The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

R and PG-13 rated Land Before Time Fan Fiction

Serris · 43 · 6109

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Jun 5 2010 on  12:44 AM
I can put up with such fanfics as long as they're not:

*Hatefics: "Littlefoot the Homicidal Maniac", anyone :x  <_<?

*Insanely violent: Littlefoot flippin' out and overkill massacring everyone?  Yeah, right :crazy!

*Overly profane: From same example hatefic, Ducky asking Petrie if he wants to
*censored* her :blink:?!  Yeeech :x  :x!

*Explicit in sexual content: "LittlefootXCera" takes the cake :x  :x.

Oh!  BTW, that disgusting Homcidal Maniac crap was removed from FF.net :celebrate!
Pretty much what I was gonna say...

You know, some of those fics, including Littlefoot the Homicidal Maniac, were blocked by my computer filter. I have no idea what happened in that story, and it seems to be a good thing...

I'm still working on my fanfic, which is probably gonna be PG-13, but my point is that a story should be judged on its plot, descriptions, mastery of language, and whatever that makes up a good story. Remember that most fanfictions aren't written by professionals, and even the LBT movies contain a tad degree of violence (the sharptooth for example).

I like almost every story out there, including the T and M ones, although I don't watch any R-rated movies. I often treat the stories like they have nothing to do with the LBT series. Thus, like all boys my age, I'm okay with violence in stories.

One of my favorite things to do is to read a LBT fanfiction from my laptop while listening to music and sipping milk tea. Once you learn to appreciate these fanfictions, which are free, you'll learn to appreciate life. Appreciating life is appreciating God.

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://titanosaur.deviantart.com/
I agree with Dima02. the rating of a fanfic should NOT determin how good it is. its how well the writer or writers wrote it and how well the dialog is used that makes a fic good or not.

and ofcourse, not everybody will agree the story is good or even be the type of story they prefer. but it doesn't mean thoughs storys evil or awful.

lets also remember, the writers of these fanfics have a full right to write these storys with any rating they want. so as Malte said. we don't have the right to censore these fics. that is only up to the writer. even if his/her work IS banned. the writer has every right to write these storys any way he/she chooses.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
With me, fanfics around that rating are generally okay unless they kill off the main characters. Then I don't like it. But they really have to have a good plot for them to be a good R-rated or PG-13 story and for it to work out.