully but the one kicking the bullies butts if they ever dare bully Littlefoot. Certainly not the jerk we were shown in LBT 10 and later in the TV-series.

Nahla's THE one? :blink: Now why am I not surprised by this, hmm :lol

"I think it's sweet" Jenna smiled "If not a bit strange..I mean a swimmer adopting a spike-tail? What's next a longneck raising a sharptooth?"

"Oh yeah,I can soo see Littlefoot finding a sharptooth egg and hatching it thinking it's a leafeater" Bron laughed.
Movie reference lol :smile
Anyway, so the family would like Littlefoot to play with Ducky and Spike? Lemme get this straight: So Littlefoot hasn't met them yet, meaning he has hatched in the Valley? How dare you abandoning the events of the movies and still use references to them?! :lol Though, it'll be interesting. A concept I haven't yet seen in fanfiction (which doesn't say much since I don't know so many yet) :)
Wow, I must say that Nahla's family take the news pretty easy. I thought they'd be more surprised to be descendants of one of the five ancient families :p

So yeah, another good chapter and congrats for your longest chapter ever :exactly

Few issues:

Just to be fair on his younger sibling,there would be no point in purposefully defeating him right off the bat,even though Shorty was prefectly capable of doing so.
you messed up "perfectly" here :lol
Tara frowned..she swear she heard of those names before... Teetonka... she thought Umoja Mountains...
You forgot the -ed of sweared.
"No,I believe you Nahla"Tara said "And this Teetokna guy...and these mountains...are real"
Teetonka sure is hard to spell :D
After all she managed to talk with Teetonka,even know she didn't know how she she managed that.
two "she's" in a row...
"So the legend is true...the will be a dinosaur born,with the power to contact his or her ancestors. The lost families live on...and we are one of them..." Tara said and looked up at her parents "WE are the lost family of Teetonka"
There will be... you omitted the "-re" of "there"

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I like how you have had Shorty's character change in this story.  It seems that having a younger brother to care for has changed his demeanor from a bully to that of a protective older brother.  This is a change that is very believable, in my opinion.  It is amazing what a difference a small change in the relative ages of the characters can make.

:lol I absolutely love the film references in this one.  Likewise, the idea of having Ducky adopting Spike and them both finding the valley without the assistance of the others is quite unique.  It almost has the same vibe of the Star Trek reboot film - even though things have started quite differently, the characters are starting to coalesce.   :yes

I noticed a few minor spelling mistakes, but I think that Ducky has already caught them all. :yes

I look forward to the next chapter.  :)

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nahla,Apr 26 2014 on  11:41 AM

That will be forever amusing   :lol.

I like how Shorty is kind and loving to his little bro,though seems ready to fight if someone bullies Littlefoot. To me your Shorty seems like,kind and loving to his family,but if anyone dares to insult them he will teach you a lesson real quick.  :lol.

Nahla is THE one..

And Littlefoot must be the OTHER one :o.

If Tara is Nahla's full blood sister,she is a mountain longneck too...

So will the Mountain Longnecks accept Tara as one of them?

(Yeah I know the summary mentions Tara's death but Nahla told me she is editing out the death,she wants Nahla to keep her sister...wait I spoiled that. Oh well xD)

PS: Nahla you might want to change the summary so it doesn't mention a death that will never happen xD.

Also,it's either Nani or Kai that are a mountain longneck,what will happen to the one thats not?

THEY WON'T BE SPECIAL..kidding.

Same with Littlefoot's family,it'll either be Bron or Jenna,then if it's Jenna it'll be either Grandma or Grandpa.

Then there is Shorty..

ZIMMY CONFUSED

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Apr 27 2014 on  02:06 AM

Few issues:

Just to be fair on his younger sibling,there would be no point in purposefully defeating him right off the bat,even though Shorty was prefectly capable of doing so.
you messed up "perfectly" here :lol
Tara frowned..she swear she heard of those names before... Teetonka... she thought Umoja Mountains...
You forgot the -ed of sweared.
"No,I believe you Nahla"Tara said "And this Teetokna guy...and these mountains...are real"
Teetonka sure is hard to spell :D
After all she managed to talk with Teetonka,even know she didn't know how she she managed that.
two "she's" in a row...
"So the legend is true...the will be a dinosaur born,with the power to contact his or her ancestors. The lost families live on...and we are one of them..." Tara said and looked up at her parents "WE are the lost family of Teetonka"
There will be... you omitted the "-re" of "there"
Thanks for pointing them out,I'll be sure to fix them :3.

@rhombus,thank chu :3 I aimed for a different approach for this fic,I guess in  way it's kinda AU. The gang all comes together in the end,however it just won't be in the way we seen in the movies. Nahla here likes to be unique,and it is fan FICTION xD. Kinda weird thing for me to be doing,but it plays out better in the end,trust me.

@Zimba,yes kinda did spoil it,but it ain't that big a deal. Tara's death would do very little in changing the storyline,so might as well let Nahla keep her big sister,and I actually got tons of ideas now I'm keeping Tara alive.

I'll edit the summary to take out the mention of Tara's death too.

And confusing you was my goal all along xD. They'll most likely accept the non mountain blood longnecks of each family,after all,if they only accept those from their own family,all five of them would be really incest by now O.O. They accept anyone,but they really want their original two families back at least xD. So yeah,nothing to worry about in that department,the mountain longnecks are just more...special then the non mountain ones when it comes to the mountain ancestors and stuff. But they are treated no differently then one born there,everyone is equal.

Yeah I did kinda spoil the part about what happens to them,but hey you still gotta wait to find out which parents are the Mountain longnecks anyway wahahaha.

@Everyone at once. I am glad you all find the little ref so amusing  :p.

Got a new chapter coming later tonight (Australian tonight,will be tomorrow if you're from USA or something) I got a fair bit of it done,but today Nahla rides again.

Aka,she going horse riding today. Yay  :lol.

Thanks for the support everybody.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Chapter 4 time people yaay.

The chapter lengths continues to grow...

~
Chapter 4
~

"Littlefoot"

"Mmmm" Littlefoot mumbled and opened his eyes,Jenna was looking down on him,

"Time to wake up little one,the bright circle has rose into the sky" Jenna said nudging him "Come and get some some breakfast,since you missed dinner last night"

Littlefoot looked up to the sky,sure enough the bright circle was high and shining. So much for his 'little nap'"Why didn't you wake me up?" he questioned.

"Because,we wanted to just let you sleep. We were going to wake you,but you looked so peaceful and adorable" Jenna chuckled.

"Pffft 'adorable'" Littlefoot muttered and stood up slowly,clumps off grass stuck to him.

"Good morning Littlefoot" Grandma greeted her grandson warmly "How is your leg?"

"It is fine,it doesn't hurt anymore..well it hurts a tiny bit if I press down too hard" he admitted "But I'm fine,really"

"Good" Grandma smiled and nudged him towards a pile of treestars "Eat up,then you're going to meet someone"

"Who?" Littlefoot asked with a mouth full of treestar.

"Littlefoot,don't talk with your mouth full,it's rude" Jenna scolded gently,but answered his question anyway "Some children,around your age. I talked to their mother this morning,they'll be waiting for us"

"Right" Littlefoot said,he was excited. Kids his age? Thats what he needed,he had Shorty but he wanted playmates his age. You know...real friends.

~

"I saw him again last night" Nahla admitted quietly as she shared a pile of green with Tara "I'm scared Tara,I don't know if I should trust him"

Tara glanced at her "No need to be scared,Nahla but if you really are scared you got to ask him to stop coming to you"

"Will that work?" Nahla asked tilting her head,Teetonka already seemed to her like a stubborn old guy,too set in his ways to change. She knew he really wanted his family to go back to the mountains,Nahla was just wishing it didn't have to all relied on her.

"Well..I don't know" Tara admitted "You're the one who can contact him,not me. But I don't think you should need to be scared of him..or is he doing something that is scaring you on purpose?" Tara's eyes flashed with anger.

"Oh no" Nahla said calmly "It's nothing like that,he is really nice...if not old and stubborn" she added.

"Then what is scaring you,sis?" her big sister asked wrapping her neck around Nahla.

"It just being around a stranger,even if he is my great great great...umm I forget how many great's there is meant to be-grandfather. It scares me,I don't know why,it just does..is there something wrong with me?"

"Oooh,I get it" Tara chuckled "No there is nothing wrong with you,you're just a bit shy I think"

"Shy?"

"Yeah,shy. You only ever knew mum,dad and me since the day you hatched. You never met or talked to anyone else,when I was just a little bit younger then you and before you were even an egg,our parents and me lived in a big herd,so I got to meet and talk to lots of different dinosaurs"

"Where is the herd then? Why is it just us now?" Nahla asked,she always wondered why her herd was so small.

"Well,our family got...isolated from the rest" Tara explained with a sigh "We have no idea where they are,we spent many moths searching but...we never found them. Then you came along...and by then we had given up" she sighed "And as you know we been hiding away ever since,but now we are headed to the Great Valley which will hopefully become our new home..."

"Until...we need to return to the mountains...right?" Nahla's voice quivered.

"Right..." Tara sighed heavily "The bottom line is,you're just unsocialized. You never been around others besides your family,and you knew us since day one. So it makes sense to be a bit scared around someone new,after you are what? 7 years old? Thats a long time to go without any socialization"

"Oh" Nahla muttered quietly

"So don't worry,all you need is to meet new dinosaurs more often,and soon enough your shyness around strangers will go away because then it won't be so scary when someone new comes into your life,because you'll be used to it" Tara smiled and nuzzled her sister "Don't worry,once we reach the Great Valley,you'll get to meet many,many different dinosaurs".

"You think they'll like me in the Great Valley?"

"Nahla..they'll love you"

"What do I do about Teetonka though?" Nahla's eyes darted up to the sky and back again,though she sore she saw Teetonka looking down on her. And she didn't plan on checking on that,that would just be too creepy in her books.

"Just keep talking with him,let our ancestors show you our family's past. Don't be scared of him,Nahla..trust him" Tara tapped the pink longneck on the head and walked off to go get a drink.

"Your sister is right,do not fear"

Nahla whipped around,nearly screaming when she saw Teetonka,looks like she was right when she thought she saw him. She glanced to her family,none were reacting so she knew,she was the only one who could see or hear him..it gave her the creeps.

"You are hearing this voice in your head,and the form of me in front of you is one you formed in your own mind. You are a true mountain longneck Nahla,and it shall be you and Littlefoot who will reunite the tribe of the Mountain longnecks once more"

"Who is Littlefoot?" Nahla asked "I don't know anyone by that name"

"You will meet him in the place,your family currently seeks"

"The Great Valley?"

"Yes,you will meet him there. It's been set as fate by me and Littlefoot's own ancestors,you two will build a great friendship-a team. Littlefoot does yet not know about being mountain blood,but he shall know-when the time is right. Stay strong,young one. I shall be guiding you"

The voice faded and so did the form.

"Well...so much for a normal life" Nahla muttered

~

"Jenna!" a voice made Littlefoot look up,a swimmer walked towards his mother.

"Hello,Laila. Are Ducky and Spike ready to meet Littlefoot?" Jenna asked nodded to her son who was behind her front leg looking at the swimmer in wonder,he never met someone who wasn't a longneck before.

"They sure are" the mother swimmer smiled,she turned her head and beckoned two other youngsters over. A small swimmer riding on the back of a smallspike-tail came up to her smiling at the longnecks.

"Hello!" Ducky cried.

Spike just made a weird grunting noise.

"Spike can't talk" Laila whispered to the longnecks.

"Oh,I see" Jenna replied,she looked down at Littlefoot who still hadn't spoken "Don't be rude,say hello back".

"Hello" Littlefoot said slowly walking out from under his mother.

"My name is Ducky!" Ducky said in an over enthusiastic way "And this is my new little brother Spike,I found him all alone. I did I did"

Spike nodded licking Littlefoot on the face.

"I'm Littlefoot" the little longneck introduced himself.

"Hi,Littlefoot! Do you want to play with us?"

"Umm..." Littlefoot glanced up at his mother who nodded.

"Go ahead Littlefoot,make some friends" she nudged him towards Ducky and Spike.

"Sure...what do you want to play?" Littlefoot asked

"Hmmm,how about we just play...ummm..tag?" Ducky asked the smile never leaving her face

"Errr...sure" Littlefoot replied after a pause. It was not like he was scared or anything,he was just a bit confused,when his mother told him she found him playmates his age,he didn't think they were a different species,he just thought they were longnecks like he was. But these two seemed friendly and clearly wanted to be his friends.

"Yay" Ducky cheered "Come on Littlefoot! We are going to have soooo much fun,we are we are. Yep yep yep!".

Spike began walking off,Ducky on his back who was chatting excitedly.

Littlefoot,watched them then looking up at his Mother.

Jenna sighed and nuzzled him "You go and have fun,I'll come get you later."

"Yes,mother" Littlefoot smiled and began to bounce after them,excitement starting to build.

"WAIT!" Jenna called stepping in front of him.

Littlefoot skidded to a stop "Yes,Mother?"

"Remember to stay in the valley don't go into nesting areas that belong to someone else some families can be really picky with that,don't talk to strangers,don't eat anything that you are not sure what it is,don't go jumping into water without checking it out first-you never know how deep it is or if it has rocks on the bottom...actually don't go jumping into water at all.. and don't-"

"Mother,I'l be fine" Littlefoot interrupted his mother's 'remembers' and 'don'ts'.

Jenna sighed "I know I know,I'm sorry. Go on,just remember-"

"Mother!" Littlefoot interrupted.

"Remember-I love you" she lowered her head and nuzzled him "Now go on,go cause some mischief that you're gonna end up denying doing" she chuckled.

Littlefoot grinned and began to follow his new friends but stopped and looked back at his Mother "Are you coming with us?"

Jenna shook her head "No,I'm letting you do this all by yourself,no me,no dad,no Grandma and Grandpa,no Shorty-all by yourself like a big longneck. I have to let you do something by yourself one day,why not now?" she chuckled "Now go on,your friends are waiting"

"Really? Thanks,Mother! See you later!" he ran out of sight rejoining Ducky and Spike.

Jenna sighed as she watched him leave "Why do you have to grow up so quickly?" she whispered.

~

"This is sooo boring" Nahla complained as she followed the rest of her family through the Mysterious Beyond. The family was once again on the move now completely sure Nahla was fully recovered from her little tummy sickness episode.

"Nothing we can do about that,little one" Nani said glancing back at her daughter from her place at the front of the group.

"Also are we going in circles? I swear we've been past here" Nahla asked looking around.

"It's a wasteland in the Mysterious Beyond,sis" Tara chuckled "It all looks the same".

"Well,thats stupid" Nahla snapped back "Whats the point of having a place that looks completely the same?"

"I don't know" Tara chuckled,she realized the tone in her sisters voice but she also knew she was just getting moody from so much constant traveling lately.

Nahla huffed and looked around.

"Why don't you place a game?" Kai suggested.

"What game,daddy?" Nahla asked curious.

"Well,look around. Tell us any landmarks you see"

"Ok" Nahla cheered excitedly,but that excitment soon faded "Ok..so we have a rock,a rock,a rock,a rock,a rock,another rock... Oh guess what? I found a rock! Thats new. Oh look theres a rock..never seen one of those before. WOW! A ROCK!. Woah...no way is that a rock?!"

Tara was trying hard to not burst into laughter,she loved her sisters attitude at times.

"I'm surprised you haven't seen a rock yet" Nani joked,snorting with laughter.

"Yeah me too" Nahla agreed jokingly "I would of thought this place would be full of rocks".

Her parents chuckled,they were hoping to be out of this area before nightfall. They were not keen of being in prime sharptooth territory with two little ones in the dark. Out here and in the dark,Nahla would make easy prey for a hungry predator.

"Look!" Nahla's cry made them look back.

"Nahla,what is it?" Nani asked worriedly"

"It's a rock" Nahla smirked.

Nani shook her head but was smiling.

The family walked on,stopping for a quick break when they found a small pool of water.

"Can't wait until we get to the Great Valley" Nani sighed "Then we can all relax without keeping an eye for predators every second of the day".

"I can't exactly relax at it is" Nahla commented "You don't have some creepy dead longneck visiting you and giving you an ancient history lesson".

Kai turned around "Nahla,you should be honored with what you been chosen to do. We'll let you take us to these mountains,we'll do it together-as a family". Families stick together,no matter what. And then we shall decide if we stay there or not,after all our family has grown away from mountain life. Time will tell though"

"Teetonka will be mad at me if we don't end up staying there" Nahla commented.

"Well,Teetonka is not your father,I am" Kai replied "And I just want to make the best choice for my family,the Great Valley will be perfect place for us. But I promise,for the sake and the honor of our ancestors we'll go to the mountains,and you will guide us" he nudged his youngest daughter "And if you feel the mountains really are where we belong..then who am I to argue with a dinosaur from a legend?" he chuckled.

"I don't get why they need us back so bad though" Tara commented "I mean,they have survived with just three for generations now,havne't they?"

"They have,but since the beginning there was five" said Nani quietly "We will at least visit the mountains,but if we just can't take it there. We will leave. The survival of our own family is more important then some ancient story"

"However,we won't go there right now" Kai added "We'll spend some time in the Great Valley,I think we all deserve to live in a place of peace and safety even if it will only be for a little while...who knows whats in those mountains"

"We can't go right now anyway..first I need to find and make friends with Littlefoot" Nahla told them.

"Littlefoot?' Tara asked frowning.

"Yeah,his family is the missing second one from the Mountains. He can also contact his ancestors like I can contact Teetonka. But he does not know it yet"

"And you were told where to find him?" Nani asked confused.

"Yes...he lives in...The Great Valley..though who he is exactly I do not know"

"So..you just go around to every longneck there and ask 'Hi! Are you Littlefoot? A ghost told me to find you,our families are the missing two from the mountains'" Tara joked.

"Haha...no" Nahla glared at her sister "I'll just act normal...and I'll meet him,Teetonka said it has been made fate already. And I'll wait until he trusts me and we are friends before I tell him..if I tell him right off the bat he'll probably just think I'm crazy" she sighed "Besides,us having a real friendship will make it easier for us to work together rather then if we were pretty much strangers"

"Do as you must" Nani said and began walking again "Well,if we are ever going to get to the Great Valley in the first place,we better get a move on".

"Right" Nahla said following her family but lagging behind.

Tara turned her head to see Nahla a fair distance behind "What's the matter Nahla?" she asked when she reached them.

Nahla looked to the ground "My feet are kinda sore and tired from walking so long and on this hard ground" she admitted.

Instantly Tara lowered her head and grabbed her sister,placing her on her back she chuckled "Well,we can't have that can we?" she smiled "I'll carry you for a while,you rest your little feet" she chuckled and began moving forward again quickly reaching her parents who both stopped when they realized their daughters were no longer following them..

"Everything okay?" asked a concerned Nani.

"Just too long a journey on hard terrain for her" Tara explained "She's got sore and tired feet,so I'll just carry her for a while,she can just relax her feet" she smiled at her sister "'Spoilt little squirt" she joked.

Nahla poked her tongue out but was thankful "Thanks,Tara"

"You're welcome"

The family slowly began moving again,the bright circle was beginning to set. They needed to find a hidden and safe place to spend the night,hopefully one with food and water sources. Kai and Nani didn't care if there wasn't enough for them,they just wanted to make sure the little ones got fed each day. So far luck had been in their favour and always found enough food to fill all of them plus have some extra.

"Just think...when we get to the Great Valley we don't have to go scouting around for food it'll all be right there" Kai said dreamily.

"I can't wait!" Nahla exclaimed "Though I think with all that food Tara will get fat" she joked.

"Excuse me?!" Tara whipped her head around to face her sister,she glared at her for a moment before she saw the look on her sisters face,she was joking "You are a little pest you know that?" she chuckled facing forward again.

"I know,but thats why you love me!" Nahla said proudly.

"You're right,we do love you for that. Because it is who you are,and we love you for who you are..though you drive me crazy at times" Tara mumbled.

"Hey,thats also what I'm meant to do-little sisters are meant to drive their big sisters crazy".

Tara just rolled her eyes jokingly in response.

~

Meanwhile...

Laughter filled the Great Valley air.

Littlefoot,Ducky and Spike were having the time of their lives.

They played tag,sharptooth attack,kick the seed and were now in the middle of hide and go seek.

"Ready or not here I come,yep yep yep!" Ducky called out,she looked around trying to locate Spike and Littlefoot. "Ah ha" she giggled when she saw Spike behind a bare bush.

Spike,lay behind the bush (that he ate) and covered his eyes,thinking he would not be found. He was surprised when he uncovered his eyes to see Ducky standing there smiling at him.

"Found you Spike!" she giggled "You're not supposed to eat the hiding place,Spike no no no" she jumped on her brothers back "Now lets go find Littlefoot. Yep yep yep".

Only,Littlefoot was. nowhere to be found-well to Ducky and Spike anyway. He had found some sort of an underground cave,hidden by tall grass. Littlefoot sat on the slope leading down into it near the gap out,so Ducky would find him easier and not have to go right into the that and so he had some light. He yawned,he was getting kinda tired and he knew his mother would be coming for him soon,he just hoped Ducky would find him first so they can finish the game.

"Littlefoot!" an adult voice called.

Or not...

"Littlefoot!" his mothers voice called again.

"Ooooh,Littlefoot!" Ducky called "Your mama is here,she is she is."

Sighing Littlefoot came from his hiding spot.

"Littlefoot,what were you doing down a hole?" Jenna asked watching Little emerge and going over to him and licking dirt off his face.

"It not really a hole..it's like this underground cave" Littlefoot explained.

"So thats why I could not find you!" Ducky cried.

Jenna chuckled "Well,you can tell me about it later. Right now it's time to go home,you'll be getting a bath,having dinner and going to bed" she raised her tail "And no 'buts' thats is what is going to happen mister"

Littlefoot nodded and turned to Ducky and Spike "Bye,guys" he smiled.

"Bye,Littlefoot!" Ducky hugged him around the leg as Spike licked him "We need to go home too now,yep yep yep! C'mon Spike" the two set off,both tired but happy.

Jenna picked up her son and began to carry him back home.

Bron was the one to greet them first "I suppose it went well?" he asked.

"Went perfectly from what I could tell" Jenna replied putting Littlefoot down "You did have fun,didn't you?" she asked her son.

"Yeah!" Littlefoot replied "Ducky and Spike are really nice,we talked and played fun games. It was so much fun"

"Glad you had a good time,bro" Shorty looked over to him "I would of came too but...I don't think I would of been much fun" he sighed "Besides,I liked having today to just relax"

Littlefoot opened his mouth to reply but his mother began to nudge him towards the water.

"Bath time,you're covered in dirt" she said as she did so.

Littlefoot slipped into the water and thought for a moment "Mother?"

"Hmm?" she asked as she began to clean her filthy son.

"Can I play with Ducky and Spike again?"

Jenna paused with her cleaning for a moment and smiled "Sure,of course you can" she was glad her plan worked out "I can take you over there again tomorrow if you want"

"That'll be great! Thanks,Mother"

"No problem Littlefoot" Jenna nuzzled him "Now,stay still so I can get this dirt off you before Grandma sees you..."

~

Ahhh,Jenna loads Littlefoot up on the old 'do's' and 'don'ts' deal xD

Ducky and Spike are now in this story.

Nahla has her little attitude going on,and we learn she can be quite shy around strangers but around family yeah..she can be Miss Attitude (not in that bad way though of course xD)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Littlefoot's fine, yay!

Nahla :lol I really like her character, you know? The whole conversation flows pretty nice and Tara gives good advice, actually :p
And TT appears again, not only in Nahla's sleepstories but also as a sort of... ghost? :D

Littlefoot doesn't seem to be very socialised either :lol Afraid of meeting Ducky... how DARE he!!! :p

"Ok" Nahla cheered excitedly,but that excitment soon faded "Ok..so we have a rock,a rock,a rock,a rock,a rock,another rock... Oh guess what? I found a rock! Thats new. Oh look theres a rock..never seen one of those before. WOW! A ROCK!. Woah...no way is that a rock?!"
Sarcasm, isn't it? :smile Adorable. The whole talk again in fact, yep, yep, yep.

Aww, Littlefoot, Ducky and Spike are friends now :angel Loved the chapter, keep it up! :exactly

Jenna was looking down in him,
on...
"I saw him again last night" Nahla admitted quietly as shared a pile of green with Tara
as *she* shared...
"Hello,Laila. Is Ducky and Spike ready to meet Littlefoot?"
are... not is :p
We going to have soooo much fun,we are we are. Yep yep yep!".
we *are* going to...
Nahla huff and looked around.
huffed...

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nahla :lol I really like her character, you know? The whole conversation flows pretty nice and Tara gives good advice, actually :p
And TT appears again, not only in Nahla's sleepstories but also as a sort of... ghost? :D

Nahla is adorbs :3,she is somewhat why,adventure loving,full of mischief,sarcastic and pin..yeah the pink seals the deal :lol. Teetonka appears where he wants,when he wants even is he is breaking the laws of physics (joking). Tara will be able to see him soon too. But how...and WHEN?!! Dun dun DUUUUUUUUUUUN.  (Is not in serious mood today)

Littlefoot doesn't seem to be very socialised either :lol Afraid of meeting Ducky... how DARE he!!! :p

I would not call Littlefoot afraid,he was just confused,he was expecting his mother to bring him to meet him longnecks. He has seen swimmers,threehorns,spiketails and that around the valley but never really well met them,well he was kinda there while someone is his family talked to them or something,or he may have a little chat (at Jenna's forcing :lol) but he really doesn't 'know' any other species,so yeah :D he was feeling a bit confused on what to say or do.

Sarcasm, isn't it? :smile Adorable. The whole talk again in fact, yep, yep, yep.

Yep,sarcasm :lol. Expect lots of Sarcasm from Nahla,though she does have her serious moments.

Aww, Littlefoot, Ducky and Spike are friends now :angel Loved the chapter, keep it up! :exactly

Thank you,this personally is not my fav chapter so far,I don't know. I love how I broke my own record by a whole 700 words (total being 3700) but otherwise it just kinda 'meh' to me,I like it though just not my fav so far.

Though Vondon Wiles likes it as I quote.

TO AUTHOR EQUITALESSE I THINK THAT LAND BEFORE TIME FANFICTION STORY THAT YOU WROTE DESCENDANTS OF THE MOUNTAIN CHAPTER 4 WAS GREAT

Thank you Vondon,for reminding me what my name is,what movie I'm writing the fanfic for,what my story is called,and what chapter it is even though it tells me what chapter you're reviewing.

Sarcasm again.

And thanks for typos again

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This takes place 2 days later after the last chapter

Note: This is a fairly short chapter,because only so much I can do with a chapter that takes place 100% at night.

~
Chapter 5

Night had fallen upon the lands,excitment was starting to fill Littlefoot,tonight was the night of all the games at Saurus Rock.

"Stay still" Jenna told her fidgeting son as she tried to clean him with licking "I'm not taking you out there all dirty"

"But I'm so excited!" Littlefoot cried "Ducky and Spike said they'll be there and Shorty said he'll play with us this time too"

Jenna chuckled "I'm sure you'll have fun,and remember me and daddy will be there,so if you feel you had enough and want to come home,just tell us"

Littlefoot rolled his eyes,his mother had only been telling him that every five minutes. "Mother,you need to stop worrying about me so much" he complained though he loved his mother,she did tend to over baby him at times.

"I'm sorry,Littlefoot. I guess I do have to admit my baby is growing up..." Jenna sighed sadly "Seems like only yesterday you were a little hatchling that depended on me for everything...and now...you're wanting to go out and do things on your own..."tears started in her eyes,she clearly wasn't ready to let her 'baby boy' go.

Littlefoot looked down,noticing his mother becoming upset,he sighed and buried his head into his mother "Don't worry,Mother..I will always be your baby..but..."

"But?" Jenna asked,smiling now after Littlefoot's words.

"Let me take my own bath from now on" Littlefoot grinned "You know...without you cleaning me. I wanna do it myself other then that,I still do need you,Mother"

"You know what?" Jenna pulled her son closer for a hug "You got a deal,keeping yourself clean will be your duty now. Just like a grown up longneck"

"Thanks Mother" Littlefoot nuzzled her "Besides,if I forget to take a bath,I am sure Grandma will remind me real fast" he laughed.

Jenna laughed with her son "Now THAT we can count on".

~

"We just might reach there tonight..." Kai said as he lead his family through the darkness,they were almost at the valley they had been traveling so long to reach "I would say..we'll be there in another hour or so,if that guy gave us the right directions..."

"Kai,the girls are tired..." Nani told him softly nodding behind her,Tara hard to keep forcing her eyes open,she kept stumbling over nothing,and kept nearly crashing into everything in her path. Nahla,lay across her back. Just as she was about to fall asleep,Tara would stumble jerking her awake again. "And so am I at that matter,lets just rest here. We can go on again in the morning. Besides even if we do reach the valley tonight,most likely no one is even going to be up to greet us or show us to a sleeping area anyway"

"True..." Kai sighed "You're right we should just rest here,you know before Tara passes out on us"

Thump.

Both Nani and Kai whipped their heads around in time to see Tara crash head first into a tree and stumble. Nahla was sent flying off,but was mostly unharmed.

"Owwww..." Tara complained,that bump had knocked her awake alright "Nahla?' she asked,she squinted making out Nahla's pink form in the pitch black of the Mysterious Beyond night.

"I'm okay" Nahla's light voice answered which was followed by the sound of shuffling footsteps and she re-appeared by Tara's side "You didn't have to throw me off you know".

"I'm sorry,you sure you're not hurt?" Tara asked concerned.

"I might be hurt,but since I can barely see my feet on the ground it's so dark here,I would have no idea,might have a bruise or something.. But if I am, hurt.I'm not really in any pain" Nahla replied.

"Good" Tara managed to say through a yawn.

"We can't go on tonight" Kai said settling down "If we do,we'll be so blinded by darkness we might walk right off a cliff,or into sharpteeth"

Nani nodded and settled down "Thank goodness" she whispered to herself,Nahla walked up to her and rubbed her head against her. Nani smiled at her daughter and nudged her to the ground "Go to sleep,Nahla" she whispered "Tomorrow,we'll be in the Great Valley at last"

Nahla didn't response,she just let her head fall to side and fell into deep sleep,but not before silently wishing she wouldn't have to talk with Teetonka tonight-she was too tired and just wanted a dreamless sleep-please.

It also didn't take Tara long to fall asleep,she plopped down next to her next to her mother,leaving Nahla in the safety of the middle.

Nani wrapped her neck around Nahla and placed her tail across Tara's back,she yawned and didn't even try and stay awake another wink. She took a deep breath and surrendered into sleep.

Kai sighed and lowered his big form to the ground,laying on the other side of his mate then their daughters. Laying his neck across Nani's back,he tried to keep his eyes open and watch for danger,but in the end he just couldn't and he too fell in to a deep sleep ,snuggled up with the rest of his family.

~

Meanwhile in the Great Valley,while on any other night most dinosaurs would be fast asleep by now,everyone was at Saurus Rock. Children were playing,adults were talking about their younger days. Elders were happily telling stories of the Lone Dinosaur,and the young ones were happily listening.

"And they called it Saurus Rock,for it looked like the Lone Dinosaur himself" Grandpa just finished off the tale of how Saurus Rock was formed.

"Woooah" Littlefoot,Ducky and Spike said at the same time.

Ducky was once again on Spike's back as he lay on the ground in front of Grandpa.

Littlefoot was laying between Shorty's front legs "Thats so awesome,Grandpa!"

"Yeah...awesome" Shorty yawned "You done yet,bro? We could all use some...sleep".

"He is right,Littlefoot" Grandma looked over "Your father is falling asleep on his feet" she chuckled nodding over to Bron.

Bron had his head lowered and was snoring,Jenna frowned and slapped him in the face with her tail.

"What...what's happening?!" Bron looked around confused,he nearly stepped back when he saw his mates face-not amused.

"If you must embarrass yourself with your snoring and dribbling in your sleep,please do not do in public view in front of the whole valley" she scoffed.

"I'm not dribbling..."Bron complained but wiped his mouth his tail tip"Oh...maybe I am..." he chuckled "Err..I'm going to stand over there" he backed into the shadows.

Jenna shook her head but had a smile on her face,what a longneck her mate was.

"But...but...I'm not ti-red" Littlefoot said through a yawn before falling quickly into sleep-he was burned out.

"We'll go now" Ducky whispered so she did not wake her longneck friend,Spike got up and quietly walked off ready to go home and bed themselves.

Grandma walked forward and gently picked up her grandson,placing him across her back "I'm so amazed" she said quietly watching her grandson sleep.

"About what?" Jenna asked walking towards them,noticing everyone was beginning to leave.

"Littlefoot...Littlefoot...he actually ran out of energy for once".

Bron came out from the shadows smiling "Lets get him home,put him to bed...and ourselves" he said nudging Shorty awake as he was beginning to doze off,Shorty was a bit to big to be carried now or Bron would of done so.

Shorty groaned but stood up "Can't we just 'camp out' here?" he complained.

"Maybe we should..." Grandpa suggested quietly "It is a bit too dark to go all the way home now,we stayed here longer then planned".

"Yes,we'll just stay here tonight,won't hurt anybody. This area is open to all" Jenna said laying down,ready to sleep.

"Thank you..." Shorty took the chance and plopped back down and was asleep in moments.

Bron had already settled by Jenna's side,and Grandma placed Littlefoot on his mothers back before laying down herself.

With a grunt Grandpa settled down himself,everyone else had easily drifted off to sleep so Grandpa just watched them for a bit,the massive sky of stars over the valley lighten up their sleeping forms. "Goodnight,my family" he whispered before he too found sleep.

~

Sorry for the boring and shortness but there is only so much one can do in a chapter that takes place at like midnight xD.

Next chapter will be back to 3,000+ words.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Littlefoot has just realised that he can have more freedom by just asking his mum :lol Though I would have chosen something else than the freedom to bath on my own :yes And Grandma's a cleaning maniac? :p

Aww, Tara must be really sleepy if she walks right into a tree :DD

Talking about sleepiness, there are a few other victims of that :DD

A little suggestion how you could have made the chapter longer: Have Littlefoot, Ducky and Spike play a game or two before listening to Grandpa :yes
Nevertheless, this chapter is enjoyable :)

Is it just me being unperceptive or the (relative) shortness, or are there fewer issues? Found only one this time ^^ And you're welcome; I don't mind pointing those out since I'm already doing that automatically as I told you yesterday :smile

Night had fallen upon the lands,excitment was starting to fill Littlefoot,tonight was the night of all the games at Saurus Rock.
excitement...

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Bron had his head lowered and was snoring,Jenna frowned and slapped him in the face with her tail.

"What...what's happening?!" Bron looked around confused,he nearly stepped back when he saw his mates face-not amused.

"If you must embarrass yourself with your snoring and dribbling in your sleep,please do not do in public view in front of the whole valley" she scoffed.

"I'm not dribbling..."Bron complained but wiped his mouth his tail tip"Oh...maybe I am..." he chuckled "Err..I'm going to stand over there" he backed into the shadows.

Poor Bron.  Acting like a "dodo" indeed.  :lol

I do like the interactions between the characters in this chapter.  Littlefoot's request to be treated more like his age is also quite nice.  I am sure that we all had conversations like that in the process of growing up.  :yes

Other than all that, I do really have much to add.  I look forward to the next installment.  :yes

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks both of you,and I'll fix that typo Ducky.

This next chapter is also a bit boring (least I warn you xD) but next chapter is where this story REALLY starts (yay).

~
Chapter 6
~

Grandma was chuckling,she stared at Littlefoot "He is still down and out" she commented,nudging him "Littlefoot,wake up the bright circle has already risen".

Littlefoot just shifted his head in response,but did not shown any sign of waking up.

"Leave him,dear" Grandpa said softly "Last night burned him out,he needs to regain his strength through sleep,he'll wake up when he is ready".

"Yeah,it was a very late night for him" Bron agreed "Let him sleep on" he paused "Least he'll be quiet" he added with a chuckle.

Grandma chuckled and nuzzled Littlefoot "Alright then you win,Littlefoot-sleep on".

"He ain't sick is he? Cause...this ain't normal for him" Shorty pointed out watching his brother.

"No,not sick just exhausted. If he was a sick he wouldn't be looking so peaceful and calm" said Grandma softly patting Shorty with her tail "He would be noticeably uncomfortable and in distress" she chuckled "Trust me,Shorty he is fine I know the differences when it comes to Littlefoot-when is healthy and when he is ill and needs treatment"

"How do you know that?" Shorty questioned.

"When you really know someone,and you're really bonded to that dinosaur,you begin to know their habits and how they act. What's normal and what means 'something is wrong'" Grandma smiled her gaze drifting to her blood grandson and then back to her adopted one "I know Littlefoot's habits and behaviour and from what I can see he is perfectly healthy,just completely worn out and needs to re-gain his energy".

"I don't understand..." Shorty admitted.

"You will one day,Shorty you will" Grandma told him.

Littlefoot yawned and opened his eyes,he blinked his eyes trying to focus,he stood up "Good morning" he greeted.

"Good morning,my sleepy head" Jenna chuckled coming up behind him "Had a little sleep in today,hmm?" she nuzzled him warmly.

"Yeah,I was really tired from last night" Littlefoot nuzzled his mother back "But it was soo much fun"

"I knew you would like it" Jenna chuckled nudging him forward "Come have some breakfast now,we got berries today".

"Then can I go play with my friends?" Littlefoot asked cheerfully joining his family by the berry pile.

"Play?" Bron asked surprised "You sure you don't just want to relax today?"

"Hmmmm..." Littlefoot seemed thoughtful and Bron actually got his hopes up-would Littlefoot really not spend one day to just relax and not running around? Those hopes were soon dashed when Littlefoot let out a loud "Na..."

Grandpa shook his head "Well,can you least wait until the afternoon? We would like to spend time with you as well"

"And,maybe Ducky and Spike would like to rest after last night too" Grandma added.

"Sure,Grandma and Grandpa" Littlefoot agreed but looked up when he heard a voice above them.

"Longnecks are headed into the valley,presuming a family of four or just a small herd" the flyer explained "My son,Petrie claimed to have spotted them. I checked it out and I can confirm that there is indeed new longnecks coming in".

"New longnecks?" Jenna asked "Well,we should go greet them,come on Littlefoot you're coming too".

"Yes,Mother" Littlefoot sighed "But why do I have to come?"

"Because,it's polite to greet visitors to our home" Jenna replied and looked up at the flyer "Thank you,we shall see to it now"

The flyer nodded and took off.

"Well,lets go see who it is" Bron said leading the family off "Just hope they mean peace and not trouble"

~

The new family stood at the valley entrance,Kai looked around "Well we are here at last".

"About time,if we had to walk through one more rocky land,I would of screamed" Nahla snapped.

"Now,Nahla remember your manners,I do not want to see any attitude from you when you meet the valley dinosaurs,got that?" Nani used her tail to raise her daughters head.

"Yeah yeah" Nahla grumbled '"I don't have an attitude though"

"Yes,you do" her mother replied "But one that is not unfixable,give it some time and you'll be the perfect behaved lady".

"I don't think so..." Nahla grumbled.

"What was that?" Nani asked staring into Nahla's eyes.

"Oh,nothing mummy. I was just excited to find out what the dinosaurs here are like" she grinned slightly,she knew her mother knew she was lying.

Nani opened her mouth to remind her daughter about respect but Kai nudged her.

"Leave her,Nani,she is just a girl with bit of a sarcastic attitude,she is not purposely dis-respecting anyone,is she?" he asked.

"Well...no she doesn't have an attitude in the being disrespectul type of way..but still. An attitude is an attitude" she glanced at Nahla "But,it's who she is and without her little attitude,life will be pretty dull if she was all quiet and serious all the time" she admitted chuckling

"But...Nahla...manners,please I don't want anyone thinking me and your mother never taught you any or we never raised you right,save the sarcasm for later" Kai's tone said he was serious.

"Okay..." Nahla sighed "Sorry..."

"Well well, who are you lot" a strange voice made Nahla look up,a grey adult longneck walked towards them,a brown male by her side. Trailing them,Nahla could see two elderly grey longnecks,a green male around the same age as Tara and a brown male just a little older then her.

"I'm Jenna" the one who spoke said "And this is my mate,Bron"

"Welcome to the Great Valley" Bron greeted them with a smile.

"Thank you,I'm Kai" Kai nodded his head at Bron and Jenna "My mate,Nani" he nodded towards the adult by his own "Our oldest daughter,Tara" he said as Tara walked up to them "And,we have a youngest...somewhere" he looked around.

"Nahla is a bit shy around strangers,she was never socialized as our family is an isolated herd" Tara explained "She is in that bush over there" she pointed towards a bush that had a pink tail sticking out of it.

"Ah,just a shy and quiet ittle girl then?" Grandma asked as she reached them chuckling "I wish my grandson was quiet" she added.

"And we wish Nahla was quiet" Nani laughed "She has the most sarcastic,joke about everything attitude I have ever seen".

"Sounds...fun" Grandpa joked.

"Yeah,so totally is" Kai said sarcastically with a smile.

Nahla watched as everyone chatted,she sighed she wish she didn't have to feel so scared about meeting them..but she was. She took a deep breath,if she just hid away from them forever,she would never break out of her shyness of strangers. She stepped out of the bush not looking where she was going and crashed right into a brown longneck child sending both to the ground.

"Owww..." Littlefoot complained and stood up "You okay?" he asked seeing a pink longneck down on the ground too.

"I'm fine" Nahla said quickly getting up "Sorry,that was my fault"

"It's okay,I'm always tripping over things..sometimes things that ain't even there" he joked "My name is Littlefoot. Are you Nahla? I heard your family talk about you".

"Ummm,yeah I'm Nahla" she said before the words registered in her brain "My name is Littlefoot" she froze,this had to be THE Littlefoot,the one she was meant to find..well really..he found her "Did you say your name was Littlefoot?" she stared at him intensely

"Yeah..." Littlefoot said confused..this girl was kinda weird,why was she staring at him like that? He shrugged it off though and just decided to be nice to her,maybe she was just a bit shy "Nice to meet you,Nahla!" Littlefoot said happily but confused.

"Umm...I gotta go.." Nahla said quickly before taking off calling her sister "Tara!".

Tara looked around "What is it Nahla?" she asked.

"I need to talk to you..about...you know who and...the one he told me about" Nahla said nervously.

Tara blinked in shock "Umm..pardon us" she said to the adults,picking up her sister and rushing off.

"Are...they alright?' Grandma asked frowning,though she didn't say it aloud,she thought that was strange behaviour.

"Oh,they're fine,just personal family stuff thats been bugging Nahla" Nani smiled.

"Oh,I see" Grandma smiled "So nothing is wrong?"

"No,it's all fine and dandy" Nani answered.

Grandma thought a moment,she thought the two youngsters were acting a bit odd,then again she didn't know them. For all she knew that could be normal behaviour for them,maybe she was a bit to judging too fast "Well,I am not one to put my nose into another family's personal stuff. Would you's like a tour of the valley?".

"That would be lovely" Kai said with a smile.

"Well,come right this way then,lets go everyone" Grandma began leading them off,her family following her. Expect for Shorty who was staring after the two sisters and Littlefoot who was still sitting confused by the bush.

Nani and Kai glanced at each other then over to the distance forms on their daughters,they didn't know what was bugging Nahla but they figured it was something to do with Teetonka. Shrugging it off for now they followed the other family,just hoping everything was going to be okay.

~

"So you're saying...the longnecks we just met,are the second missing family?" Tara asked after Nahla had explained everything.

"Yep,I met this other kid,he must belong to that family..he said his name was...Littlefoot" Nahla said quietly "And I just know thats he the one Teetonka told me about".

"You sure...like really really sure?"

"Yes,Teetonka said I would know when I found him,he is the one" Nahla looked behind her to make sure no one was listening.

"So he has the powers,he is mountain blood..." Tara murmured "Do we tell his family?"

"Are you kidding?! They'll think we are crazy,we arrive in their valley and claim they are some ancient family and they need to come to the mountains with us,come on Tara..."

"You're right...well you know what you gotta do,you know what the ancestors want"

"Yeah,I have to make friends with the clumsy oaf"

"I remember you saying that was YOUR fault" Tara reminded her with a smirk.

"Hey,he was the one that admitted he trips over stuff they ain't even there,I'm just stating that on facts he himself told me" Nahla huffed.

Tara rolled her eyes "Well,I'm willing to bet you and him are going to be best friends by the time the week is through" she chuckled "Besides,friends your age is just want you need"

Nahla stared at her sister "You think he'll want to even be my friend? He might not even like me.."

"What's not to like? You're friendly,funny,adventurous and you have attitude,boys like girls with attitude..trust me on that" she rolled her eyes as memories of the family's old herd came back to her.

"You think so?" Nahla asked hopeful..come to think of it,a real friend is just what she wanted,even if that friend may trip over air,it would still be cool. Besides..he is a mountain longneck like her,he could contact his ancestors like her. They just had to be friends,there was no reason they shouldn't be...and besides if he didn't like her,it would make it awfully hard to work with him on this 'return to the mountain home of our ancestors' deal.

"I know so,go talk to him,ask him to play. Making friends isn't hard Nahla" Tara nuzzled her and nudged her.

"Ok...but not today...I wanna settle in here first"

"Okay,but tomorrow you're going to go speak with him" Tara said firmly.

"Hey! You're not mummy,you can't tell me what to do" Nahla poked her tongue out.

"Just do it squirt,mum will agree with me. You need friends..or you'll live a very lonely life" she patted her on the head and began walking off,only to nearly crash into Shorty coming the other way "Woah,sorry"

"Ah,it's cool. My name is Shorty" said the green male frowning when he heard girlish laughter.

"Shorty" Nahla said through laughter as she had followed her sister"What kind of name for a longneck is that?" she could not stop laughing "I mean-ow".

Tara had hit her in the side clearing her throat,she smiled at Shorty "Sorry about my sister,nice to meet you Shorty. My name is Tara,the brat here is Nahla"

Shorty nodded,smiling at the the two "So..have you been shown around yet?"

"No" Tama replied "Our parents have gone on a tour but we didn't go with them"

"Well,I can show you's around!" Shorty said excitedly,though he did find Nahla a bit annoying already and was happy about Tara,finally someone HIS age after who knows how long.

"That would be lovely thank you,Shorty" Tara smiled.

"Umm..you two go ahead..." Nahla mumbled "I'll just stay here and wait for mummy and daddy to come back,or if they see us both gone without telling them they'll be really angry" she knew that was true,but that really wasn't why she was trying to get out of going. She wasn't keen on playing 'tag along' with the two teenaged longnecks.

"True..they will be..." Tara agreed,she knew the real reason why her sister didn't want to come-she wasn't dumb. But decided to roll with it.

"You sure?" Shorty asked "I mean you can come if you want...I guess"

"Nah,I have to wait here for my parents" Nahla said again "Besides,why would you want a little kid tagging along?"

"Alright then" Shorty said beginning to turn "If you change your mind though,feel free to come look for us. Come on Tara" he smiled and began walking.

Tara paused for a moment and nuzzled Nahla "Will you be okay?"

Nahla nodded "I'll be fine.,go ahead I'm gonna go somewhere and try and you know..contact"

Tara understood "Okay then,good luck. I'll see you later" she quickly followed Shorty.

The younger girl watched her leave and sighed "Ok,Teetonka..now I actually want you..." she whispered to herself "How do I make you come to me when I want you and not just when you want to come to me?" she looked around she couldn't talk to him out here anyway,she'll look like a crazy talking to herself. She stood up and began to look for a hidden place,she had questions.

~

"I met this girl..she is kinda weird" Littlefoot said to Ducky and Spike,shortly after the rest of his family went off. Littlefoot took the chance to go see Ducky and Spike,turns out they had been waiting for him.

"Weird? What do you mean,Littlefoot?" Ducky questioned.

"Well,I don't know...she just kept staring at me..it felt kinda weird" he shrugged.

"Well,what do you expect from an outsider,they are ALL weird" a voice none of them knew called out.

The three of them turned their heads to see a yellow threehorn girl standing there.

"I mean,you shouldn't be surprised" she added to her last sentence.

"Sorry..but who are you?" Littlefoot questioned.

"Me? Oh I'm Cera" the three-horn replied "A three-horn of course".

"Hello,Cera!" Ducky walked towards her "My name is Ducky,yep yep yep. And that is my brother Spike" she pointed to Spike as she said it "He can not talk like us though,nope nope nope but he still really nice"

"Who is the flathead?" Cera glared at Littlefoot.

"My name is Littlefoot" Littlefoot replied "And I'm not a flathead"

"If you say so" Cera said and walked around the three "So...do you guys do anything but sit around chit chatting all day like the elders do?"

"No...we play and explore.." Littlefoot said frowning,who does this three-horn think she is?

"Ok,lets play then" Cera said stopping with her circling.

"You want to play with US?" Ducky asked "Err..why?"

"Why not? Got nothing else better to do..got a problem with it?" Cera put her face in Ducky's.

Ducky fell back "Um..no?" she said answer a pause

"Good" Cera snorted and rose her head "How about we play-" she was cut off by a flyer smacking into her space.

"Ooooh me sorry" the little flyer said quickly flying out of Cera's reach.

"Hehehe,who are you?" asked the little swimmer. Ducky looked up at the flyer smiling.

"My name Petrie" the flyer answered "Me sorry me ruined your game"

"You didn't ruin our game,we haven't even started yet" Littlefoot said to Petrie "Nice to meet you,Ptrie my name is Littlefoot. Thats Ducky" he nodded to Ducky "And Spike is of course the spike-tail and the three-horn is Cera"

"Hi Petrie" Ducky cried.

"Err...hi beak head" Cera muttered "Just don't go crashing into me anymore,and you won't have any problems"

"Me sorry" Petrie said quietly.

"You can play with us too,Petrie" Littlefoot suggested.

"Oooh me will love too! What we going to play?"

"Easy..we'll play Lone Dinosaur" Littlefoot grinned,looks like the 'gang' of three was now a gang of five

~

This chapter...ma...

This chapter didn't actually have much of a'plot' it was just to bring Nahla and family into the valley,and,introduce Petrie and Cera.

Next chapter..well some interesting things will begin happening.

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nahla,Apr 29 2014 on  07:21 PM

"When you really know someone,and you're really bonded to that dinosaur,you begin to know their habits and how they act. What's normal and what means 'something is wrong'"

Thats my new favorite quote from this fic,it just...epic to me.

I so like this better then your old fics.

I'm loving Nahla's attitude,I have this feeling her attitude is going to result in some hilarious moments later on xD (just like the 'rock' scene in chapter...umm 4?).

Glad all the original movie gang is here now,and Nahla is finally in the valley

Btw,you forgot the itliacs when Nahla was 'thinking' the words Littlefoot just told her,so it kinda looks like Nahla is saying her name is Littlefoot xD.