The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

R and PG-13 rated Land Before Time Fan Fiction

Serris · 43 · 6111

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My third fanfic that I have planned could be on the border line between PG-13 and R. and as I stated earlier my next one would be PG-13.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: 812558,Mar 7 2009 on  02:58 PM
where can i read this because it seems very interesting
Which ones?

All the listed fan fictions are on fanfiction.net

My original Furry SF/fantasy thriller (R.A.P.T.O.R. Project) is not available anywhere. See this thread for more info.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh, I believe any fan fic can be Rated R or PG-13 as Long as you got good Story writing Skills, and Imagination.

ScratteLover2

Quote from: The Great Valley Guardian,May 3 2008 on  05:17 PM
I to believe it can work..but it will take a very well developed plot...and absolutely NO killing off of main characters. However such fanfics can also contain a lot of unnecessary blood, gore and violence, but again if done properly it may be acceptable to a certain audience.
I not making fun of it or anything, but Out of the Shadows is probaly the only fanfiction I've read that has a main character die, which is normally what makes it better as long as it's not the principle characters (Littlefoot and Ali). It is the only good story or movie I've seen or read that has a main character die, and end good (beacause they come back to to life at the end). Sand Serpents is an example of this, the main character dies at the very end.

SouthPawRacer

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.racedepartment.com/
I pretty much agree with Pokeplayer's thoughts.

My personal view is, with Fan Fiction, anything goes. It is the writer's choice as to what they put in their fic, as it's their creative material. On the same note, I believe that others do not have a right to tell writers what they should and shouldn't put into their fics - and whatever the subject matter of a story is, it doesn't matter whether it fully fits into the fandom or not. As long as a fanfic is well-written and has a degree of maturity when it comes to handling of the subject matter, I consider it a "proper" fan fiction... that includes PG and R-rated stories.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is a sensitive thing in my opinion.  Because LBT was intended to be more family-friendly, when writing a PG-13 or rated-R fanfic, it is terribly easy to cross the line and write something that is totally outrageous.  However, I must say that I can put up with such fanfics as long as they're not:

*Hatefics: "Littlefoot the Homicidal Maniac", anyone :x  <_<?

*Insanely violent: Littlefoot flippin' out and overkill massacring everyone?  Yeah, right :crazy!

*Overly profane: From same example hatefic, Ducky asking Petrie if he wants to
*censored* her :blink:?!  Yeeech :x  :x!

*Explicit in sexual content: "LittlefootXCera" takes the cake :x  :x.

Oh!  BTW, that disgusting Homcidal Maniac crap was removed from FF.net :celebrate!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Jun 4 2010 on  11:44 PM
Oh!  BTW, that disgusting Homcidal Maniac crap was removed from FF.net :celebrate!
You guys can thank me for that!  I had sent an anonymous e-mail to the mods.  I reminded them as to why it's called FANfiction.  Simply, fiction stories made by the fans.  In that sense, hatefics are not allowed.

That guy was in violation more than any of you know. (The Land Before Time wasn't the only franchise he made a hatefic for.  You can just tell that he hates kid's shows.) If he got his account deleted, he deserved it. :)

Today is indeed a happy day. :^.^:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Latias' Journey is a rather famous and very well written PokÈmon fan fic rightfully deserves its R rating.

The PokÈ Wars trilogy is another well written PokÈmon fan fic series. It is rated PG-13 and sometimes it skirts into the R territory.

--------------------

Both of these PokÈmon fan fictions are loaded with intense, graphic violence, disturbing scenes and blood/gore (and sex in the case of Latias' Journey). And they view the whole canon in an entirely different if darker light.

Yet, these are both very enjoyable reads.

The point is intense violence and sexuality can be used in any fandom so as long it is done maturely and respectfully.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

ScratteLover2

Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Jun 5 2010 on  12:44 AM
Finally! That story was just creepy! The ending was stupid and rushed! I'm glad it was finally removed!

ScratteLover2

Thanks pokeplayer984! But there is one other I think should be deleted, it is LBT: The Beginning of the End

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
It is not our job to do the censoring for fanfiction.net, but I think the best thing to do if those stories disturb you is not to read them and post the links to them in the GOF.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: ScratteLover2,Jun 5 2010 on  06:49 AM
Thanks pokeplayer984! But there is one other I think should be deleted, it is LBT: The Beginning of the End
That one was deleted once.  I had mentioned it in the "Things You hate to Find in Fanfiction" thread if I'm not mistaken, but then it was posted again on FF.net.  This particular dreck about made my brain break when I read it :crazy.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,May 3 2008 on  10:46 PM
Some minor profanity is alright but no F-words(I hate that word :angry:).
Well, then don't read my story Twilight Valley: Blood Ruby. :lol

It says everything that is allowed the Twilight Valley dinos know.

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://titanosaur.deviantart.com/
well guys. I always believe bloodshed and violence in any fanfic of a cartoon series or movie should only exist as long as it stays logicaly required. meaning, if somebody gets bit by a sharptooth or gets pierced by a sharp object they will bleed. as for violence, as long as the story is executed properly, violence would work.

take my fanfic for example, in The Bite Of Tornetar, the titular charactor Tornetar is the villian and is the only charactor that wants to kill. the Great Valley dinosaurs only fight back because 1. they have no choice to fight, or they will be killed. 2. they fight back because they are protecting both their home and their loved ones. and 3. if they do nuthing, they will lose their home and their lives. and, if nothing is done, other dinosaurs will suffer the same fate.

at best I always try to keep my fanfics on a PG to PG-13 rating. I also don't like to unsencily censore words that aren't bad words at all. heck, I get people telling me to replace 'Kill' with some other word. I always get angry whenever I read a fanfic where a charactor tells another charactor he is going to "Destroy them" or "Terminate Them" is it realy that hard to write 'Kill' or 'Murder' in the charactor's Dialog. I don't. especialy sence it makes no sence to use diffrent words. I know they mean the same thing, but still. I find it unnessicary. its like saying you went number one instead of saying you went to go pee.

uh, sorry for my rant.

Now I do agree that no movie charactor should be killed off.(injured is okay as long as they live ofcourse otherwise it makes no sence) and the charactors are met with respect to their Movie/cartoon counterparts.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Wouldn't it be too predictable if there is no character death ever? Not saying some stories with no character death is bad. I wrote such a story that has no character death. But if no stories ever have character death, then it becomes predictable. Danger scenes hold no meaning if we know a character, regardless, will never die. So I feel character death scenes are important and should be used once in a while, depending on the story. Of course I'm not saying use them all the time.

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Aug 22 2010 on  07:58 AM
Wouldn't it be too predictable if there is no character death ever? Not saying some stories with no character death is bad. I wrote such a story that has no character death. But if no stories ever have character death, then it becomes predictable. Danger scenes hold no meaning if we know a character, regardless, will never die. So I feel character death scenes are important and should be used once in a while, depending on the story. Of course I'm not saying use them all the time.
I agree. Charactor death should only be used if it is relevent to the story. Charactor death is only usefull mainly on a new Fan-Created Charactor. but its more meaningfull if used correctly.

I'd only kill off a charactor if it made sence to kill that charactor off. but I don't like massacers.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
My newest fanfic will have the main characters wielding a flamethrower and there will be relationship between cera x littlefoot. The badguy will turn out to be that one guy from the movie titanic and rambo will be involved. HOWEVER everyone will hug in the end and live happily ever after. (I'm joking.)

No author should have their work of fiction aimed towards any rating, only how they want it.

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Campion1,Aug 22 2010 on  09:21 AM
No author should have their work of fiction aimed towards any rating, only how they want it.
I also agree with this. an Aurthor's work shouldn't be stunted by ratings. nor should an Aurthor worry about ratings either. they are just trying to tell a story from their hearts (or in my case Spark).

I only give mine ratings because I want to. but I don't like putting myself in handcuffs so to say.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
There's a reason ratings exist, however. It is to let the reader know what kind of story they are about to read. I don't know about you, but I personally would like to know the rating of a story before I read it. I don't want to start reading a story, thinking it's PG, only to find it's R, or vice versa. I find ratings as a good thing to have around.

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
yeah I know what you mean.

I got a story right now thats PG-13. so yeah