The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time: Sharptooth Valley II

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Here we are, Chapter 11 dead ahead!)

Chapter 11: A Brief Return

“A way to visit the old reality?” Mage asked. “Uh-huh,” nodded Chomper. “Would that be possible?”

Mage thought about this. Since recently, he began feeling the return of his stronger magic, and maybe, just maybe, Chomper’s request would be doable. “This will take a lot of magic,” Mage noted. “But let’s go for it.”  “Thanks Mage,” Chomper smiled.  The rainbow face then told Chomper to give him a minute.

Mage began reciting a chant in some language that Chomper, or probably everyone, didn’t understand.  Chomper was ready for what was about to happen. He was expecting a big flash which would then be followed by him appearing back in the old reality, but that wasn’t quite the final result.

Yes, there was a big flash, but instead of being in the old reality, nothing appeared to happen. “Did the spell go wrong?” Chomper asked Mage.  Mage let out a warm smile. “It didn’t go wrong, look down,” he instructed.  Chomper did, and saw an odd-looking stone lying on the ground.

“What’s that rock?” Chomper asked.  “You’re way of seeing the old reality,” Mage explained.  “What do you mean?” “Well,” Mage began to explain, “If you hold that rock and think of the past reality, you’ll warp there!”

“Whoa, really?” Chomper asked. Mage nodded yes.  “When can I try them out?” Chomper asked. “Right now,” Mage offered.  But then one thought entered Chomper’s mind. “But what if someone notices I’m missing?”

“I thought about that,” Mage responded, “So I gave that stone another ability: When your in one reality, time will stop in the reality you’re not in. So when you come back here, it won’t be any later than from when you left.”

“Wow…” Chomper said, still in awe. “I guess I’ll see you later.” “Take care!” smiled Mage.

Chomper picked up the magic rock. “Here I go,” the little sharptooth mumbled. Concentrating hard, he began to think about where he and his parents lived back in the old reality.  He kept thinking harder and harder.

Then he felt it. He no longer felt like he was standing on a surface, he felt like he was flying through the sky. “This…is…awesome!!” he said, going between realities.

If anyone was watching this, it would look like Chomper was flying thorough a blue tunnel with a light at the end of it.  “Is that it?” Chomper asked, looking at the approaching white light.  The light soon engulfed the sharptooth, and for a few moments there, he could only see white.

But then he soon began to see other things.  As his vision became more clear, Chomper noticed he was in a cave. And this particular cave was one he recognized. “My secret place!”   It was true, Chomper was back in the cave he called his own back in the past reality.

“I’m back in the old reality!” he grinned, walking back out into the main part of the Mysterious Beyond. It had been a while since he was in this place, but for the most part, he remembered it in good detail. “There’s the Pine Cone playing field,” he recalled.
Then he remembered something else. “Rita and the others should be here somewhere,” h recalled.

Just then, Dein walked into view. “Chomper, that spiketial we caught is getting really cold, don’t miss your chance for a meal.”  “Don’t worry dad, I’ll get home right now,” Chomper nodded with a smile.  The two t-rexes walked back to their home.

Back at their cave, Terri and Rita (Her original sharptooth form) were finishing up their dinner.  “Where did you say Chomper went again?” Terri asked.  “He said his secret place,” Rita replied.

“If you know about it and you just told me about it, doesn’t that mean it’s not a secret?” Terri smirked. The girls shared a laugh. Just then, Chomper and Dein showed up.

“There you are son, we’ve been looking for you for about half an hour now,” Terri said.
“Yeah….I’ve only been gone that long,” Chomper said, trying to hide his sarcasm.  He looked at Rita.

“Haven’t seen you for a while Rita, how have you been?” the rex asked. “A “While”? You’ve been gone less than an hour,” Rita chuckled.

Chomper silently gulped, realizing what he just said. “Well, I consider less than an hour a while,” Chomper laughed, then Rita laughed too.

“Dig in son,” offered Terri, and Chomper nodded happily. As he ate his fill, a thought entered Terri’s head.

“For a while now, all our hunts have been pretty successful,” she said, “We haven’t had any run-ins with Redclaw for a while now.”  “That is weird,” commented Dein, “Because I’ve heard others complain about him, so it’s not like he went away to somewhere else.”

Chomper thought back to his earlier life in this reality, and he too remembered being surprised by the fact Redclaw hadn’t appeared around them for some time. Was there a reason? He decided not to think about that for now.  

“So what do you wanna do tomorrow?” Rita asked Chomper.

“Hmm…maybe go hunting with Rory, Myra, and Greg?” Chomper asked. “Who’s Greg?” asked Rita confused.

“Oh, you’ve met Greg, son?” Dein asked. The father sharptooth then turned to Rita. “He’s the son of a belly dragger and sharpbeak we know.” “Oh,” Rita nodded.

Soon, the family of sharpteeth finished their meal. Chomper let out a burp. “You got to learn some manners,” Rita commented. “Sorry,” apologized Chomper.

“I’m getting tired,” Rita yawned suddenly. “See you in the morning.”

Chomper, remembering that in the sharptooth reality, time was standing still until he came back, decided he did have the time to spend a night here.  “Night mom, dad, Rita..” he said too, and doze off.

THE NEXT MORNING………..

The purple sharptooth awoke, still in the past reality.  Over in the distance, he saw Rita playing with Rory and Myra and decided to go join them. “Hey guys!” Chomper called running over to them. “Man, you sure are a deep sleeper Chomper,” Rory said.

“That’s not my fault,” Chomper laughed in response.  Suddenly, the 4 young sharpteeth heard a noise.

“What’s that?” asked Myra. The explanation soon came. A short distance away, an adult female belly dragger followed by a sharpbeak and a young male belly dragger were walking by, in hunting stances.

“Now Greg, when we get to the water, follow my lead,” Dil instructed.  “I’m going to teach you how to sneak up and grab prey from underwater.”

“Cool!” Greg grinned excitedly.  “What about me? Can’t I teach the kid anything?” asked Ichy.  “Nope,” Dil replied with a grin.

Chomper and the others just chuckled at the sight of the feuding grownups.  “So what do you guys want to play now?” Myra asked.  

Rory and Chomper turned to each other, than back to the girls.  “Pine cone!” they said with confidence.  

Myr and Rita thought about it for a moment, and decided to go for it. “Sure, but we’ll just beat you again,” commented Myra.

“Don’t be so sure,” Chomper replied.  “I know not to mess up now.”  

“I guess we’ll see about that,” Rita said, hoping her tactics would work once again.  

Similar to the first dream Chomper had a few weeks ago, the young sharptooth was able to resist Rita’s charms this time around, and he and Rory we able to win the game, as in the dream.

“We won!” Rory cheered, the fast biter jumping up and down excitedly. “So what next?”

Myra’s stomach was rumbling, as was Chomper’s. “Food,” the 4 friends said all at the same time.  “But what do you guys want to catch?”

Chomper thought for a moment. “I think, like I had for dinner last night, I’m hungry for spiketail. I might also want to get some for Spike..” he quickly stopped talking after that.

“Spike…isn’t that one of your old Great Valley friends?” asked Myra.

“Well, you see…I know a belly dragger whose name is also Spike,” Chomper explained in what technically wasn’t a lie, “I see him every once in a while.”

“Oh,” replied Rory. “I think we should split up and hunt for what we a hungry for guys,” he suggested.  

“I’ve always had a preference for longneck…” Rita spoke up, “Maybe because I’m angry at them for killing my parents….”. That last part was said only in her head.

The discussion on hunting caused Chomper to remember something: The hunting class final in the sharptooth reality was in a few days, and he wanted as much practice as possible.  He knew this was also an opportunity he could have to go back to his wish-made reality.

“See you guys later!” Chomper waved, heading off in one direction to what his friends assumed was going hunting.  The two fast biters and rex also went their separate ways.

Chomper soon found where he left the dimension-traveling stone. “Here I go again,” he whispered, beginning to think about the sharptooth reality.

After just a few moments, he began to feel like he was flying again.  After another ride on the magical ride, he went into the white light again, and when he opened his eyes, Mage was standing nearby, and it was still nighttime.

“So, how was your visit?” Mage asked. “It was neat,” Chomper replied, “I’ll probably do it again in the future.”

“That’s good to hear,” Mage replied.  

“I should get some sleep, I want to be in good shape for the hunting test,” Chomper said, and ran back to his family’s cave.  Mage transported himself back to his place with a snap of his fingers.

(There’s chap 11, Read and Review!  Don’t worry, there will be more visiting to the past reality in later chapters.)

Next time on Sharptooth Valley II: As the gang takes their big hunting final, everyone is struggling to do their best.  But just when it seems everything is going fine, some unexpected guests bump into the gang.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Here we are at Chapter 12, about a fourth of the way through the story.)

Chapter 12: The Hunting Final

Chomper, Littlefoot, Ruby, Cera, Petrie, Spike, Ducky, Tippy, and Guido were out in the Mysterious Beyond practicing their hunting. Shorty chose not to join them in this because as part of a usually mobile herd, so he usually already hunted as part of a group.

Tippy and Spike were practicing a common but effective belly dragger hunting tactic: Hiding under the water and attack when prey is right above you.  “Stay quiet Spike, and don’t move in the water too hard, oh no no no,” Ducky advised, swimming beside her brother.

Chomper and Ruby were hunting together. “You look like you’ve had a good nights sleep Chomper,” Ruby commented. (Author’s note: This is set about 5 days after the previous chapter.)

“Well, I haven’t been having bad sleep stories for a while,” Chomper smiled.  It’s true, since his visit to the past reality, the bad sleep stories had been going away, and he’d been able to sleep in peace.

Cera meanwhile had greatly improved her hunting skills and wasn’t behind her friends in skill level so much now. “Leafeaters better be afraid of me!” she laughed confidently. After a few minutes of stalking, the orange fast biter was able to take down a preteen longneck.

Petrie and Guido were taking to the skies and hiding amongst trees so they could catch prey.  When a flattoothed flyer would go by, they would make their move then.

Littlefoot was having a fair amount of success by himself.  The t-rex, as a matter of fact, was able to roar loudly enough that a young swimmer froze just out of fear, making it an easy catch.  

So, the gang as a whole, were pretty confident in their hunting prowess.

TWO DAYS LATER……………

Sharptooth called for a gathering of all the young sharpteeth who were going to participate in the Hunting Final.  All of the kids were excited, though there were the unfortunate few who were sick on that day.

Dein and Terri followed their son on the way to the gathering in the center of the Valley.  “Best of luck to you Chomper,” Terri smiled warmly.  “Thanks mom,” Chomper smiled back.

“I know you can do it,” Dein said, giving his words of encouragement.  Chomper nodded in response.

When the family reached their destination, Chomper saw his friends spread around the area.  Littlefoot was standing with his parents, as was Cera, Petrie, and the rest.

After chatting with the other kids for a few minutes, Chomper and the others then noticed Sharptooth come up, and the leader of the Valley began speaking.

“You all know why you are here today,” he began with his powerful voice.  “Over the past few months all of you young sharpteeth have shown your abilities in hunts, and today, you’ll be able to prove if you are ready to join the main hunting herds to catch the bigger prey.”  

There was a brief amount of chatter amongst everyone there, but they soon went silent again.

“Your goal today is to catch an adult, or at last, older than a child, and so it to one of the judges who will be waiting at various points throughout the Mysterious Beyond.  Hunting as groups with your friends is highly encouraged, as we don’t want any of you getting seriously hurt.  You will have till sundown to bring back prey.”

Chomper, Littlefoot, Spike, Tippy, Ruby, Cera, Petrie, and Guido walked up to each other.

“Let’s do this together,” Littlefoot said.  “Because I know you couldn’t do it by yourself bro,” Shorty’s voice said suddenly.  

Littlefoot turned to see Shorty standing by with a smirk on his face.  “Hey, I can catch big prey by myself,” Littlefoot retorted. “Then prove it,” said Shorty.

“Fine. I will,” Littlefoot responded, and went off by himself.

The rest of the gang looked surprised. “I can’t believe it,” said Ruby, “If anyone of us was gonna go off by himself, I was betting it was going to be Cera.”

Cera didn’t even look annoyed by that comment.  “We better get ready,” spoke up Petrie.

AT THE EXIT TO THE MYSTERIOUS BEYOND…….

Sharptooth waited for all the potential future hunters to reach the exit out into the MB. He then let out a mighty roar which signified that the final exam had begun.  Dozens of standard sharpteeth, fast biters, flying sharpteeth, belly draggers, sharpbeaks, swimming sharpteeth, and bladebacks set out to catch leafeaters.

“What should we try to catch?” Guido asked his friends, as they managed to break free from the massive amount of young sharpteeth going outside of the Great Valley.  

There was a moment of thinking among everyone, then they came to a similar conclusion: “Longneck,” they all said.  Though Chomper’s personal favorite food was flyers, longneck was the preferred delicacy of the majority of the Great Valley’s inhabitants.

“We probably won’t be able to get a full grown one,” Ruby commented, “But I’ve seen plenty of ones not that big but aren’t kids either.”

“Then Tippy knows we just have to find one of those,” the belly dragger said. Spike made a noise suggesting “That’s right.”

MEANWHILE……

Littlefoot, in an effort to prove Shorty wrong, wanted to find a full-grown swimmer and scare it stiff with his roars.  “I wish Ali could see me today…” he thought to himself, “And also I wish she didn’t have a crush on Rhett.”

He walked along a river, knowing that that was where a swimmer would most likely be found.

Elsewhere, Dein and Terri were among the many judges of the up-incoming hunters, as was Mr. Belly Dragger.

“Something on your mind Dilan?” Dein asked. (Author’s note: That will be Mr. Belly Dragger’s first name in the story, as you can tell, I made it similar to Dil.)

“Nothing much, except that I’ve still been looking for an apprentice,” Dilan said in response. “I haven’t found someone yet with my knowledge of cures.”  

“I’m sure you’ll find someone soon,” Dein said.  Terri soon noticed two young hunters return with their prey: an adult-sized flyer.

“Impressive,” the grown lady sharptooth said.  “I’m sure Sharptooth will be pleased with your work.”

“Thanks madam,” the fast biter said, and headed back into the direction of the Great Valley.

WITH THE GANG OF (AT THIS MOMENT) EIGHT………

The friends were making their way through a canyon where both Tippy, Chomper, and Ruby claimed to have seen older longnecks before.  “You sure this is the right place?” Cera asked, remembering this place from a previous adventure of hers’.
(And in case you don’t remember what adventure that was, that was from Chapter 30 of the original Sharptooth Valley, “Fast Biter Face-Off.”)

“Maybe we should split up to cover more ground,” Chomper suggested, looking up a path that led to the top of the canyon.

“Good idea Chomper,” Ruby complimented. “But how should we divide ourselves?”

“The fast biters and belly draggers head one way, Chomper, Guido, Petrie, and Ducky head another.”  Cera suggested.

“I think that is a good plan, it is, it is,” Ducky said from a nearby stream.  “So it’s settled,” Ruby commented.

WITH LITTLEFOOT………

Eventually, Littlefoot finally saw what he had been looking for. A lone adult swimmer had just gotten up out of the river and began walking around, looking for greenfood. “This is my chance,” Littlefoot smiled to himself.  He hid in some bushes until the time to strike was right in front of him.

After waiting about 4 minutes, the swimmer had has back turned to Littlefoot. This was the signal the sharptooth was waiting for. He jumped out of the bushes and roared as loud as he could.

The swimmer was startled by the roar, and quickly turned and noticed Littlefoot. When the swimmer saw that what caused the roar was just a kid sharptooth, it began to laugh.

This peeved-off Littlefoot massively.  Summoning all the strength he could, he pounced on the swimmer much against it’s expectations, and began clawing it up.

“Don’t you laugh!” Littlefoot yelled, though the flatooth could not understand him, because it didn’t know how to speak sharptooth, of course.  After 20 seconds, Littlefoot had claimed his prey.

“All right!” he smiled to himself, beginning to drag the carcass back to one of the judges. “I just hope my friends have done well too.”

BACK WITH THE REST OF THE GANG……..

Unfortunately, things weren’t going so well for Littlefoot’s friends.  Even though they split up, the most either group found was a little threehorn or spiketail.

“No longneck in sight,” grumbled Cera. “What good are hunting abilities if you have nothing to use them on?”

Spike made a noise suggesting “I know, right?”

“We still have a few hours,” Ruby said, looking up at the sky. “We just can’t give up yet.”  Tippy nodded in agreement.

“Tippy agrees with Ruby,” the belly dragger said.

WITH THE OTHER PART OF THE GROUP……..

“Anything?” Chomper asked Guido and Petrie, who were flying up high, trying to spot a big longneck, or big any kind of leafeater at this point.

“Nothing,” the both replied in unison.  Ducky frowned. “This is hopeless, it is, it is,” the swimming sharptooth frowned.

“There’s still hope Ducky,” Chomper encouraged, “The Hunting Final isn’t over.”

Guido then saw something. “I can see something!” he announced.

“What is it?” Petrie and Chomper asked hopefully. Guido then frowned.

“Oh, it’s just the others.”  Indeed, the gang reached the point where the paths they took met up again, so the group was reunited.

“I don’t think coming into this canyon was a good idea,” Cera grumbled “We haven’t seen .

“I guess I have to agree with that,” Ruby admitted, feeling guilty about being one of the ones who suggested they come here in the first place. “It’s not like prey is just going to fall out of the sky…”

Suddenly…..

“LOOK OUT BELOW!!!!” a voice was heard screaming in leafeater.  The group looked up startled, but it was too late to see who yelled that before some of them were hit by the falling dinos. Thankfully for the gang, whoever yelled were just kids, as the impact wasn’t that hard.

“What was that?!” roared Cera, trying to push whatever fell on her off of her.

Chomper shook his head to recover from the impact, still a little dizzy. When his vision cleared up, he was surprised who he saw:

It was Rita, Rory, Myra, and Greg!

“What are you guys doing here?!” “Chomper asked in leafeater with a big tone of surprise.

“It’s…..a….very……long…..story….” panted Myra, out of breath.

TO BE CONTINUED……..

(Read and Review! I hope the ending of the chapter was a surprise for some of you.)

Next time on Sharptooth Valley II: The 4 leafeaters recount to the gang what led them to falling on top of them, and needless to say, it ain’t a happy story.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Chapter 13 is in the virtual house!)

Chapter 13: Terror At Flattooth Valley

“Aren’t you the ones from when Redfoot tried to poison us?” Ruby asked, seeing the group that had just quite literally dropped in. However, before any of them could reply, Ruby remembered that they could only speak flatooth…as far as she knew.

“Yeah….that’s us,” panted Rory in sharptooth.  The gang (minus Chomper, of course) looked shocked.

“You can speak sharptooth?!” Cera asked amazed. “Yeah, Chomper taught us,” Rita explained.

The gang looked surprised at Chomper, they didn’t know leafeaters were capable of learning a different language. “But that’s not what’s important!” Greg said rather loudly.

Now that the chaos of the leafeater’s unexpected appearance was over, Chomper still had one thing he wanted answered: How did they end up here?!”

“How’d you end up here?” Chomper asked again. The leafeaters took a big sigh, clearly bothered by whatever it was that led them to the canyon.

“It was so horrible….” Rita said softly. “Where have I heard that before?” Chomper mentally asked himself.

“It all started about two days ago…” Greg said, then paused. Rita stepped up.

“Guys, I’ll tell them what we know,” she offered. “Go ahead,” replied Rory and Myra.

TWO DAYS EARLIER…………

“We were all playing together, when we heard the grownups discussing something,” Rita recalled.

Redfoot had called a meeting of the grown ups about a strange occurrence, and he wanted to get to the bottom of it. (Author’s note: This part of the flashback is told from no one’s perspective, Rita will only be telling the group the parts she is involved in.)

“We’ve had less green food then we had last week,” Redfoot said.

“I’ve noticed that too,” agreed Elsie.  “Could it be swarming leaf gobblers?”

“I thought about that,” said Redfoot.  “But no one has reported seeing or hearing any of those annoying insects.”

“So what could it be?” a threehorn asked.

Rory, Rita, Myra, Mo, and Greg were listening in. “Hey guys, maybe we should try to solve the mystery,” Rita suggested.

“How are we going to do that?” asked Myra. “We should split up and look through different parts of the valley, and try to see if anything happens to the green food.”

“But how will we know what to look for?” asked Greg.

“Just go find somebody if you see something odd happen,” Rita explained.  The gang nodded in agreement to this plan.

LATER THAT NIGHT……….

After the flateetth’s parents had gone to sleep, they went to go meet each other in the central part of the valley.  Rita had a plan.

“Let’s split up,” she said. “I’ll go to the side of the big wall, Mo, you stay near the waterhole, Rory and Myra, you two look around the berry fields, and Greg, you look near the caves.”

“Got it,” everyone responded, and headed off to their respective locations.  What the gang saw later that night was something they weren’t expecting.

BACK IN THE PRESENT…….

“So what did you guys see?” Chomper asked. “That was what started all of this,” Myra said.

THE PAST………

Rory and Myra were looking around the tress and sweet bubble bushes, and it didn’t appear like there was any less of the edible substances then normal.

“Maybe we won’t find anything out,” Myra spoke up.  “But, we should at least try,” said Rory. Myra agreed with that statement.

Just then, the 2 threehorns thought they saw someone run by.

“Who’s there?” asked Myra, but there was no reply.

“Maybe it’s just our eyes playing tricks on us,” Rory suggested. “Eyes can’t play tricks,” Rory responded.

Meanwhile, with Greg near the caverns, he decided to have a break to eat a few sweet bubbles himself. “Probably should save some for mom and dad,” he figured. Greg was glad that Ichy and Dil now seemed to never had any more loud arguments, and were tolerant of each other.

But then, the young spiketail felt a presence nearby. “What the?” he said aloud, thinking he saw movement, but if anyone was there, they were already out of view by now.

Meanwhile, Rita seemed to be equally result-less with her results. All the greenfood she was watching had been there before.  But just then, a smell entered her sniffer.

“Hey, isn’t that….” She realized.

WITH MO……….

The swimmer, also having no results, a late night dip in the waterhole. And when he resurfaced, he saw something that shocked him: Multiple trees were on fire!

“Oh my gosh!” he cried, and ran as fast as he could to get help. In no time at all, many of the grownups had arrived, and they began to do their best to douse the blazes.

However, just then, Greg, Rita, Myra, and Rory arrived with similar revelations to reveal, green food all around them was on fire!

Julie and Redfoot worked together to stop the flames in the central part of the valley, stomping on little patches of fire, while using tail swipes to divert water.

THE PRESENT….

“The greenfood was on fire?” Littlefoot asked. He hated green food like any other sharptooth, but this story was intriguing him. “Yes,” Rita replied in the language she had learned recently.

“But the real bad part was what caused those fires, which is what led us here,” went on Rory.

THE PAST……

The grownups soon managed to douse the flames while the kids helped. “5 different fires, 5 different locations, this was no coincidence,” Redfoot deduced.

Everyone agreed with that statement, but no one could figure out who did it. There had been multiple flatteeth near the valley entrances, so they realized it wasn’t sharpteeth, but at the same time, that meant whoever did it was already inside the valley.

“Who would do this?” Ichy asked, not expecting an answer.
“No one I know would have a motive,” Julie spoke up.  This mystery was perplexing everyone’s minds.  However, they would get their answer soon enough.

And it wasn’t going to be one they were fond of…….

THE NEXT MORNING……….

Rita awoke by her mother’s side, it seemed like it was going to be a pretty normal morning. If she only knew….

“I’m gonna go meet up with the guys,” the blue longneck told her mother, and ran off.  Julie nodded in acceptance, believing nothing bad would happen.

When Rita caught up to her friends, she noticed they were gathered around something. “What are you guys looking at?” Rita called, not seeing any of their faces.

“You got to check this out Rita,” called Rory, and when Rita came over, she saw a big hole in the ground!

“When did this get here?” Rita asked confused.  “Must’ve been recent,” Myra said. Then, Rita stood completely still, beginning to get the chills.

“It’s….happening again guys,” she shivered. “What is it, mud sister?” Mo asked.

“Those bad feelings,” Rita replied. “The ones I get whenever something bad’s about to happen.”

“Not again,” Myra gulped nervously. She remembered what happened the last time Rita had these feelings.

“It has to be connected to the burning green food, but what’s gonna happen next?” Rory asked. “I’m sure we don’t want to find out,” Greg spoke up.

“Let’s…..just…go eat something for now,” Rita said, regaining control of her body.   Her friends nodded in agreement, and went on their way.

“I’m gonna go for a swim, mud brothers,” Mo said, walking off.

THE PRESENT………..

“That’s when it was all about to begin,” Rita said to everyone, hating the memory more and more.

“What happened Rita?” Ruby asked.  “Can’t I have a second to rest?” Rita responded. “Sure,” said Ruby.

Chomper realized something. “Holes again?” Chomper asked.

Cera thought back to the underground cavern she and Tricia got sucked into.  She remembered that when she exited it, she was led to a big hole.  Could there be a connection.

“Nah…” she mentally figured.

“So what happened?” Chomper asked. Rita then proceeded to continue the story.

THE PAST……….

As the group of friends were in the middle of having a snack, Rory noticed something.  “Is it just me, and does it look like there’s more dinosaurs here than usual?” the orange threehorn asked.

Mo, Rita, Myra, and Greg turned and it did seem like there were a lot of unfamiliar leafeaters inside the valley. And they had one trait in common: Their bodies were covered in tar and mud marks.

THE PRESENT…….

Cera gasped, but luckily, it wasn’t loud enough to catch her friends’ attention.  “Was it those….what did they say their name was….the Grounders?” the fast biter thought to herself.

THE PAST……….

“Where did all of them come from?” Myra asked, the Grounder members not seeing them.

“I don’t know, but I think we should stay away,” Rita replied. And soon it would be proven that Rita’s words were wise.

Greg started to remember something. “Those look like the dinos I told you about from when I ran way,” he gulped.

“What?!” everyone else went.

The gang kept their distance away from the tar-covered dinos when suddenly they saw a grownup they knew walk up to one of them.

“Who are you?” the adult threehorn asked the Grounder. He got his response…when the longneck-grounder tail-whipped him into the wall!

“What the?!” the friends went in horror.  And with the threeorn’s attack acting as a signal, all of the other Grounders burst into chaotic action.

They began running rampant around Flattooth Valley, attacking (often fatally) all the normal leafteaters.

“We have to get out of here!” yelled Myra, when suddenly she felt someone grab her arm. She screamed, but it turned out to only be Strut.

“Children, we must get out of here, quickly!” the fast runner ordered, knowing a way out of the valley they could use.

“But…our parents!” Rita said. Rory turned to his friend. “Rita, if we stay here, we’ll die! WE HAVE TO GO!”

Rita turned to look back at the mass chaos, and only could hope that her mother and the rest of her friends’ parents and her other friends would make it out alive.

A FEW MINUTES LATER…….

Strut and the young flatteeth had made it out of the valley safely.  They were at an exit that weren’t near any of the other exits.  None of the Grounders had stepped outside of the valley, so they were safe.

“What now Strut?!” Greg yelled.  “Where do we go from here?!” (Author’s note: Don’t worry, Redfoot, Dil, Ichy, Julie, and the rest of the gang’s folks are safe.)

Strut took a brief pause to allow some recovery from the tragedy that had just occurred.  “There is one place we can go,” Strut said, “Considering that a majority of the survivors have fled, this valley is not safe anymore.”

“But what should we do?” Rita asked, tears in her eyes.  “If they are going to stay in the valley, our only choice is to fight back,” Strut said, “But we can’t do that by ourselves. You children will need to go to the Great Valley, you know some of the sharpteeth there, our best chance is to get them to join forces with us again.”

“But what about you Strut?” asked Myra.

The fast runner knew that even though he wanted to help the children, he knew he would be of better assistance going through the Mysterious Beyond.  Also, he knew that if the gang went with him, he wasn’t sure if they be able to find enough food for everyone.

“There’s someone I have to find,” replied the fast runner.

“Guys, we have to do this!” Rita said, managing to hold back her tears. “For our friends, our families, for everyone!”
“I’m in,” said Rory. “Me too,” continued Greg.  “As am I,” Myra concluded.

“Then, I wish you all the best of luck,” Sturt said, pointing in the direction of the Great Valley, then went off in his own direction. “Farewell for now.”

THE PRESENT……….

All of the sharpteeth were horrified by the story., especially Cera.  “And we kept walking in this direction until we failed to noticed we were on an edge above this canyon and fell down,” Rita finally concluded.

“So now what?” asked Littlefoot.

“We need to meet the leader of the Great Valley, we’ve moved here, you could say,” Rita said.

(There’s chapter 13, Read and Review! NOTE TO MY READERS: On the 21st, I leave for a vacation with my dad to Florida, South Carolina, and West Virginia for a family reunion, and went be back to the 31st. So if I don’t have a chapter up by then, don’t expect one till early August.)

Next Time on Sharptooth Valley II: Rita, Rory, Myra, and Greg are allowed to stay in the valley by Sharptooth, but will they be able to prove to the other inhabitants that can be of use and not food? Also, Cera reveals what truly happened to her and Tricia, and Ruby is in for a surprise.)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Now that my vacation is over, I can give you guys the next chapter, so here it is!)

Chapter 14: A Leaf Among Meat Part 1

The sharpteeth were still shocked by the leafeaters’ recent statements.  “Live here?” Littlefoot finally spoke up, “Are you sure that’s safe?”

“The leader here knows me,” Rita said, “And you guys can vouch for us, right?”

“We will,” Ruby responded, nodding her head.  “It’s just that…I doubt we will be able to tell everyone, and there are some sharpteeth we know that are still upset towards your kind because of the water contamination incident.”

“No surprise there…” Myra said, reluctantly nodding with agreement.  “We should be getting back to the Valley now,” Petrie spoke up.

The gang now didn’t really care about the hunting test, they were sure what just transpired would cause Sharptooth to give them another opportunity to take the test at a later date.

“Did we interrupt something?” asked Greg. “No, nothing,” Chomper said.

As the now bigger group was walking out of the canyon, Chomper, Ruby, and Littlefoot noticed that something was clearly spooking Cera. True, the flattooth’s story did shock them, but Cera looked more frightened, as if there was something else that was bothering her….  “Cera, something wrong?” Ruby asked. “No, nothing at all,” the light orange fast biter lied.

Her friends could clearly tell that wasn’t the truth, but they decide to ask her about it later. Now, they needed to find Sharptooth.

Dein, Terri, and Mr. Belly Dragger were still judging the young sharpteeth who were returning with the prey they had caught. “Odd,” Dein commented, “I’m surprised we haven’t seen our son or any of his friends.”

“Yeah, I know,” Terri agreed, “But I’m willing to bet they are going to bring back the biggest prey of them all!” It was at that moment the grownup sharpteeth saw Chomper and the others coming towards them, and then they noticed the 4 leafeaters following them.

“Well, this wasn’t what we were expecting,” Dein said, confused about what was going on. But then he noticed Rita among the leafeaters.

“Isn’t that that longneck Chomper is friends with?” he asked his mate. “It is,” Terri replied.  “I remember her too,” added Mr. Belly Dragger.

“Mom, we have a situation,” Chomper said.

A FEW MINUTES LATER…………

The three grownups were also shocked by the story of how the 4 prey dinosaurs ended up there.  “That’s horrible,” Terri said, slightly creeped out.

“We just hope we can get some help here,” said Rory. “So where is this sharptooth named Sharptooth?”

“At this time of day, since there isn’t another meeting planned for today, I would assume he is having dinner at this time.”

Although Rory, Rita, Myra, and Greg were still a tad bit nervous about living amongst sharpteeth, there were even more bothered by the fact they would be around the predators when they were eating, that was a sight they just knew they wouldn’t get used to seeing.

“Stick close by us,” Dein said to the new arrivals, “There are some people I know who would try to eat you if they saw you, mainly cause they are always hungry.”  Myra shivered a bit at this comment.

“He does have a point there,” Petrie said, flying above.  “My siblings are probably hungry for threehorn right now.”

“Now’s not the time to be saying that,” Littlefoot whispered to his friend. “Sorry,” Petrie apologized, hoping he didn’t add any fear to the newcomers. But their personal mission prevented them from being bothered by that comment.

ANOTHER COUPLE OF MINUTES LATER……….

Everyone made it back to the entrance of the Great Valley.  “I sort of remember this place,” Rita recalled, having lived here in the early portions of her life before the sharpteeth came.

“At least you have a nice supply of green food,” Greg commented, seeing all the plants and trees around them.

“Guys, let’s worry about that later,” Myra spoke up, “We need this Sharptooth to let us stay in this place.” Everyone agreed with that.

Like Mr. Belly Dragger said, Sharptooth was enjoying a nice dinner of a flattoothed flyer.  He had been impressed with the catchings many of the young sharpteeth had made over today, and he knew which of them would be great additions to the hunting parties.  There were some young sharpteeth who were less successful, but they would have another opportunity to test their skills at the next Hunting Final.
“Sharptooth!” Ruby called, getting his attention. “Yes Ruby?” Sharptooth asked in response, seeing her lead the rest of her friends. “There are some dinosaurs who need to talk to you.”

“Who would that be?” he asked, but he soon got his answer when he saw Rory, Greg, Myra, and Rita.  He immediately recognized them, but he didn’t know what they were doing here in the Great Valley. Then it hit him.

The feelings he had some time ago, about danger being in the future. Actually, he knew these 4 leaf eaters posed no threat in the slightest to the Great Valley’s tranquility, he just knew in his mind that the reason they were here couldn’t be related to anything good.

“Um….Mr. Sharptooth?” Rita asked in the language of the carnivores. “Me and my friends have a big request to ask you….”

(Author’s note: At this point, Rita and the rest of her friends explained what you were already told about in the previous chapter.  I can imagine it might get repetitive to tell the same story twice in 2 consecutive chapters, so I’m just going to skip the telling of the story to Sharptooth. PS: For those of you who are reading this on fanfiction.net only, I’m back from my vacation and thought it was very fun.)

“That’s horrible,” Sharptooth said, having never heard of such big chaos since the Rinkus and Sierra conflict.  

“And that’s why we’re here now,” Rita said, concluding the tale. “So Mr. Sharptooth, could me and my friends stay here and try to get help in saving our valley?”

Sharptooth, of course, couldn’t say no in this situation.  He cared for the 4 young flatteeth, and knew that this was the best thing he could do for them.  

“Yes, all 4 of you are welcomed here and I assure you that you will be safe, and we’ll help you with your mission.” Sharptooth said.

Greg and the others looked happy, but they still got nervous at the sight of the biggest carnivore in the area.

“Thank you sir,” the 4 leaf eaters said in unison. “I’ll call for a meeting to explain the situation to everyone,” Sharptooth announced.

“Stick by us until, ok?” Terri smiled, wanting to get along with her son’s friends. “Sure Mrs. Chomper’s mom,” Rory replied in sharptooth.

As Mr. Belly Dragger went around the valley to tell the inhabitants about the recent meeting, Ruby, Littlefoot, and Chomper went over to Cera. Ducky and Spike returned to the waterhole.

Most of the adults (Particularly the ones who were parents) were wondering what the meeting they had been informed of could be about, since Mr. Belly Dragger said it wasn’t related to the big hunting test.

“Something you want to ask me?” Cera asked, knowing her friends had something on her minds.

“Cera, something was bothering you earlier today, we could see it on your face,” Ruby said.

“Was it something connected to the evil dinos Rita talked about?” asked Chomper curiously.

“It’s just, well….I’ll tell you guys later!” Cera said, still not knowing what to do.

Ruby turned to her two t-rex friends. “Let’s catch up with her after the meeting.”  Chomper and Littlefoot nodded in agreement to this plan.

AT THE MEETING AREA………

Nobody besides the sharpteeth who already knew were currently aware of Rita, Myra, Rory, and Greg’s presence.

Myra gulped. “Scared?” Rory asked with a little smirk in an attempt to brighten the mood. “No, just haven’t seen so many sharpteeth at once,” Myra replied.

“Ok, I’ll give you that,” Rory nodded.  After a few more minutes, the meeting area was packed.

Sharptooth cleared his throat with a very small roar to begin his speech.  “Everyone, a tragic event has happened a few days ago,” he began.

“What happened?” asked Watra from the waterhole. (Remember, she’s the same type of dinosaur as Elsie from LBT5.)  This was on everyone’s minds, it a tragic event occurred, how could they have not heard about it?

Rita and the others were still standing behind Sharptooth, still not quite ready to walk out into the open.  No one could see them yet, and they knew that if they were smelt by someone in the crowd, that sharptooth would probably figure it was one of the prey the young hunters had brought back.

“From what I’ve just heard, a mysterious and evil group of dinosaurs out in the Mysterious Beyond, that consisted of both carnivores and herbivores snuck into Flattooth Valley and killed and injured many of it’s inhabitants.

Everyone was surprised by this news, though Veli said only in his mind “So, why should we care? It’s just flatteeth.”

“And now, the primary reason I called all of you here tonight is this: 4 young leaf eaters who managed to escape the chaos have come here to the Great Valley.”

Rory, Rita, Greg, and Myra knew that this was the signal for them to make their appearance, so they stepped forward.

“Hey, I recognize the longneck,” Littlefoot’s grandmother whispered to his grandfather, “She helped us in the confrontation with that gang of flyers.”

“Yeah, I think I may have seen her when we all met up after we won the battle,” Grandpa Sharptooth replied.

“They were told to come to this valley to find assistance on their mission to reclaim their valley. Until that time, they will stay here, and live with us,” Sharptooth explained.

This trigged mixed, non-vocal reactions from the crowd.  Some of the grownups felt the same way Sharptooth did, and were willing to accept the leaf eaters as part of the Great Valley. Some weren’t quite as trusting, however. Some of them felt that if what these kids said was true, what would stop those evil dinosaurs from the Great Valley?  And some of the grownups even thought they could’ve been making all of this up and that the kids might actually be up to something. (Most of them didn’t recognize them from the flyer battle.)

“Unless the leafeaters change their minds about where they want to stay, they will stay in my cave for the time being,” Sharptooth concluded.

Ruby, watching for a distance, didn’t mind this news, she had grown to like Rita and the others from their past meetings.  It was clear at this point that the meeting was coming to a close, so she went to find Chomper.

The Bright Circle was setting on that day, so Rory, Myra, Rita, and Greg decided to head to Sharptooth’s cave.  They would get used to life in the Great Valley tomorrow.

Chomper and Ruby finally caught up to Cera again meanwhile. “Ok Cera, the meeting is over, what were you going to tell us?”

Cera sighed, finally ready to tell her friends about what she experienced. “You remember when me and Tricia got swept away by the fast water?” she asked. Ruby and Chomper nodded yes. “Well, I wasn’t quite telling the truth when I said we simply just swam to safety.”

“So what happened?” Chomper asked, hoping his fast biter friends didn’t get hurt in that situation.

“Well, eventually we ended up in a whirlpool and got sucked underground. But we didn’t drown because we ended up in some kind of cave.” “Whoa…” Chomper and Ruby responded.

“And in that cave, we saw dinosaurs like the ones in Rita’s story,” Cera went on. Ruby and Chomper now went wide-eyed.  “Did they hurt you?” Ruby asked, hoping they didn’t.

“No, they looked like they were training for something,”   “Probably the attack on Flattooth Valley,” Chomper figured.

“But how did you get out of there with no trouble?” asked Ruby. “Oh, some kids led us to a way out.”

“Geez, they even have kids in that group, that’s awful,” said Ruby.  “What kind of dinosaurs were they?”

“If I remember right, they were a sharptooth and a fast biter, and they were both boys,” Cera recalled. “Did they say their names?” Chomper asked.

“No, they said it was against their leader’s rules or something,” Cera explained.

“That’s someone I’m sure we don’t wanna meet,” Ruby spoke up.  “What did they look like?”

“Well, they had the tar on them like the dinosaurs in Rita’s story, but I could see what colors they were,” Cera said. “The sharptooth was dark-colored, his body was almost the same color as the tar. But the fast biter looked kind of odd,” Cera explained.

“Odd, how?” Ruby asked.

AT SHARPTOOTH’S CAVE………

“Pretty big place,” Rory spoke up, looking around.  “We all have plenty of sleeping space, even with Sharptooth in here.”

“Well, we’ll probably be here for a while, it’s a good thing we’ll like it,” Rita said, eating a treestar she had plucked from a tree.  

BACK WITH CHOMPER, RUBY, AND CERA……….

“Well, it was odd, because from what I could see of him, that fast biter’s colors were like the exact same as yours Ruby,” Cera concluded.

Ruby went wide-eyed. Thinking back, way, way, back, there were only 4 other fast biters with the same color as her. And she knew who they all were…..

TO BE CONTINUED……….

(Hope you enjoyed this chapter and hope it makes up for my absence due to my vacation. Anyways, as usual, Read and Review!)

Next time on Sharptooth Valley II: Ruby is haunted by Cera’s recent revelation, Rita and the others get used to life in the Great Valley, and Mr. Belly Dragger may finally have found an apprentice.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(As usual, the next chapter is here.)

Chapter 15: A Leaf Among Meat Part 2

“That’s odd,” Chomper said, after hearing Cera’s description of the fast biter she encountered in the cavern of the Grounders. “What do you think about that Ruby?”

But when Chomper turned towards his girlfriend, he saw that she was standing perfectly still with her eyes and mouth wide open, as if in shock.

“Um Ruby, what’s going on?” Cera asked, now she was the one asking questions. Ruby still did not reply.

“Ok, this is bad,” Chomper whispered to Cera. Ruby was clearly in shock, and she wouldn’t tell them the reason.

Just then, the dark red/pink fast biter began walking forward, as if in a trance, as she didn’t interact (or seem to notice for that matter) any of her surroundings. She made her way across the Great Valley without coming into contact with anyone, having just one thought in her head:

“It couldn’t be…..there’s no way…..it has to be someone else.”  That thought kept echoing in her mind until she reached Sharptooth’s cave, where she then found her regular sleeping spot.

“Night Ruby,” Rory called in the sharptooth language, but Ruby still didn’t reply. “That’s odd,” Rory said to himself, confused by Ruby’s silence.  The threeorn decided to ask her about it tomorrow.

In Chomper’s cave, he was having even more unsettling feelings that the ones caused by Cera looking disturbed, but he eventually managed to fall asleep.

THE NEXT MORNING………..

All around the valley, the sharpteeth (as well as the 4 leaf eaters) were waking up from what was pretty much a good night’s sleep. “Well, this is it,” Rita said to her friends.

“What’s it?” asked Greg with a yawn.

“This is our first entire day spent in the Great Valley since we were younger,” Rita explained in response.

“We should try to make some friends here,” agreed Rory, “I’m sure some of the sharpteeth will like us, considering we know how to speak like they do.”

“We can only hope so,” concluded Myra.

ACROSS THE VALLEY………

Littlefoot noticed Shorty was already awake, but he had already left, possibly to catch breakfast for himself.  Ducky, Spike, and the rest of Ducky’s family were enjoying breakfast, Spike eating a small threehorn (Don’t worry, it is not Rory or Myra) pretty quickly.  

“You love to eat a lot Spike, you do, you do,” smiled Ducky. “Please, tell us something we don’t know,” one of her sisters said.

Petrie awoke with a start, his brothers playing a prank on him, by lifting him p and dropping him back into the nest. They then quickly flew off, laughing all the way.

“Jerks,” Petrie muttered, by then he formed a hypothesis. “Maybe I’ll try to work this into one of my future stunts,” the young sharptooth flyer figured, then set off to join his friends.

Guido managed to sleep out in the open, since he hated rain making his feathers all wet.

Tippy slept peacefully near the water with the other belly draggers.

Cera had a peaceful night’s sleep with her family, and she hoped Ruby was feeling better, but she doubted it.

Chomper soon awoke, had a quick breakfast with his parents, then went off to find Ruby and the rest of his pals.

The gang (Including Rory, Rita, Greg, and Myra) were gathered at the gang’s traditional story-telling space.  Ruby still had that same expression on her face, it’s almost like she was a zombie. (Which the gang of course have never heard of nor do they exist.)  But she was doing more things then she was last night, for example, she was paying attention to her friends, and with actions only, responded to what they did.

“What’s going on Chomper?” asked Littlefoot, looking at Ruby, “She looks even more freaked out than Cera did.”

“I don’t know what made her start acting like that,” Chomper responded,  “After Cera told us why she was scared, Ruby started acting…..ya know, I wouldn’t say scared….it looked more like she was surprised by something.”

“Must be a pretty bad surprise,” commented Petrie.

At this point, Myra came over. “It was odd walking over here,” she said, “We could see some of the grownups looked angry at us.”

“It’s all Redfoot’s fault,” grumbled Greg, “If he wasn’t so desperate at trying to get this place back, which, in all honesty, really isn’t that greater than our regular valley, maybe sharpteeth and flatteeth around these parts would be able to get along easier.”

“Agreed,” said Rita.  “I saw some belly draggers playing a game that looked interesting, but they seemed mad at me.”

Just then, much against everyone’s expectance, Ruby finally spoke up. “Don’t worry, give everyone here time, I’m sure they’ll grow to like you.”

Chomper was relieved to see Ruby talking again.  “Glad to hear you again Ruby,” smiled Chomper. “Why were you staying quiet?”

“Oh, no reason, I just had something wrong with my throat,” she said with a laugh. Suddenly she brought her mouth close to Chomper’s ear and whispered “Met me at Saurus Rock tonight.”

Chomper nodded in reply.  He felt that Ruby made up the throat comment, and this pretty much confirmed by what she just said. Suddenly, a large growling was heard.

“Spike, I’ve never heard your belly growl that loudly,” Littlefoot said with a little smirk. Spike made a noise suggesting “That wasn’t me.”  The growling was heard again, revealing that it was Greg’s belly whose was rumbling.

“I guess I’m hungry,” Greg said, “What’s the best place to find treestars?” he asked.  

Ducky turned to face one direction. “Over there, oh yes, oh yes,” the swimming sharptooth said. “I’ll go with you,” Rory said.

As the two boys left, Myra let out a little smile. “Ah Greg…body of a spiketail, stomach of a belly dragger.” Neither Spike nor Tippy looked offended by this comment.

“Tippy wonders what we should do next?” she asked.  

Chomper turned to the longneck and threehorn who stayed behind. “You guys ever play Pine Cone?” he asked. Chomper knew that his friends indeed played that game in the past reality before he made his wish, but wasn’t sure if that was still the same case in this reality.

“We’ve heard of it,” Rita said, “I’m told it’s very popular with sharptooth kids, is that right?”

All the sharpteeth nodded yes.  “Come on, we’ll show it to you,” Ruby smiled, finally managing to look happy again.  And the gang set off to their little arena.

MEANWHILE………..

Greg and Rory managed to find the trees Ducky was talking about. “I take my previous comment back,” Greg said, looking up at the massive amounts of treestars, “This place is paradise compared to our Valley.”

“But we’re still going to reclaim it,” Rory said, hoping this wouldn’t distract Greg from their main goal.  “I know, I know,” Greg replied apologetically.  As they began digging in, they noticed Hyp, Nod, and Mutt a short distance away.

Hyp had been spending more of his time with his buds, mainly to avoid his father and his brother Silo.  Today, he, Mutt, and Nod gathered up a lot of little leafeaters for a little eating contest.

“I’m the best eater here in the valley, and probably the best compared to those in the Mysterious Beyond too,” Nod bragged. “No way, me and Mutt could eat more than you,” Hyp retorted.

This gave Rory an idea. “What don’t you join that competition Greg?” he suggested only half-sarcastically.  

“You know I won’t eat meat!” Greg replied. Rory laughed.  “I know that….but why don’t you try entering with your own personal favorite: treestars?”  

Greg looked up and noticed that indeed that the amount of green food in the immediate area was comparable to how much prey the trio had caught. “Good idea,” Greg said, and he and Rory quickly gathered up a lot.

ELSE WHERE……….

Chomper, Littlefoot, Petrie, Ruby, Cera, Tippy, Spike (Non-verbally of course), and Guido explained to Myra and Rita the rules of Pine Cone. “Sounds pretty fun,” said Rita.

“How about this, boys vs. girls?” said Littlefoot.  “It’s a game,” Myra replied confidently. Myra, Rita, Ruby, Cera, and Tippy got on one side while Chomper, Spike, Littlefoot, Guido, and Petrie got on the other.  Ducky, as usual, had to watch from the waterhole, but that didn’t bother her.

The game soon began. The girls got an early lead when Ruby employed a new tactic she created in her head: She called it the “Wait Till Chomper Has The Pine Cone, Run Up To Him, Give Him A Warm Smile, Thus Distracting Him Long Enough For You To Steal The Pine Cone Away From Him And Run Towards The Goal And Score A Point, And When The Other Team Isn’t Catching On To This, Keep Using This Method Over And Over Until Victory Is Ours” plan.  (Catchy name, ain’t it?)

Littlefoot and Petrie managed to bring the game back in the guys’ favor with double the effort from both of them.  But the game was soon come to an abrupt stop when Guido noticed something a short distance away.

“Hey, what’s that?” the sharpbeak asked, seeing Mr. Belly Dragger tending to someone. “Nice try Guido, that’s not distracting us,” Cera commented, thinking it was all a part of the game.

“No, I see something too,” Rita said, recognizing Mr. Belly Drager, having worked with him during the showdown at Black Roc. “I’m gonna go see if he needs help.”

“Help?” Guido asked confused, “Where did she learn healing stuff?”

“Oh, it’s something she learned about back home,” Myra explained, “She said that information could be very handy when someone’s sick or hurt.”

MEANWHILE…….

“Aren’t you some of those flatteeth who came here yesterday?” asked Hyp. “The very same,” replied Rory. “My friend here wants to join your eating contest.”

“But he’s a flattooth,” Nod laughed, “I’m sure meat isn’t exactly his forte.”  

“I’m aware of that,” replied Greg, showing the huge pile of leaves he and Rory collected.  “That’s why I’ll enter with these.”

“You’re on!” Nod laughed, certain he would win.

A FEW MINUTES LATER……….

“Go Greg! Go Greg!” Rory cheered on from the sidelines, it was clear that either Greg r Nod would be the winner. Mutt had given up early into the competition, and even though Hyp tried his hardest, he eventually couldn’t fit anything else into his stomach.

Greg caught engulfing the leaves like crazy while Nod kept on eating his meat as fast as he could. Soon, both players were eating more slowly, signifying they were getting full.

“Just a few more….” Greg strained to himself. He leaned over and grabbed the last leaf he could with his teeth, and gulped it down. After that, he gave up, and Nod still had enough energy to eat one more of his food. “I won!” the belly dragger cheered, albeit weakly.

“Good game,” Hyp said, getting to be a lot nicer now, shaking Greg’s front foot with his claw.

“You guys are pretty cool,” Rory said, “Wanna hang out again in the future?” “Sure,”  replied Nod, who just then let out a massive belch, followed soon by Greg. Soon, all 5 dinosaurs were sharing a big laugh.

ELSE WHERE……..

Mr. Belly Dragger did indeed want Rita’s help, he was treating a teenage fast biter who had gotten bitten during an unsuccessful hunt.

“I know just the trick for something like this,” Rita said, remembering similar incidents happening in her home valley, gathering a purple plant with her teeth.

“Rub this on the wound, and make sure he doesn’t get it wet, that could only increase the pain,” the longneck said in sharptooth.

“That’s correct Rita,” Mr. Belly Dragger smiled, impressed by her knowledge of cures and other medicines. He realized something now, and knew he had to ask this longneck the question.

“Rita,” the big belly dragger said, “For some time now I’ve been looking for an apprentice who can follow in my claw prints. Now, I don’t know how long you’ll live in the Great Valley, but until then, could you consider this offer?”

Rita thought about this for a moment.  This would be a good opportunity to make friends with the sharpteeth. I mean, what better way to get to meet others than to help them with injuries or possibly save their lives? (AUTHOR’S NOTE: Actually, I’m sure that’s not the best way, but let’s just go with that for the sake of the story.) “Mr. Belly Dragger, I accept your offer,” she replied, trying to sound “all proper.”  

“I’m glad to hear that,” the belly dragger smiled back, “Meet me in this area tomorrow after lunch.”

At this point, Rory and a pretty full Greg rejoined the group.  “What happened to you?” Myra asked Greg with a laugh.

“Had an eating contest,” the spiketail replied, a bit weak from all that eating. “With 3 dinos named Nod, Hyp, and Mutt. They seem nice.”

“Wow, you got along with Hyp and his buddies, that is impressive,” Chomper said, even though they knew Hyp had gotten nice since Silo arrived, but he was surprised that the flatteeth befriended him so quickly.

Rita looked up to see the Bright Circle beginning to set. “It’s about dinner time,” she said, “We should be heading back to our sleeping places/families for a bite to eat.”

Everyone nodded yes, and the gang said their goodbyes and went separate ways.

As the 4 leafeaters headed towards the trees with many treestars, Rory smiled “I think we’re off to a good start.”

LATER THAT NIGHT………..

After Dein and Terri went to sleep, Chomper snuck out and headed back to Saurus Rock, where ruby was waiting at the top.  “I’m here,” he called to Ruby, and began climbing up the big stone t-rex.

At the top, Ruby didn’t look shocked anymore, but she still looked rather serious and bothered. “So what’s bothering you?” Chomper asked his girlfriend.

“Cera’s story about what happened,” Ruby replied.  “What part of it?”  Chomper asked. “When she talked about the kids who helped her and Tricia out of there,” Ruby replied.

“So what bothered you?” Chomper asked again.

“When she talked about that little fast biter, she said he looked like me when it came to colors.”

“So why does that bother you?” asked Chomper.

“I’ve seen a lot of little fast biters in my life, and there’s only one I’ve seen that shares my colors,” Ruby gulped.

“Who’s that?” asked Chomper, when a theory of who it might be popped in his head, but it couldn’t be true….could it?

“My brother Howler,” Ruby finally said.  “The one who I thought died when he fell down that crack in the Earth. I doubt it could be true, but that’s the only possible fast biter Cera could have seen.”

Chomper just sat their, shocked and wide-eyed. Was Ruby’s brother alive? And if he is, what was he doing with those evil dinos?

“That’s all I wanted to say,” Ruby concluded, giving Chomper a quick kiss. “See you tomorrow.”  

Both carnivores headed to their homes, but this night wouldn’t be leaving their minds anytime soon.

(Read and Review! Hope you liked this chapter!)

Next Time on Sharptooth Valley II: After Littlefoot and Rory are badly injured in a tragic mistake, 3 members of the gang recount the events that led up to it in a 3-part chapter storyline.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Chapter 16 is here, right now guys!)

Chapter 16: Trilogy of Trauma Part 1: Petrie’s Story

“IT HURTS!!!” Littlefoot roared in pain, as did Rory. Both of them had their tails and one of their legs badly hurt, potentially even broken. And all because of an accident they wouldn’t want to remember….

Rita and Mr. Belly Dragger quickly arrived at the scene. “What happened?!” Rita asked horrified, seeing her friends with hurt. Littlefoot and Rory weren’t strong enough to reply, so Mr. Belly Dragger picked the two of them up and carried them back to where the healing process could begin.

Choper, Ruby, Myra, Greg, Cera, Petrie, and Shorty watched this whole event transpire before their eyes, and they hated the fact they were unable to do anything about it. Shorty, followed shortly thereafter by Saura and Tyran went over to where Littlefoot was.

The rest of the gang, not wanting to disrupt or possibly mess-up the cures that would be applied, headed back to their homes with a dash of regret in all of them.

THE NEXT MORNINNG……….

“This sucks….it really does,” Cera sighed, walking with Chomper and Petrie.

“I can’t believe we weren’t able to stop this,” Chomper sighed. The 3 young sharpteeth made their way over to Sharptooth’s cave, they had something to tell him.

Currently, Myra and Greg were gathering up food for Rory, and Spike, Tippy, Guido, Ducky (from the water of course), and Ruby were waiting patiently to see if their friends’ condition was improving. The 3 who were going to the cave were the ones who could explain the situation the best that’s why they chose to go there.

“Um…Mr. Shartptooth?” Petrie asked when they arrived at their destination.

“Yes Petrie?” the massive t-rex asked I response.  “We want to tell you about why our friends got hurt,” Petrie concluded.

“I heard it wasn’t an accident,” Sharptooth replied. “But Ruby didn’t want to go in details.”

“I could understand why,” Chomper said, making eye contact with the ground only.

“So what happened children?” Sharptooth asked. Cera, Petrie, and Chomper sighed and stayed silent for a few seconds before Petrie finally spoke up.

“I guess I’ll start,” the sharptoothed flyer said. He thought back to an appropriate place to start the story.

“Well, a few days ago……..”

(Author’s note: This 3-part chapter is set about a week and a half after the events of the previous chapter, so you can know the time gap.)

PETRIE’S POV:

It was a regular morning for all of us. We all went on our morning hunt except for the flatteeth of course, when we decided to play another game of Pine Cone.

“Go far!” Littlefoot called, using all his might to toss it to Cera, his teammate.  Cera leaped up and managed to dodge Spike and Rita’s tail whacks, as they were on the opposite team.

“I’m going to win!” Cera bragged, dashing towards the goal, when Myra charged into her and knocked her over, causing the pine to fly out of her claws and into the moving water.

“Aw crud,” Cera complained, “That was the only cone we found today.”

Now me, being the only flyer, decided to go get it.

Petrie followed the floating pine cone down the water, but he never got a chance to grab it before it went off a waterfall.

But I wasn’t about to give up.

When the pine cone hit the water below, the rapids stopped moving, giving Petrie the perfect chance to swoop down and grab it. “Now’s my chance!” he said. He zipped downwards and picked up the game piece with his claws. Now, the part of the valley Petrie was in was pretty abandoned, except for one dinosaur.

A lone bladeback, about the gang’s age, was playing by himself, tossing a rock and catching it.  Petrie was curious about who this kid was and didn’t want him to be by himself.

“Um…..hello there,” the carnivorous flyer said, catching the bladeback’s attention and causing him to turn around. “Um, hey….” He replied.

“What are you doing here by yourself?” Petrie asked.

I was being as polite as I should have been, I can remember.

“Playing,” was the only thing the young bladeback said in response.  “Don’t you have friends to play with?” Petrie asked.

“I don’t have friends,” the bladeback replied, not in a “I’m proud of that” tone, but more like a “I wish I did” tone.

“I could introduce you to my friends,” Petrie offered friendly.  “Really?” the bladeback smiled. “Thank you.”

“Just follow me,” Petrie said, when he suddenly remembered that since the bladeback was a ground walker, he couldn’t simply fly back the same way Petrie could.

“Looks like to we have to go another way,” Petrie laughed.

ALONG THE PATH BACK TO THE GANG……

“What’s your name anyways?” asked Petrie. “I’m Spinner,” the bladeback replied.  “Neat name,” commented Petrie.

Now Spinner seemed nice. He really was. It’s just what happened next caused something bad.

Meanwhile, the rest of the gang was getting patient. “Where on earth is Petrie?” grunted Cera. “It’s been like half an hour already!”

“I see him!” Greg called, turning his head, “And there’s someone walking with him too.”

“Petrie was walking?” Ruby asked surprised. “You know what I meant,” replied Greg.

Petrie and Spinner showed up, the young flier holding the pinecone in claw. “Everybody, this is Spinner,” Petrie introduced.

“Hi Spinner, I’m Ruby,” the fast biter introduced. “Hi…” Spinner replied, rather shyly.

“And I’m Rita,” Rita smiled. “I think I saw you before,” Spinner said, recalling the meeting Sharptooth held.

One by one, the rest of the gang (Including Shorty) introduced themselves to Spinner, and the bladeback seemed happy to meet them.

“We were just in the middle of a game, wanna join us?” Myra asked in sharptoth.

“Sure,” Spinner replied, still slightly shy. “You were playing a game of pine cone, right?”

Everyone nodded “yes.”

“Well, I’ve seen others play it before, I hope I can be of assistance.”  Guido volunteered to step out of the game so Spinner could join and so there would be teams with an even number of players on each.

And, I have to admit, Spinner was a natural at that game! He was one of the best pine cone players under the Bright Circle!

Spinner helped the game turn around completely. Myra’s team, which was behind the whole game, now was taking the lead!

“This is fun!” Spinner grinned, scoring the 9th and final point needed to win the game.

“I…..don’t……believe that,” Cera said, shocked.  “You did great Spinner!” Littlefoot complimented. This was pretty good for someone who had never played the game before.

“Really?” asked Spinner, impressed by his own strength.  “Yeah, you did awesome!” cheered Chomper.

It was just then they heard mean-sounding laughter.

Silo had been taking a walk and bragging to some female sharpteeth his age about his great hunting abilities.

“So, the puny little bladeback is good at a little brat’s game,” Silo laughed.

“Knock it off Silo,” Littlefoot responded, sticking up for his new friend.  “We just met him, and he didn’t do anything to you!”

“Hmph, whatever,” Silo chuckled, walking off with that kind of smug expression that if a real-life person gave you, you would just want to punch in the face, you know?

Spinner noticeably looked hurt by this comment. “Don’t let him get to you Spinner, Silo’s just a bully,” Chomper said.

THE PRESENT, IN SHARPTOOTH’S CAVE………

“And that’s where the trouble started…..” Petrie concluded for now.

(Read and review! Sorry this chapter was short in length, but the next 2 chapters of this storyline will be longer, this one pretty much was the prologue. )

Next time on Sharptooth Valley II: Spinner keeps hanging out with the gang, but will Silo’s taunts end up pushing him over the edge?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Here’s the next chapter, hope you guys enjoy it!)

Chapter 17: Trilogy of Trauma Part 2: Cera’s Story.

On the other side of the Great Valley, Rita and Mr. Belly Dragger were still, for lack of a different word, operating on Littlefoot and Rory.

“Ow…..ow,” they said still in great pain, but they managed to stop yelling.  Rita felt Littlefoot’s leg to determine where the bone fracture was.

“Ooh, this is bad,” she said, feeling where the bones in the leg didn’t feel right.  “I don’t know if you guys will be able to move for a while now,” she revealed.

“You two will need to keep those elevated,” Mr. Belly Dragger said, as he applied the healing fruit juices.

“I remember those,” Guido said, watching from a short distance away. A couple of months ago, he and Petrie got badly injured after one of Petrie’s stunts went wrong. The sharpbeak hated that memory, and also hated the situation his pals were in now.

BACK AT SHARPTOOTH’S CAVE…………

“So what happened next?” Sharptooth asked Chomper, Petrie, and Cera.

“Well, I was gone for a bit,” Petrie explained, “Helping my family with their hunts.”  “I was there,” Cera said, “I’ll pick where you left off Petrie.”

“Thanks,” responded the sharptoothed flier.

FLASHBACK……

CERA’S POV:

We had all grown to like Spinner, he was fun to play with.

The gang decided to go explore the Secret Caverns that day, Ruby looking the most excited by this. “I love caves,” the fast biter said.

“Tippy bets Spike does too,” Tippy commented, “Cause Spike can corner and catch his food in there.”  Spike nodded in agreement.

As the gang reached the Secret Caverns and started to walk inside, Spinner stopped dead in his tracks.

“Something wrong Spinner?” asked Chomper. “I….don’t like the dark,” Spinner replied with a noticeable shiver.

“It’s ok, you don’t have t go with us, you can just wait outside,” Ruby said calmly. “Thanks Ruby,” replied Spinner, and the young bladeback ran back out into the sunshine.

Little did we know this was exactly what Silo wanted to hear.

As the group was adventuring through the caves, Chomper came over to Ruby with a suggestion. “After this, we should get lunch for Spinner.”

“That’s a good idea Chomper,” Ruby responded, “He seems very shy. And Silo didn’t help when he teased him the other day.”

“Yeah, Hyp’s brother was a real jerk,” agreed Cera.

I think I can understand why Hyp used to be a bully. After seeing his dad and his brother, it’s clear that it’s something that runs in his family.

Spinner was waiting for his friends outside while he hummed to himself. After a few minutes of nothing happening around him, he heard a familiar voice, and it wasn’t a good one.

“Hey there tiny biter,” Silo laughed in a mean tone. Spinner turned to see the teen t-rex walking up to him.

“Leave me alone,” Spinner said, not wanting to deal with the bully again.

“Your friends dessert you?” Silo asked with a jerkish laugh. “They did not!” Spinner yelled angrily. “I’m only by myself because I don’t like dark caves!

“So you hate the dark eh?” Silo smirked evilly. Spinner suddenly got very nervous.

“Knock it off bro!”  Hyp said, walking up to his brother. Silo’s grin did not go away in the slightest.

“Ah yes….me beloved brother,” Silo laughed, then he turned to Spinner. “You’re off the pointy rock (Off the hook)……..for now, that is.”

Hyp ran off with his brother in presuit. After a few more minutes, the gang exited the Secret Caverns.  They could see that Spinner looked slightly distressed.

“Don’t tell me Hyp’s brother….” Petrie figured. Spinner only nodded in reply.

“I hate him…” the bladeback said in a quiet-yet-angry voice.

Littlefoot and the others didn’t know how to respond to that comment.  True, they could say they hated Rinkus and Sierra and the other evil flyers, but they didn’t really hate anyone in the Great Valley.  Even when Hyp, Nod, and Mutt acted like bullies towards them, even then the gang wouldn’t hate them.

“I wish that meanie’s dad would do something about him,” Spinner grunted madly.

“I doubt that will happen,” commented Nod, who was walking by.  “Hyp’s father would never say or do anything bad to Silo, not even complain that he’s acting like a jerk. To Hyp’s dad, Silo is the model hatchling.”

Spinner growled, upset by this. “Just don’t worry about it,” Rita said, trying to cheer Spinner up. “We won’t let him tease you anymore.”

“Thank you Rita,” Spinner replied.

THE PRESENT, WITH RITA AND MR. BELLY DRAGGER……

“Has anything changed?” asked Greg.  “I think we’ve been able to help with the pain,” Mr. Belly Dragger explained, “But it will come back if they attempt to move.”

“Rory…I’m sorry I wasn’t able to help,” Myra said, holding back a tear.  

“Don’t worry about it Myra,” Rory responded, his eyes closed. He was still awake and he felt talking with his friends could help him and Littlefoot, “I wouldn’t have wanted you to possibly get hurt too.”

“Thanks,” Myra replied, though she did still feel a bit bad.

AT SHARPTOOTH’S CAVE……

“Silo didn’t stop picking on your friend?” Sharptooth asked, even though he knew for sure what the answer would be.

“Correct,” Chomper replied somberly.  Cera then picked up where she left off.

THE PAST, CERA’S POV:

We went for a hunt after that, and Spinner even managed to catch a young longneck by himself. After lunch, we went to the waterhole.

All of the gang was swimming, except for Guido who was still out catching lunch.

“That sharpbeak does kind of stink at hunting,” Cera laughed.

“Well, that’s good news for us leafeaters,” Rory smiled. Like the old saying went, speak of the devil, because just at that moment Guido came flying towards his pals.

“Guys! Guess what I just heard!” he said excitedly.

“There’s going to be a big feast?” Littlefoot asked hopefully. “No.”  “You improved your hunting skills?” asked Cera. “No, because they’re just fine.” “You saw more swimming sharpteeth in the valley?” Ducky asked hopefully. “Nope.”

(Author’s note: These questions went on for about a minute.)

“I saw Ms. Watra earlier and she said there’s going to be a Carnivore Hunt in 2 days,” the sharpbeak explained.

“Um, but don’t carnivores hunt anyways?” Rita asked confused.  The sharpteeth laughed a little laugh.

“No, a Carnivore Hunt is a game you play on your own or in teams where you are told to go around and find certain things and bring them back to a specific place,” Chomper explained.

“I’ve heard flatteeth call it a Scavenger Hunt, which I always found odd,” Ruby added, “Because we don’t go around trying to find already dead food.”

“We should join in,” Littlefoot said. All of his other friends except Spinner agreed.

“Would you want to play Spinner?” Chomper asked. Spinner was still upset about being teased, but he did think this idea sounded interesting.

“Sure,” Spinner replied, forming a smile.

Tippy was the next to speak up. “Tippy thinks tomorrow we should have a big race from one side of the valley to another.”

Cera smirked confidently. “You guys will never be able to out run me and Ruby, fast biters, like the name suggests, are the fastest dinosaurs ever!”

“Oh, us bladebacks are also fast,” Spinner said in an attempt at a brag.

Everything seemed to be going well. But what happened the next day was really bad.

The gang gathered at Chomper’s cave, which would be the starting line for the race. “Ah, a race,” Dein said, watching his son. “A good way to test how fast you are.”

“So where do we run to?” Littlefoot asked. Ducky, Petrie, and Guido were not participating in the race, all for obvious reasons. Ducky was water bound, and Guido and Petrie weren’t runners, so it wouldn’t matter if they could go faster then the ground walkers.

Chomper, Cera, Ruby, Littlefoot, Spinner, Spike, Rita, Rory, Myra, Greg and Tippy all got ready. Terri would be the one who signaled the start of the race.

“On your mark……” the mother t-rex began “Get set………..” Everyone got in running positions. Suddenly Terri coughed. “Sorry, had some of my breakfast caught in my throat, anyways…..GO!!!!”

The running dinosaurs all set off as fast as they could.  Cera, Ruby, Chomper, and Rita were in the lead, then the belly draggers shortly behind them, with Greg, Myra, Rory, Littlefoot, and Spinner at the back of the pack.

Spike made I noise suggesting “I can do this!”  Spinner meanwhile, was turning out not be as fast as he hoped.

“Need some help?” Myra offered the bladeback friendly. “No….thanks,” panted Spinner with a grin.

I may have been in the lead of that race, but the important stuff was happening right behind me.

Since Spinner and the otheres were so concentrated on the race, no one realized (or could smell) Silo sneaking up behind the bladeback.

“GOTCHA!”  Silo laughed in his unlikeable way, grabbing Spinner. “What the?!” he cried in response. Rory and the others quickly turned around to see what Hyp’s sibling was doing.

“Hey, let go of him!” Rory yelled in sharptooth. “What are you gonna do about it huh?” Silo laughed, running off with Spinner.

“Guys, come on!” Myra yelled to the rest of the gang.  Spinner struggled to break free of Silo’s grip, but to no avail.  Silo managed to stay a short distance ahead of the kids until he reached a small cave with a boulder beside it.

“In you go!” Silo laughed, tossing Spinner into the small cave. Before Spinner could run back outside, Silo pushed the boulder in front of the cave entrance, preventing Spinner from exiting. It was now completely dark and spinner couldn’t see anything.

“LET ME OUT!!!!!!!!!!” he shrieked at the top of his lungs. But Silo had already walked off, laughing to himself in his smug, sinister way.

The gang soon saw Silo walking away. “Where’s Spinner?” panted Chomper. Then they heard his voice.

“HHHHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!!!” the young bladeback’s voice was heard calling again.

“He’s in the cave guys!” Greg realized, “We gotta move that boulder!” Indeed, the rock was too big for one young sharptooth to move alone.

“Let’s all get one side,” strategized Chomper. “Don’t worry Spinner, we’ll help you!” Spinner was too claustrophobic to reply.

“Ok…we can do this,” Littlefoot said, summoning all his muscles.

I couldn’t believe that anyone who lived in this valley could be so mean, but I guess Silo was the exception to that rule.

Rita, Rory, Cera, Ruby, Spike, Chomper, Littlefoot, Greg, and Tippy were able to move the boulder using their arms, legs, and heads. As soon as he saw sunlight again, Spinner immediately jumped out of the cave.

“Spinner, are you hurt?!” Littlefoot asked concerned. Spinner didn’t reply.

Spinner didn’t look hurt…..physically. But we could see in his eyes that this messed him up pretty badly.

The bladeback didn’t say a word, and walked off. “Please Spinner, we want to help!” Littlefoot called, but the t-rex was ignored.

“Guys, I’m concerned,” Chomper said. “Spinner looked very sad and angry.”

THE PRESENT…….

“He looked pretty angry,” agreed Petrie. Chomper nodded. He had been bulliued in both realities, but never to the level Silo picked on Spinner.

“And this is where the worst started,” Cera continued.

THE PAST………

“I hope Spinner doesn’t do anything drastic,” Greg said, wanting to help his new friend.

If we only knew at the time…….

Spinner was walking back to his family’s cave, and the way he kept muttering the same thing over and over to himself:

“I’m going to kill him……he deserves it……”

TO BE CONTINUED………..

(Read and review! I hope I ended on a good cliffhanger. These 3 chapters were inspired by a Static Shock episode, with a similar conflict.)

Next time on Sharptooth Valley II: Silo’s bullying has caused Spinner to snap. Can the gang prevent their new friend from doing something he’ll regret?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Here’s chapter 18, and the conclusion to the trilogy storyline.)

Chapter 18: Trilogy of Trauma Part 3: Chomper’s Story.

THE PRESENT, SHARPTOOTH’S CAVE…………

“So did you children see Spinner after that incident?” asked Sharptooth.

“We tried to,” Chomper replied, “A little while later we went over to his cave, but his mom told us he didn’t walk to talk to anybody.”

“We all felt bad, but we realized there was nothing we could’ve done then,” said Petrie. He slammed his claw on the ground. “If we only knew, we could have stopped all of this!”

“So what happened next?” asked Sharptooth. Chomper decided to finish off the story. “Well…….”

THE PAST, CHOMPER’S POV…………..

The next day was the Carnivore Hunt, and we still all wanted to participate in that. We went back to Spinner’s cave to see if he wanted to join us, but he was still sitting there silently. His parents said he was going to be ok, so we decided to go off to the game.

“Man, I really hate Silo,” Cera said. “Hyp told me he’s going to be gone hunting all day, so that’s somewhat of an improvement,” Ruby said.

“I hope Spinner feels better soon,” spoke up Rory, “He didn’t deserve what happened to him.

IN SPINNER’S CAVE………….

Spinner did see and was aware of the fact Silo would be gone for most of the day, and that fit perfectly into his revenge plot…….

“Hey mom, dad?” Spinner asked. “Yes son?” the mother bladeback asked. “I’m feeling better, could I go play with my friends?”

Spinner’s dad smiled, happy to see cheer up. “Of course you can,” he said. “Thanks,” Spinner smiled, giving both of his parents hugs and set off out of the cave.

The next step in his plan: He needed to find a female teenage t-rex, and ask her to tell Silo something……….

WITH THE GANG………
Ms. Watra told us the items we needed to get, and that we had to split into teams of two.

Petrie and Guido teamed up, as did Tippy and Spike, Cera and Ruby, Chomper and Littlefoot, Myra and Rory, and Rita and Greg. There were plenty of other teams too.

“When I give the starting roar, you can begin to collect the items,” Watra said. “First team to come back with all the objects I said wins! If none of the teams have returned by the time the Bright Circle goes down, all teams should meet here, and the teams with the most items will get the victory. Now……..”

She let out a roar, and everyone took off in different directions.  “What should we get first?” Myra asked Rory.

“A big treestar,” Rory said, “Greg’s probably going after that one first too, considering how hungry he always is.” The two threehorns shared a little laugh.

THE PRESENT……….

Littlefoot and Rory’s conditions had improved somewhat, and they were awake enough to have conversations with their friends.  “What happened to Silo?” asked Littlefoot.

“Hyp’s dad is so embarrassed about what happened,” Greg said in sharptooth, “I mean…humiliated. I heard he’s even going to leave the Great Valley because of this.”

“If you ask me, Silo deserved what he got because of all this,” Shorty grunted. “Shorty!” Saura said to her son. “You shouldn’t wish bad things would happen to others.”

“Really mom?” Shorty asked.  “Silo wasn’t nice to anyone except his dad who’s also mean and those girls he likes.”

“It’s still the wrong thing to do,” Saura said again. Shorty stopped talking for a bit.

“I’m just glad this is all over,” said Rory, Rita still working on his wounds. He then looked around and commented “Why haven’t Cera, Chomper, and Petrie showed up?”

“They’re telling Sharptooth about how all this happened,” Guido explained.

THE PAST…………..

Early on in the Carnivore Hunt, me and Littlefoot were doing good! We managed to get a smashed sweet bubble, a small leafeater from the Mysterious Beyond (obviously Ms. Watra let the leafeaters skip that one), and a bent stick.

Chomper and Littlefoot recalled the next object they needed to find, which was, as Watra said “A weird-shaped rock.” She made no specifications, as long as the shape was unusual.

“That can’t be too hard to find,” smiled Littlefoot.  The two sharptooth friends searched for over 15 minutes, but all the rocks they found were pretty normal in shape.

“What are we gonna do?” asked Chomper. “We could check the Secret Caverns,” Littlefoot suggested. “Good idea,” responded Chomper.

ELSE WHERE……….

Spike and Tippy were doing good, though Spike ate the small flattooth they had caught for the game, so the belly dragger duo had to do some back-tracking.

Rita and Greg were having a similar problem, and that problem was exactly what Rory predicted: Greg kept eating the tree star, even when Rita did her best to hold onto it herself.

AT THE SECRET CAVERNS…………

We were in the right place, but we didn’t expect what happened next.

Littlefoot and Chomper split up to cover two directions in attempt to find the stone they were looking for.

But on Chomper’s path, he was hearing an odd sound. “What’s that?” he asked himself. His unwelcome answer soon came: There was a cave-in!  “Whoa!” Chomper yelled, as he dashed away just in time to avoid being hit by the rocks. They blocked his path, and his way out of the caverns.

“Chomper!” Littlefoot yelled shocked. There was a barrier or rocks between the friends, but there were some tiny spaces so Chomper could hear him clearly. “Stay here! I’ll go get help!”

“Like I could go anywhere,” Chomper silently laughed.

I wasn’t worried about being stuck behind those rocks, I knew help would come soon. But what happened next caused me to worry.

Meanwhile, Spinner had asked a girl t-rex named Nikita to tell Silo to go to this small canyon after he got back from his hunt. Nikita, being friendly, agreed to do so, though she had no idea of what was about to happen.

Chomper waited for a few moments, tossing a rock up and down when he heard footsteps inside the Secret Caverns. “Phew, glad to see you guys,” he said, but then he noticed it sounded like only 1 pair of footsteps.  

“He’s gonna pay….” He heard a voice mutter. He soon realized it was Spinner’s! Chomper listened in. “I’m gonna make him pay. When he goes into that canyon, I’m gonna trap him there and crush him with a rock from the top of it! I’m gonna make sure he’s never mean to me or anyone else ever again!”

Chomper looked shocked at what he had just heard. “Spinner wait!” he called, but Spinner had already walked down the path Littlefoot meant to take during the Carnivore Hunt, and couldn’t hear Chomper behind the rocks.

“This is bad, this is so bad,” the purple sharptooth kept repeating to himself. Soon, he heard Littlefoot return with Mr. Belly Dragger, Rory, Myra, Cera, Ruby, Rita, Greg, and even Shorty.

“Don’t worry Chomper, will have you freed shortly,” Mr. Belly Dragger called. “Hurry!!” Chomper called.

Everyone assumed Chomper only yelled that because he didn’t like being stuck between rocks and the tight cave walls, but they would soon learn that that was not the case.

“Come on, come on!” Chomper called. Mr. Belly Dragger and the kids were working as fast as they could.

“We’re almost there Chomper,” Ruby called to her boyfriend. Soon, the group managed to push away the last rock, and Chomper was free again.

“Come on, we gotta go!” he called. “Chomper, what’s going on?” Rita asked puzzled. “We have to stop Spinner!” he said. “What are you talking about?” Cera called.

“Spinner’s planning to kill Silo!” Chomper yelled.  “WHAT?!!!!!” everyone screamed, following him.

“Yeah, I heard him come in, and I heard him say he’s going to trap Silo somewhere, and drop a big rock on him!”

“Spinner wouldn’t…..” Rita said, refusing to believe her new friend would go to such drastic and extreme measures just because of a bully.

“He should be going this way, follow me!” ordered Chomper.

IN THE CANYON………..

Silo walked to where Nikita told him, but he wondered why she wasn’t there. “Was this all just a joke?” he grumbled to himself.

Suddenly, a bunch of logs fell down from the cliffside and blocked the way back to the main portion of the GV. “What the?” he said confused, then looked up and noticed Spinner standing at the top of the ledge.

“Why, if it isn’t my all-time favorite victim?” Silo laughed, unaware of Spinner’s intentions. “Come back for more?”

“In a way,” Spinner replied with a hateful tone. “What are you gonna do? Cry?” Silo mocked.

“No,” Spinner said, stepping aside. Now the space Silo was stuck in was only slightly bigger than he was. Spinner soon came back into view……….pushing a big boulder.

Silo’s smug confidence quickly faded away.

“What’s that for?” he asked. “It’s for killing you,” Spinner replied. Silo looked horrified. “That’s not funny!” he called.

“Believe me, I know what’s not funny,” the bladeback called.  “All those names weren’t funny, trapping me in that dark cave was really not funny!”

“Spinner, I’m sorry….” Silo apologized, fearing for his life. He wouldn’t be able to break through the logs quickly enough.

“No you’re not!” Spinner yelled angrily. “You’re just a meanie liar, if I let you go, you’ll just keep being a bully! You’ll never change!” He began to push the boulder towards the edge.  It was about a 3-story drop, the impact would surely kill Hyp’s brother.

“Spinner stop!” Ruby’s voice was heard yelling. Mr. Belly Dragger had went to see if he could break through the logs in time.

“Why shouldn’t I?” Spinner asked. “He isn’t worth it,” Greg called. “I know he was mean now, but soon, he’ll leave the valley and you can put this all behind you. Don’t screw your entire life because of this!”

Everyone stood still, they didn’t want to make a sudden move that would cause the giant rock to fall accidentally. Spinner kept slowly pushing the rock, but a part of him felt his friends were right, but the bigger part of him was the one that still desired revenge.

If anyone was looking closely enough, they could see Silo was scared enough to the point he was starting to cry.

I didn’t know what was going to happen, the moment was too intense.

“We have to move that rock before he can drop it,” Rory whispered to Littlefoot. They were currently not in Spinner’s view, and the boulder was about two feet away from the edge, so they’d have some distance to push it back in case Spinner gave in to his anger.

The sharptooth and threehorn quickly hurried over behind the rock, Spinner not seeing them. Littlefoot and Rory got ready to push, as Spinner kept pushing it toward the edge.

“Spinner wait” called Littlefoot. Spinner was caught off-guard by voices appearing behind him (He was pushing the boulder backwards) that he let out a powerful jump backwards…causing the rock to knock Rory and Littlefoot off the edge!

“AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!” they screamed as they fell and hit the ground hard. Just then, Mr. Belly Dragger managed to bust through the logs, and could see the two hurt kids.

Chomper and the others looked horrified at what they just witnessed transpire.  Silo meanwhile, just stood still, for the first time in his life he had lost his cool.

“No….no….this wasn’t supposed to…happen,” Spinner said, beginning to cry because of what he just caused.

THE PRESENT……….

“And that’s pretty much it,” Chomper finally concluded.

“Thank you children,” Sharptooth said. “You can go now, I’m sure you want to see how your friends are doing.” “Thank you sir,” said Cera, and the 3 young carnivores walked out.

WITH THE OTHERS………

“Good to see you guys,” Littlefoot smiled.  “Are you getting any better?” Chomper asked.

“They’ve began a recovery, but they won’t be able to walk for a while,” Rita explained.  “That sucks,” said Cera.

“So what happened to Silo and Spinner?” Rory asked, hoping these 3 might know more details.

“Spinner……well, he and his family are going to go find someone who can help with his anger,” Petrie said.

“Strut would’ve been a good help,” Myra remembered. “And Silo, you may have heard, he and Hyp’s dad just left the Valley, I don’t think they’re ever gonna come back,” Cera continued.
“What about Hyp?” asked Littlefoot. “Hyp decided not to go with them, but I think they didn’t care,” Chomper said. “Hyp’s moved in with Mutt’s family.”

“At least….for the most part, this is all over,” Littlefoot said.

(There you go, Read and Review! Seriously, reviews and comments are appreciated greatly.)

Next time on Sharptooth Valley II: Chomper uses the magic stone to return to the past reality again. While there, he, along with Rita, Rory, Myra, and Greg discover something about Redclaw they never would’ve guessed.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'll review Sharptooth Valley II when I get a chance later this week... I know you would appreciate it :)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Here’s chapter 19! Hope you enjoy it! It contains (what I hope is) a shocking twist at the end of it!)

Chapter 19: Redclaw’s Revelation.

The whole incident with Spinner pretty much preoccupied the gang’s minds in the days right after the incident.  Littlefoot and Rory were still unable to move, so Littlefoot’s family hunted his food for him while Rita, Myra, and Greg got treestars and the like for Rory.

A few nights later, after Dein and Terri had gone to sleep, Chomper snuck out to meet Mage again.

The rainbow face spirit was waiting in his usual place for the little biter to arrive.  “Hello Chomper,” Mage said as he approached. “How have your friends been doing?”

“Rory and Littlefoot are feeling better,” Chomper began to explain, “But they still won’t be able to move for a few weeks.”  “That’s good,” Mage replied. “So why’d you come to see me tonight.”

“It’s because I’m going to use the rock again,” Chomper continued, revealing that he was holding it in his claw.

“Understood,” replied Mage. “But I’m just wondering: Do you have a particular reason for wanting to use it again? Have the bad sleep stories started again?” “Nope, I just feel this can calm me down,” the sharptooth explained.

“You still feel bad about your friend Spinner?” Mage asked. Chomper nodded yes in response.

“Then I won’t attempt to stop you,” Mage nodded to his friend. “Thanks,” Chomper smiled, as he picked up the magical rock and began to focus on the previous reality. As he mind thought of only that, it occurred.

WARP.

Chomper was shot like a bullet from the wish-created reality to the original reality. He had a somewhat uncomfortable landing near his old home in the Mysterious Beyond.

“Oomph!” he grunted as he hit the ground. “Almost lost my dinner.”  He then went to his family’s cave and fell asleep.

THE NEXT MORNING………..

Chomper quickly said good morning to his parents, then set out to join his friends.
“He’s getting more mature pretty quickly eh?” Terri sighed to Dein with a tone of mixed feelings.

“I know,” Dein replied, “But we all do eventually. We should enjoy the times when Chomper’s still young while we can.”

“You’re right,” Terri said, forming a bit of a smile.

Chomper quickly caught up with Rory, Rita, and Myra. (Their original sharptooth forms, of course.)  “We were just about to hunt for breakfast Chomper, care to join us?” asked Rita.

“Of course, guys!” Chomper grinned.  “I’m hungry for swimmers,” Rory said. Everyone nodded in agreement with this. Swimmer was one of the easiest kinds of prey to catch.

“Let’s just hope Redclaw doesn’t see us,” Myra whispered as they took off.

DOWN BY THE RIVER……….

A familiar young belly dragger was trying to catch some food by himself when the 4 other young sharpteeth arrived.

“Darn it,” muttered Greg, who was trying to catch a simple fish by himself. He attempted to grab one when it jumped out of the water, but he missed.

“Need some help?” Chomper offered as they approached him.  “Thanks….whoever you are,” Dil’s son replied.

“I’m Chomper,” Chomper introduced. Rita, Myra, and Rory then introduced themselves after that.

“I’m Greg, nice to meet you,” Greg replied.  “We were just going to hunt some swimmers,” Rory explained.

“Swimmers are my folks’ favorite, they are easy to catch even with my mom’s bad eyesight.”  

“Your mom has seeing problems? That sucks,” responded Rory. “I guess,” Greg nodded.  The 5 friends continued their hunt, but a short distance into it, they heard a noise.

It was footsteps. Heavy footsteps.  “You don’t think….” Whispered Myra. Chomper, Myra, Greg, Rita, and Rory then dove into some nearby bushes.

Just as the clue had signified, Redclaw was nearby, followed by Screech and Thud.  (Author’s note: Unlike the previous reality, Screech and Thud are still alive in this reality.)

“Everybody stay quiet,” Chomper instructed silently.  Sure enough, the gigantic t-rex and the two fast biters soon were within seeing distance, and were only getting closer!

The 5 preteen sharpteeth stayed as silent as a crawler as the trio walked by them. Redclaw paused and sniffed the air for a moment, then he, Thud, and Screech kept walking.

After a few more minutes of waiting for safe measure, the gang got out of the pushes. “That was close,” Rory said, still nervous about the close encounter.

“Let’s head back,” Myra commented, “We can easily find something to eat along the way.”

“Gotcha,” the others agreed, and they headed in the reverse direction of where they started. But something about this didn’t seem right to Chomper…….

LATER THAT DAY………

Dein and Terri were hanging out with Ichy and Dil. Turns out the 4 were old friends, and they (Chomper’s folks) already knew about Greg.

The 5 younger sharpteeth were playing together in a small waterhole they had found.  “Splash attack!” called Rory using his claw to cause a small wave of water to hit Chomper head-on. “I’ll get you back for that!” Chomper laughed, doing the same thing in return.

Greg was showing Rita and Myra ways to hunt food underwater, but since they, being a rex and a fast biter, weren’t as good at in-water hunting as belly draggers, they had a hard time mastering the technique.

“Yeah, Greg’s real father went away after Dil laid the egg,” Ichy explained.  “Well, at least you’re there for him,” Terri replied.

“That’s the weird part,” the sharpbeak said, “Since we never got around to telling him about that, he thinks I actually am his dad!”

The two grownup sharpteeth laughed at that comment. “You still have that same sense of humor you did when we were kids,” Dein chuckled.

“Actually, I was serious,” Ichy replied. Dein now looked legitimately surprised.

Meanwhile, after Chomper and Rory’s little water war was over, Chomper continued thinking about Redclaw’s actions form earlier.

Rita noticed Chomper was clearly bothered by someone, so she got up out of the water and followed him.

“Chomper, are you ok?” she asked, “You’ve been acting odd since we saw Redclaw earlier.”
“It’s odd Rita,” Chomper began, “I’ve seen Redclaw in action before, there’s no way he couldn’t have smelt us in those bushes, he must’ve walked by us on purpose.”

“But why?” asked Rita. “I don’t know,” responded Chomper, but suddenly, an idea appeared in his head.

“Rita, meet me later tonight,” he said to the blue female sharptooth. “Gotcha,” Rita replied, but she didn’t know what Chomper was thinking then.

LATER THAT EVENING………..

Rory, Myra, and Greg were back with their families and they were sleeping peacefully, as were Chomper’s parents.  Rita came out of the cave to see Chomper standing with Ichy.

“Why’s he here?” Rita asked puzzled. “We’re gonna need some eyes,” Chomper explained.

Ichy sighed, a bit annoyed. “I only came because he promised to tell me where I could find a herd of longnecks if he helped,” he added.

“So what exactly is your plan Chomper?” Rita asked.  “We’re gonna follow Redclaw,” Chomper said confidently.

“Are you crazy?!” Rita screamed, luckily not loud enough to wake up Dein and Terri.  “He might try to kill or eat us.”

“But that’s the point,” Chomper replied, “He’s had the chance to in the past and he hasn’t taken it. We have to figure out why.”

“Well….ok,” Rita finally agreed. “But we’ll have to sniff him out first.”

“Way ahead of you,” Chomper said, sniffing the air.  “Redclaw’s trail is hard to forget.”  Sure enough, the purple sharptooth’s sniffer soon picked it up..

“He’s gone in that direction,” Chomper pointed, and the trio took off.

Along the way, Rita and Ichy had a little chat. “So, you’re adopted son is nice,” she said. “Thanks,” Ichy replied, “I’ll admit….he helps me and Dil get along better.”

Chomper smiled, overhearing this conversation. This was the first time he had met the original, pre-wish, belly dragger form of Greg, and he still was the fun dinosaur to hang out with he was after Chomper’s wish.

After a few more minutes of trekking, Redclaw’s scent became extremely strong. “He’s close by,” Chomper whispered to Ichy and Rita.  Indeed, all 3 of them looked forward and could see him in the distance.

“There he is!” Ichy said, but Rita shut his beak so they wouldn’t attract the mighty t-rex’s attention. “Sorry,” he whispered.

Redclaw had moved out of their sight again, and the group continued to follow him. Currently, they were walking through a massive field of flowers.

“Pretty,” Rita commented, looking at all the plants that surrounded them. Albeit, some of them had been squashed when Redclaw must’ve walked on them, but a certain spot on the field piqued their curiosity.

There was a spot around the middle of the flower field where the flowers had been clearly ripped out of the ground.  “I wonder what’s up with this,” Rita said, looking at the fresh dirt.

“You don’t think Redclaw could’ve taken those flowers,” Chomper said sarcastically.  “Yeah, you have a point,” Rita replied. But it still bothered them..

A FEW MINUTES LATER……

The trio had lost sight of Redclaw again as they followed his trail into a canyon.  “Ichy, fly up and tell us if you can see him,” Chomper asked.

Ichy nodded, not wanting to do extra work, but did so anyways.  He managed to see the top of Redclaw’s head. “He’s heading east,” the sharpbeak called.  Rita and Chomper appreciated this info and began running in this direction.

However, along the way, Rita began to receive some weird feelings.  “What’s wrong?” Chomper asked.

“I dunno…..” Rita began to reply, “It’s just that this place seems…….familiar, somehow. It’s like I’m sure I’ve been here before…..”

“Well, that’s weird,” Chomper said. Soon, they managed to catch up with Redclaw as he exited the canyon.

“How long will this go on?” Ichy yawned, “I want to go to sleep soon.”  “He’ll have to stop sooner or later,” Chomper commented.

Indeed, the group was nearing the end of their journey as Redclaw soon came to a stop and turned to face something.

“What’s he looking at?” asked Rita.

“I can’t tell,” Chomper said in response, then signaled for Ichy to fly upwards again.  Ichy agreed, though he was really bored by now.  When he managed to get a good view, what he saw surprised him.

“It looks like….a pile of bones,” he revealed. “Really?” the young sharpteeth asked surprised. They took a few steps forward to get a closer look, and what they saw shocked them even more!

There, slowly but surely, a tear was forming in Redclaw’s eye! He clearly wasn’t in pain, so this had to be a tear of sadness.

“What’s going on?” Chomper whispered to Rita. Suddenly, they saw Redclaw’s feet move and quickly jumped back into hiding. They waited for a few minutes until they were sure he was out of the area.

Atfe rthat, Chomper, Rita, and Ichy walked over to the bones Redclaw stood at. Indeed, they saw the bones of a grown sharptooth that had been killed long ago.

“Who could this be?” asked Chomper, then he noticed some flowers had been dropped onto the bones.

“So he did take the plants,” commented Ichy. “So what do you think about this Rita?” asked Chomper. Rita didn’t reply.

They turned to face her, and they saw that she was completely speechless, and looking shocked.

“What’s wrong?” Chomper asked concerned. After about 30 seconds, Rita finally responded

“I remember now………these bones……they’re my mom’s! This is where my mother died!”

Chomper couldn’t believe it!  Where they were standing was the place where Rita’s mother was killed long ago?! But then what was Redclaw doing there?

But then, a hypothesis began to form in Chomper and Rita’s heads.  It sounded crazy, but after what they just learned, it was the only theory that made any shred of sense.

Both of the sharpteeth kept thinking to themselves this couldn’t be the truth, but it seemed like it had to be it.

“Rita……you don’t think…” Chomper began.

“That Redclaw’s my father?” Rita finished for him.

(Read and Review! Hope the twist at the end surprised you guys! Comments are always encouraged, as usual.)

Next time on Sharptooth Valley II: While Rita copes with her recent discovery, Chomper runs into the old versions of Littlefoot and the others! (Yes, they’ll be back next chapter!)

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
My review was finished but thanks to the absurd posting system I lost the entire thing when I clicked post and the internet was not up.

I`ll have to retype the entire thing, so it may be delayed.

Caustizer.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That sucks.  :bang  Can't wait to see it, tough. I'm sure it will be good.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
This is my complete review for Sharptooth Valley II.

As per my usual method it is split into three sections; Questions, Comments and Qualms. Questions are things I want to know about the story or events in it, Comments are things I liked about the story, and Qualms are things I didn’t like about the story.

Note: The Qualms section can be quite piercing, but it does not mean I’m putting down the author or the story. Simply put, they are required to give a well balanced review.

Questions:

1. Why is Mage hiding himself from the rest of the Great Valley? Is he like a genie who only exists for Chomper?

2. Who are Rory, Rita, and Myra and where did they come from?

3. Why is Sharptooth not a longneck? Wouldn’t the dual nature of Chomper’s reality change his form as well?

4. Why is Ichy considered Greg’s father when he and Dill have never got along? What happened to his real father?

5. Why did Mage lose his ability to use stronger magic, or rather why is he using it to benefit only Chomper?

Comments:

1. Everyone is On Character

One thing I’ve noticed that you have done really well is keeping all characters – even the minor ones – very on character with how they speak in the movies and TV series. Tippy talks with her first name always coming first, Ruby speaks redundant sentences, and Ducky ends with her signature repetition. Good job!

2. Chomper is the Main Character for Once

Most Land Before Time stories are about Littlefoot, or at least the young longneck plays a very key role in the plot line. It’s very refreshing to have Chomper in charge for once, and we also get the opportunity to learn his view on being a son of the mysterious beyond and a sharptooth amongst leaf-eaters.

3. Good Character Development is Occurring

I noticed that many characters who we know and love are forced out of their comfort zone and act in ways that they previously never would – kind of like Hyp sticking up for the gang when his brother came home and started picking on them. I would really like to see some similar development in Cera, Littlefoot, and the rest of the gang; for example, forcing Cera to shallow her pride for her own good or having Littlefoot do something evil because its good for everyone.  Keep up the good work.

4. Sharptooth and Flattooth Valleys Provide Good Contrast

Having the odds of nature switched around for both the “good guys” and the “bad guys” really brings to light how much being a sharptooth or a leaf-eater makes a difference to how good or bad you are perceived to be.  A good example here is Redclaw, now called Redfoot. Now he has gone from a vicious villain to a simple loner who is a hero to the rest of the leaf-eaters. This runs a parallel with the lone dinosaur, who would be a dangerous enemy in this new reality.  It could lead to some very funny moments when familiar characters run into things that did in the old reality… but don’t make sense to do now.  For example, how Ruby’s favourite food is sweet bubbles.

Qualms:

1. Skipping Around

This almost kills the story. Skipping around so much under all caps titles doesn’t allow the reader enough time to take in the scene and is annoying when it is done up to 8 times in the same chapter. A good chapter tells one scene from beginning to end before switching to the next one, which allows the reader enough time to mentally switch from one setting to another.  Only do this a maximum of 3 times a chapter, maybe 4 times for a long one and you will find people will be able to follow your story a lot easier.

2. No Setting Description

I noticed that in your entire story you only really describe the actions of your characters, without bothering to include describing where they are. It may be clear in your head when you’re writing but for us readers it’s difficult to imagine a scene without the proper amount of description. An example in the story where this became evident was when Ducky stated that she couldn’t help Cera’s sister swim because “the weather is too bad” but you hadn’t told the readers what the weather was even like before hand.  It would definitely improve your writing if you gave a brief description of the setting before proceeding with the scene.  In come cases simple settings such as “Saurus Rock” could be appropriate without additional description, but remember to use your judgement here.

3. Naming Convention + Too Many Characters = Confusing

You did a good job in renaming some of the great valley characters to better suit their new species but in the process you created needless confusion about who the characters actually were. A good example is Cera’s parents, whose names changed to Veli and Cira while her name remained the same.  In this case it would have been a better idea to keep the names as is, so we know who they are without having to re-read lines.  Having a gang of nine is nice for the purposes of including some of the minor characters from the films, but it also degrades the value of the Gang of Five in the first place.  Guido and Tippy don’t do enough with them to be considered members, in my opinion. It’s generally a good idea when you write to stick the amount of OCs you introduce to a low until you have ample time to characterize them and give them a role within the story, otherwise they tend to meld in with the crowd and the readers don’t care about them. That’s my two cents.

4. Author’s Annotations

A key thing to remember here is to not overdo it with annotations, especially if they are in the story as opposed to outside of it on a different page.  Multiple times while reading I couldn’t help but feel that you were spoiling the story by not only adding things like “Don’t worry none of them get hurt” in a scary scene or by saying exactly what’s going to happen in the next chapter before it actually happens. I learned the hard way about annotating in “Rise of Storm Tide” where I summarized the story on the second post – only to have people not care to read it because of this.  If there is something important that you absolutely must say, then say it at the end of the chapter as a separate thing rather then dotting your chapters with distracting side notes.

Once again I would like to stress that the purpose of the Qualms is not to offend, but to provide meaningful criticism to improve your writing style.

Overall I believe you are on the right track with this story to creating an enjoyable read, with just a few minor adjustments in how you present it you may find that it will receive a lot more regular reviews then it does now.

Caustizer.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Here’s the 20th chapter, hope you guys like it!)

Chapter 20: Back to the Great Valley.

Chomper, Rita, and Ichy made their way back to their homes, Rita still in disbelief about what they had just uncovered. Though, there was a part of her that knew their recent discovery had to be the truth.

“Redclaw’s my dad?” she kept repeating to herself. “It would make sense,” Chomper added, looking straight ahead. “I mean, why else would Redclaw stop going after me? Because you’re tith me, he wouldn’t want to hurt his daughter’s friends.”

“But why wouldn’t he just come to me and tell me I’m his daughter?” Rita asked.

It was Ichy who spoke up next. “I may be wrong,” the sharpbeak commented, “But maybe since he knows how much he’s disliked, he wouldn’t want his kid to have the same reputation.”

“That makes sense….” Agreed Rita. In her mind, she was planning something: the next time they would see Redclaw, she’d confront him directly and ask him to confirm this fact.

“Well, we’re here,” Chomper pointed out as they arrived back at their cave. “Good night Ichy, thanks for your help.”  “Don’t mention it kid,” Ichy nodded, and flew back to his home.

Rita and Chomper sneaked back into the family’s cave silently. Dein and Terri were known for being deep sleepers (Terri was also known for having a problem with drooling in her sleep, so it’s been advised to avoid being near her maw when she’s snoozing), so they didn’t notice that the young rexes took a little expedition that night.

“We made it back just in time too,” Rita whispered, looking up at the sky. “There’s some sky water starting to fall.”

Chomper turned just in time to see a flash of lightning. “And it looks like a really bad storm too,” he agreed.  Chomper went over to begin sleeping, but he noticed Rita just sitting by the cave’s exit, watching the sky water.

“I don’t think I’ll get any sleep tonight,” she called to Chomper, who without looking she just knew was watching her.

“Rita…..” Chomper began, but he couldn’t think of a conclusion to the sentence. With a dash of regret, he went off to sleep.

Rita ended up spending almost the entire remainder of the night sitting perfectly still, watching the rain.

SEVERAL MILES AWAY……..

A mother sharptooth, about her mid-30’s in human years, was dashing through the massive sky water storm followed by her 2 younger children, 1 boy and 1 girl.

“Hurry children!” she called to them. They needed to find a place where they wouldn’t get soaked, but there were no caves in sight. The sky water was falling faster and harder, and the open ground wasn’t exactly a good place to sleep on.

Eventually, the male child noticed an opening in the distance. “Over there mommy!” he pointed. The mother t-rex was relieved to see a place that could block out the rain. But there was one thing they did not notice about that cave:

It was a cave in what was a MASSIVE wall that stretched for miles. On the other side of the wall lived many dinosaurs of many types on one side of the food chain lived.  Any ideas what this place might be? I’ll give you a moment to think about it.

ONE MOMENT LATER…..

Time’s up! If you guessed the Great Valley, you are correct!! Inside the (original reality version of course) Great Valley, all of the flatteeth were taking cover from the storm.

Ruby was appreciative of her home in the Secret Caverns, they provided ample protection. But it was lonely without Chomper around. “I hope he’s ok out in the Mysterious Beyond,” she would say multiple times to herself.

In another part of the secret caverns, the small family of sharpteeth were staying for just the night. “Mommy it’s cold in here,” the daughter said.

“At least it’s better than being out there in that sky water storm,” the mother replied, relieved to know her family wouldn’t catch colds over the night.

But as they would soon learn, the weather would only be number two on their list of concerns…..

The sky water eventually let up during the night and the rain was gone by morning. But the small family of sharpteeth was in for a rude awakening.

The mother sharptooth’s eyes slowly opened up after a peaceful night’s sleep. The grownup’s vision was not 100 percent clear, but when she was fully awake, she saw something that shocked her: Standing a few feet away was an adult threehorn! It was a male, and a mixture of black and gray in color.

“A sharptooth!!” Topsy called to the other leafeaters in the cave. The mother t-rex quickly shot to her feet and dashed over to her children.  They woke up with a start, and were equally horrified to see the threehorn.

Of course, Topsy and the family of t-rexes didn’t know the language of the other species, so communication was all but impossible. Actually, maybe it WAS impossible.

They quickly turned and ran out into the Mysterious Beyond. Topsy intended to chase after them, but felt it wasn’t worth the effort.

Another threehorn came running up. “What was a sharptooth doing here?!” he panted. “Obviously some cowardly attempt to sneak in here and try and make a meal of us,” Topsy grunted.  Ever since the Days of Rising Waters happened, multiple holes had appeared throughout the walls of the Great Valley. Some of the grownups formed a patrol team to make sure no carnivores attempted to enter the valley.

WITH CHOMPER……….

Chomper awoke to see that Rita was no longer in the cave. “She’s already with the others son,” Terri explained. “Thanks mom,” Chomper nodded as he ran out to join her.

He eventually found her talking to Rory, Myra, and Greg, and they all had their eyes and mouths wide open in shock. Chomper knew what this meant. She told them.

“But how can that be?” Rory asked.

“The clues fit together,” Rita replied. “That’s why we’re going to find him today.  Redclaw’s morning hunting areas are well-known, so he won’t be hard to find.”

“Are you sure this a good idea?” Myra asked. Rita nodded “yes” in response.  She heard Chomper’s footsteps, and turned to face him.

“Glad to see you’re awake Chomper,” Rita grinned. “We’re going Redclaw hunting again.”

“I don’t think we should rush into this Rita…” Chomper started to say, but he could see how upset Rita was about this.

“Guys, for a long time now, I never knew my father was! This is the best lead I’ve ever gotten, and I want to know for sure as soon as I can!”  she had a dash of anger in her voice.

Chomper, Myra, Rory, and Greg looked at Rita, then at each other. They knew she wouldn’t wait, and even if they said no, she’d still go by herself.

“Ok Rita,” Greg began, “We’ll go with you,” Chomper concluded.
“Thanks guys,” Rita smiled appreciatively, “You’re great friends.”

After Chomper, Rory, Myra, and Greg told their folks they were going to go hunt for breakfast, and they set off to find Redclaw.

A SHORT DISTANCE AWAY………

A longneck, a threehorn, a spiketail, a swimmer, and a flyer (Sound familiar?) were walking through the Mysterious Beyond because they wanted to get a Star Day present for Littlefoot’s grandfather. (And let’s face it, the Land Before Time franchise just wouldn’t quite be the same if the gang wasn’t going into potentially dangerous scenarios.)

“I remember why the tree Grandpa said he and Grandma is,” Littlefoot recalled, leading his friends. “I think it’d be cool to get him a treestar from that very tree.”

“Do we really have to go this way?” Cera asked. “Redclaw might be around.”

“I thought threehorns weren’t afraid of anything Cera,” Ruby replied with a smug little smile “Anything didn’t make threehorns afraid.”

“I know that,” Cera replied confidently. “I’m just looking out for you guys, that’s all.”

Everyone let out a little laugh. Spike made a noise that suggested “That’s the Cera we know and love.”

As the Gang of Six kept walking, Ducky suddenly nearly tripped. Petrie managed to stop her from falling just in time. “Thanks Petrie, that might’ve been bad, it might’ve, it might’ve.”

Petrie blushed. “Me glad you didn’t get hurt Ducky,” the flyer smiled. Unlike Petrie’s sharptooth version in the other reality, the original Petrie still suffered from the bad grammar diseases. (In the words of Ralph Wiggum from The Simpsons, “Me fail English? That’s unpossible!” )  What no one noticed was that what Ducky nearly tripped on was the edge of a foot print from a big and easily recognized predator….

WITH CHOMPER’S GANG………

The 5 sharpteeth were using their sniffers. “Anyone got Redclaw’s trail?” asked Rita.
“Give me a sec,” Rory said, needing to focus. The fast biter concentrated as he sniffed the air, when he finally caught it. “Got it!” he smiled.

“Which way?” asked Rita. “That way,” Rory pointed. “I think near the Great Valley.”  Chomper thought back to long ago when he lived in the Great Valley, and by that, the original Great Valley before his wish. It was an awkward experience knowing that a lot of the inhabitants either despised him or didn’t want anything to do with him.

True, he befriended a lot of them, but he could tell that even shortly before he left there were some who didn’t like him. He could see it in their eyes.

“Something wrong Chomp?” Greg asked, noticing the purple sharptooth had stopped for a moment. “Oh, nothing,” Chomper replied, and kept up with the rest of his friends.  (AUTHOR’S NOTE: “Chomp” is Greg’s little nickname for Chomper.)

Eventually, they managed to find Redclaw, Screech, and Thud.  They had just finished taking down a grown spiketail with ease, and were devouring their breakfast.

Rory, Chomper, Rita, Greg, and Myra hid a short distance away from the trio of powerful carnivores. “I’m gonna do this by myself,” Rita told her friends. “Only come to help if they try to hurt me.”

“But Rita…” Chomper tried to say, but the blue rex didn’t want to elaborate more. She silently slipped out of their hiding place and began walking towards the 3 grownups.

“You hear something boss?” Thud asked, being able to make out the noise of Rita’s footsteps. “Yeah, I think I do,” Redclaw replied, then turned to face Rita. He began to get a surprised look on his face, but wanted to hide it form his comrades.

“What are you doing here little biter?” he said, in a loud and only pretending-to-be-fierce tone.  “I saw you last night,” Rita said, staring Redclaw in the face.  

“What are you talking about?” Redclaw asked. Screech and Thud were beginning to get confused by their boss’s actions. Why didn’t he just simply chase this kid away?

“You were by my mom’s grave crying,” she said. Thud did his best to hold him a chuckle. Redclaw, out of all the sharpteeth he knew, was crying?!

“And I know you’re my dad,” she finally concluded. Redclaw couldn’t think of something to say to deny this. Now Thud and Screech looked shocked. “This girl’s your kid boss?” Screech asked, in an almost-amused tone.

Redclaw stayed quiet for a few more seconds, then he finally let out a big sigh. He was in a corner that even he, the Mighty and Powerful Redclaw couldn’t get himself out of. “Yes Rita, I’m your dad,” he said. “Long ago, I mated with your mother Julie and she laid your egg shortly after.”  

Rita was glad it was finally confirmed, but she was still upset. “WHY DID YOU NEVER TELL ME?!” she roared angrily. “DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT’S IT LIKE TO NOT KNOW WHO YOUR DAD IS?!!!”

Redclaw now felt like crap.  “There’s no justification for what I did,” Redclaw admitted, “But back then, I was still one of the most unliked sharpteeth in the area. Except for Screech and Thud, your mother was one of the few who cared about me. If word got out that I had a kid, they would hate you without even taking the time to get to know you.”

“Wow boss….that’s….deep,” Screech admitted sincerely.  Chomper and the others came out from their hiding spot. They never knew it until today, but Redclaw actually was a loving and caring t-rex. He just did a good job at hiding that.

“Um…Mr. Redclaw sir?” Rory said. “We’re Rita’s friends.” “I know,” Redclaw admitted. “After I saw you with her I couldn’t do anything to you or your families.”

“That’s why you didn’t hunt us even though you had to have known where we were yesterday?” Chomper asked. Redclaw nodded yes.  Chomper let out a smile.

Just a few feet away from them, no one noticed, was that a certain threehorn was watching them. She quickly dashed away before anyone could see her.

Littlefoot and the others had split up in an attempt to find the special tree faster, and they all ended up unsuccessful in their efforts.

They were gathered by a small tree that was separate from the rest of the trees in the area. The remaining 5 of the gang were already there when they saw Cera run up panicked.

“Guys! Guys!” she panted, almost out of breath. “What is it Cera?” Littlefoot asked concerned.

“I just saw Chomper!” Cera replied. Everyone looked surprised. “Was he ok?” Ruby asked. “That’s the weird part,” Cera responded, “He looked happy and all, but he was with Redclaw! He’s fraternizing with the enemy!”

“No way,” Petrie said. “That unpossible.”  “Something most be going on,” Littlefoot said. If they only knew what the sharpteeth had just learned, they wouldn’t be that shocked.

(Read and Review! I hope you guys enjoyed the return of the old versions of the characters!)

Next time on Sharptooth Valley II: Chomper returns to the sharptooth reality now that the Redclaw issue is settled.  Cera ends up playing detective again when one of the Valley inhabitants gets a nasty bump on the head. The good news: There’s only 1 suspect. The bad news: his alibi is perfect.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Here’s chapter 21, and another 2-part mystery story!)

Chapter 21: The Return of Inspector Cera Part 1

Rita was still overjoyed she had a parent again. Dein, Terri, Ichy, Dil, as well as Rory and Myra’s parents also learned of this news later that day.

“Who’d a thunk it?” Ichy laughed. “That tough old Redclaw has a soft spot.” Redclaw let out a little chuckle then bent over and looked Ichy right in the eye.

“I can still crush you with a stomp of my foot,” the powerful t-rex said with a smile. “I”ll shut up now,” Ichy added.

Screech and Thud were the next ones to speak up. “Please don’t tell anyone else about this,” Thud said, “It’ll ruin Boss’s image.”

“Don’t worry, we won’t,” nodded Chomper. Redclaw turned to his daughter again. “Promise to see me soon?” asked Rita.

“I will,” Redclaw said, giving her a nuzzle. “And I’ll bring you back something good to eat, too!”  “Thanks,” the little blue sharptooth replied.

Chomper and the others waved “Goodbye” as Redclaw, Thud, and Screech took off in another direction in the Mysterious Beyond.  “I think our Redclaw troubles are over with,” said Rory.

LATER THAT NIGHT………

Chomper, Rory, Myra, Greg, and Rita were having dinner together; a clubtail they had caught.  After eating his portion of it, Greg let out a big burp.

“Impressive,” Rory smirked.  Myra and Rita just looked at each other and sighed. “What is it with boys and belches?” Myra asked.

“I don’t think we’ll ever know,” Rita responded.  At this point, Chomper was finishing up his share of the meat. Looking back at the past couple of days, he had thought about they had accomplished.  Rita knew of blood relatives again, and it was discovered that Redclaw wasn’t so bad after all.

He felt it would be ok if he went back to the sharptooth reality now. “See you guys soon,” Chomper waved as he went to go find the warping rock.

“Where’s he going?” Rory asked, a bit confused. “I don’t know,” replied Greg. “Are you gonna finish your portion of the clubtail?”

“Of course I will,” Rory replied.

Elsewhere, Chomper had found where he left the rock and picked it up. “Here we go again,” he smiled to himself and concentrated on the other reality. Soon, the magic started kicking in.  

WARP.

Chomper was more prepared for the dimensional trip this time around, and when he returned to the universe created by his wish he managed to make a perefect, 3 point-landing on his feet.

“How’d it go?” asked Mage, who, due to the effects using the stone has, had been waiting for about only 1 second.

“Great!” the purple sharptooth grinned. “Turns out Redclaw/Redfoot is Rita’s dad.”  This surprised Mage. “Are you gonna tell her that here?”

Chomper thought about that for a moment. “I don’t know,” he figured, “Maybe her mom, since she’s still alive in this reality, will tell her when they see each other again……but what if she doesn’t know? Maybe Redfoot and her only were seeing each other briefly, and maybe her mom didn’t think Rita was Redfoot’s kid.” He was unsure about to do.

“I’ll think about it later,” he told Mage, then walked back to his family’s cave.

THE NEXT DAY…………

Littlefoot, who still injured, and had been moved back to his grandparent’s nest, had received some surprising news from his folks: Their visit to the Great Valley was almost over, and they would rejoin their herd of sharpteeth they travel with out in the Mysterious Beyond within a week.

“I”ll miss you guys when you’re gone,” Littlefoot said. “Believe it or not, I’ll miss you too bro,” Shorty said with a smirk.

“Come on, you go find the others.”

The rest of the gang (minus Rory, who’s leg was also still hurt.) was walking around the Secret Caverns, trying to find any sky color stones.  “We’ve been waiting for you guys,” Ruby said when the green t-rex caught up to them.

Shorty explained that he, Tyran, and Saura would be departing soon.

“It was fun having you around,” said Cera. “Visit us again soon after you leave,” Petrie said.

Shorty just let out a small smile. “Eh…leaving won’t be too bad,” he said. “Now I’ll get to show my hunting skills to the rest of my herd. I know they’ll be impressed.”

“That’s cool Shorty,” complimented Chomper. All of a sudden they heard a voice snickering.

“Who’s laughing?” asked Rita. The longneck looked around until she noticed the one who was laughing was Guido.

“What’s so funny?” Shorty asked the sharpbeak, annoyed by Guido’s laughter. “It’s just…” Guido began to reply, “Well, a few days ago I saw you chasing a baby threehorn, and you….and you…” he continued trying to hold back laughter. “You tripped and it got away!” he finally bursted into laughing.

And he wasn’t by himself.  Soon, the rest of the gang with the exceptions of Chomper, Littlefoot, and Rita had joined in.  Even Myra, who was a threehorn herself, couldn’t help but derive amusement from the fact a preteen sharptooth couldn’t catch a hatchling.

“Ok, that’s enough guys,” Chomper said, sticking up for his best friend’s brother.. Tippy, Greg, Rory, Myra, Ruby, Spike, Cera, and Petrie soon stopped.

Shorty walked over to Guido with a noticeably angry look on his face.  “You’re gonna pay for that beak boy,” he said. Guido’s smiled briefly faded, but in returned soon in a smaller form.

“What are you going to do Shorty?” Chomper asked.

“Who knows?” was all the green sharptooth said in reply. The group continued their looking for shiny stones while meanwhile in Shorty’s mind, a little plan was forming….

THE NEXT DAY………

“Ok, you can come out Guido,” Petrie called, having been waiting outside of Guido’s cave for about have an hour now. “Shorty isn’t going to do anything to you today.”

“I can’t take any risks,” the sharpbeak called back. Petrie sighed.

“Look, even if he wanted to do something to you, he couldn’t possibly do it today,” Petrie explained, “He’s going to be out with a hunting party all day.”

Guido still refused to leave his cave. “Suit yourself,” Petrie sighed annoyed as he finally left.

Indeed, Shorty, Saura, and Tyran had decided to go out with the sharptooth hunting party that day. It was something they had been wanting to do since they came for a visit.  
The hunting party was essentially divided into two shifts: One group that would catch lunch, and one group that would catch dinner. Littlefoot’s family were in the lunch-catching group for the day.

“Good luck mom, dad, Shorty,” Littlefoot had said to them earlier.. “Thank you son,” Saura smiled.

“Thanks,” Shorty replied. As he set off into the Mysterious Beyond, a sly little grin formed on his face….

MEANWHILE……..

In the middle of a field, Mr. Belly Dragger was showing Rita new plants that could be used in cures. The green grass was very tall here, so Rita’s legs were not visible.

“This plant,” Mr. Belly Dragger said, pointing to one, “Is called the Jagged Flower. It’s called that because it’s stem always looks pointy, even though it doesn’t feel like that.”

“What could it be used for?” Rita asked, the longneck picking some up with her teeth.

“Mainly bad bumps,” Mr. Belly Dragger said. “But we haven’t had a case like that for a while.” Irony was about occur, however.

Petrie was practicing some new stunts, with Ducky, Chomper, Greg, and Ruby being his audience. He flew high in the sky for the big beginning.

“This one’s for you Ducky,” he smiled quietly.  Then he talked louder so everyone could hear him.

“Get ready everybody!” he called, “This stunt I’ve been working on for a whole cold time, and it’s extremely impressive to watch! As a matter of fact, not only is it hard to do, but it’s rare too! The conditions today are just right to do this stunt, and if I can’t do it today, I may not get a shot for several more cold tim….” “Guys!” Tippy and Cera called, running up to their pals.

“What is it?” Ruby asked, the friends diverting their attention from Petrie. “Darn it,” the flying sharptooth grumbled.

“Tippy hasn’t seen Guido anywhere today,” the belly dragger said. “I know where he is,” Petrie said,  flying down. “He’s in his cave, worried that Shorty’s gonna do something to him.”

“Then let’s head in that direction,” Cera said. The friends (Minus Ducky, bound to water as usual in this reality), agreed on that plan and headed in that direction.

On the way there, Cera looked down at the ground. All of a sudden she thought her eyes were playing tricks on her, because she some weird-colored dots on the ground, but she decided to ignore that.

But when they got to Guido’s cave, they saw something that surprised them: Guido was walking around, very dizzy with a bump on his head.

“Guido! What happened?” called Tippy, running inside.  

It took the sharpbeak a few moments to regain his composure. “Someone….hit me….on the…..head with…a rock,” he managed to say.

“Who would do something like that?” Ruby asked.  Suddenly, Cera brightened up. “Looks like I get to be a mystery solver again!”

“But who would want to hit Guido on the head with a rock?” Greg asked.

ONE BRIEF MOMENT OF CONTEMPLATION LATER…..

“Shorty!” everyone in the cave said in unison. “Let’s go find him,” Cera said.  “I heard Littlefoot tell me he’s hunting with the hunting party,” Chomper recalled. “They should be coming back by now.”

OUT IN THE MYSTERIOUS BEYOND………

It had been several days since the tragedy at Flattooth Valley. A large longneck had managed to be one of the herbivores who survived the Grounders’ assault and managed to escape. He was wandering through the dusty, rock-filled canyons of the Mysterious Beyond.

Redfoot had been by himself since the battle.  He was aware that he wasn’t the only survivor, but he hadn’t seen anyone he had recognized since then.  

“They’ll pay for this,” he grunted to himself, “They must be stopped.”  Redfoot managed to fight off any sharptooth that had tried to hunt him since he began his migration across the Mysterious Beyond in search for help. The longneck had managed to find several treestars he could eat. He knew he was probably going to rely on the help of strangers if he wanted to reclaim his valley.

But little was he aware, was that a familiar face was trying to find him…..

BACK AT THE GREAT VALLEY…….

“There are many places the hunting group could’ve left at,” Petrie noted, “We should split up to find him faster.”  The group agreed on that plan.

“Mystery solver Cera will once again save the day and prove fast biters are the smartest dinosaurs here in the Great Valley!”

“I guess some things can’t change,” Ruby said to herself as the detective-group split up.

Greg, Petrie, Chomper, Cera, Tippy, and Ruby all reached exits from the Valley that led to the MB. The hunting party that was waiting to hunt for dinner had at least one member of the party waiting at the valley’s exit.  They all described Shorty, but they said they hadn’t seen him.

Just then, Cera saw Shorty walking back into the Great Valley with a teenage longneck he had managed to catch.

“Ah ha!” she said confidently, running up to the green sharptooth.  “What’s up with you?” Shorty asked, not understanding her tone.

“We know you hit Guido with a rock earlier today!” she said accusingly. “I did not!” Shorty retorted. At this time Cera’s friends caught up to her and Shorty.

“Tippy knows what Shorty did,” the belly dragger said. “We’re going to tell your parents on you.”  

“If you want to tell on me, go ahead,” replied Shorty. “But first: tell me how I could be in two places at the same time.”

“Huh?” everyone went confused. “I left the Great Valley with my mom and dad and the rest of the hunting party earlier today, and haven’t come back until just now.”

“You could’ve simply come snuck back into here when you were alone,” Cera accused. “Nice guess,” Shorty replied. “But that isn’t possible either. The rest of the hunting party was waiting by where we left, and they never left their posts.”

“We’ll just see about that,” Cera replied.

MULTIPLE Q AND A SESSIONS LATER…….

Shorty’s story ended up being confirmed by the other t-rexes. They saw the hunting party (Including Saura, Tyran, and Shorty) leave the Valley and they waited by the exits until they came back just now. And none of them saw Shorty come back into the main valley. Some of the other party members did return with food early though.  

“I guess I didn’t do it,” Shorty smiled. “I’ll see you guys later.”

However, there was a feeling in the guts of Cera, Ruby, Chomper, Greg, and Tippy that was telling them “Shorty did it.”

Meanwhile, a short distance away, Spike was having a feeling in his gut that was telling him “I’m hungry, feed me.”

The group made their way back to Guido’s cave. Rita and Mr. Belly Dragger was treating his little injury.

“This should help,” Rita smiled to the sharpbeak, applying some of the jagged plant to the wound. “Thank you Rita,” Guido replied, still not able to see perfectly straight yet.

The others entered the cave. “So did you catch who did it?” Guido asked.

“Not yet…” Cera began, “But….”  “But what?” asked Rita.

“Well, we know Shorty did it for sure,” Ruby began, “And we also know why…..”  Chomper continued, “But we just don’t know how.” Cera finished.

TO BE CONTINUED…….

(Read and Review!  This two-parter and the previous “Inspector Cera” story in the original Sharptooth Valley were highly inspired by the Case Closed/Detective Conan anime/magna series, which I highly enjoy.)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(The conclusion to the mystery has arrived! I hope it surprises you!)

Chapter 22: The Return of Inspector Cera Part 2

IN THE MYSTERIOUS BEYOND…….

Redfoot’s belly had told him it was time for lunch.  He had recently passed through the Meadow of Jumping Waters, and he still could not find anyone who could prove to be an ally.

“This’ll keep me going for now,” he thought to himself as he yanked branches off a tree of sweet bubbles.

But as he was in the middle of his lunch, he heard a noise: rustling in some nearby bushes.  Looking around, he could tell that whoever was making the noise wasn’t someone very big, but he still wanted to no who was there.

“I know someone’s around me, who is it?” he demanded to know loudly.

“Sorry if I didn’t try for a direct introduction,” a familiar voice said to the big longneck.

AT THE GREAT VALLEY……….

“Shorty’s alibi is pretty good,” Tippy admitted.  “Maybe he didn’t do it.” “He was the only sharptooth we know who would want to,” Cera replied. “He has to be the one.”

“Then let’s go see if there was a way he could’ve snuck back into the valley,” Chomper suggested.

“That’s a good idea Chomper,” Ruby nodded. The rest of the group agreed to that plan.

“I’ll take care of Guido, you guys solve the mystery,” Rita offered.  “Thanks Rita,” they responded.

Elsewhere, Ducky and her siblings were practicing doing flips in the waterhole. The young swimming sharptooth’s talent in this skill was vastly improving.

“Watch this!” Flipper, one of Ducky’s brothers bragged.  Summing all the strength he could in his fins, he launched into the air and caused a big splash, sending water in every direction.

“That was a big splash Flipper, it was, it was,” Ducky complimented. All of a sudden, something caught her eye. A small portion of the nearby water was red. Dark red. Perhaps…even blood red.

“Probably just from someone’s dinner, yup yup yup,” figured Ducky.

ELSEWHERE……

The investigation continued.  The dinner-hunting party had made their way back to the entrance of the Great Valley with successfully caught prey, which consisted tonight of mostly threehorns and flyers.

“Um…hey mister?” Chomper asked one of the hunters. “Yes kid?” the hunter replied. Chomper described Shorty again, and if he had seen him after he left to catch lunch but before the rest of the herd arrived.

“I’m thinking back to every detail kid,” the big carnivore replied, “But I was by the exit of the valley all day and did not see your friend come back until everyone else did.”

“Thanks for your help anyway,” Chomper replied, and set off to look for more clues.

He remembered the last time he helped with a mystery; when Howler’s tooth went missing and he helped Ruby and Sharptooth find it.  It turns out it was Ruby’s bodyguard Zidane who had taken it for the purpose of hiding her location from Rinkus and Sierra.

Speaking of which………..

IN THE MYSTERIOUS BEYOND……

Redfoot turned around and, to his surprise, saw that the figure was Strut!  “I haven’t seen you for a while,” the mighty longneck said.

“I had prior arrangements, forgive me,” the fast runner apologized.  “Like what?” Redfoot questioned.

“Finding help against the ones who attacked your valley,” another voice spoke up. A grown fast biter soon followed Strut. It was someone Redfoot and Strut had only seen briefly, but they recognized him.

It was Zidane.

“Strut here tracked me down,” the fast biter body guard explained, “And requested my assistance. I hadn’t been receiving requests to protect others for some time now, so I felt I could lend you my services.”

Redfoot was surprised by this, he never had any interaction with Zidane during the showdown with the evil flyers, but now, with Flattooth Valley’s chances of recovery all but lost, he’d accept help from anyone, even a sharptooth.

BACK AT THE GREAT VALLEY……

Cera, Tippy, Ruby, Petrie, and Greg had similar results with their questionings. All of the hunters still remembered the same thing: Shorty did not reenter the Great Valley. Some of the other hunters did return early, however, with big prey that they had caught.

“Nothing?” Cera frowned as her friends regrouped. “Nothing.” They all replied in unison. “Maybe there will be a clue back at Guido’s cave,” Petrie suggested.

The group figured that was a good plan, so they headed back in that direction. While they were on their way there, the same brief, odd sight Cera saw previously caught her eye again.

“Hey guys, check this out,” the fast biter commented. “Is this blood or something?”

The others checked the red dots on the ground, and sniffed them. “Yup, smells like it,” agreed Chomper, “Though itt was just from somebody’s lunch.”

At Guido’s cave, a smell entered Cera’s sniffer. “Did you just eat something Guido?” she asked the sharpbeak. “Cause I smell prey here as well.”

“Nope, I ate my breakfast outside,” Guido replied, the bump on his head recovering. “But otherwise I’ve been in here all day.”

“Of all the luck,” grumbled Petrie, “If all of this didn’t happen, I would’ve been able to show Ducky my next big stunt!”

“Ducky!” Cera suddenly perked up. “That’s it!”

AT THE WATERHOLE…….

“Maybe he swam back here, maybe that’s how none of the hunters saw him!” was Cera’s new theory. “Hey everybody, check this out!” Ruby called, finding what likely could be a clue.

“What did you find Ruby?” Chomper asked. “A foot print,” the dark red fast biter responded, “And it’s big enough to possibly be Shorty’s!”

“Then we figured out how he did it!” Cera bragged confidently. However, that confidence was shattered when Petrie came flying by.

“I’m not so sure about that,” the young flying sharptooth commented. “What do you mean?” asked Cera.

“According to Ducky and the others, the water was moving fast out into the Mysterious Beyond today. He wouldn’t have been able to swim back.”

“Darn it!” Cera grumbled again. “Another dead end!”  “While, this footprint does have a tiny dash of blood from prey on it,” Ruby added, “But I don’t know what this could mean.”

The group than walked away from the waterhole, upset they really hadn’t found about any new details.

“Maybe Shorty just didn’t do it,” Ruby figured.  “Then who would have hit Guido?” asked Greg.

However, the group was about to find the key they needed to solving the mystery.

IN THE MYSTERIOUS BEYOND………

“And since I never got a chance to introduce myself back then, I’m Zidane,” the strong fast biter introduced.

“Why would you want to assist us?” questioned Redfoot, a tad suspicious.

“I don’t play favorites Redfoot,” Zidane responded, “I’ll protect a flatooth or flatteeth as much as I’ll protect one of my fellow carnivores.”

“At least we already know who the enemy is,” the longneck continued. “But the 3 of us can do nothing, we’ll need to find the survivors of the ambush and anyone else we can.”

“We won’t be reclaiming the valley within a week, mind you,” Strut spoke up. “We should try to find out more about this mysterious group of dinosaurs.”

“Well no time like the present,” Redfoot added.  “We’ll set off in the morning,” Zidane said. “I know of another place out here where herds of flatteeth gather. And I’m certain I can find sharpteeth who will gladly assist us.”

THE GREAT VALLEY………..

The group was heading back to Guido’s cave to tell him they couldn’t find out who did it when they noticed one of the hunting pack talking to his daughter.

“Did you enjoy the longneck I caught you for lunch sweetie?” he asked politely.

“I did daddy!” the little girl sharptooth smiled. “And you must have taken it down with a fight too, I saw a big hole in it’s side!”

“That’s odd,” the hunter replied, “I killed it with a bite to it’s neck. I don’t remember a hole in it’s side.”

Cera froze. (AUTHOR’S NOTE: Go to youtube, look for an episode of Case Closed/Detective Conan, and go to the part when Conan gets the clue he needs to piece everything together. If this was made into a cartoon or something viewed on a screen, I would insert the special effect of what I nicknamed the “Flash of Realization”. If you watch one of the episodes, you’ll know what I’m talking about.)

“I GOT IT!!!!!” Cera yelled very loudly. So loudly, it hurt her friend’s ears. “Next time warn us before you yell like that,” Tippy said.

Cera hurried back to the waterhole and asked Ducky a question. Ducky’s answer was just what Cera was hoping for.  She then looked at the footprint. From it’s position, it looked like it was heading INTO the water.

“Gotcha now, Shorty,” the mystery-solver laughed.

LATER THAT EVENING……

Shorty was walking through the valley, eating a small snack when he noticed Chomper, Cera, Ruby, Tippy, Petrie, and Greg looking at him.

“What?” he asked. “We know how you did it,” Cera replied.

“This again?” Shorty asked. “I told you, no one could be in two places at the same time.”

“That’s because you weren’t,” Cera smirked, beginning her deduction. “You snuck back to the Great Valley without anyone seeing.”

“How could I have done that?” Shorty asked.

“You got a ride,” Cera replied. “What do you mean by that?” Shorty retorted. “Glad you asked,” Cera chuckled, “Here’s what happened:

You left the Mysterious Beyond with your parents and the other members of the hunting party, no mistake about that, but while you were out there, you pulled off a clever little trick to get back into here.  You were aware that when some of the grownups successfully got a meal, they would head back to the valley before there shift’s over. You followed one of the grownups around until you saw them bring down a big leafeater. When the hunter wasn’t looking, you snuck up to the dead meal and using your claws, you cut a big hole in it’s side.  Just big enough…so you could fit inside.”

“That’s crazy,” Shorty replied. “Sometimes you have to think crazy to solve a mystery Shorty,” Cera replied.

“You had an easy pass back into the valley hiding inside the carcass. After the hunter dropped the longneck, you climbed out and went straight to Guido’s cave.”

“Then how could I have gotten out of here again?” Shorty questioned. “The waterhole,” Cera replied casually.  “You swam back out into the Mysterious Beyond, and that’s how you were able to get any blood or smell off your body.”

“You have no proof,” Shorty retorted. “Oh yes we do Shorty,” Chomper spoke up. “You left a lot of clues behind, and you didn’t get a chance to get rid of them.”

We saw some of the longneck’s blood in drops on the grass near Guido’s cave,” Ruby continued, “And in Guido’s cave, we smelled when smelled like a longneck carcass, even though he claimed he hadn’t eaten anything inside the cave.”

“And Ducky told us see saw some longneck blood in the water.”

“That’s still not absolute proof,” the green sharptooth said again.

“Oh we have that,” Cera smirked. “Follow us,” she instructed.  

AT THE WATERHOLE…..

The group showed Shorty the footprint. “Care to compare it to your foot my friend?”

“Aw crap….” Shorty muttered in defeat.

“You realize we’re going to have to tell on you now,” Chomper told Shorty.  “Come on, you don’t have to do that,” Shorty said nervously. “It’s like our last night here, you don’t have to ruin the fun for me and my folks…”

“Too bad, we might have to,” Petrie called, flying towards the nest where Saura, Littlefoot, Tyran, and Grandma and Grandpa Sharptooth were staying.

“Can we talk this over please?” Shorty asked, running behind Petrie.  

“And once again, mystery-solver Cera solves another case!” Cera laughed victoriously.

“Not this again….” Chomper said in disbelief.

“Eh, what can we do?” figured Ruby. “Let’s go tell Guido that Shorty’s been caught.”

“Good thinking,” smiled Chomper, and the two love-biters headed to their friend’s cave.

(Read and Review! I hope you liked the solution to the case! “Howdunits” are my favorite type of mystery.)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

(Here we are, at about the halfway point of the story! Sharptooth Valley II is now about 50 percent complete!)

Chapter 23: Strut’s Tale

Littlefoot had said goodbye to his family. Shorty’s punishment for hitting Guido was that he was not allowed to hunt for 3 weeks. He had no choice but to accept that.

“See you around,” the green sharptooth waved to his brother as he, Tyran, and Saura returned to the Mysterious Beyond.

Elsewhere, Rita had helped cure the bump on Guido’s head substantially.  “Thanks Rita,” the sharpbeak smiled, able to fly around again.

“No problem, don’t mention it,” the blue longneck replied. She dashed out of the cave to find Rory, Myra, and Greg.

The 3 other leafeaters were having dinner with Ducky and Spike, avoiding the sight of the two predators eating.

“I think we’ve been forgetting something,” Rory spoke up, “We came here to find help to get our Valley back.”

“We know…” Greg nodded. “But we saw what those bad guys did to all the adults back home, I think it might take even more than just the sharpteeth here.”

“We’ll help you guys,” Ducky said from the water. “We will, we will….somehow.”

“Thanks Ducky,” Myra replied.  “I hope Mo’s ok.”

“We weren’t able to see if he got out….” Rita reminded regretfully. “He’s not dead!” Rory growled.

“We can only hope….” Greg whispered.

“And Mo and our families aren’t the only ones to think about,” Rita commented. “What about Strut?”

The 3 other flatteeth thought about that. They knew Strut managed to make it out of Flattooth Valley safely, but he left after telling them to head to the Great Valley and they had no idea where he went.

“Well, we can be sure he has a plan of some kind,” Myra said, the theehorn chowing down on a treestar.

AT SHARPTOOTH’S CAVE…….

Chomper, Ruby, and Sharptooth were also talking about the Grounder issue.  “If the inhabitants of Flattooth Valley proved unsuccessful,” Sharptooth commented, “Our presence on the battle field may not make that of a difference.”

“But we can’t just forget about it!” Ruby called. “I know child, do not worry,” Sharptooth assured, “I am just pointing out we’ll need the help of even more dinosaurs.”

Ruby then thought of a crazy idea. “If there was two of everyone here, I’d bet we’d be able to beat them,” she said sarcastically, thinking it was a bit of a ridiculous idea.

But not to Chomper. His girlfriend had just given him an idea.  A crazy idea none the less, but an idea.  He was going to have to see Mage later that night….

“You thought of something Chomper?” Ruby asked, noticing the “Thought-processing” look on the purple sharptooth’s face.

“Oh, nothing,” Chomper responded.

OUT IN THE MYSTERIOUS BEYOND…..

The trio of Redfoot, Strut, and Zidane was continuing their trek to find survivors of the massacre.  Zidane suddenly started to stray in another direction.

“Excuse me, I must find fish right now. Knowing you Redfoot, I’m sure you wouldn’t be fond of my eating anything else.”

“You predict right,” Redfoot replied, and Zidane went away to find a river.  Strut and Redfoot halted in their tracks as they waited for the fast biter.

It was at this moment that Redfoot would ask something he’d been meaning to ask for a while now.

“Hey Strut,” the mighty longneck said. “Yes?” the fast runner replied. “I’ve had a question I never got the opportunity to ask in the past.”

“And what is it?” Strut asked.

“Honestly….take no offense by this, but I just don’t get you,” Redfoot replied.  “Sure, I’ve learned more about the “Circle of Life” since the whole poisoning strategy of mine, but you seemed to always to know about it and always seemed so calm.  I’ve been aching to know: Why are you like that?”

Strut wasn’t offended by the question. “It probably shouldn’t come as any sort of surprise,” the fast runner replied, “But I can trace my personality back to when I was just a child.”

“We have time,” Redfoot commented, “Why don’t you tell me about your past?”

“I might as well,” the fast runner agreed.

FLASHACK…………………..

Even when I was a young hatchling, I was different attitude-wise from the other kids. I got along with pretty much everyone, but I preferred being alone and spending time by myself. Ozzy was the polar opposite of me. I miss him, I truly do…..  He had a big social life, and he played games with his friends pretty much everyday. I had my own interests.

Younger Strut was holding a stick and drawing an image on the ground. “Ok, those marks go there….put a circle right there,” he whispered to himself, “And last but not least, put some dots here, and done!”

Ozzy and Strut’s father, Corman, walked over to his younger son to see what he had just created. “What is that, boy?” he asked.

“A little image I made father,” Strut smiled. It was a picture of Ozzy playing with some of his friends.

“That’s pretty good,” Corman complimented.

My mother died when Ozzy and I were really young. We knew she cared for us, but we didn’t have any real specific memories of her.

Ozzy, meanwhile, had just won a game of Toss the Seed with his teammates, and had a tendency to be a bit of a braggart.  “We’re the best players under the Bright Circle!” he cheered, jumping up and down rapidly.  

“We know,” the players on the other team laughed. Suddenly, everybody stood still.

“You here that?” a spiketail friend of Ozzy’s asked, hearing a roar in the distance.

“I think it’s a sharptooth!” a longneck said nervously.  “Best we be going,” a flyer said, flying back to her nest.

Surprisingly, one thing about Ozzy from our childhood is how he never tried the “I’m not scared of any sharpteeth” act so many of the hatchlings performed.

Strut and Corman saw Ozzy dash over to them, accidentally stepping on (and ruining) Strut’s picture.

“Aw man, I worked for an hour on that!” Strut said, slightly upset.

“I think there’s a sharptooth nearby dad,” panted Ozzy.  “Quickly, head back to our cave,” Corman instructed his children.  Ozzy and Strut were quick to follow orders.

For the next several minutes, the family of fast runners stayed as quiet as a ground crawler.  The sound of a t-rex’s footsteps echoed around them. They could tell by the distant sounds of chewing that someone had been caught and eaten.

I had been warned to avoid sharpteeth because they’d eat me, but that was the first time I had seen (or at least heard) them be successful.

Soon, the sharptooth had finished his meal and set off further into the Mysterious Beyond, signaling to the flatteeth nearby that it was safe to come out again.

“Stupid evil sharpteeth,” Ozzy grumbled, “I wish somebody could just kill all of them.”

“Don’t say that Ozzy,” Corman told his older son, “Sharpteeth play a part in the Circle of Life that’s important.”

“But you’re the one who warned me and Strut to stay away from them dad,” Ozzy recalled. “I know,” Corman responded, “I don’t want to lose you two boys, but you should know that sharpteeth have a right to live as any other dinosaur.”

When it came to Ozzy and I, it’s not that we didn’t get along, I’d say it’s just that our differences in personalities made us not communicate often. Usually it was only when we did things with our father did we talk to each other.

“You’ve been saying “Circle of Life” for a while now father,” Strut said. “What does than mean, anyway?”

“Oh Strut,” Corman smiled to his younger son, “There’s a lot to know about the Circle. You’ll understand it better when you get older.”

“But could I start learning now?” asked Strut. “You could,” Corman replied. “But you’re still a kid. Go make the most of your youth while you still can.”

“Gotcha,” Strut nodded.

Soon after that, I started hanging out more with my friends, and even had some intelligent conversations with my brother. My father was the one who sparked my interest in the Circle of Life, but it didn’t develop for several months after that.

And then, it happened…….

A recent-cave in caused the three fast runners to need to search for a new home.  “Stupid sky water,” the brothers said in unison, finally agreeing on something that they found stupid.

Most of the caves in the immediate area had been taken, so they would have to look for one in a different area. (Author’s note: Ozzy and Strut are now about 12-14 in human years at this point). Corman realized the fastest route to take to get to an area with more caves was through a nearby canyon.

“This place is kind of….unnerving,” Strut gulped, looking up at the wall’s edges, worried that a boulder might fall.

“Don’t be a coward bro,” Ozzy smirked.  “Don’t be afraid Strut,” added the father fast runner.  As they kept on trekking forward, Ozzy felt something land on his snout.

“What’s this?” he asked himself, touching the top of his nose and realizing it was dust of some kind, but he didn’t know where it came from.

The was danger right above us,, and I didn’t realize it in time. If I did, I might have been able to stop what had happened that night….

The sky water storm from the previous night had weakened the land atop the nearby cliffs, where several heavy rocks rested.

Only a few moments later, Ozzy felt dust drop on his head again. “This is starting to annoy me,” he said. And soon, the dust wasn’t the only thing he felt. The rain soon came, and it was increasing fast.

“”Hurry!” Corman told his sons, who were holding their ands over their heads so they could get a decent view of what was ahead. But then, tragedy struck.

Corman felt as if something important was above them, and looked above to see a massive boulder falling right towards Ozzy and Strut would be!

“LOOK OUT!!!” He yelled as he dove forward to push his sons out of harm’s way. The two brothers had no idea what was happening until they felt there father shove them forward, followed by the loud sound of a rock slamming into the ground.

“What on Earth was that?!” Strut panicked. When the dust cleared, Strut and Ozzy saw a sight that horrified them beyond belief.

Corman was lying there, the rock crushed his back.  “DAD!!!!!” they yelled horrified.

“Ok, we gotta move this, we gotta move this, help me Strut!” Ozzy panicked, trying to move the stone off their dad.

“It’s…..no use,” Corman’s voice groaned. “Father!” The young fast runners cried, overjoyed to see he was still alive.

“Moving this rock……won’t save me,” he groaned in pain, “Not only….do I think my bones are crushed, I think this went through my scales. If you me, you’d…be cutting me in half.”

“No…..no,” Strut and Ozzy said, tears in their eyes.  “You two have……..to go on ahead,” Corman groaned.

“Dad, we….” Strut began, but couldn’t conclude because he didn’t know what to say.

“You’ll be fine.” Corman said. “We won’t leave you!” Ozzy cried.

“No, it’s for the best,” Corman replied weakly. “At least, like this, some sharptooth could…….make a snack out of me, get some use out of…..this.”

I think I could pinpoint that comment my father made before he died as the exact moment I started to understand what the Circle of Life was about. I felt terrible that he was gone, of course, but I learned that somewhere out there, there might have been some hungry sharptooth who might have been in desperate need of something to eat. Plus, I think the sight of only half of my dad’s body would’ve been unbearable to see.

After that, my and Ozzy’s attitudes towards each other changed.  We stayed by each other’s side, but he had grown bitter since then.  His attitude was like that till we arrived at the valley. Even though he assisted you in that terrible plan of yours, I believed after everything went down, he may have learned his lesson.

And I still miss my mother, father, and brother every day…..

THE PRESENT………

Redfoot stood ther in shocked awe after Strut finished his story. Truth be told, when Redfoot first met Strut, he thought he was a (for lack of a better term) weirdo. The longneck and fast runner said almost no words to each other before Redfoot tried poisoning the water of the Great Valley, and now they had grown to have an understanding of each other.

“I’m sorry for your losses,” Redfoot said, having somewhat of a lack of words at the moment.

“Thanks,” Strut replied. Just then, Zidane returned from his lunch break.  “Thanks for being patient,” the fast biter apologized, “The fish proved rather difficult to catch today.”

“No need for an apology,” Redfoot said, no having more of a mutual respect for Strut.

As the trio continued on their way, Strut walked into the lead “I may understand sharpteeth and their survival needs, but these dinosaurs…..we can’t allow them to mess with the lives of the innocent!”

MEANWHILE, UNDERGROUND………..

Howler and Kain heard a roar that signified that leader of the Grounders was calling for a meeting. “Race you to the meeting place!” Howler grinned, the young fast biter dashing ahead.

“Cheater!” Kain called.

As they arrived at the meeting place, the other members of the Grounders had already gathered. The leader (Whose species I’m still keeping unrevealed for now), was calling for order.

“Flattooth Valley has fallen, as you all know,” the leader announced to his cult members. Cheers erupted throughout the underground cavern.  “But there is one more target remaining: the Great Valley!”

“In a few weeks we’ll be ready to ambush them from the inside out,” the leader continued, as did the cheers. “Then, we’ll finally have our revenge! Payback on all the dinosaurs in the overworld, our so-called families and friends who just abandoned us! We’ll make them suffer!!!”

The overjoyed screams and cheers reached their maximum at this point, Howler and Kain joining in.

(Read and review! Also, I noticed that, in about a week or so, it’ll have been a year since I posted the first chapter of the original Sharptooth Valley! It’s been a great 365 days!)