The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

One Long Tail

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I've been working on this fic for quite a while now when something occurded to me...I know several people here have accounts on ff.net, but others don not.

So in order to fix that little problem. I have finally decided to post my story here!

Enjoy!

----------------

The Mysterious beginning

'Find them!’ cried the unseen voice “you must find them, and save them!” As the child continued to walk this was the voice he heard all day and all night, awake or asleep it didn’t matter, the voice continued it’s quiet and subtle cries. The child looked up at the bright blue sky and cried with his with his voice as loud as he could

“Why me!!!! I didn’t ask for this!” and although he honestly thought he couldn’t walk any more than he had for the last seven weeks, his body continued on even when his brain was sending him signals to stop, his body didn’t respond. And then just like so many times before the child fell asleep while walking listening to the voice slowly edge him on towards his unseen goal.

Her mind was wandering, but she couldn’t stay asleep almost if just because her mind was working so hard, it kept showing images of a flyer with his wings spread, blocking the sun letting only his pink eyes shine through like a pair of sharpteeth ready to go in for the kill, but instead of attacking he smiled and gave a light hearted laugh and slowly lowered himself onto the ground, and began to speak, but his voice was slowed down to a fraction of what it should’ve been when he said

“You are my heart, I am your claws.”

Then her blue sapphire eyes shot open in a sudden burst of fear and confusion.

ëThat’s the third time this week’ thought the young girl as she warily checked her surroundings.

She then noticed she was with her friends and family inside the safest place in the world the Great Valley

ëMaybe Littlefoot will be able to help me with these sleep-stories in the morning.’ As the young female longneck laid her head back down on the ground, she only had one question on her mind:

ëWho is that strange looking flyer?’
Two days later….

He couldn’t see, he could barely feel what was going on around him, let alone tell he was about to walk right into someone’s foot, but of course when he did, it gave him enough of a jolt to wake him up and made him slightly dizzy. His voice was soft, and caring, but because of fatigue and hunger and an assortment of other problems, his throat was sore and coarse.

“Where am I?” asked the young child to someone he assumed to be an elder here; where-ever here was, and of course that’s assuming his eyes weren’t just going bad form the endless walking he’d done prior to arriving again where ever here was! The voice that responded almost immediately told the young flyer that he was conversing with a three-horn. It also told him that his assumption was a correct one…even if he was having trouble seeing.

“You must be crazy if you don’t know where you are kid!” Then another voice spoke up out of the blurry mess that was this child’s vision.

“You are in the Great valley young one.” Although he couldn’t see very well he made an attempt to at least show a little respect to the owner of the voice. Of course before he could thank the owner who he assumed to be a female longneck he collapsed onto the floor and said quietly before anyone could begin to ask concerning questions…

“All I need is a little rest and I’ll be okay.” And with that he quickly drifted into unconsciousness.

Just as he felt like the worries of his heart were over little did the young boy know his troubles were only just beginning. As his body began to relax his mind began to constrict and contort like a rope being entangled within it-self. The subtle voice he had come to know as his heart spoke to him once more, but this time gave him a different message than from before.

“You have survived fire and sharpteeth….they are your heart, and you are their claws ………I know you…your past….your future.” And then the voice paused almost expecting him to respond, but when he didn’t it continued talking

“They will teach you new things and you in turn must show them how to open their hearts to the possibilities that our world possesses. This is the way of the Guardians….and soon you’ll learn just what it means to unleash your guardian spirit into the world….but until then….rest and make friends….and enjoy your young life… and then the voice began to fade, but if he could bet his life on what he heard next he would’ve sworn he heard the voice say ….my son.”

In his sleep induced state he replied just loud enough so he thought the voice could hear…

“I love you mom.” His eyes began to open…slowly at first, but as he heard the ear piercing scream his eyes shot open….and he thought ëno not again….please don’t let it be happening again.’

He jumped up with renewed energy and almost like a bolt of lighting he was off in the direction of the scream….of course it wasn’t far from where he fell asleep, but when he arrived he almost immediately knew what he had to do.

He jumped from the hill he was currently standing on and spread his wings letting the air flow beneath him giving him the lift he needed to reach the falling swimmer. As she landed on his back he told her…

“Hold on to my neck and don’t let go!” The swimmer only had time to nod to her savior and did as she was told. The child then proceeded to fly the girl back to her friends whom she pointed out to be the group looking down and very relieved that their friend was safe and being brought back to them. As the flyer landed among the group, he noticed they were different kinds: two longnecks, one flyer, one spike-tail , one three-horn, and another flyer. The young female swimmer slid down off of his back, and said

“Thank you for saving me.” He then received a hug for his troubles, of course making him blush just barely.

As the flyer looked around the group while still embraced in his hug one of the longnecks among the group locked eyes with the flyer, and almost went into a trance-like state….the longneck began trembling and slowly walking backwards away from the flyer, but then the flyer also broke his hug with the swimmer and began backing away as well.

But ultimately forgot about the cliff ledge he was standing on, and with one misplaced step he fell backwards through the air, and as most of the group ran to the edge to see what was going to happen, one member turned and ran away from the group hoping to gain as much distance from the pink eyed flyer as possible.

While the rest of the group was looking over the ledge, the flyer extended his wings and unfolded the tips on his wings, and dug them and his feet into the side of the cliff slowing his decent and eventually coming to a complete stop about halfway down the cliff, and began to climb his way back up.

The young longneck was running as if her life depended on it….and then she stopped almost angry with herself that she could be so scared and selfish….thinking of only her own safety. She stood in that one spot feeling the tears well up inside her eyes and made no attempt to hide them, turning around slowly she began to walk back to where her friends and possibly a new one waited….

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Actually, you don't have to be a member of fanfiction.net to view fanfictions there. ;)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Manny Cav,Oct 15 2007 on  04:18 PM
Actually, you don't have to be a member of fanfiction.net to view fanfictions there. ;)
Yeah I know, but I wasn't getting a lot of reviews...so I brought it here! :lol:

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I read your story now and I must say, that¥s a very nice fanfic. I am waiting to see more fanficts from you :)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well here's chapter 2! :^.^:

A Flyer's Remorse.

As the young female longneck began her walk back to her friends, back at the cliff face the young flyer finished pulling himself over the edge of the cliff, the male longneck said “You should be more careful. You could have hurt yourself.”

The flyer looked up and smiled and said “Yes, I know….I didn’t sort of forgot I was standing there.” The flyer smiled again and blushed then the swimmer he saved spoke up and said “my name is Ducky it is…it is.”

“Well Ducky I am glad I was able to help.” He then looked to the longneck and asked “Who was the other longneck with you…..” as he looked around he noticed the other one wasn’t there “Who has disappeared.”

Everyone then looked around seeing that the flyer was correct “Why she run away?” asked the brown flyer who hovered a few feet off the ground. “I don’t know Petrie, but we have to find her.” The next one to speak was the orange three-horn “Maybe she had a good reason for running off like that.” The flyer remembered the look she had when she turned to run, and said to the others “I think I need to talk to her alone….nothing personal, but she might like it better that way.” The others in the group looked at each other and slowly nodded their heads in agreement.

The flyer then bowed his head and while walking away said “Thank you.”  The young female longneck was about halfway back to her friends when she heard a voice that made her blood run cold, but as he stepped out into the light she was relieved it was the pink eyed flyer.  Before he could collect his thoughts the girl spoke up “I’m sorry I ran away, I was scared….I recently had a sleep-story with a flyer who looked just like you….and I thought you were going to hurt me and my friends…but I realize now that I was just being a coward….I’m sorry.”

Even before she started talking, the flyer could see the tears in her eyes and she didn’t really try to hide them as she spoke, telling the flyer she was being sincere.
“By the way my name is Ali.” The flyer looked at her with a start now knowing who he was staring at. ëIt has to be her. It just has to be, but now the question is should I tell her about it or not.’ He looked into her eyes contemplating his decision, when her speech broke his train of thought. “What’s your name?”  That one question caught the flyer completely off guard…..so of course he gave the only answer he had ever given anyone who asked him that question “I had a name once, but I lost it after the accident that….” Not wanting to hurt his feeling Ali thinking quickly changed the subject. “I’m sorry again, but I think we should meet up with the others they may be getting worried about us.”

Although he didn’t answer right away he motioned for Ali to walk ahead of him, and she complied, but of course the others who had gotten just a bit worried walked ahead and were just stepping into the clearing just as Ali and the flyer was as well, but upon looking closer everyone could see the flyer was close to crying, something the flyer himself thought impossible after the accident…..but it seemed he was wrong. Just then the elders began to arrive wanting to make sure their children were safe and congratulate the flyer who saved Ducky. The other longneck walked over with his grandparents as did Ducky with her mother and the spike-tail. The flyer knew what they were approaching for, but he was having difficultly composing himself so he did the one thing he knew how to do……he ran.

He heard Ali call out telling him to come back, but of course he didn’t listen, he just kept running. He didn’t know how long or far he had run but he was sure he had put enough distance between himself and the growing crowd to stop and rest and cry. Ironically enough he stopped right in front of the Thundering Falls. So this did help calm him down, but it still wasn’t enough to stop the tears from rolling down his beak and into the pond that stood at his feet. It felt like he cried for hours, but it didn’t matter, his feelings were his own, and when the time came, he would share his feelings with the ones he could call friends. But he knew he wasn’t alone and of course he wanted someone to talk to so he turned around to face an orange three-horn from before and asked a very simple question “What’s…your…name” said the flyer in-between sobs. She sat down infront of him and replied: “My names Cera….nice to meet you. So how did you get here?”

The flyer wasn’t sure where to begin….so he started from the beginning……….

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hahaha, I knew it was Ali. However, I'm having problems grasping who the mysterious flyer is, like the first chapter didn't explain it or was too vague about it. I'm not quite getting a lot out of this.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Manny Cav,Oct 17 2007 on  10:51 PM
Hahaha, I knew it was Ali. However, I'm having problems grasping who the mysterious flyer is, like the first chapter didn't explain it or was too vague about it. I'm not quite getting a lot out of this.
There is a reason for this, and there is only one flyer who has pink eyes...come on his name is in the title!  :lol

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I do not know of this Long Tail you speak of, outside of this story.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It is a good story so far, hope you continue it.   :DD

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Oct 19 2007 on  03:19 AM
It is a good story so far, hope you continue it.   :DD
Dont worry I will! ;)

Achillobator

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.deviantart.com
Well, the beginning of the story was a bit hard to follow because I had a hard time telling what was talking about who :p

“You have survived fire and sharpteeth….they are your heart, and you are their claws ………I know you…your past….your future.”

Wow...where have I heard THAT before XP

Anyways, it seems pretty good! You should really continue it! :D

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Achillobator,Nov 9 2007 on  05:53 PM

“You have survived fire and sharpteeth….they are your heart, and you are their claws ………I know you…your past….your future.”

Wow...where have I heard THAT before XP

Anyways, it seems pretty good! You should really continue it! :D
I just had to use that....it was too good of a chance to pass up...and I was beginning to wonder if anyone would catch that Halo 3 refrence! Good job!

Achillobator

• Spike
    • View Profile
Hey man, I loved the trailer with that line. What do you expect? :p

"I have defied Gods and Demons

I am your shield, I am your swords

I know you, your past...you future

This is the way the world ends."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Finally Chapter 3!

The sad, yet headstrong pink eyed flyer

The day began like any other, the Pink eyed flyer opened his eyes to look at the sky above, but today just like the several, it was dark, and depressing. Only a year old the Pink eyed flyer knew the only thing that would fall from this kind of a sky would be sky-water…but the Pink eyed flyer would be wrong, and what would fall from the sky this day would almost certainly destroy his one chance at a normal childhood.

The sky began to darken and started to change color: from a dull grey, to a deep, dark, almost blood red. Then the wind began to pick up, and the trees began swaying, but before anyone on the tiny island landmass, could utter a cry for help, it began.

The red sky blew apart and in it’s place were dozens of tiny flying rocks, but each had enough power to destroy a small forest, so when hundreds began to slam into the ground on this island, all the living inhabitants started to run and scream in terror, many leaving their young ones to either die from the sudden and deadly impact of flying rocks, or die from the raging fire that started soon after.

“How could…anyone do that?” asked Ali feeling tears of her own welling up in her crystal blue eyes. Then the Pink eyed flyer continued his story “Well needless to say my mother had other plans….she picked me up and immediately took flight, but just as she managed to get into the air……she …was…."

The Pink eyed flyer was beginning to cry, and realizing this would interrupt the story, he held his breath and willed back the tears, and with his sad, but controlled voice, continued again.

"She took a flying rock in her back killing her instantly, now I know what your thinking 'How could a flyer only one year old…remember something like this’ But I assure you seeing your mother die in front of your eyes as she tries to save your life….is something…..you …never…..forget.”

The Pink eyed flyer then sat in silence with Ali and Littlefoot watching him cry in silence…they could tell he was trying to put up a strong front…..but they could tell all he wanted to do was cry….so Littlefoot stood up and said “I’m going tell the others were you are, but not to disturb you…..I hope you feel better.”

In truth talking about what happened so long ago was making him feel better, but part of him was still screaming on the inside wanting someone to cry with him. But by this time Littlefoot  had left, and leaving him and Ali all he heard was the Thundering Falls behind him and as he turned to the falls he noticed something odd, his mirror reflection was split in half, and knew what it meant: until he found someone to share his pain and anguish with, his heart would never properly heal.

Then in his self-secluded silence the voice began to speak again ëTime can heal most wounds, but YOU must choose when that time comes, and how to understand it. Until that time you heart will be filled with turmoil and your anger won’t disappear…and if you don’t learn to properly channel that rage…..IT….WILL….KILL…YOU!!!!’ The flyer didn’t have the strength to reply, all he did was stand at the edge of the water and cry….

A few minutes later…..

After Littlefoot returned to the elders and her friends…..he didn’t tell them anything about what the flyer said, but just as he was telling the others not to bother the flyer the flyer and Ali stepped out into the clearing, letting the shine radiate off his face, and what surprised Littlefoot the most was the fact that he was smiling with a look of pride in his pink eyes, and as he let out a light hearted laugh, and said

“Who wants to play a game?” Ali walked over to Littlefoot, and whispered “What game do you want to play Littlefoot?” Littlefoot calmly said “Hey Cera!!” “How about a head smashing contest?” he said with a sly look on his face. “Well what are we waiting for…..let’s start playing!” cried Cera and the Pink eyed flyer almost simultaneously.

After that little outburst everyone was looking at the flyer with widened eyes, and almost scared looks on there faces and then Petrie’s mother then said “Are you crazy kid, you could really hurt yourself!” this of course prompted the quick response “I can handle myself, however if I were you Cera…” said the flyer as he turned to her “….you might want to give it your best shot…..you might just lose….”

The Pink eyed flyer then let another loose chuckle escape his lips and took his stance in the center of the field, spread his wings, completely straightened out his tail, and said “What are you two waiting for…white ground sparkles?” And with that comment both Littlefoot and Cera jumped into the middle of the clearing as well and lowered their heads and prepared to charge.

Cera was first and just before she made contact, the flyer bowed his head, and then a loud crack filled the air. The sound that followed was one of awe and surprise…..everyone was not only surprised, but confused…..

Cera wasn’t sure at first what was keeping her from moving any farther than where she was when she collided with the Pink Eyed flyer, but he hadn’t moved at all since she rammed him at full speed! “How…are….you….not moving.” The flyer looked up at her with those pink eyes and said

“Look at my feet.” Cera did as she was told, and as she did she noticed his feet were dug into the dirt. So deep even that he had left depressions where he moved from. 'So we did move...just not that far!' Cera said to herself

The shock overtook her body forcing her to jump back and say “That’s not fair!” the flyer looked up to meet Cera eye to eye, and said in reply: “I can’t help it if I’m better than you at something.”

That of course was the wrong thing to say to a three-horn, as she cried a battle cry and charged again, but just as the Pink Eyed flyer was getting ready for another collision, Cera pulled a fast one and dodged to the side and rammed him with her tail. This threw the flyer off balance and she hit him at full force from behind. The flyer rolled on the ground landing in front of Littlefoot, and said

“That was a sneaky trick Cera….just so you know turn-about IS fair play!!!” Then Littlefoot walked over to Ali now knowing he would never get his turn and asked “What did you say to him to get him to change like that….when I left it looked like he was going to cry, but now he’s actually having fun with total strangers.”

Just as Ali was about to answer Littlefoot, the duo heard a scream and a splash. They with the others in the clearing ran forward to see just what happened. Of course Cera was standing at the edge trying to justify her actions.

“I swear it was an accident I didn’t even hit him that hard!” Of course everyone saw the bubbles in the pool of water beginning to slow and finally they stopped…

'Oh no!’ thought Cera “I…I…” She never got a chance to finish her sentence, for at that very moment the surface of the water burst like a bubble, and as everyone was recovering from the shock, a shadow blocked out the sun in the clearing and Ali cried “In the sky!”

She was seeing it again, but this time she knew it was for real. The exact same flyer with his wings spread, blocking the sun letting only his pink eyes shine through like a pair of sharpteeth ready to go in for the kill, but instead of attacking he smiled and gave a light hearted laugh and slowly lowered himself onto the ground, and began to speak, but this time his voice was clear and friendly as he said

“You are my heart, and I am your claws….This is the way of a Guardian….”

Achillobator

• Spike
    • View Profile
To be REALLY honest, I am getting really confused when reading it. I mean, it's good, and you can capture emotion quiet well (Almost cried, meself ;3) but there are just times where I am really confused, be it who's talking or what's going on.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Achillobator,Nov 9 2007 on  10:14 PM
To be REALLY honest, I am getting really confused when reading it. I mean, it's good, and you can capture emotion quiet well (Almost cried, meself ;3) but there are just times where I am really confused, be it who's talking or what's going on.
Just tell me what part of the chapters need to be explained and I'd be happy to assist! :)

Achillobator

• Spike
    • View Profile
Cera was first and just before she made contact, the flyer bowed his head, and then a loud crack filled the air. The sound that followed was one of awe and surprise…..everyone was not only surprised, but confused…..

Cera wasn’t sure at first what was keeping her from moving any farther than where she was when she collided with the Pink Eyed flyer, but he hadn’t moved at all since she rammed him at full speed! “How…are….you….not moving.” The flyer looked up at her with those pink eyes and said

“Look at my feet.” Cera did as she was told, and shock overtook her body forcing her to jump back and say “That’s not fair!” the flyer looked up to meet Cera eye to eye, and said in reply: “I can’t help it if I’m better than you at something.”

That has to be one of the parts :p I mean, what's going on! What about his feet?!

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
He dug his feet into the ground so when Cera collided with him, he was able to keep his footing....

That any better?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It is well written, and you chose a good stopping place.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Achillobator,Nov 9 2007 on  09:14 PM
Ditto here on both accounts. There was one part I had to read 10 times over before I actually understood what was meant, and I never did get the feer part.