The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Accention Of Rahl Fanfic Charactors...

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Wow, Slash looks good! :wow I like her pattern, and those ridges of bumps or scutes on her snout, neck, back, and tail. I think her feet turned out very well, though I don’t think it’s anatomically possible for her right leg and foot to be in that position given the direction her body is facing.

Quote from: TITANOSAUR,Sep 10 2010 on  08:07 PM
she also sypathises with her brother for his attraction twards Rahl in that she knows she will hill him and her once she has her Galionus Empire back.
I'm confused. :confused I thought you said in Slash's profile that he didn't know Rahl was going to eventually kill him and Scyth. If Scyth knows, and really cares about her brother, then shouldn't she tell him so they can both escape before then?

Seems pretty strange to me that Scyth would have a Transylvanian accent. :huh: Does Slash have one as well? If they’re siblings, and were raised in the same pack, then either they both should, or neither should (It’s justifiable for Reign and Ali to have different accents, because they grew up with different parents in separate herds). And why that particular accent?

I do have to say that the black magic thing seems very out of place for LBT. I think Rahl and the other science fiction elements that come with her are divergence enough from a LBT story already.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey whats up pangaea  :D
Quote from: Pangaea,Sep 10 2010 on  11:55 PM
I do have to say that the black magic thing seems very out of place for LBT. I think Rahl and the other science fiction elements that come with her are divergence enough from a LBT story already.
yeah this is gonna be that kind of fanfic. I'm not doing all the thinking here, but I'm helping with keeping it cool and high quality. So even if it isn't anywhere what you would expect from lbt, it will (at least) be easy to read. He's got different plans after this fanfic for things I don't agree with, so that goes to show you that I'm not all for the deviance from LBT either, but I still show support. It's been rather rocky thus far, but a lot of thought is going into this

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://titanosaur.deviantart.com/
Wow, Slash looks good!  I like her pattern, and those ridges of bumps or scutes on her snout, neck, back, and tail. I think her feet turned out very well, though I don’t think it’s anatomically possible for her right leg and foot to be in that position given the direction her body is facing.

Slash? don't you mean Scyth?

and thoughs are just ridges. got the idea from the Deinonychus from Carnosaur.

I don't think its anatomically possible either. but it certainly looks cool.

QUOTE (TITANOSAUR @ Sep 10 2010, 08:07 PM)
she also sypathises with her brother for his attraction twards Rahl in that she knows she will hill him and her once she has her Galionus Empire back.

I'm confused.  I thought you said in Slash's profile that he didn't know Rahl was going to eventually kill him and Scyth. If Scyth knows, and really cares about her brother, then shouldn't she tell him so they can both escape before then?

he prefers not to know. Scyth tells him many times Rahl will kill him and her both. but he is ignorant.

Seems pretty strange to me that Scyth would have a Transylvanian accent.  Does Slash have one as well? If they’re siblings, and were raised in the same pack, then either they both should, or neither should (It’s justifiable for Reign and Ali to have different accents, because they grew up with different parents in separate herds). And why that particular accent?

its just how I wanted it. I thought it be cool. plus it will be fun to have a Velociraptor with a Transylvanian accent. atleast I think so.

well this isn't a regular LBT story. its my story. besides I'm not making charactors that are gonna make all the other LBT charactors want to become scientists, Militarists, or Witchs or Wizards. I am keeping all that confined to my own charactors.and even if it doesn't belong its not touched upon much. Rahl's Militarism and scientific enginuitism is the only thing that will be looked on. besides. LBT has had Aliens visit their planet. I think surely they can tolorate a bit of Science, Militarism, and Blackmagic, so long as it respects the LBT universal range.

Pickel?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: TITANOSAUR,Sep 11 2010 on  12:59 AM
:slap Sorry. Yeah, I meant Scyth. :oops

What I meant was that it looks strange (really uncomfortable, actually). The leg is very well drawn, but Scyth's thighbone would have be pulled out of her hip socket in order for her leg to be in that position. Not that you should change the picture, but in future pictures, you'd probably want to be sure to draw both feet in a realistic position.

its just how I wanted it. I thought it be cool. plus it will be fun to have a Velociraptor with a Transylvanian accent. atleast I think so.
You know, there was a raptor discovered in Transylvania recently. :p In case you didn't see, there was a post about it earlier. It had just two claws on each hand and two sickle claws on each foot, though, so Slash and Scyth couldn't be the same species. (You know, if you wanted, you could invent a character based on that raptor in a later story, and have THAT character speak in a Transylvanian accent. :p)

well this isn't a regular LBT story. its my story. besides I'm not making charactors that are gonna make all the other LBT charactors want to become scientists, Militarists, or Witchs or Wizards. I am keeping all that confined to my own charactors.and even if it doesn't belong its not touched upon much. Rahl's Militarism and scientific enginuitism is the only thing that will be looked on. besides. LBT has had Aliens visit their planet. I think surely they can tolorate a bit of Science, Militarism, and Blackmagic, so long as it respects the LBT universal range.
Yeah, but don't you think having magic AND science fiction in the same story is a bit much? I've never thought those two concepts were that compatible myself. And plenty of LBT fans weren't too happy about the "rainbow faces as aliens" thing. It may have been canon, but they didn't think it was fitting for LBT. Not that I'm arguing against Rahl (though I do like the idea of keeping her origins ambiguous), but if this story is already going to feature a militarized, technologized alien/Precambrian species with the ability to chemically alter the brains of other creatures (say, maybe that could be part of the explanation for why Slash finds Rahl attractive :idea), then I think black magic would be out of place on two levels (it's not really compatible with LBT or science fiction). Just my opinion.

Are you going to be coloring these pictures of Slash and Scyth?

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Sep 12 2010 on  11:44 AM
:slap Sorry. Yeah, I meant Scyth. :oops

What I meant was that it looks strange (really uncomfortable, actually). The leg is very well drawn, but Scyth's thighbone would have be pulled out of her hip socket in order for her leg to be in that position. Not that you should change the picture, but in future pictures, you'd probably want to be sure to draw both feet in a realistic position.

You know, there was a raptor discovered in Transylvania recently. :p In case you didn't see, there was a post about it earlier. It had just two claws on each hand and two sickle claws on each foot, though, so Slash and Scyth couldn't be the same species. (You know, if you wanted, you could invent a character based on that raptor in a later story, and have THAT character speak in a Transylvanian accent. :p)

Yeah, but don't you think having magic AND science fiction in the same story is a bit much? I've never thought those two concepts were that compatible myself. And plenty of LBT fans weren't too happy about the "rainbow faces as aliens" thing. It may have been canon, but they didn't think it was fitting for LBT. Not that I'm arguing against Rahl (though I do like the idea of keeping her origins ambiguous), but if this story is already going to feature a militarized, technologized alien/Precambrian species with the ability to chemically alter the brains of other creatures (say, maybe that could be part of the explanation for why Slash finds Rahl attractive :idea), then I think black magic would be out of place on two levels (it's not really compatible with LBT or science fiction). Just my opinion.

Are you going to be coloring these pictures of Slash and Scyth?
I didn't know there was a new raptor discovered. interesting. maybe one day they'll discover a new Carchadontosaurid? I remember when Giganotosaurus was first discovered in the 90s. man that thing was awsome. I liked Giganotosaurus way more then Spinosaurus.

theres only one scene in wich Scyth uses here hypnotic abilitys after that its not used anymore. its just a one time thing. (like Optimus Primes Energy Axe and Megatron's Energy Flail bit. only a one time deal)

I don't rely plan to color slash or Scyth. I may just leave it like this. I'm no good at coloring.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: TITANOSAUR,Sep 12 2010 on  05:11 PM
I didn't know there was a new raptor discovered. interesting. maybe one day they'll discover a new Carchadontosaurid? I remember when Giganotosaurus was first discovered in the 90s. man that thing was awsome. I liked Giganotosaurus way more then Spinosaurus.
As a matter of fact, they DID discover a new carcharodontosaurid recently (nice article with picture here), though it was only around 20 feet long, not a giant like Carcharodontosaurus or Giganotosaurus. It’s called Concavenator corcovatus (“Hunchbacked Hunter from Cuerca”; I kid you not :p), and it has two notable features. First, two of the vertebrae in front of its hips were extended into long, narrow spines, which probably supported a small sail or hump in life. (Amusingly, my brother and I have always called Carcharodontosaurus “the land shark” because its name means “shark-toothed reptile”. While we were looking at this article, we simultaneously realized that this was a “land shark” complete with a fin! :lol) The hump may have been for fat storage like a camel’s, a means of keeping the dinosaur cool, and/or a display structure. The second feature were the small bumps on its forearm bones, which may have supported quills or feathers.

There’s a few other carcharodontosaurids you may not have heard about: Mapusaurus and Tyrannotitan (“Tyrant Titan”; what a name!), both large South American “land sharks” of similar size to Giganotosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus, and Eocarcharia ( “Dawn Shark”), a smaller early carcharodontosaurid from Africa that was about 25 feet long and had prominent bony eyebrow ridges.

I was obsessed with Giganotosaurus at one time (I loved the idea of a theropod bigger than Tyrannosaurus), but these days I’m more into Spinosaurus. Not because of Jurassic Park III, but because of its more unusual appearance (I’m a sucker for weird dinosaurs :p) and the theories and hypotheses I’ve read about it, suggesting that it hunted by wading up to its nostrils in water with its jaws below the surface to grab fish; that the tip of its snout was packed with sensory pores that allowed it to detect movements in the water; that its sail was brightly colored and functioned as a display structure for when the rest of the dinosaur was underwater, as well as making it look bigger and more intimidating to other carnivores, possibly allowing it to scare them off so it could scavenge from their kills; I find it all very interesting.

theres only one scene in wich Scyth uses here hypnotic abilitys after that its not used anymore. its just a one time thing. (like Optimus Primes Energy Axe and Megatron's Energy Flail bit. only a one time deal)
You’d still be using the element of magic in the story, though, no matter how little impact it has on the plot. In fact, using it only once and referencing it a little might make it seem even more out-of-the-blue and unfitting, like if an otherwise clean and family-friendly LBT movie had one extremely bloody and graphic injury, even if the scene was brief and the injury not severely harmful to the character. It would make much more sense to just have the character suffer a small, non-bloody wound, as this would both fill the same purpose in the plot of the story, and fit in better with the rest of the film. My point is that, if the scene where Scyth is to use magical hypnosis is essential to the plot, then I think it would be better if you found a different, non-magic device to replace it. For example, if Scyth can’t just kill the dinosaur in question, perhaps you could instead have her use some sort of martial art that enables her to instantly render another dinosaur unconscious by striking a particular nerve and/or blood vessel. It’s much more plausible than black magic, and I even remember seeing an episode of Ripley’s Believe It Or Not (and I think something similar on Time Warp as well) that featured a guy who could knock people out by pinching them at a certain spot in the neck/shoulder area (likened to a real-life Vulcan nerve pinch). Or, if Scyth can’t touch the dinosaur, couldn’t she just use ordinary hypnosis? (By the way, I'm afraid I know nothing about Transformers.)

I don't rely plan to color slash or Scyth. I may just leave it like this. I'm no good at coloring.
Oh well. What colors do you imagine them as being?

Personally, I thought the coloring you did for “Grandpa Longneck vs. Tornetar” looked good. :yes And you wouldn't need to color the original drawing; you could just print out a copy of the scanned picture and color that.

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I still like Giganotosaurus better. I like to think it may have even hunted other carnivores. though I believe that is a bit farfetched. still one has to respect a dinosaur that is willing to hunt sauropods dispite them being bigger.

I thought LBT 5 (I'm guess your refering to LBT 5's Gig and Mom and dad T-Rex fight?) was a good movie. the blood in it didn't bother me. then again it never did.

as for the Raptor's colors. slash would have a blue scales, red stripes (or spots wichever you prefer to call them I always had stripes in mind) and a dull green underbelly. Scyth has red stripes, purple scales, and a dull lime underbelly.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: TITANOSAUR,Sep 14 2010 on  03:05 AM
I still like Giganotosaurus better. I like to think it may have even hunted other carnivores. though I believe that is a bit farfetched. still one has to respect a dinosaur that is willing to hunt sauropods dispite them being bigger.
There's also evidence that it hunted in packs. :!

I thought LBT 5 (I'm guess your refering to LBT 5's Gig and Mom and dad T-Rex fight?) was a good movie. the blood in it didn't bother me. then again it never did.
Actually I wasn't referring to any LBT movie. In fact, I thought that the injuries in LBT V were just about right for the maximum level of blood that be shown in that kind of movie. I was imagining a much more graphic injury in my hypothetical example: a superficial, but very, very bloody injury, like what you'd get from a really bad scrape. My point was that if that kind of injury were to be shown only on one brief occasion in a film in which that sort of thing would be considered too graphic, it would still be out of place in the film. The same concept applies to using magic only once in a science-fiction themed LBT fanfic; it breaches the genre no matter how little it is used. It's hard to explain where I'm coming from, but basically I'm saying that since even a little bit of magic is going to stick out as “what the heck is that doing here?” material in your story, I think you should come up with a non-magical alternative to fill its role in the plot.

as for the Raptor's colors. slash would have a blue scales, red stripes (or spots wichever you prefer to call them I always had stripes in mind) and a dull green underbelly. Scyth has red stripes, purple scales, and a dull lime underbelly.
Ooh, colorful raptors. :DD Did you imagine the colors as being really vivid, or more toned down like those of the fast biters in LBT 11 and the TV series?

I suppose to find out what Rahl's colors are, I can just check out your new Galionus thread. :p Or is she differently colored from regular Komodogalionus?

EDIT: Never mind; I don't even need to do that. :slap You posted that SPORE picture of a female Komodogalionus earlier.

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Sep 14 2010 on  02:40 AM
Quote from: TITANOSAUR,Sep 14 2010 on  03:05 AM
There's also evidence that it hunted in packs. :!

Actually I wasn't referring to any LBT movie. In fact, I thought that the injuries in LBT V were just about right for the maximum level of blood that be shown in that kind of movie. I was imagining a much more graphic injury in my hypothetical example: a superficial, but very, very bloody injury, like what you'd get from a really bad scrape. My point was that if that kind of injury were to be shown only on one brief occasion in a film in which that sort of thing would be considered too graphic, it would still be out of place in the film. The same concept applies to using magic only once in a science-fiction themed LBT fanfic; it breaches the genre no matter how little it is used. It's hard to explain where I'm coming from, but basically I'm saying that since even a little bit of magic is going to stick out as “what the heck is that doing here?” material in your story, I think you should come up with a non-magical alternative to fill its role in the plot.

Ooh, colorful raptors. :DD Did you imagine the colors as being really vivid, or more toned down like those of the fast biters in LBT 11 and the TV series?

I suppose to find out what Rahl's colors are, I can just check out your new Galionus thread. :p Or is she differently colored from regular Komodogalionus?
I did a colored version of Rahl, didn't you see it? its on the first page. under the first pic of Rahl I did. its colored. she'll share the same color scheme.

to tell the truth I am actualy gonna rethink my story a bit. gonna do a complete rewrite. only think I'll keep the same is Rahl, Reign, Slash, and Scyth's charactors as is. sence it took so long to come up with them. I'll also keep the Carloneum Crystal idea sence its the story's focus material.

I'll probley end up working on a story. but I'll still post here for more ideas.

as for the raptor's colors, to be honest, I like bright colored Raptors. only times I would prefer toned down color raptors is if they where trying to blend in a dull environment. I also like the idea of them using colors to attract mates. as well as to diffrenate themselfs from one another. especialy if they are ment to be central charactors.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: TITANOSAUR,Sep 14 2010 on  04:19 AM
I did a colored version of Rahl, didn't you see it? its on the first page. under the first pic of Rahl I did. its colored. she'll share the same color scheme.
Yeah, I just forgot about it until half an hour after I made my post. :oops (Notice the edit I added.)

to tell the truth I am actualy gonna rethink my story a bit. gonna do a complete rewrite. only think I'll keep the same is Rahl, Reign, Slash, and Scyth's charactors as is. sence it took so long to come up with them. I'll also keep the Carloneum Crystal idea sence its the story's focus material.

I'll probley end up working on a story. but I'll still post here for more ideas.
This is a very interesting and original story idea, and I do hope you finish it eventually. Let me know if there are any particular parts of the story you're focusing on, and I'll try to come up with some suggestions.

as for the raptor's colors, to be honest, I like bright colored Raptors.
Same here. I'm a fan of colorful dinosaurs. :smile

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Sep 14 2010 on  03:29 AM
Quote from: TITANOSAUR,Sep 14 2010 on  04:19 AM
Yeah, I just forgot about it until half an hour after I made my post. :oops (Notice the edit I added.)

This is a very interesting and original story idea, and I do hope you finish it eventually. Let me know if there are any particular parts of the story you're focusing on, and I'll try to come up with some suggestions.

as for the raptor's colors, to be honest, I like bright colored Raptors.
Same here. I'm a fan of colorful dinosaurs. :smile
no, I mean the first sketch i did of Rahl. yeah I colored it. go to page one, look at the first sketch I did of rahl and on that post you'll find I did a colored version of it. I wish I did a better job with it though.

I realy think it needs to be rethought. so I'm gonna put it aside for a while. I am getting some flack about it with my co-Writer, who I don't think wants to work with me anymore about it. but you know. its just one of thoughs things.

but yeah colorful dinosaurs I like best. mainly because you can get such vivid ideas for their colors. I always liked purple on a dinosaur. mainly cuz its one of my favorite colors. that along with black red and sage. oh and green.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: TITANOSAUR,Sep 14 2010 on  05:03 AM
no, I mean the first sketch i did of Rahl. yeah I colored it. go to page one, look at the first sketch I did of rahl and on that post you'll find I did a colored version of it. I wish I did a better job with it though.
Oh. I thought you said the final version of her would probably have different colors. :o

I realy think it needs to be rethought. so I'm gonna put it aside for a while. I am getting some flack about it with my co-Writer, who I don't think wants to work with me anymore about it. but you know. its just one of thoughs things.
Oh dear. Sorry to hear that. I'd still be happy to help you out if you'd like (though I don't know if I could be a full-time co-writer, given the ever-decreasing amount of free time I have nowadays :unsure:). If it's not too general a question, what parts or aspects of the story that you've shared so far do you think need to be changed or redone?

By the way, just a general statement I'd like to make: I'm sorry if the critique I leave on your work ever gets annoying or frustrating. It's just my style of giving feedback; pointing out what I think is good about the material I'm reviewing, and what I think could be better. I do it because I like the art/writing and care about it, and want to help its creator make it as good as it can possibly be. I always want to avoid coming off as nosy, pushy, or otherwise irritating in my attempts to be helpful, but I can never tell when I'm going too far, since everyone has a different threshold. So please don't hesitate to tell me if I'm ever crossing that boundary, so I know to modify my reviewing style so that I don't upset you.

but yeah colorful dinosaurs I like best. mainly because you can get such vivid ideas for their colors. I always liked purple on a dinosaur. mainly cuz its one of my favorite colors. that along with black red and sage. oh and green.
One of the things that bugs me about shows like Walking With Dinosaurs and Jurassic Park is that I don't think they make their dinosaurs colorful enough. :p Not that they're bad shows, but I wish they'd stop painting their dinosaurs with mammalian color palettes, and start looking more at the colors of birds and reptiles for inspiration. They are the dinosaurs closest relatives, after all, and dinosaurs probably did have good color vision like them. Not to mention that practically every dinosaur with an unusual or prominent characteristic (horns, frills, sails, crests, feathers, spikes, even armor) has been stamped with the hypothesis that it used that feature for display and communication, like a peacock's train or a chameleon's skin.

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Sep 14 2010 on  05:14 AM
Quote from: TITANOSAUR,Sep 14 2010 on  05:03 AM
Oh. I thought you said the final version of her would probably have different colors. :o

Oh dear. Sorry to hear that. I'd still be happy to help you out if you'd like (though I don't know if I could be a full-time co-writer, given the ever-decreasing amount of free time I have nowadays :unsure:). If it's not too general a question, what parts or aspects of the story that you've shared so far do you think need to be changed or redone?

By the way, just a general statement I'd like to make: I'm sorry if the critique I leave on your work ever gets annoying or frustrating. It's just my style of giving feedback; pointing out what I think is good about the material I'm reviewing, and what I think could be better. I do it because I like the art/writing and care about it, and want to help its creator make it as good as it can possibly be. I always want to avoid coming off as nosy, pushy, or otherwise irritating in my attempts to be helpful, but I can never tell when I'm going too far, since everyone has a different threshold. So please don't hesitate to tell me if I'm ever crossing that boundary, so I know to modify my reviewing style so that I don't upset you.

One of the things that bugs me about shows like Walking With Dinosaurs and Jurassic Park is that I don't think they make their dinosaurs colorful enough. :p Not that they're bad shows, but I wish they'd stop painting their dinosaurs with mammalian color palettes, and start looking more at the colors of birds and reptiles for inspiration. They are the dinosaurs closest relatives, after all, and dinosaurs probably did have good color vision like them. Not to mention that practically every dinosaur with an unusual or prominent characteristic (horns, frills, sails, crests, feathers, spikes, even armor) has been stamped with the hypothesis that it used that feature for display and communication, like a peacock's train or a chameleon's skin.
well originaly yeah. but I am starting to like that color choice.

if I need any help on anything it'll probley be spelling. but you know. and its the whole story that is being changed and redone.

WWD and JP had great dinos. I just wish they had more color on them.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Because TITANOSAUR had Malte lock the story thread, I feel I'll make a comment about it (We have both agreed that I'm part of the story writing as well)

TITANOSAUR has decided to stop writing the story, and keep it for some other time. I want to PUBLICLY SAY that I have NOTHING to do with his decisions of holding the story off. I was AGAINST IT, and wanted to continue helping with it. I don't exactly appreciate his decision (He has apologized to me many, many times) and I will say that I can't write the rest of it because he's the actual story teller. I just help think up and write how everything happens to get it across in a meaningful way.

I don't just stop thinking/writing about things I care for. I want to make that clear.

TITANOSAUR

• Chomper
    • View Profile